Chapter Thirty

Nae Idol

When the other member fell to the floor to rest after four hours of intense choreo training –Jungkook had even fallen asleep – Yoongi took his phone and pressed Seung Hee's number furiously.

Who's 'kiddo?'” asked Taehyung, looking over his shoulder. “I mean, seriously, whose number would you save like that?”

It's his wife,” said Namjoon wickedly, and Yoongi sent him a death-glare as he said, “They kissed last night.”

The other members' jaws fell open and they all yelled – except for the sleeping Jungkook, “YOU'RE JOKING!!”
“Nope,” said Namjoon, grinning. “He told me last night – that him and Seung Hee decided to legalize their marriage.”
“So they're officially together?” said Hoseok incredulously.

Yup – but she kicked him out to the dorm last night.”

Fortunately for Namjoon, Seung Hee picked up. “Y-Yoongi?”

Her voice was so cute. Another voice, this one not very cute, screamed with laughter – the really insane type and Yoongi was suddenly worried.

Yah, what's that?”

Ha Na!” said Seung Hee, laughing.

You dumb kid!” yelled Yoongi. “Ha Na, Ha Na, Ha Na, is that it? She's been with you since nine in the morning! Every time I called you today, it's always Ha Na! What about me?

What about you? She's my best friend and don't come home because she's going to sleep over.”

WHAT?! You can't do that, it's my house!”

He could almost see her grinning mischievously when she said, “You told me I don't have to ask for permission anymore, ha!”

Not about this kind of thing – it's my house!”

Ok, then,” she said. “Can Ha Na stay over? Please please please?”

Yah-”

Puh-leaze? Come on, say yes!”

Yoongi glared at the phone in frustration – as though he could send his glare to Seung Hee. Because how was he supposed to say no to her when she asked so cutely?

Fine...”

Yay!” she cried.

But,” said Yoongi hurriedly. “You have to do something for me in return.”

Ok!” she agreed enthusiastically. “What is it? Tell me.”

Nope, only when the time comes.”

You meanie! Now I'll think about it all the time!”

That's good,” said Yoongi. “As long as you think only about me, that's good.”

Ew, so cheesy – yah, Ha Na, wait up!”

He winced – why did she shout like that right into the phone?

Yoongi, bye!” she said urgently and cut the connection.

Yoongi was speechless…. What nerve. First she kicked him out of his own house and now she hung up on him? Especially after what happened last night. Yoongi had imagined that they would spend hours on the phone, that she would be excited for the time when he went home – he had never though she would prefer the company of her friend than him.

You don't look very happy,” said Jimin. “Please don't take out your frustrations on me.”

What happened?” asked Seokjin.

Yoongi finally found his voice. “That kid! That kid is invading my house and she's bringing another kid for a sleepover!”

Is it Choi Ha Na?” asked Namjoon, trying to sound casual but fooling no one.

It is – why are you so interested?”

He shrugged. “Nothing, just wondering – hey, how about we pay them a surprise visit?”

Why should we?” demanded Yoongi. “It's just two stupid kids doing a stupid sleepover.”

You sound really jealous,” said Namjoon. “Come on, it'll be fun.”

But I wanna sleep,” protested Taehyung. “No offense, but-”

You're not coming,” said Namjoon, and Taehyung started mumbling something about how no one liked him, but naturally no one paid any attention to him.

Yoongi and I will go,” announced Namjoon. “Don't look at me like that, Yoongi – we have to go see if they destroyed the place or not.”

Can I come?” asked Hoseok. “I really like those girls.”

Next time,” said Yoongi. Then, to Namjoon, he said, “You're really going to pay for this.”

Namjoon just smiled. “You know that you're actually very grateful towards me, right? Aish, you only got together last night and you're already going crazy.

No one noticed the quiet Jungkook, pretending to be asleep.

 

* * * *

 

“Are you sure we can do this?” asked Ha Na. The two girls were back in Yoongi's place after a whirling day of the cinema, the shopping mall, eating out, and a failed attempt at trying to find Lee Min Ho.

Now, Seung Hee was taking out two cans of beer – Yoongi won't notice, right? - out of the fridge.

It's ok,” she said. “It's just beer, after all.”

They opened the cans, cracking lame jokes and acting like total idiots – just the usual things best friends did.

At some point, they even decided to write a list of things they would some day do with their boyfriend.

In your case, husband,” Ha Na pointed out. “You should really-”
“We got together last night!” cried Seung Hee.

WHAT?! Why didn't you tell me earlier?”
“I forgot...”

How could you forget that? Tell me every single little detail!”

Ha Na was mush by the time Seung Hee told her what had happened.

That is so cute,” she said. “I'm so happy for you.”
“Ha Na, can you stop that thing you always do?”

Huh?”

You know, get a boyfriend and then dump him? Please, because-”

I'm stopping,” said Ha Na. “Actually, I forgot to tell you something, too.”

What is it?”

You know, Namjoon is like, well, a boyfriend-”

What? Wait, Namjoon, you mean Rap Monster?”

Yeah – so what happened was-”

Ha Na was about to explain when they were interrupted.

What the hell!” That, of course, was Yoongi.

Hiya, girls!” greeted Namjoon cheerfully while Yoongi looked around with horror; empty packets of Lays and Oreos, an empty box of fried chicken, pillows and clothes littering the floor. Then he spotted the beer.

Are you two drinking?” he demanded.

It's just beer,” said Ha Na.

Yoongi marched over and snatched the half-empty cans away.

You two are still underage,” he scolded. “And more importantly, you can't just take my stuff like that – you greedy pigs...”

Oh, please.” Namjoon rolled his eyes. “As if you didn't drink when you were that age. And it's just beer, so don't be such a party-pooper.”

With that, Namjoon took the cans back and returned them. They thanked him and he said, “Still, you shouldn’t really drink at this age – don't let me catch either of you drinking soju.”

At Ha Na's mischievous yet slightly sheepish expression, Namjoon exploded, “What? You drank soju?”

Aish, it was just once-”

Yah!”

Don't nag!”

He nags all the time,” said Yoongi. Then he spotted the lists.

What is that?” he asked, pointing to the papers on the coffee table.

Seung Hee shrugged, trying to not make it a big deal – that way, he wouldn't get curious – but Ha Na ruined it all.

Lists,” she said. “We made lists of what were going to do with our boyfriends some day – except Seung Hee is already married. Oh, and I heard that you got together last night. Congratulations! But if you're mean to her I'll beat you up.”

All right,” said Yoongi while Namjoon sniggered. “Gosh, what a gangster.”

He grabbed Seung Hee's paper.

Give it back!” she cried, trying to take it back but he held it out of reach.

He'll make me breakfast in bed one day,” he read. ”Wear matching clothes. Hey, listen to this, Namjoon-”

YAH!”

All of a sudden, Seung Hee jumped up and managed to grab the paper away just as he read, “Sleep-” and she covered his mouth with her hand.

She chuckled nervously. “I didn't write anything like that...”

Yoongi opened his mouth. “Yes you did! Anyway, I want you to sleep in my arms, too!”

Seung Hee plastered his mouth shut again. “He's lying – I never wrote that.”

Luckily, Namjoon wasn't paying attention – he was too busy trying to read Ha Na's paper, and she finally folded it up and put it in her pocket.

Are you sleeping over?” he asked.

Ha Na nodded.

Did you bring a sleeping bag?”

No need,” said Ha Na with a sly smile, glancing at Yoongi. “Not with a king-size bed here.”
“MY BED?” yelled
Yoongi, struggling out of Seung Hee's grasp. “You two are going to use MY BED?!”

I've already slept in it loads of times,” said Seung Hee.

Yeah, but only with me there, too.”

Yah!” Seung Hee covered his mouth again. “Stop talking like that! People might misunderstand!”

From the sudden glint in his eyes, Seung Hee realized that was exactly what he wanted. Aish, that idiot...

 

* * * *

 

Seung Hee said goodbye to Ha Na rather dolefully the next morning. It would be the last time they would see each other for a month, since Ha Na was going to Busan. Seung Hee cleaned up before Yoongi could come back and threaten to send her to an orphanage – what an idiot he was, she was too old to go to an orphanage. And he wouldn't anyway, especially after what had happened on her birthday.

The only thing was, Ha Na had told her to be careful. Ha Na had explained that older guys were dangerous because they only had one thing in their mind.

Of course,” she had added. “Guys at all ages are obsessed about it, but at his age… well, be careful, ok?”

And Ha Na had explained more than Seung Hee cared to know and left her creeped out all night.

Even now, she was beginning to get a little creeped out – Ha Na had depicted guys Yoongi's age as wolves and erts. And she should know – Ha Na knew everything about things like this. And she had never been wrong before. But still, Yoongi wasn't like that. He was different.

Like magic, the code to the flat was entered and Yoongi came in. “Yah, I'm home!”

Oh, you're here...” said Seung Hee nervously, chewing her lower lip.

What the heck?” said Yoongi, puzzled. “You seem scared – did you see a spider? I'll go kill it so tell me where it is.”

She shook her head quickly. “No spider. Um… why are you here?”

You sound as though you're kicking me out.”

He took a step forward and Seung Hee automatically took a step back. He frowned. “What's the matter with you?”

N-nothing….” she stuttered as he backed her against the wall.

Something happened,” he insisted.

He tried to touch her face but she covered it with her hands and cried, “No!”

What's gotten into you-”

I know everything,” she babbled. “I know exactly what you want to do to me and it's so selfish of you and-”

What I want to do to you?” he echoed. “Oh, there are a lot of things. Let's-”

Go away! Guys your age are dangerous!”

Yoongi raised his eyebrows. “I think I'm starting to understand,” he said, and the corners of his mouth twitched. “Who told you all of this?”

Ha Na.”

I should have known.” He rolled his eyes. “Yah, does Ha Na know everything? Does she know what goes on in a guy's head?”

She does and she told me everything and-”

Maybe she's right,” he said thoughtfully.

Huh?”

Maybe guys my age are dangerous. Think about it, I've got you trapped in here-”

Yah!”

- and you can't run. There's nowhere to run to.”

Yoongi raised his hand again and she shut her eyes and filled her lungs with air to scream, only to feel a gentle pat on the head. She opened her eyes cautiously; he was watching her, amused.

You dumb kid,” he said. “Aish, you are really too cute.”

He went into the kitchen and Seung Hee swore that she heard a soft laugh.

Yoongi came back out with a glass of milk and a plate of Oreos. Without looking at her, he sat at the table and dipped one in, then ate.

Seung Hee inched forward and he turned to her. “I knew it – this was bait.”

What?”

Never mind – just know that because you are a dumb kid, you are very easy to predict.”

And that was when Seung Hee dismissed everything Ha Na had ever told her about guys - “Don't let them think you're easy!” - because Yoongi really was nothing Ha Na had ever experienced. So that meant that Yoongi was not dangerous after all – but he was still unpredictable.

Even though she wasn't afraid of him, she didn't even think about sharing the cookies with him and was on her way to get some of her own when Yoongi called, “Yah, where are you going?”
”Um, I'm going to get Oreos and-”

Come here.”

But I want some, too.”

I took these for you. Why do you treat me like a stranger now?”

I just,” she muttered. “I know my boundaries.”

You have no boundaries when it comes to me,” said Yoongi. “I told you, you don't need to ask permission about anything regarding me – you may share food with me, touch me, even hit me without asking. Now come here.”

Obediently, Seung Hee went to stand next to him, and took the Oreo he held out.

Let's go somewhere,” he said suddenly.

Where do you want to go?” she asked, eating.

Japan, Indonesia, Italy – where do you want to go?”

Anywhere. I've never gone out of Korea.”

One day, I'll take you,” he promised. “We'll go wherever you want.”

Seung Hee's heart began to thump irregularly all of a sudden. She forced herself to meet his gaze and hold it – and that familiar heat began to crawl over her face.

Yoongi's eyes flickered, and something was about to happen – Seung Hee could feel it. He held out his hand, and she took it immediately.

Seung Hee,” he said. “I-”
And then the doorbell rang.

 

 

a/n: This can never be said enough: thank you all so much for subscribing, for reading, for voting, and for commenting!!! Every time I read a comment my day is made and I just want to update the next chapter!!! I was overwhelmed by the comments from the previous chapter (I have never gotten so many before!!) which is why I'm updating today - I was in fact planning to do it tomorrow. Really, thank you <3