Everyone Wants To Be The Hero

Shadows In His Heart

Hyorin yawned softly as they walked back from the car, the cold night air causing her to shiver. Yesung wrapped an arm around her and she smiled as she leaned her head on hisshoulder. It had been one of the most amazing days that she had ever had, so much fun that it had left her quite exhausted from all the running around  they did. It had been too long since she had done the little things like taking a walk or even going to the movies. Yesung had even taken her to the amusement park. In a lot of ways she felt like it was her own birthday since she ended up enjoying the day so much.

They walked back in and Hyorin immediately tensedup. As Yesung showed them his identification they let them walk in, but something was different about the way they looked at her. They seemed more alert all of the sudden. She watched them exchange a glance as one pulled his phone out and began to do something. Hyorin had a bad feeling as she suddenly took a step backwards.

"Hey let's go upstairs" She whispered to him as she tugged on Yesung's sleeve, somehow hoping going back to their own rooms would protect them from whatever was coming.

Loud footsteps echoed from behind Hyorin and she watched as the two guards visibly straightened up and stood firmly. She felt the atmosphere of the lobby change before she turned and looked at the man coming towards them. Jaejoong's body was tight with anger and he did nothing to hide it from showing in his eyes. What a surprise it had been to him when he finally got the resolve to go see her and her room was empty. He had searched for her until he finally got to the security room and reviewed the tapes, watching her leave hand in hand with Yesung.

"Who the hell gave you permission to leave?" Jaejoong asked, his voice even and strong.

"I didn't know I needed permission to leave, besides it's not like I left alone, I came back didn't I? What's the problem then?" She asked remembering what Yesung had asked her. He was right, she wasn't a prisoner.

Jaejoong cut offthe words he was going to say and just went to grab her arm, surprised when Yesung suddenly cut in, stopping his arm halfway through. Their gazes clashed and Jaejoong would have just loved to punch him out right then and there, but instead he controlled himself and settled for shooting him an angry glance.

"What are you doing? This is none of your business, go back to your little computerroomand leave us alone" Jaejoong ordered, angrily pulling his arm back.

"If it has to do with Hyorin then it is my business, I'm her friend. If anything, it's you who has no right to know where she goes at all times, you're just one of her father's employees. You don't get to treat her like that" Yesung said calmly.

Hyorin looked at Yesung, surprised that he was defending her, but more afraid of the look in Jaejoong's eyes. She knew he was holding himself back and she didn't want Yesung to get hurt so as a precaution she took a subtle step and now stood in front of Yesung.

"You have no idea what you're talking about Yesung, now get out of here before I make you regret that little burst of courage you just had" Jaejoong said, noticing how Hyorin had stepped in front of him to protect him. His eyes met hers and fueling his anger he saw the resolve she had in her eyes to keep the man behind her safe. What exactly were her feelings for Yesung again?

"Yesung, I'm going to be fine, you should go" Hyorin said calmly, refusing to break eye contact with Jaejoong in case he all of the sudden decided to go after him.

"... Fine. Good night Hyorin" Yesung said aware that she didn't know how much she had just hurt his feelings by sending him away, but knowing that she was doing it to protect him. It was that thought that comforted him and that gave him the last bit of courage to lean down and give her a kiss on her cheek.

Hyorin saw Jaejoong's eyes widen a fraction and his resolve snap before she felt Yesung's warm lips make contact with her cheek. She was so surprised by the sudden contact that she was late as Jaejoong lunged at Yesung. Gaining her senses she grabbed Jaejoong's arm as he readied himself for another punch, the first one having already split Yesung's lips so that blood ran down the side of his mouth.

"What the hell are you doing?!" She screamed as she pulled Jaejoong off and looked at Yesung worriedly, "... go back Yesung he's angry at me not you" Hyorin whispered.

"Are you sure?" Yesung asked, unable to keep away the smug look in his eyes as he looked at Jaejoong angrily.

"Yes I'm sure" She confirmed as she watched Yesung stand up and nod as he turned and walked away.

Jaejoong stood still until the elevator doors closed shut on Yesung. Hyorin stared back at him, angry with what he had just done.

"I didn't have to ask anyone for permission. Besideswho would I have asked, I don't know who the new person in charge of me is so this certainly isn't Yesung's fault, he never dragged me away. I chose to go with him" Hyorin explained fighting to stay calm.

"I wasn't granted my request,  I'm still stuck with you so I'm warning you now. Don't you ever pull another little stunt like this again" Jaejoong threatened.

"You're always 'warning' me. If have such a problem with all the things I do then you should have fought harder to be transferred away from me" Hyorin snapped.

"I mean it Hyorin. You're not the only one who stands to be punished if something like this ever happens again" Jaejoong said, the threat lying plainly in his words.

"... FineI'll do what you want, but don't ever touch Yesung again" Hyorin warned, she wouldn't allow Jaejoong to push away the only friend she had in this building.

"You're playing a dangerous game Hyorin, I don't respond well to threats" Jaejoong snapped as he took a menacing step towards her.

"It's not a threat, it's a compromise. I won't leave without at least telling you about it and you don't touch Yesung, it seems reasonable" Hyorin said refusing to back down.

Jaejoong watched her, knowing that she was 100% serious and nodded more to himself, but she must have taken it as an acceptance since he could see her body relax. He was still angry though, even if he forced himself to package it away so deep inside him to places where even she couldn't tell. He gave her another look and turned away, with nothing more to say to her when her voice stopped him.

"That day, why did you do that?" She asked suddenly, wanting to settle this since they were apparently going to keep working together.

"Curiosity? You looked so angry and I wondered what you would do. Also, I was really drunk, I barely remember it anyways" He lied.

"... It was just that?" She asked, making sure.

"Yeah, don't tell me you thought it was something else?" He asked a bit mockingly as he turned to face her, "You're nothing but some stupid girl I'm stuck with so don't ever forget that. I could have my pick of so many women... I don't need one to settle for one with so many mommy issues" He said, suddenly wanting to hurt her. She could just go cry to her boyfriend Yesung for all he cared.

"Wow, is bringing up my mother the only way you know to hurt me? Because it's quite obvious that's what you're trying to do. But don't worry it's not like I'm stupid enough to fall for an obedient dog like you" She said hating him slightly for how he ignored her, for how that moment seemed to haunt her but not him, for how his words seemed to sting much more than she had expected.

"What did you say to me?" Jaejoong asked, shocked at the words that were coming from .

"You heard me. You don't think I know? Yeah you're this big bad killer, but the truth is you can't even move a muscle without being told to do so. You don't question anything,you're my father's dog Jaejoong and we both know it. I wonder, what's the big traumatic event that made you the thing you are today?" Hyorin said, her voice beginning strong and angry and fading as she realized that her words weren't entirely false.

If he was allowed to hurt her, why couldn't she right? Although... the look in his eyes seemed to make Hyorin only feel worse instead. He held her gaze, anger and shame burning inside of him, knowing that she must have seen some of how it affected him because the flash of regret in her eyes was unmistakable. He knew her too well and she knew him. She didn't say a word as she dismissed herself and walked past him, wanting to get away from his overwhelming presence. If she stayed any longer she might end up apologizing and she didn't want that. She didn't want to cave first.

"We have a mission upcoming, we'll pick up our training tomorrow morning" He called behind her.

She made no indication she heard him and continued to walk.

Jaejoong watched her walk away and cursed himself for not requesting that change in personnel. He had come so close but when it had come down to it, the words had caught in his throat. He was the one playing the dangerous game he realized quickly. There was something wrong with him, he shouldn't have felt such an intense surge of hate for Yesung, he shouldn't have cared. The problem was he didn't know how much longer he could stand not caring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesung paced in his room angrily. He usually didn't get angry, he was a pretty calm guy so this was pretty rare for him. There was something wrong he concluded. Yesung knew he cared for Hyorin, but for the first time it occurred to him that maybe... he might like her a bit more than he should. But that wasn't the problem. Hyorin could be happy with him, the problem was Jaejoong. Yesung could see it, even if Jaejoong or Hyorin couldn't, he could see the way Jaejoong snapped when Yesung had begun to lean in. He had todo it, becausehe wanted to know the answer to the question that had been burning in his mind for the longest time. He knew what had happened to Jaejoong's last real girlfriend and he was scared that Hyorin would go down the same path. So he wouldn't let her. There was something strange going on and so Yesung vowed to find out the truth, to expose Jaejoong for who he really was in front of Hyorin and then he would take her far, far away from the hell they both lived in becausehe could see how it was slowlyeatingaway at the part of her that made her human. It was normal, this place did that to everyone that spent too long inside.

~~~~~~~~~~

Seung Hyun sat in his office working out all possibilities in his plan. He reviewed the perimeter on the area, the personnelhe had assigned and even the bait he had gotten. It was perfect. He knew that Jaejoong was the best and so they wouldn't risk possible failure by sending anyone else in besides him. HopefullyHyorin would come along or at the very least he would capture Jaejoong and force him to tell him where Hyorin was. He ran through the plan once againas he mindlessly played witha pen in his hand.

He took out the photograph of a much younger Hyorin and wondered how much she might have changed. He wondered if she hated him for never coming back to get her the night her mother had died. Seung Hyun felt a special connectionto the girl in the photograph. He had spent years searching for her, studying her past life, her habits, her friends, what she did, where she used to go. He had even had her under personal surveillance for the 3 monthsleading up to that day so he felt like he knew her. Even if she hadn't known about him until that night in her house.

Thankfully he was getting another chance to save her and she was alive after all that searching so he figured lady luck would be on his side. He watched as Ji Yong and Taeyang approached his office with a stack of folders each. That's right, they needed to keep planning, making sure they covered every single possibility that they might be missing. If everything went according to plan as of next week she would be safe with him.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

See this one was extra long too! Hahaha I liked this one more, it seems more like the other chapters right? Moodwise anyways I thought it did. So my school's begun again so I'm can only guarantee a weekly update as of this point, but I promise if I find some extra creative time I'll try to update twice ^-^ and there shouldn't be any more random disappearances on my side anymore either.

Thanks for reading/subscribing/commenting!

p.s. Also, does anyone know any good graphic shops? I tried one but they've had me waiting on my request for like three weeks now so I clearly need someone else =_= So yeah if anyone knows anyone that can do it a recommendation would be highly appreciated please!