Moments

Making Promises and Being Promised
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Watching your boyfriend fall, approximately 12 feet from the air to the ground was definitely not on Jungkook's wish-list. And it never will be there.

 

"Taehyung!" Jungkook yelled as he ran, hoping to catch him before he falls and hit the ground.

 

And when Jungkook thought he was too late, Taehyung's body that was falling at the speed of light was now falling down slowly and gracefully, until he layed on the ground, unharmed.

 

"Tae!" Jungkook heard the others running as well. The Wind-Spirits disappeared as soon as the trail of smoke entered Taehyung's mouth. They were glad, of course, but seeing Taehyung fall infront of their eyes will probably haunt them forever.

 

"How... How did he-" Jungkook was left speechless. Who saved Taehyung's fall? He was sure as hell that it wasn't Nanny Song or Changsub nor his hyungs.

 

"Taehyung?!" Nanny Song came from behind and kneeled beside Taehyung. She looked at Jungkook, "How did... you save his fall?"

 

Jungkook shook his head, "That's the problem, it wasn't me".

 

"It was me".

 

They looked at Taehyung's shadow and almost screamed in shock. Because his shadow was literally having a verbal conversation with them in the form of Taehyung's shadow figure.

 

"V? How are you here? Why are you here?" Nanny Song asked, confused.

 

"I don't know either. I was trying to save Taehyung from that Wind-Spirit. And when he couldn't take it anymore, he just 'slipped'. Without me. I'm not in him anymore. He's alone in, wherever the hell he is right now".

 

"You're telling me, that you don't know where my best friend is?" Jimin asked, his voice trembling.

 

"Well, his body is here. His mind and soul? Well...", V ended his sentence uneasily, a hint of guilt in his voice.

 

"No, no, no..." Jimin paced around worriedly and Yoongi, instinctively, came to calm him down.

 

"Tae...?" Jungkook softly whispered to his boyfriend who has his eyes closed. Jungkook came closer and cupped his cheeks before placing a kiss on Taehyung's forehead.

 

"Please be okay... Please", Jungkook whispered before letting out a shaking sigh.

 

"Let's bring him to the Health Room", Changsub said quietly. Jungkook nodded at his suggestion and lifted Taehyung up, bridal style.

 


》》》》》》》

 


"So, I did a check up on him. He's breathing perfectly fine. He doesn't look injured internally. Just a few external injuries here and there. We could only depend on time and hope he wakes up soon", Changsub said while checking his clipboard every now and then.

 


"Thanks, Changsub hyung", Hoseok said with a sad smile.

 


"No problem. Taehyung is like my little brother, after all. If anything were to happen to him...", Changsub didn't dare to end his statement.

 


"Well, don't wear your self out. All of you need rest. We had a rough day today. Me and Jihyo are gonna go report this to the principal. Inform us if anything happens as soon as possible", Changsub set the clupboard down onto a counter. Him and Nanny Song took their bags and slung it over their shoulders.

 


"Of course", Namjoon nodded before thanking him again.

 


The room was silent after Changsub and Nanny Song went out of the room. It was so silent, the only sound that could be heard was the second hand of the wall clock ticking away.

 


"Taehyung will be fine... Right?" Seokjin asked softly, looking fown at Taehyung who was now laying on a bed. Looking ever so peaceful.

 


"He will... I'm sure of it", Jungkook's voice sounded convinced but he wasn't even sure himself. He wouldn't want to think what will he do if Taehyung won't wake up. The Wind-Spirit is still inside his boyfriend and it could take hours, maybe even days, before the Wind-Spirit got tired of Taehyung's body.

 


That was when they heard a small whimper coming from the unconcious brunette's mouth. That small but hearable whimper made everyone whipped their heads towards the unconcious brunette.

 


"Taehyung?" Yoongi whispered as he walked towards Taehyung's bed in a quick pace.

 


"Tae? Are you awake?" Jungkook whispered softly and worriedly. He took ahold of Taehyung's left hand and gripped it tightly, as if his life depended on it.

 


A tear escaped Taehyung's eye and Jungkook wiped it away with his thumb, "It's just a nightmare, baby. It's okay. Calm down..." Jungkook whispered softly and soothingly, trying to stop the tears escaping from Taehyung's eyes.

 


Jimin had to look away from the scene before him as the sight of his best friend suffering hurted him badly. And the fact that he couldn't do anything to help Taehyung hurted him even more.

 


Yoongi patted his back and asked softly, "Do you wanna go out for a bit?"

 


Jimin nodded and the both of them walked out of the room.

 


Jimin let out a shaky sigh before he slid down against the wall and sat on the floor. Yoongi squated beside him and raked his mint hair with his right hand.

 


It was silent between both males as they don't know what to say.

 


"I'm sorry... I just- I can't stand the sight of my best friend being helpless", Jimin hung his head low.

 


"It's okay, I get it".

 


"Jungkook must feel like right now. His other half is unconcious, and there is no accurate estimation on when Tae will wake up. We can only hope on time", Jimin sighed into his hands and rubbed his face.

 


"Let's stop being depressed and be optimistic. That's the only way we can help Tae right now", Yoongi reasoned with Jimin and, somehow, Jimin felt soothed by Yoongi's words.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter