Hellhounds

Making Promises and Being Promised
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N : Suprised? Me too XD Here's a long as chapter. Like, VERY LONG. I'll explain why in the end. Until then, enjoy, everyone!)  (Italics and underlined are V's dialouges.)

 

 

The next couple of weeks consists of Jungkook following Taehyung whenever he had the chance. Of course, there were a few times where Taehyung caught the younger staring at him or maybe even even trailing behind him and Taehyung felt a sense of weirdness bubbling inside him but doesn't bother saying it out loud because, maybe Jungkook just picked up a habit of daydreaming and just so happens to use the same way as Taehyung.

 

Meanwhile, Jungkook kept oh-so-slyly spying on Taehyung. He feels guilty for doing so but he is so sure Taehyung is hiding something that he can't help but to grow a sense of curiousity. Taehyung is hiding something and he wants to help. Becuase, maybe, the secret Taehyung is hiding might not bring anyone danger. Whatever it is, Jungkook won't stop until he finds out the truth.

 

Taehyung was suprised. Very suprised and shocked because the next couple of weeks went on smoothly. Without any disturbance or distractions, he could actually focus on living his life as an ordinary teenage boy and focusing more on his friends. His grades got better, his status reports improved positively, his extra curricular activities reports is a pretty good average -which suprised Taehyung because he is as lazy as a turtle-. (A/N : Like me :') )

 

As for Jungkook, he was starting to give up on his investigation and believe the fact that Taehyung is innocent. But, everytime he wanted to stop, he would see or hear Taehyung acting strange. And that sparks up the curiousity in Jungkook's stomach. As days passed, with Taehyung not being disturbed by anything or anyone he doesn't want to think off and with Jungkook busy investigating Taehyung, both males went through a long period of thinking.

 

》》》》》》》 

 

Maybe it stopped happening. Maybe he actually doesn't know I'm here. Does that mean I'm safe? Taehyung thought to himself as he got ready and hoped for another hopeful day.

 

"Hey, V?" Taehyung called out. Taehyung's shadow rippled as if it is water and V's voice suddenly appeared in his head.

 

"What? I was sleeping you piece of ", V complained which caused Taehyung to roll his eyes.

 

"Well, sorry, Sleeping Beauty. But, I have classes. Anywho, I wanted to ask about how the past couple of weeks have been doing?" Taehyung said seriously which caused V to become serious as well.

 

"Well, suprisingly, everything has been going well. It's weird. I mean, like, the first three days you were being disturbed and now you're like free. Don't you think it's weird?"

 

"Well, of course I think it's weird. Creepy, as well, to be honest. It's like, when I'm being disturbed, I feel scared and when I'm not being disturbed, I feel even more scared. Does that make any sense to you?"

 

"Boi, you make absoulutely no sense at all since you were borned. But, other than that, yeah, I get it".

 

Taehyung sighed before picking up his bag and slung it over his shoulders and grabbed his dorm keys.

 

"Just... Try not to think too much about it, yeah? Don't stress yourself out. Besides, I get aches whenever you're stressed. Now, I want to sleep. Toodles~", V said before dissapearing. Taehyung giggled a little before nodding at V's words. And with that, Taehyung felt V's presence fading away before getting out of his dorm and locking the door in the process.

 

》》》》》》》

 

Jungkook's day started as usual. Him and his hyungs waited by the entrance of the campus for Taehyung while talking among themselves. Students started to pile into the campus, making the once soft and silent atmosphere turned into a louder and noisier one, with chattering and loud voices coming from every direction. Jungkook breathed in the fresh morning air and smiled to himself as he looked up at the light blue sky with a thought he has been playing in his head over and over again eversince he woke up.

 

Maybe I should just stop this stupid research on Taehyung and just believe him. After all, he looks too innocent to be hiding something big and dangerous from everyone.

 

He stretchecd his arms out and heaved out a sigh before having one last thought popping into his mind as he saw Taehyung walking up to them with a smile.

 

Yeah, maybe I should stop.


But his change of mind will soon be doubted, big time.

 

》》》》》》》

 

"Come on, guys! They're serving Meatball Subs and I am not missing out on this golden oppurtunity because of your slow behinds", Seokjin said to the others who were trailing behind him as he fast-walked while the others just groaned. They are currently heading towards the cafeteria after their Math class and Math makes them starve. Why does the school offers combats, history, archery, shooting and all those cool shiz class and suddenly there is a Math class that came out of nowhere, they have no idea.

 

"You guys go ahead, I need to ask Changsub hyung to change my bandage", Taehyung stated with a smile.

 

"Wow, you guys got so close, you're calling him 'hyung already?" Namjoon asked, in which the other replied with a nod.

 

 Jungkook, however, had a little war going on inside his head. 

 

Changsub? And Taehyung? Wait, what am I thinking?

 

Jungkook sighed inaudibly before ruffling his raven hair. He looked at Taehyung and made eye contact with him and the latter smiled at him. And Jungkook smiled back, feeling the weird fluttery feeling in his heart again.

 

You're sick, Kook. You're. Sick.

 

"Okay, then. Do you any of us to accompany you?" Jimin asked with an oh-so-innocent face while his right hand creepily and slyly made it's way to Jungkook's back, ready to push him.

 

"Oh, no. It's okay. I'll be fine. It'll only take, like, 10 minutes or so", Taehyung answered, smiling softly at Jimin and Jimin pouted as helis plan to push Jungkook forward, failed.

 

"Okay, Tae. Be back as soon as possible!" Hoseok said before giving Taehyung a nudgie and waved at him. Taehyung replied with his boxy smile and waved back.

 

They turned their directions and headed for the cafeteria. While walking, Jungkook was about yell out a 'be careful' to Taehyung, when he saw Taehyung's smile drop to an obvious frown. His frown was so big, Jungkook didn't need to look up close just to know that Taehyung's pouting.

 

Jungkook's eyebrows clashed together and his lips, soon, turned into a frown as well as he saw Taehyung fast-walking down the wall and took a left turn.

 

But, the Health Room is on the right.

 

That was when, Jungkook knew, something wasn't right. He stopped in his tracks and called out his hyungs.

 

"Uh, hyungs. I need to use the restroom. So, you guys can go on without me", Jungkook said, making his hyungs turn to look at him.

 

"Okay, then. Be back quick", Seokjin said,his motherly side acting up again. Jungkook nodded at his statement and turned his heels 180 degrees before walking forward and taking a left turn, following Taehyung.

 

This is why it's hard for me to trust him.

 

》》》》》》》

 

Jungkook fast-walked so he wouldn't lose track of Taehyung. Thoughts he doesn't want to think and believe start to pound his head.  After a few twists and turns, he spotted Taehyung by the hall and quickly retracted his whole body back, hiding by the turn of the hallway, near the lockers. Jungkook panted and let out a sigh before taking a peek at Taehyung.

 

Taehyung was just staring at the ground, as if it's the most beautiful and intresting thing in the entire universe. Or so Jungkook thinks. Jungkook's prediction of Taehyung staring at the ground was soon scratched off as he realized that Taehyung was actually staring at his own shadow.

 

As if on cue, Taehyung's shadow started to ripple like water before it started to move on it's own. Jungkook's eyes widen before quickly hiding himself back behingmd the walls.

 

What the ?

 

Jungkook carefully looked at Taehyung again and heard hin talking.

 

"Hey, V. Why d'you asked me to excuse myself from them?", Taehyung asked as he sat on the ground and leaned his back against the lockers.

 

Who the is 'V'? And who is he talking to? Jungkook thought as he scrunched up his eyebrows. He continued to look at the bow silent Taehyung,as if the brunette was waiting for the wind to reply him, which will never happen.

 

"What do you mean, something doesn't feel right?" Taehyung asked to practically no one and Jungkook grew more confuse. That was when he suddenly saw Taehyung's shadow moving when Taehyung isn't moving. He saw Taehyung's shadow shrugged while shaking it's head before leaning it's back against the locker, like Taehyung.

 

That was when Jungkook felt everything click in his mind. As if the disconnected became connected. The switch in his brain and he finally undrstands all of the weird things he had seen and heard from Taehyung.

 

Taehyung is talking to his shadow all along.

 

But, he can't do that. Unless he is a-

 

Jungkook's eyes widen in realization.

 

Unless... He is a Dark manipulator. But, Dark manipulators don't exist anymore. They're all extinct.

 

Jungkook was soon snapped out of his thoughts as he heard Taehyung sighed and stood up.

 

"Well, I have to get back now. They're all probably worried", Taehyung said while dusting the dirt off his pants. And stuffed his gloved-hands in his pockets.

 

Jungkook quickly walked out of the scene and headed to the cafeteria as quick and quiet as possible. He heard a faint 'Bye, V' before he took a sharp turn of the hallway, slipping off from the scene, unnoticed.

 

》》》》》》》

 

"Took you long enough", Yoongi said as he saw Jungkook walking towards their table, heavy panting. Jungkook took a random water bottle from the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter