A Dangerous Mission (Part 2)

Shadows In His Heart

Seung Hyun sat in the small building counting down until it was time to put on their little act. He knew that those men wouldn't risk the opportunity to kill their witness and he counted on that desperation to drive them to make the stupid choice of sending Jaejoong to kill the man that was being prepared behind him with so little information at hand. He glanced out of the small windows at the buildings ahead and quickly averted his gaze, Jaejoong would be out there, positioned with a sniper that would soon be aimed towards him and the rest of his team.

It had been around 3 or 4 years since Seung Hyun had been hunting down Jaejoong. He was sure Jaejoong had been looking for opportunities to get rid of him too so they had both studied each other's movements. He knew Jaejoong liked to be discreet, cautious, and efficient. A sniper shot was the only possible choice for a man like him and Seung Hyun was betting his life on it.

A loud thud made him turn his full attention to the task at hand. His men were binding the convicted murdered so that when they draped the coat over him, the binds would be invisible. Seung Hyun approached him coolly, the noise from his boots echoing along the large empty space. He pulled the hood far down over the man's head and bent his head down so that the duct tape to keep him silent was virtually invisible. He looked over the disguise, satisfied with the result. What better bait to an assassin than a made up witness? He would have been forced to place one of his own agents in this dangerous role as bait, but his permit had followed through and he was allowed his pick from the nearest prison. One less thing for him to worry about, the first target would be that man and that gave Seung Hyun and his team time to move to safety. Not without a little taunt of course, he wanted to make sure Jaejoong knew who was in charge this time around.

Suddenly, he wondered if the agent that they had finally managed to pay off was living well. They had smuggled him out of the country of a small fishing boat so far away that even Seung Hyun had trouble remembering now. It was worth it, releasing a small fish to catch a predator like Jaejoong and to save Hyorin.

"Did you guys look at the photograph I passed around?" Seung Hyun asked his team, reassured when they all assured him that they had Hyorin's face memorized, "Good, she's our priority in this mission, keep an eye out for her at all times as soon as she's spotted stay on her and move on my signal got it people?" He yelled as he loaded his gun and tucked it snugly in his coat.

"It's time" One of his newest team member announced.

"Let's move then" Seung Hyun said firmly as his plan was set into motion.

Seung Hyun heard the van pull up loudly and pulled open the sliding metal doors of the building they had been in. It was dark out, the streets illuminated by the occasional street light. It wasn't deserted though, there were several people out walking around. No one stared though, this was known as a rather shady part of town so the people on the streets made sure to mind their own business and look the other way. His agents moved out from around him, making it look as if they were checking their surroundings. Seung Hyun felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up and he knew that Jaejoong was out there watching, yet he resisted the urge to look up no matter how much he wanted to.

Jaejoong flexed his fingers and propped the large sniper rifle on the edge of the rooftop. The chilled air blew towards him and he adjusted his aim accordingly. He zoomed in with his scope and looked onto the scene below him and smirked. Seung Hyun and his little team had gotten careless he thought arrogantly, they must have never even considered the possibility that one of their own agents would betray them and leak the information. His finger rested calmly on the trigger as he waited for his target to step out into view.

"I don't like this" Hyorin murmured secretly, she had a bad feeling.

"What's wrong?" Jaejoong asked, moving his scope to find her on the street. She looked calm enough and blended in as she waited for someone to finish up in the phone booth, seemingly like just any other person.

"I just... I think there's just something wrong Jaejoong. They seem too calm" She whispered, shoving her cold hands into her pockets.

"Stay calm, we're the ones with the upper hand" Jaejoong assured her, suddenly seeing what she must have been seeing.

Jaejoong frowned as he realized that something about the men 4 blocks away was strange. They went through all the motions, but it lacked... purpose? He straightened the sniper rifle and held his aim trained the door. He had picked out the best and fastest gun. The scope was so good that he could even see the bolts on the door until he zoomed out.

"I'll get it done fast, then we can leave immediately. In the meanwhile, just stay calm. You remember what to do in case we get separated right?" Jaejoong asked quietly even though he was hundreds of feet away.

"I'll find the nearest pay phone I can and call you immediately and wait for you to come get me right?" Hyorin asked, trying to calm the nerves that she suddenly felt.

"That's right. Stop worrying I'll— they're opening the door, quiet" He hissed as he positioned his shoulder and took off the safety on the rifle, he would end this quick tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seung Hyun prepared himself and got himself into position as soon as he got double confirmation that there was a girl that matched Hyorin's description within range. Tonight, Jaejoong would finally feel what it's like to be messed around with, what it was like being toyed with. He wouldn't be making a fool of the NIS or Seung Hyun any longer. He pulled open the sliding doors and the slam of it colliding with the door echoed loudly in the night. Like regular protocol he stepped out first, looking around for any danger, but focusing on finding the phone booth described to him.

Sure enough, there was a woman standing a distance away, waiting to get into the phone booth. The wind blew strongly in her direction and pulled her long hair back revealing a face that had become very familiar to Seung Hyun. He fought to keep his face blank and straightened his coat, the confirmation that it was her to his team, and headed back inside. He signaled as the rest of his team escorted the convict out of the building.

Jaejoong looked through the scope carefully, seeing a metallic door being pushed open and a man with his face completely hidden by the hoodie he wore, surrounded by what seemed like four other men in suits step out. Jaejoong smirked as the bullet went through the man's head cleanly, but the smirk disappeared almost instantly when he realized that none of the agent's had moved a muscle. They weren't surprised or distressed.

"... they're not doing anything" Hyorin whispered in surprise, forgetting her instructions to run as soon as the shot was fired, it wasn't like she had had to make a distraction anyways. As far as they knew she was just another woman on the street.

Jaejoong didn't answer as he trained the rifle on Seung Hyun who shocked him by suddenly looking up with a smug little smirk on his face. Jaejoong resisted the instinct to just blindly shoot him, something important had just happened and he needed to know what. This was a message he realized. Seung Hyun leisurely reached inside his coat and pulled out a piece of paper and held it up in front of him. Jaejoong moved the focus of his scope on the piece of paper and his blood chilled as he realized it was a wanted poster of a convicted murderer, the man that Jaejoong had shot, the man that was supposed to be the ing witness.

He opened his mouth to order Hyorin to run when he choked on his own words. Seung Hyun had pulled out another piece of paper, only half the size of the wanted poster, but Jaejoong had a gun professional enough to see it clearly, it was a photograph of Hyorin. This had all been a trap. For the first time in a mission he was shocked so much he had frozen as everything fell into place.

"Hyorin run, get the out there NOW!" Jaejoong yelled as he fired the rifle, his aim completely off, since Seung Hyun had already moved quickly out of  his way, ", , " He cursed repeatedly as he tried to hit someone, anyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jaejoong! What's going on?!" Hyorin hissed as the men suddenly ran towards her, surrounded her and lunged at her.

She had been taken by surprise she realized. She kicked out and struck a man agent the chest, sending him staggering back onto the ground. Hyorin tried to calm herself as she kept the men away, only for a minute longer she told herself. Just a minute longer and Jaejoong would be there and he would get her out of there safe. Just another minute and he would be there. She heard him curse when he heard her scream and heard him scramble to her. She opened to tell him something before a boot connected with her back sending her stumbling forward and knocking the earpiece from her ear.

Hyorin turned quickly and blocked the punch heading her way and returned it with  swift slam to his neck, at this point whether he died or not, wasn't her priority, she just had to escape. She grabbed a man that was rushing her and sent him sprawling to the ground behind her, quickly ducking as a hand flew out to grab her and she responded by sending her fist quickly flying into someone's face. Blood gushed out and the man staggered backwards with a broken nose. She tried to fight them off, but acute hearing or near night vision wasn't helping her. No even her faster than average speed or strength were making a difference. She was strong, almost super strong for her size and weight anyways, but she wasn't equipped to take on the mob of men going for her. Where they all came from she had no clue, but one thing was sure, they weren't leaving without her she realized fearfully.

"I got her" Yelled a man right a she felt something prick the back of her neck ending their fight too early and sending what seemed like a lightning bolt through her body.

Her muscles tensed and trembled as she fell to the ground a searing pain spreading from her neck. Hyorin recognized the paralyzing feeling, Jaejoong had showed her the effects of a taser personally once and just like she remembered, it hurt like a .

Jaejoong disassembled the sniper rifle, a process he had learned to do in a matter of seconds and took off running down the stairs. At this point he didn't care how much noise he made or who he might wake up in that lonely apartment building all that ran through his mind was that Hyorin was in danger and that he wasn't there to protect her. He shot out of the building and ran to his car. Throwing the case inside he hurried in and pulled out of the building, racing to her location. He stopped the car in the middle of the road, pushed his door open and ran out to where she was supposed to be.

All he found was an empty street without a single trace of her left behind except for the earpiece she wore only minutes before.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yay! I've been waiting for this part in my story because this is kind of like the turning point in a way. So I hope you guys are just as excited as I am for how the story is going to progress ^-^ I think I enjoy double updates too much hahahaha but what ends up happening is that I'll write a chapter and then it'll way too long so I'm just ehhh I'll split it into too because a super long one looks a bit awkward.... hmm.... XD

Thanks for reading, subscribing, and hopefully commenting? ^^