A fresh start and a new friend

Making Promises and Being Promised
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Junmyeon was done loading Taehyung's belongings into the car, Taehyung gave Nanny Song one last hug as a goodbye.

"Bye Nanny Song. I promise I will drop by to visit whenever I have the chance" he said while holding Nanny Song's hands.

"Aww, okay Tae. But, I'm afraid that your room might turn into Soonshim's wasteland if you know what I mean..." she replied while trailing off at the end.

"Yah! Don't you dare"

"Okay! I won't! Now hurry your up or you're gonna be late"

Taehyung gave one last look at Nanny Song. He is gonna miss her lame and dumb jokes as well as her fail attempts when making a spell or potion which makes the basement goes ka-boom and her face all black. He is gonna miss how she cooks for him everyday and how she trained him for twelve years. Its gonna be tough in collage without her.

"Bye Nanny Song"

"Bye Taehyung-ah"

And with that, he got into the car and he was off.

After a few minutes of rethinking about his life choices, he remembered about the envelope from his parents. He gave the envelope a good long state, contemplating whether he should open it or not but came ttona conclusion that he is gonna open it anyways. To be honest, he is just not ready. Like, its been twelve years since the death of his family and oh of nowhere, in came a letter from them.

He untangled the strings from its place with trembling hands and stomach churning from too.much anxiety. He reach in to find a handwritten letter.

Dear Taehyungie,

If you're reading this, we're gone by now. We're so sorry that we have to leave you like this. We're sorry that we can't give you a proper childhood life. We're sorry that we can't give you a perfect family. We're sorry we can't give you a perfect memory of your childhood but we want you to know that we will always love you.

The reason why we wrote this letter is to let you know that if you're in need to use your abilities , then it's okay. Just use them. Don't be scared. Now, please keep in mind that as a prince, you need to keep your emotions stabalize. As you should know by now that prince and princesses tend to change their eye colour once they are out of control. Once their eye colour changes,it is almost impossible to stop them. We're afraid that this will happen to you and it will be hard for you to go through your life.

Now, every abilities has one similarity which is limits. Your granpapi made a wild conclusion that once you reach your limits, your body will start to smoke. But we're not even sure ourselves so if you start to feel an uncomfortable feeling, slow down. Don't overwork yourself. We love you Taehyung, never forget that. And every step and choice you make, we will always be there for you and support you. We know you can do it. Fighting!!!

Love,

Your family~xoxo

P.s. : We made you a gift as a memory of us. We hope you like it <3

 

 

Taehyung suddenly felt something warm and wet rolling down his cheeks and at that moment he just realized that he was crying. He wipe the tears away furiously as he fold the letter back. His family are then most caring family in the whole world if Taehyung were to say so for himself. They thought about his future beforehand and Taehyung thought they just left him like that with Nanny Song but he guess they proved him wrong.

He open the envelope again and reach in to pull out what felt like a rope. He examine it closely and realized that it was actually a black tiger tooth necklace. The top of the black tooth  was wrapped with a vine as a string to wear around his neck. If Taehyung is crying right now, then he must be breaking down right now when he realized that the tooth has his initials on it.

He thought back of the memories when his dad brought him hunting and they would always come across with a tiger which Taehyung's dad took care of it in under five minutes and ever since then, Taehyung idolize his dad. His dad could shoot an arrow with taking more than five seconds to aim and he would hit a bullseye.

He wore the necklace around his neck and muttered softly. "I don't like it..." he kept the letter in his bag as he gaze outside through the window. "I love it" and with that, he smiled.

 

*****

 

Minutes seem to flew by like seconds when Junmyeon snapped him out from his thoughts.

"We're here kiddo"

Taehyung grab his bag and got out, the shoulder strap slug on his shoulder.

Taehyung look up to see a gigantic building. If Taehyung were to describe the building with word, it would be amazing. The roof is shaped like a dome while the building seem to be build out of a bunch of random blue 3 dimensional shapes but somehow it seems perfect and for some reason it looks like its glowing. Now, Taehyung couldn't wait to start his first day.

And, yes. Taehyung is a nerd.

Cheers to him.

He may have the brains of a nerd but he sure he'll doesn't look like one.

Taehyung doesn't know how long he has been staring but he was sure it was long enough because when he turn around, Junmyeon was already done unloadinghis belongings.

Taehyung must'be been easy to read because Junmyeon gave him an amused smile and said "I know. Incredible, isn't it? Well, wait till you see inside"

They walk in with Junmyeon carrying all five bags.

God, I'm jealous of his strength.

As they walk in, Taehyung was met with a beautiful scenery. The halls were enormous as the floor is made out with marble while the wall is beige in colour but somehow shining. At the centre was a giant fountain that gives out a calm vibe to the atmosphere. The walls were filled with bulletin boards with current events going on. There were some students hanging around while messing with their ability while some were giving Taehyung warm smiles in which Taehyung return it with a soft smile. That was the least he could do for making him feel welcome instead of judging him like he has a third eye or something like that. That was how his last collage treated him.

Junmyeon led him to the office and, man, can Taehyung say that it is quiet as hell.

"Okay kid. I'm gonna get your room key while you go register yourself at that counter over there" Junmyeon whispered while pointing at one of the counter. Taehyung nodded and Junmyeon head off to another counter.

He head to the table hesitantly and stuttered due to nervousness. "U-uhm... ex-excuse me?"

The woman looked up and greeted him. "Oh, good morning. How may I help you?"

"Uhm... My name is Kim Taehyung. And uh... I'm new here"

She rummage through a mountain of paper and files -Taehyung wonders how she survives- and pulled out a blue file. She opens it and pulls out a paper while clicking some stuff in her computer.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter