The Truth

Making Promises and Being Promised
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N : ALL I CAN SAY IS HI, I UPDATED ;) *wink wonk* What is wrong with me? Pls ignore my stupidity and continue *swims away with my turtle friends*

 

 

Taehyung walked through a meadow of flowers. Different species of flowers surrounded him with colourful butterflies and dragonflies landing on every flower as if it is their most prized possessions. Taehyung kneeled down and examined the flowers with a small smile and a blue butterfly flew to his face and sat on his nose.

 

Taehyung giggled and used his right index finger to pick the butterfly up. The butterfly crawled onto his finger and stayed there, making Taehyung smiled fondly at it.

 

Taehyung looked up and admire the peaceful blue sky filled with clouds in all types of shapes and sizes. He closed his eyes and breathed in the fresh and cooling air and sighed happily. As if he felt no worries or burdens weighing his shoulders.

 

He opened his eyes and looked at the butterfly on his finger.

 

"Am I in heaven? Is this how heaven looks like?" Taehyung asked the butterfly.

 

"No, Taehyung. You're not in heaven", a melodic voice of a male behind him chuckled.

 

'Wait a minute. I know that voice...' Taehyung thought.

 

He turned around and his eyes widen.

 

"Mom, dad... Grandma, grandpapi... w-what are you d-doing here?" Taehyung stuttered in suprise.

 

"Why? You mean we can't visit our son or grandson?" His mom said with a fake sad face.

 

"No, no, no! I-it's just that... I'm... suprised", Taehyung mumbled awkwardly.

 

"We get it Taehyung-ah. It's been years since we were gone. You've grown a lot taller, more handsome, but you're still our baby", his mom said as she walked closer to him.

 

Taehyung stayed frozen in his spot. After years of not seeing his family anymore, there they were. His mother stopped infront of him and caressed his cheek and Taehyung leaned into the touch as tears started to slip out.

 

"Don't cry, dear", his grandma said while his mom wiped them away with her thumbs.

 

"It's just... I miss you. It's so hard without you guys", Taehyung broke down and his family hugged him making him cry harder.

 

He felt complete, safe and protected in his family's embrace. As if there weren't anyone coming for him, hunting him down. Their touches were warm, as if they were still alive. But, Taehyung isn't dumb. He knows that this is all a dream. But, he was glad.

 

He looked up at his family with tear stained cheeks and asked, "Where am I?"

 

"You fainted just now, Taehyungie. You're resting. Dreaming right now. Look", his grandma said when an image suddenly appeared infront of him. He was on a bed in the Health Room sleeping. He saw his friends in the same room as well. Nanny Song was asleep on a singular couch. Seokjin, Jimin and Hoseok were sleeping on a long sofa. Meanwhile, Namjoon and Yoongi were sitting by a table, whispering among each other.

 

Taehyung adverted his gaze to his own sleeping figure and saw Jungkook by his bedside. He felt his left hand in Jungkook's as the ravenetted caressed his hand softly under the blanket while he whispers some incoherent stuff. Jungkook swiped off the bangs that were covering his sleeping face and sighed softly before Taehyung felt him lacing his fingers with his own.

 

Taehyung blushed at the image that was currently playing in the real world. His face heated up and, he swore, he saw his family smirking teasingly at him.

 

"You like him, don't you?" His grandpapi said with his eyebrow raised and a teasing smile.

 

"What? No! N-no, o-of course not", Taehyung denied but failed horribly, making his family laugh and he hid his burning face in his hands.

 

"Stop lying, Taehyung-ah. I see that look on your face. We support you all the way. Fighting!" His mom said playfully and Taehyung whined.

"This is the first time we are seeing each other after years and you guys are already being mean to me", Taehyung pouted.

 

"Well, changing the topic, what you did out there, was amazing Taehyung-ah. I see you put the Stygian dagger I gave you to good use", his grandpapi said as he ruffled his grandson's hair and Taehyung smiled widely in response.

 

"I'm so proud of you, Taehyung-ah. You are going to be an amazing person, one day", his grandma said as she patted her head and Taehyung smiled.

 

"Just like you guys", Taehyung ended proudly and his family chuckled.

 

"Well, it's time for us to go now. They must be really worried. Take care of your health, Taehyungie", his mom said as their figure started to fade slowly.

 

Taehyung nodded as a tear slipped out. He watch as his family slowly disappeared, when suddenly, he remembered something.

 

"Wait! Can I tell them the truth? Do I have to move to another college again?" Taehyung asked frantically.

 

"Just tell them, Taehyung-ah. We won't blame you. And no, you don't have to change another college again. Because, we have a feeling, you are meant to be here", his dad said with a smile. Taehyung saw the smile disappearing along with their figure. The scenery of the meadow and the blue sky started to fade away as well and Taehyung's sight was met with a white blinding light.

 

》》》》》》》

 

Jungkook decided on taking a short nap while waiting for Taehyung to wake up. He squeezed the brunette's hands that were covered by the blanket but he got no response and Jungkook just sighed.

 

He regretted grabbing Taehyung by the collar, he regretted yelling at him and he regretted cursing at him.

 

As he was starting to doze off and enter Dreamland, a pained groaned disturbed his peace. He looked up with his droopy eyes and felt Taehyung squeezing his hand back. Taehyung slowly opened his eyes and made eye contact with Jungkook.

 

Jungkook's eyes widen at the sight of Taehyung waking up and stood up from his seat.

 

"Taehyung?! You're awake. Oh my god...", Jungkook exclaimed, causing Yoongi and Namjoon to turn while the others woke up out of shock.

 

"What?" Jimin asked groggily as he rubbed the sleep away from his eyes. When he saw Taehyung trying to sit up, his eyes widen and jumped from the couch.

 

"Tae!"

 

He quickly helped Taehyung to sit up while the others came rushing towrds him.

 

"Tae? Taehyung? Are you okay?" Seokjin asked worriedly as his motherly characteristics starting to show.

 

"I'm fine, Seokjin hyung. Can I have some water?" Taehyung requested dryly as his mouth and throat felt nothing but sand and dirt.

 

Hoseok poured a cup of water and added a straw in it to make it easier for Taehyung to drink before handing it to the latter, "Here. Drink slowly".

 

Jungkook took the cup from Hoseok's hands and brought the straw near Taehyung's mouth. Taehyung blushed as he took the straw into his mouth and drank it. As the cooling sensation covered his dry mouth and throat, he sighed silently at the cooling pleasure.

 

Once he was done, he thanked, both, Jungkook and Hoseok, "Thanks".

 

It was silent for awhile. No one knew if they should say anything or what should they say. The deafening silence was soon shattered by Jungkook.

 

"How do you feel?" He asked softly, his hands still gripping Taehyung's. Taehyung blushed and cleared his throat with a fake cough.

 

"I, uh, I'm fine. Don't worry. Better than before", Taehyung assured softly with a smile.

 

And Jungkook was amazed how Taehyung w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter