Epilogue

Nae Idol

The two years of Yoongi's enlistment dragged endlessly for Seung Hee, stretching in front of her like a long dark tunnel with no end in sight.

Seung Hee was twenty years old by the time the end came. Two years is not a short time, especially if you miss someone so much it's like a constant ache. But, just like all things come to an end, the two years came to an end too.

Namjoon, who had a successful solo career as a rapper, had called her and told her that he and the other guys would be waiting for Yoongi, and she was welcome to join them. She had immediately accepted, and the two weeks that followed had her in a state of constant excitment but also a certain hesitation.

In those two years, Yoongi had been calling her whenever it was possible, but he never came to Seoul when he was on military leave and her visits to him had been short and few. She knew it was stupid but... a small part of her wondered whether Yoongi would still like her – she had grown up and definitely wasn't the same person he had married nearly three years ago.

Geez... three years of marriage. Seung Hee could hardly believe it. And yet, it didn't feel like three years at all, they had done nothing to mark the occasion of their third wedding anniversary besides a phone call, he had just been too busy in the army.

Three years of marriage, but also three years since Grandfather's death. He had died on the morning of her wedding, and that day brought mixed feelings to Seung Hee. She had actually forgotten that it was her first wedding anniversary, all she could think of that day was Grandfather.

Seung Hee found herself doing what she hadn't done for two years – she went through all the clothes in her wardrobe, holding them up and seeing which one would look the nicest. Wait no, which one Yoongi would like – she was back to wanting to look pretty for Yoongi.

"You'll always be beautiful to me. But I will always prefer the girl in a hoodie."

Would Yoongi still find her pretty in his oversize hoodie? Seung Hee dug to the bottom of her wardrobe, pulling out the dark purple hoodie Yongi had given her for her eighteenth birthday – the day they had also had their first kiss.

She hid a smile and laid the hoodie over the chair, ready for the day after tomorrow.

It semed that the closer the clock ticked to the time of Yoongi's arrival, the faster Seung Hee's heart beat.

The morning he was arriving, she couldn't even eat a thing and reached the meeting place an hour early, anxiously checking the time on her phone to see if she was late or not. She even called Yoongi to find out where he was but his phone was, as usual, switched off.

Finally, Taehyung and Namjoon turned up.

"Seung Hee!" cried Taehyung joyfully. "Oh my gosh, it's been ages! Woah, you got prettier!"
"You got handsomer!" cried Seung Hee, grinning. "Your new job looks like it's going well."
Taehyung was a commenter on reality TV shows, his favourite shows being the type like "We Got Married" even though he did nothing but complain over how cheesy the couples were. Now, he was broadening to other shows as a comedian too.

Namjoon gave Seung Hee a quick hug before Jimin turned up.

"Hey, guys," he said, giving everyone high-fives. "If anyone is late, I'll kill them – I have a rehearsal and-"
"Oooh, our Jimin is this famous musical actor now, isn't he?" cut in Taehyung. "This is, what? The second time you're the lead role in the production, right?"
Jimin ducked his head and nodded, slightly blushing. Taehyung was about to a bit when finally, Hoseok appeared with a cry of "HYUNG!" and knocking everyone over with a bear hug. "I'VE MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I THINK OF YOU WHEN I'M CHOREOGRAPHING DANCES?" He threw his arms around Seung Hee. "SEUNG HEE! YOU-"

"I was here too," said an irritated Seokjin, behind Hoseok. "But you hogged all the attention."
"Did not!"
"Did too! And shut up, don't talk back to your eldest like that."
Taehyung sniggered. "Ah, right, Mom."

Seokjin had appeared in all his glory, wearing pink from head to toe, his hair perfectly styled. He had become an actor and one of Korea's biggest models. He even modelled for foreign companies since he was, as Seokjin put it, "worldwide handsome."

Bantering and bashing was the norm whenever the boys got together, and this time was no different. Seung Hee grinned, listening to them argue – some things just never change.

After a while, Namjoon nudged her arm. "Hey, you all right?"
"Huh? Oh, I'm fine," said Seung Hee. "I'm just... waiting. By the way..." she said slowly. "Ha Na bought your solo album."
"She did?" Namjoon's expression was unreadable. "I didn't think... I thought she was a fan of BTS, and not-"
"You know that's not true," said Seung Hee. "Watch out for her in your upcoming concert, she got front-row tickets."
Namjoon smiled slightly. "I'll look out for her."
Despite his words, Namjoon had already noticed her at concerts. Among the sea of faces, there was one that always stood out – there was one face that was always there, watching from her place. And he stayed in his place – up on stage, out of her reach, like a star.

"You know..." said Namjoon softly. "I've been thinking... you know that whole fuss about stars? About how high they are, how brightly they shine, how they are always out of reach? Well... what if stars shine because people make them shine? I'm pretty sure... if no one was there to look or treat them as unreachable things, the stars wouldn't seem to shine so brightly."
"What?" said Su Ji, distracted by Seokjin and Hoseok's aegyeo battle.

"Never mind," said Namjoon, patting her shoulder. "It wasn't important anyway."

Seung Hee wasn't in the mood for one of Namjoon's intellectual talks, and hopped about impatienty, waiting for Yoongi.

After what seemed like forever, a bus stopped in front of them. She gave a small scream when she spotted a familiar face with short hair wave at them all, grinning from ear to ear as he got off the bus.

"YOONGI!" the boys all yelled, rushing to him and knocking him over with hugs and slaps and pushes.

Seung Hee stayed at the back, watching their reunion, her heart about to burst with the satisfaction of seeing him again. He was thinner than before, but otherwise he still looked like the same old Yoongi.

Yoongi's eyes met hers, and they just stared at each other while the boys kept clinging to him.Until finally, Yoongi pushed them away and he was at her side, his arms going around her waist and pulling her close. Seung Hee finally felt that familiar warmth and comfort that his embrace provided, and she pressed her face against his chest.

"I missed you," she mumbled.

Yoongi pressed his lips against the top of her head. "I missed you too. Come on, let me see your face..."
Seung Hee raised her head, her eyes swimming with tears and she gave a shaky smile.

Yoongi's face was so, so soft and tender as he traced a finger over her cheek. "You look even more beautiful than the last time I saw you."

Seung Hee's face heated up and he laughed loudly, loving that he could still make her blush. "Aw, you're still like a kid!"
"Shut up," she murmured, standing on tiptoe and pressing her lips against his. She felt his lips turn up in a smile against hers as he kissed her, holding her closely and tightly and Seung Hee wanted him to never stop.

"Cheesy cheesy cheesy," muttered Taehyung, and Hoseok sighed. "Ahh, it's good to see them again."

"We shouldn't be here," said Jimin. "Like LOOK! They're gonna get gross and I don't wanna see that. Plus I have a rehearsal so I'll see you guys later on. We're having dinner later right?"
Jimin grabbed the others and after hurried goodbyes Seung Hee and Yoongi were alone.

Seung Hee clung to him like a koala, refusing to let go. She needed to feel him beside her.

Yoongi felt the same; he kept her glued to his side as they made their way back to the apartment.

Seung Hee had kept it clean for two years, and once in a while, when she missed him too much, she would go over and stay for a while.

There was a meal she had made the previous day in the fridge, and she just had to heat it up.

"But before that," said Yoongi, pulling her away from the direction of the kitchen. "I have to talk to you about something."

He made her sit down on the couch, but he did not sit next to her – he was in front of her, kneeling and holding her hands tightly.

"Seung Hee..." he said slowly. "Let's get our divorce papers processed."
"W-what?" stammered Seung Hee, her stomach dropping. She must have misheard...

"Let's get a divorce," he said earnestly. What the... how could he look so happy right now? "It's for the best. I know... that you feel sad every time our wedding anniversary comes around, because that was the day Grandfather died too. I don't want our wedding anniversary and Grandfather's death anniversary to be on the same day. And also... that wasn't a real wedding: we were both forced into it, we were so unhappy on that day. I think...it's not right to think of it as a wedding day."
He smiled, and Seung Hee wanted to say something – that it was ok, they didn't have to break up just for that – but Yoongi beat her to it.

"Which is why..." he said. "I think we should have a real wedding. A real wedding, where we both will be happy. Seung Hee... three years ago, I married you because I had to. Now, I am asking you not because I have to, but because I want to: will you marry me? And this time, it's for real."
Seung Hee blinked back her tears. "Yoongi..."
"I love you, Seung Hee."
She bit her lips and nodded. "I love you, too." She laughed. "And yes! Gods, yes! I was about to beat you up because I thought you really wanted to break up, but-"
Yoongi leaned forward to kiss her. "Please, I will stay with you forever and if I die first I will haunt you."
She giggled and he kissed the corner of , getting up slightly and pressing her into the couch, but careful not to squash her with his entire body weight. He kissed her eyelids, her nose, her cheeks, her jawline, her neck, her lips; Seung Hee's fingers were curled tightly in the fabric of his T-shirt and she tingled and felt warm all over, pulling Yoongi closer to her even though there was not even half a centimeter between them.

"Thank you," she whispered softly.

Yoongi just kissed her.

Now I never have to feel ripped in two on that day; I don't have to feel guilty about not being happy on my so-called wedding day anymore.

"We'll get the papers processed tomorrow," said Yoongi, against her neck. "And then... our real marriage."

"Wait," said Seung Hee. "What are you going to do now? Like, you're out of the army and-"
"K Entertainment called me back," said Yoongi. "They called the others, too. And Jungkook will be coming back next week."
"Does that mean-"
"Who knows," he said. "Maybe, if things work out, we can be a group again. If not, I'll work there as a producer. So you don't have to worry about me, I'll still be around music."
"I'm glad," she said. "Really, I'm glad."

"Shut up so I can kiss you properly," he grumbled. "We have forever to talk."
"We have forever for everything," pointed out Seung Hee, dodging a kiss and smiling mischieviously.

"Just shhhh!"

She dodged another kiss and he whined. "Seung Heeee~"

"Aw, don't cry!" She pecked his lips. "Better?"
"A bit," he said sulkily.

"You're an idiot."
"But so are you."
The two hours they spent together before meeting the other boys passed by like two minutes. Two years is quite a bit to make up for and catch up on; except there really was no rush. They had forever, after all.


A/N: And this is really the OFFICIAL END ^^

To those of you who made it this far, THANK YOU for reading. I really loved writing this!!!

If you have a moment to spare and liked what you read, an upvote would be well-appreciated!! Goodbye and once again, thank you for reading ^^