Taehyung vs Yoongi

Making Promises and Being Promised
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Proofread. Enjoy!

                                                                                                         

Taehyung's P.O.V

"Okay, in your positions!"

Yoongi and Taehyung obeyed Hoseok's orders and stood at their positions, waiting for the fight to begin.

"Set.."

And with that,  Hoseok pressed the blowhorn causing Taehyung to flinch at the loud sound and taking a good disliking for it. The whole place  instantly went silent. It was so quiet, you could hear a pin drop. No one dared to move, not even the other students. Everyone waited for one of the two males to make a move but they just stood there as if they are frozen, contemplating whether they should attack or defend first.

Yoongi's left hand slowly made its way to his jeans pocket and it didn't go unnoticed by Taehyung. His hand is fidling with something in the pocket and Taehyung wondered.

It's not a weapon, right? He said no weapons.

Taehyung was right, it wasn't a weapon. Yoongi made the first move by pulling out a metal lighter from his pocket and fireballs blasted out of his right hand. Taehyung just had enough time to snap out of his trance and dodged it by an inch. Or else, he could've been barbecued. Literally. And Taehyung didn't know if he should laugh at the joke he made or panicked.

He panted, trying to catch his breath after he backfliped away from the fire. He is now on one knee, eyes wide. Trying to overcome his shock. He could still feel the wave of heat that almost made contact with his skin.

"Nice dodge, kid. But, unfortunately, you're gonna need more than just a mere backflip to survive." Yoongi said as he toss the lighter in the air with his left hand, repeatedly.

I wonder what the lighter is for? His source?

Taehyung snake his hand slyly into his hoodie pocket. He wiggle his hand around and finally found a paperclip or two and let out a sigh of relief.

Perfect.

Yoongi saw Taehyung's hand in his hoodie pocket and he didn't hesitate to flick his lighter and throw more fireballs at the brunette.

If you were to be in Taehyung's shoes right now, he would have said that time must have slowed down in his opinion. He could hear Jimin yelling his name from above, telling him to watch out. Taehyung took out the paperclips from his pocket and in a nick of time, he turn the paperclip into a silver liquid and he made the volume of the liquid to multiply. Soon, it became a gigantic blob of silver and it became a shield in an instant under Taehyung's command, protecting him from Yoongi's attack. It's been almost 17 years but it still amazes him how all of this can happen in a nanosecond.

Taehyung is currently behind his shield, his on the ground with his arms slightly covering his face as he took a peek.

He is gonna be honest, he might've made the shield a witty bit too big? But you can't blame him. He panicked so he didn't think much except for the fact that he might die.

He was gasping for air as he relaxes his tensed body. He could feel his heartbeat through his ears and he is sweating. Whispers, chattering and light gasps can be heard everywhere. Taehyung looked up to take a glance at Jimin and the others and they were suprise too. Even the cold-hearted bastard, Jungkook, who's eyebrows are scrunched up.

And Taehyung hates himself for calling him hot.

Taehyung quickly snap his gaze away from him and look at Yoongi who has his eyes a little wide and head tilted to the right. A lazy and an amused smirk plastered was on his face before asking.

"Huh. This is new. I've never seen anything like this before. What are you?"

I don't even know myself.

Taehyung stood up an dusted the dirt of his jeans before he lazily shrugged his shoulders while rubbing his -maybe bruised- left arm softly. 

"Then, how do you expect yourself to win when you don't even know who you are? Well, let's find out together and end this, shall we?"

Yoongi said and stepped closer to Taehyung in a slow pace. All Taehyung could do right now is to form a plan. He looked around, trying to find something he could do to good use.

He is not weak, he is not vulnerable and he is gonna prove it.

He suddenly thought of an idea and he advert his gaze to Yoongi's belt buckle. (A/N : I might or might not have thought of A FEW dirty things here (///×///))

Yoongi, soon enough, blasted a fireball towards him and Taehyung quickly ducked and put his hand out, towards Yoongi's direction to control his belt buckle.

Yoongi was dropped and dragged forcefully across the ground until his whole body crashed against the concrete wall.

Taehyung let his arm fall to his side as he panted. Fear was slowly eating him up as he saw Yoongi on the ground, shaking his head lightly.

Oh , oh , oh ing . (A/N : Me when I didn't have time to update this story.)

The whole stadium went dead silent as everyone looked at Yoongi. The said male grunted and stood up slowly with his hand on his hand. He shook his head one last time to make sure there wasn't any concussion before looking at the scared brunnette opposite of him. He his busted lip and flicked his lighter again.

"You have guts, kid. I like it. That was a really smart move. But, now, its my turn"

And with that being said, Taehyung's body flew across the field before crashing against the concrete wall, his clothes were smoking with a few burned holes and his skin was blistered a little, accompanied by a few red marks on his body and his right cheek bruised badly.

He heard gasps everywhere and his vision was blur. Before he could register his surroundings, he was being thrown across the field again. His fraile body crashing against the concrete wall again before falling -not so gracefully-  onto the ground.

He groan and he was sure that he could feel even more bruises forming on his body. To say that it didn't hurt would be a total ing lie.

He layed on the ground with no energy left in his body as he breathed in hard. He wondered how much time passed by while staring at Yoongi who was coming closer to him. As soon as he closed his eyes, he suddenly felt an uncomfortable pressure on his chest.

He opened his eyes and saw Yoongi, foot on the brunnette's chest as he lowered his head to Taehyung's face. Taehyung let out a light cough before Yoongi said "Hmm... I thought you were stronger that I imagined. I guess it was all a dream. Too bad."

Taehyung's half-hooded eyes met with Yoongi's left hand which is holding the metal lighter.

Wait a minute... The lighter...

And at that moment he remebered something.

The key is to be quick-witted. And remember to show weakness first because you want your rival to attack you first so you can make a move and not the other way around.

But how? And when?

Taehyung quickly put his brain to good use by forming a plan while at the same time, keeping himeself as calm as possible but it's hard, knowing that there is a dude hovering above you and could grill you in a nanosecond.

"Now, any other words before I, kinda, end you?" Yoongi said, another fireball forming above his right hand.

 

Jungkook's P.O.V

 

"Now, any other words before I, kinda, end you?" Yoongi said, another fireball forming above his hand.

Jungkook looked between the both of them for, what seems like, the 100th time of the day. For some unexplainable reason, Jungkook feels a little nervous with a tinge of worry buried in his body and he wasn't sure why.

He thought that this would be the end. Taehyung is gonna end up in the nurse's office like how the others end up when they challenged Yoongi but what Taehyung did was totally unexpected. Hell, Jungkook thinks no one expected it.

Taehyug laughed.

He laughed.

Why is he laughing? Is it a fake laugh or a real laugh? But, WHY IN THE NAME OF NEPTUNE IS HE LAUGHING? 

Jungkook came to a conclusion that the new kid has mental illness and had just escaped the mental facility.

Jungkook was so confused and he was sure that everyone was confused as well.

He just kept laughing and laughing. As if he is watching a comedy movie.

Jungkook broke his gaze from the two males upfront to look at Namjoon. He saw how Namjoon wore one of his famous knowing smiles and Jungkook wonders why.

"Hyung, what's going on?" Jimin whispered to Namjoon causing Hoseok and Seokjin to look at the said male as well.

"Is he crazy?" Hoseok continued.

Namjoon just simply shook his head and chuckled lightly. "The kid knows what he is doing. Just watch." He said, making them advert their gaze at the two males.

Taehyung was still chuckling while the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter