Nightmares and Moving

Making Promises and Being Promised
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung is sitting happily in between his mom and dad, his short legs dangling from the couch. His grandmother is sitting beside his mom while his grandfather ( or as he likes to call him “grandpapi”)is sitting next to his dad. They are watching a movie together with a bowl of popcorn on Taehyung’s lap, his hands coated with little sticky caramel. Taehyung and his family is watching a movie and laughing like any other regular family would do on a Saturday night. Unlike any other family, though, his family, for some reason, lives in a small cottage in the middle of the woods. Taehyung doesn’t know why but he is not going to complain ‘cause he likes being in the woods and hanging in the quiet atmosphere with the forest creatures. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door.

That’s weird. Taehyung thought. No one usually comes at night. Usually in the day but its always Nanny Song.

Taehyung took a wild guess that maybe Nanny Song decided to drop by but Nanny Song rarely visits at night or more like never. Never ever. Being the curious little butterfly he is, he turned to his mom and asked.

“Mommy, who could that be? Is it Nanny Song?“

Taehyung’s eyes lit up at the thought of having Nanny Song here having a sleepover. She could read him bedtime stories or maybe even play hide-and-seek. Taehyung saw his mom exchanging worried glances with his dad. So does his grandmother and grandfather.

“Taehyung, sweetheart, come to mommy“ his mom said with a glint of worry in her eyes.

“Don’t worry, I’ll go see who it is” his grandfather said with a stern voice.

“Dad, wait, no. It could be-“ Taehyung’s mom protested but was cut short by his grandfather.

“Its okay, dear. Don’t worry too much“ Taehyung’s grandfather assured with a calm voice but by the look of his eyes, Taehyung knew he was anything but calm. He wasn’t even calm one bit. Taehyung’s grandmother turned off the television while his dad stood up, full-on guard mode as if he is trying to protect them from the worst.

“What’s wrong mommy? Why is everyone so worried?“ Taehyung asked, oblivious to everything.

“ Nothing, dear, everything is fine, Taehyungie.” his mother replied.

Taehyung has been a very observant child since the diaper days and Taehyung knew, by their actions, nothing is fine. His mom is as pale as a ghost but he decided not to push it any further. His mom carried him and walked towards the hallway entrance that leads to the front door. She leans against it while holding onto Taehyung for dear life. Taehyung took a peek of his grandfather taking a look outside through the peep hole when suddenly his grandfather yelled.

“EVERYONE, GET DOWN!!!”

And as if on cue, the door burst open and his mom had just enough time to protect him by covering his head with her left arm. When Taehyung’s head was finally free, his grandfather which is opposite him and his parents.

"What? No greeting? Now, now is that how you Kim family treat a guest? I'm dissapointed...". A deep, dark voice spoke filling up the queit atmosphere. By the sound of his voice, Taehyung knew this guy is bad news.

"You need to go now!" Taehyung's father whisper-shouted to Taehyung and his mom.

"What? no way!" she whispered back.

"Its the only way to keep our son safe"

"No, I am not leaving all of you here! I'll hide Taehyungie somewhere safe-"

"No, honey, please... please..."

This is the first time Taehyung ever saw his father beg with a voice he never knew his father had. It took a few seconds before Taehyung's mom nod her head and said "Okay...". Taehyung saw his grandmother took out her necklace from her pocket and toss it to his mom and she said "You know what to do..."

Taehyung's mom and grandmother both nod as a signal of a silent agreement and with a snap of his grandfather's finger, Taehyung and his mom are in his grandparents room. Taehyung's mom hid in the corner of the room with him as he heard screams from downstairs and he didn't need to be told who it belongs to.

"Mommy, I'm scared..." Taehyung whimpered as tears are b from his eyes.

"Its okay Taehyung, its okay, mommy is here" Taehyung yelped when he heard another scream.

"Taehyung, mommy needs you to do something. Will you do it for mommy?" she asked looking at her son. "Yes, mommy, of course I will do anything for you" he replied, lips quivering.

"Remember when Taehyung was little, Taehyung asked mommy about our neclaces and where you can get one?" Taehyung nodded. " Today is the day, Taehyung. you are getting four necklaces" she said with her hand in the air, four fingers pointing out.

" Really?" Taehyung said, eyes lighting up a little. Taehyung's mom smiled at her childish behavior as she knew this will be the last time seeing her one and only son. 

"Yes, Taehyungie, see?"

She took out four necklaces from her pocket. Two of them were the same symbols while the others are different. Each necklaces not only consist of a pendant with the symbol of an ability, but it also has a flat plate like one of those necklaces military soldiers wear. Each plate has a magical leather that is black in colour.

"Come here, Taehyungie. let mommy put it on for you"

Taehyung turn around and his mom clasp on the necklaces around his neck as fast as her trembling hands can go. "Taehyung-ah, mommy loves you, do you know that? Mommy loves you very much" Taehyung nodded and hugged her mother tightly. "God, there's not enough time, quickly! Hide in the closet" She walk towards the closet and open it, ushering her son to be quick.

1

Taehyung walked towards his mom, going into the closet. "Taehyung-ah, listen to me, do you remember all of the things Nanny Song thought you?" she asked hurriedly and he nodded.

2

"Good boy, now Taehyung, mommy wants you to use them. Whatever you do, do not let him get you. Got it?" Taehyung didn't want to question it any further so he just nodded his head furiously. She said another 'I love you' and with that being said, she closed the closet doors and went out of the room.

3

Everything was silent and Taehyung waste no time recalling back all of the lesson he had with Nanny Song.

Okay, what have I learn? What can I do to hide myself? Oh I know! Shadow camouflage!

He frantically looked around and he saw one of his grandfather's coat. He quickly, closed his eyes and imagine the shadow, he thought how it would be like to be one with the shadow. Instanly, he felt his body being tugged softly. He opened his eyes and he tried looking at his own body only to see nothing. That is when he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter