Pop quiz with a tinge of secret

Making Promises and Being Promised
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a few minutes of walking around and joking, the both of them finally reached their destination.

 

 

"We're finally here!" Jimin announced, smiling, while turning to Taehyung who is behind him. "You are gonna love my friends! We are in a team which helps the school out".

 

 

"Jimin, I-" Taehyung tried to tell him but Jimin cut him off.

 

 

"They are really friendly! Believe me".

 

 

"Jimin! Wait".

 

 

Jimin kept quiet and his smile turned into a frown and Taehyung has never felt so guilty before in his entire life.

 

 

"What's wrong, Tae?"

 

 

"I, uhm... Can I, you know... Uh, not meet... not meet your friends, at the moment", Taehyung said with a small voice while looking down.

 

 

Jimin's eyes soften at the sight infront of him. Taehyung looks so, scared? As if he isn't ready for something so big as meeting someone new.

 

 

"I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have pushed you after how you reacted-" Jimin apologized but was soon cut off by Taehyung.

 

 

"Wait, what? React to what?" He questioned, eyebrows scrunched up.

 

 

"When I tried to help you up after we bumped into each other, I saw how you flinched. You look so scared I was too afraid to even help you."

 

 

The both of them kept silent after what Jimin said, both of them not knowing what to say next. Jimin soon broke the silence by putting his hands on both of Taehyung's shoulder and smiled softly.

 

 

"Its okay, Tae. If you're not ready now, then we'll wait until you're ready. You know, baby steps."

 

 

Taehyung nodded a little and gave Jimin a soft smile in return and said "Yeah. Thanks, Chims. You're the best"

 

 

"Welcome. And of course I'm the best! I have been since in my mom's womb" Jimin said smugly causing Taehyung to playfully slap him in the arm and Jimin to whine about it being painful but actually isn't.

 

 

And with that, the both of them walked into class, startling a few students as they open the door. The both of them walked in and Taehyung took a seat, not too far at the right, from Jimin. After a while, the bell rung signalling that class has started.

 

 

In the meantime, Taehyung is amazed with the variety of abilities in this classroom. There were Chorokinesis (Time control), Electrokinesis (Electric manipulator), Photokinesis (Light manipulator), and Taehyung lost count because there are too many. And Taehyung couldn't wait to start his first day.

 

 

Out of nowhere, a man around his late 20's appeared out of nowhere near the teacher's table, scaring the out of Taehyung. Taehyung guessed that the guy has Teleportation and is the teacher. That must for all of the students. Having your teacher arriving in your class on time, 24/7 usn't exactly called 'fun' in Taehyung's opinion.

 

 

"Alright, kids! Settle down" The teacher said while taking a seat. 

 

 

Jimin leaned his body a little to Taehyung's direction and whispered. "That is Mr. Kwon Jiyoung, the teacher for this subject."

 

 

Taehyung looked at the teacher, and back at Jimin and he repeated his actions three times before facing Jimin and said " Is he your long lost parent or something?"

 

 

Jimin replied with a flicked on Taehyung's forehead and whispered-yelled "No, you pabo!"

 

 

Taehyung rubbed his red forehead and pouted which Jimin cooed internally. Out of the blue, Mr. Kwon's voice boomed across the room as he begun.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

Class went on boringly for fifteen minutes, as usual just like in every school and every collage Taehyung went. So to waste time, Taehyung took a look at Jimin's friends -who looked like America's Next Top Models- that Jimin mentioned earlier.

 

 

Jimin's group of friends consist of six -including Jimin- people.

 

 

Person#1 is wearing a black shirt with a black cardigan and black boots. He also has pink hair and dimples, which Taehyung felt like poking them, whenever he smiles. 

 

 

Person#2 stands out quite a bit with his mint green hair. He is wearing a black t-shirt with a black cardigan and a ripped-denim-design skinny jeans. Showing his thin legs which Taehyung felt jealous because of his legs. And accomponied by black boots.

 

 

Person#3 -Taehyung is not gonna lie- looks a little like a horse for some reason. He is wearing a black long-sleeved sweater and skinny-denim jeans with black and white striped shoes. Somehow, the simple attire made him look good.

 

 

Person#4 is wearing a white t-shirt with a grey cardigan and accomponied by black skinny jeans with white high tops. His hair is brown and styled perfectly and he looks really pretty. Too pretty to be a guy.

 

 

Person#5... There us something about person#5 that caught Taehyung's attention. He made Taehyung felt, different? He make his heart did jumping jacks and he just can't take his eyes off of him. He looks like a cold person since he is the only one who hasn't smile in the group since the class has started -no, he wasn't stalking-. (a/n : mhmmm -.-) He is wearing a white t-shirt with a green checkered jacket and black skinny jeans with Timberland.(a/n : him and his Timberlands XD)

 

 

Taehyung was about to daydream about him more when he heard his teacher said "Okay, pop quiz time!"

 

 

The whole class groaned except for Taehyung. He felt anxious and nervous. And not in a good way. He felt as if something bad is going to happen.

 

 

He also didn't groan because, a) he kinda likes pop quiz, b) what is the use of groaning and c) he knows its inevitable.

 

 

Mr. Kwon -or as Taehyung likes to call him 'Jimin's long, lost parent'- started walking around, observing each student. Making sure he got the right one. A few were keeping a straight face while the others hung their head low to avoid getting chosen.

 

 

Taehyung heard soft, annoying chattering and whispering -which Taehyung knows instantly- that it belongs to a group of girls. Like, ing seriously? Can't they shut up? They're giggling none stop and Taehyung had to hold himself back from rolling his eyes.

 

 

Please pick them, please pick them, please pick them...

 

 

Taehyung begged silently to the gods.

 

 

Fortunately, the Gods heard his blessing when Mr. Kwon started to walk casually towards the table behind him and slammed his hand in a sudden causing Taehyung to jump a little in his seat from the loud sound.

 

 

Thank god...

 

 

"Yah!" Mr. Kwon said in a loud voice causing the girls behind him to shut the up.

 

 

Everyone turn their attention to the back, including Taehyung, to witness the scene behind him. The group of girls are now hanging their head low, avoiding Mr. Kwon's fierce gaze.

 

 

"Seolhyun! What's so juicy, hmm? Care to share it with the class?" Mr. Kwon said in a fake cheerful voice along with a fake smile. His index finger is now tapping on the table, obviously waiting for an answer.

 

 

Seolhyun, of course, kept silent. Blush of embarassment creeping on her cheeks.

 

 

"Or maybe, even better, why don't you answer this question. Hmm?" Mr. Kwon asked again, this time his fake smile is gone and is replaced with a fierce, heavy gaze.

 

 

Mr. Kwon lift his right hand that was on the table and lift his right forearm up with his hand open wide. And suddenly, a dagger appeared, floating above his hand before grabbing the hilt and handed it to Seolhyun.

 

 

Taehyung would've been amazed if the class wasn't in this kind of a tension.

 

 

"Now, tell me. What is this dagger's name, what does it mean, who owned this, and what happened during that time. I want the details sharp and clear and also in order. Right. Now." Mr. Kwon said. His arms are crossed over his chest and his right foot is tapping against the floor.

 

 

And all Seolhyun could do was look at the dagger that was on the table, not knowing what to say.

 

 

Meanwhile, Taehyung stared at the dagger. His mind filled with curiosity. He has heard about this dagger before from Nanny Song. But only the name and the meaning. He just wants to grab it and look through it but he knows he can't or he is gonna expose himself to the whole class and to danger. But the feeling of wanting to find out is building up and he curses his self because of his capability. So he took deep breaths to clear his mind and tried to focus back on Mr. Kwon.

 

 

His was soon snapped out his thoughts as he saw Mr. Kwon snatched the dagger from the table, causing Seolhyun to flinch.

 

 

"Next time, pay attention!" He said as he walked towards another table. And that table is where Jimin's group of friends were right now. And with that, Seolhyun looked down at her hands.

Mr. Kwon reached near the table where Jimin's and hus friends were and his eye soften as he asked nicely. "Jeon Jungkook? What about you?" His voice isn't the pretending-to-be-nice voice. It was genuine and sincere.

 

 

Taehyung took a wild, random guess that this 'Jeon Jungkook' kid must be really smart and famous since Mr. Kwon was being all nice. -the famous part was just a random fact since that is how all of the dramas and movies he has watched turned out like this-

 

 

Taehyung soon realized th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter