Chapter Forty-seven

Nae Idol

Yoongi rolled his eyes. Stupid Seung Hee, she just wouldn't get up would she? Ok, it was pretty early in the morning - about 5 AM in fact – but he had warned her to sleep earlier the previous night but she had insisted on staying up late to finish her drama. And now she wouldn't get up. This meant they would be late and wouldn't be able to do everything he'd planned. After failing once more to wake her up, he grabbed a pair of her jeans and a T-shirt and just scooped her up in his arms bridal-style.

She mumbled "Nooooo" before her head fell against his chest and a little snore escaped her. He chuckled, holding her closely and carefully so as to not wake her. He placed her gently in the back of the car, fastening her seat belt securely and slipping a pillow under her head. He kissed her forehead quickly before getting in the driver's seat; there was a lot of road to cover today and he wanted to really spend time with her.

He didn't know whether this was being selfish or not. He didn't know if it would hurt her more, but he needed this one last day together, away from everything and everyone else.

She woke up after about an hour, rubbing her eyes and yawning.

"Hey there, Sleeping Beauty," said Yoongi with a grin. "Or should I say, Seeping Ugly?"
Seung Hee made a face at him and tried to flatten her hair. "You know my hair is like this every morning-"
He laughed. "I know, shut up. It's cute."

She shot him a suspicious glance; it wasn't like Yoongi to say things like cute – especially when it came to her – first thing in the morning.

"Do you realize that you're not in bed right now?" he asked, a slight smile playing about his lips.

"I do too!" she cried.

"Then why aren't you asking anything about where we're going, huh?"

"I don't know.... and I just woke up, so leave me alone!"
"Aw, don't be all grumpy, c'mon."
"I'm not grumpy, just leave me alone."

"I hate you."
"I hate you more."
He made a face at her which she immediately reciprocated before they laughed at the same time.

"There's food in the back," said Yoongi.

"Woah, I'm impressed – you actually came prepared for once!" said Seung Hee, searching through a large bag.

"I always come prepared, so I don't know what you're talking about."
She found the box of sandwhiches and was about to open it when she realized that they were travelling, and she was in her pyjamas - those horrible Hello Kitty pyjamas!

"Yoongi!" she shrieked. "How could you do this to me, huh?"
"Now what did I do?"
"You... because of you, who knows where I'll have to go in these awful pyjamas-"
"But you look so cute in them," cut in Yoongi. "Really, I love you in those pyjamas, you're so cute!"

"I don't care, you have weird tastes! But how can I even get out of the car in these?"
"You will get out, it's ok-"
"It is not ok!"
"Sheesh, calm down! I brought a change of clothes for you, just change into that and it's ok."
"You did?" She found her jeans and folded T-shirt.

"What did I tell you?"
"Ummm, thank you?"
He snorted. "Next time don't yell at me without knowing all the details."
She bit into a sandwhich to get out of that one, and he chuckled again.

"What's so funny?" she asked.

"You."

"Aish, just shut up and drive."
"Seung Hee?"
"What?"
"Feed me."
"No."
"Please?" He pouted.

"No!"

"But I'm really hungry and I can't feed myself, I'm driving and we shouldn't stop the car because then we'd be late and-"
"Shut up," she said, and ripped off a piece of her sandwhich and shoved it in his mouth.

"Too small," he complained, and she held out the entire thing for him to take a bite out of. He smiled in satisfaction; she took a bite, and then held it out for him.

"I like eating this way," he said, and her face heated up.

"How cute," said Yoongi. "It's so cute how you still blush and get shy and-"
She hit him lightly. "Stop it! Is that some new word you're obsessed with now?"
"What, 'cute?' Nah, I'm just obsessed with you."
He laughed as she went red again and muttered, "You weird cheeseball..."

They passed the three hour trip with bantering and Seung Hee taking picture after picture of Yoongi, who made faces and scowled on purpose ("Yah! Do you know how costly my face is?") before cranking up the music and singing along loudly and badly.

Finally, they stopped and Seung Hee demanded, "What is this place?"
Yoongi rolled his eyes. "It's a beach, idiot. See the sand and the water?"
She made a face and he ruffled her hair. "It's a great place," he said. "Hardly anyone knows about it – it's my secret place. I used to come here when I was a trainee."
Seung Hee wasn't in the mood for that kind of talk and tore out of the car. She ran down the sandy hill to the flat stretch of warm golden sand, kicking off her sneakers and peeling off her socks and feeling the sun-kissed warm grains against her bare feet. The green ocean rocked with gentle waves that rolled onto the sand like a caress, leaving a cool dampness on the sand before the next wave came by.

She let the waves come up to her feet, relishing their coolness and the whole change – after months of living in an apartment in Seoul, the air here seemed so clean and fresh.

Yoongi stood with his hands in his pockets, watching her laugh and skip in the shallow water. After a while, she looked back at him and her smile filled him with a kind of satisfaction – that's right, Seung Hee... you have to smile like this always....

She waved wildly and he shook his head slightly. He would just watch her play in the water, memorize every detail about her: the way her nose scrunched up adorably when she laughed, the way she blinked when she just woke up, the way her small hand fit in his, the way she snuggled up to him, the way her small form felt against him...

"Yoongi!" she yelled. "Yah you grandpa! Come here!"

"What do you want, kid?" he yelled back.

"Come here!"
"Sorry, I'm too old to play like a baby in the water-" His words were cut when there was a small splash of cold water that hit him right in the face.

Seung Hee giggled madly and Yoongi's eyes narrowed. "You..." he said, trying not to sound amused. "You little.... what did you just do to me huh?"

He advanced slowly and she screamed with laughter and went a little deeper, till the water was above her knees.

"I'll get you!" he cried, running after her. "If I catch you, watch out!"

She managed to keep out of his reach, constantly sticking out her tongue at him and calling him a "slow old grandpa!" He glared and stopped running to catch his breath.

"Aw you tired?" said Seung Hee, coming closer. "You should exercise more, you're so out of shape-"

Yoongi made a sudden lunge and managed to grab her. "What did you say?" he asked.

"You're out of shape!"
"I am not!"

"You are too!"
"Shut up!"
"You shut up!"

He wrapped his arm around her waist and tugged her down on the warm dry sand. "Enough splashing around and running, ok?"

"Don't tell me you want to sleep-"
Yoongi sat behind her and wrapped both arms around her tightly. "Let's just belike this for a while," he said softly, placing his cheek against hers.

She settled against his chest, loving his warmth and the way he held her so tightly. She never got enough of his hugs and kisses, something was missing if he wasn't holding her hand or something. They both knew she kicked in her sleep but every night he would hold her close, their legs tangled together, and sing softly in her ear until she fell asleep and he released her. But she always came to his side of the bed – even in sleep, she sought out his comfort, and every morning they would wake with their legs tangled again and her on top of him (this was a great source of entertainment to Yoongi, as he could often about drooling all over him).

"Sing for me?" she asked softly.

Yoongi had never sung to her in daylight. It was always at night, in the dark when she couldn't see his face. He blew out a puff of warm air against her, and after a moment's hesitation, his husky low voice sang softly. Seung Hee smied in contentment; Yoongi's ability to sing so beautifully was like a little secret he had confided in her, no one else knew it besides the other members. He only sang for her...

 

"Like there's no tomorrow,

Like there's no next time,

Everything that you've done in front of my eyes,

It's a complete darkness.

Say it like you mean it,

In the end, we can't make it.

Even so, I keep hoping

Even at the end, if you're with me, I'm ok.

Even if you already know,

We couldn't stop.

No way, no way, no way, falling...

As time passes by,

We only mess it up even more

No way, no way, it's collapsing agian...

A house made of cards, and us inside

Even if you say you see the end, even if you say it'll collapse soon-"

 

"Why do you sound so sad, Yoongi?" she asked softly.

"I'm not. It's the song..."

"Then sing something else... that song is sad..."

His husky voice was so close she could feel his breath against her neck.

 

"Without you I can't breathe,

I'm nothing without you,

Open my closed heart, drench my heart,

So I can feel you, hold me.

Your arms, your warmth, your heart-"

 

"Something else," murmured Seung Hee.

"What?"
"Something else, that one is sad too! Yah, I was cheerful before you dragged me down here, I'm going back in the water if you-"

"But what will happen if BTS rises?" Yoongi said in his funny voice.

Seung Hee yelled along with him, "BANG! TAN! SO! NYEON! DAN!"

She leapt up and pulled Yoongi with her, he hid a smile and danced with her, both of them yelling at the top of their lungs, "Jingyeokhae bang! Tan! Sonyeondan choreom!"

After that she demanded Baepsae and made him do his famous ending even though he hadn't lost at rock-paper-scissors.

"You do know you're the only person who gets to see this again right?" he demanded, shaking hisbutt while she laughed so hard her sides hurt.

"I'm very honored~" she sang out, before skipping away.

She sat down and began scooping sand together.

"What are you doing?" asked Yoongi, squatting beside her.

"Building a sandcastle."
"Stupid kid, You think you can build one without stuff like shovels and buckets and-"
"Well, someone didn't bring that stuff so I have to do my best right?"

"Ha! Let's see how far you get. If you build it, you can hit me. If not, I get to hit you."
"Deal. But I won't go easy on you," warned Seung Hee.

"Sure sure... just build the thing and we'll see."

Yoongi smiled smugly and laid back down on the sand, his sunglasses shielding his eyes so he could pretend to sleep but actually watch Seung Hee. How cute – she wasn't sure how to even build a sandcastle and eventually she looked back at him, biting her lip. He hid a chuckle, and just had to get up.

"Weren't you sleeping?" she asked, desperately trying to mould the sand.

He didn't reply; after making sure her hands were off the pile, he gave it a good kick and sand went flying all over the place.

"YAH!" yelled Seung Hee, pushing him. "What did you just do?"

"This is boring," said Yoongi. "You're ignoring me to make that stupid thing when we could do someething else instead."
"But-"
"Bet you can't catch me."
He stuck out his tongue and ran into the shallow water, looking very pleased with himself. After decideing he was still as much a psychopath as when she'd first met him, Seung Hee ran after him and they spent the rest of their time their doing what couples normally did: playing in the water, tracing hearts into the sand, cuddling, kissing, and arguing.

An alarm went off right when they were in the middle of a splashing battle and Yoongi yelled "Truce!"

Seung Hee splashed him one last time and he glared but couldn't splash back as she had scampered out.

"It's time to get ready to leave," he announced. "I set the alarm to-"
"Boo!" cried Seung Hee. "Let's stay here longer, Yoongi, please?"
Yoongi bit his lip. Aish, why was it so hard to say no to her? But this time, he really couldn't do as she wanted....

He shook his head. "No, we really have to go. I have to talk to you when we get home too."
"About what?"
He ruffled her hair. "I said at home, didn't you hear me?"
"Tell me now."
He got a towel from the bag on the ground and began rubbing her hair with it.

"I can do that-" she protested.

Yoongi gripped her shoulders. "Stay still. Let me."

Something in his tone made her fall silent.

When he was done, she took another towel and stood on tiptoes to dry his hair. He laughed and bent down slightly so she could reach easily.

After that, they held hands, swinging them enthousiastically as they went up the hill to the car.

The way back was similar to the first, bantering and singing obnoxiously but with less energy than before. Except neither of them were really tired – they were just contented and happy to be together.

Yoongi wanted to put off telling her till tomorrow, because he knew this contentment wouldn't last.

But the more he put it off, the more hurt she would be...but right now she was so happy...

Tomorrow. I promise I will tell you tomorrow morning.

They changed and tumbled into bed after eating a bit, holding each other tightly and falling asleep.

Yoongi woke up first, Seung Hee drooling on his chest as usual. But this time he didn't laugh – it just hurt.

He gently detached himself from her and quietly made breakfast. He won the argument with himself to call her mother, and she agreed to come in an hour.

Yoongi's hands shook and he bit his lip to keep from screaming, it hurt so much inside.

"Yoongi?" a sleepy voice called from the doorway.

There she was. Blinking adorably, messy hair, looking smaller in his hoodie.

He forced himself to keep it all in. "Hey, you're up!"

"What is this?"
"It's food. Go get ready so we can eat."

She nodded and Yoongi was grateful she left, his mask was slipping. The whole time she was getting ready, he fought to get a hold of himself.

When she appeared in the doorway again, he forced himself to smile. He forced himself to sit at the table, chew and swallow his food, as though he was ok and not breaking into a million pieces inside.

"Say it," said Seung Hee after a while.

"Huh?"
"I know you have something to say."
"Oh..."

"Yoongi..."
"I'm enlisting," he blurted out. "I'm joining the army."

 


I finally updated *cries* I'm really sorry it took so long, after school stopped I had a few personal problems. Thank you for reading after all this time, really!

The songs Yoongi sang were 'House of Cards,' 'Hold Me Tight' and 'Rise of Bangtan.' There's something charming in the idea of Yoongi singing just for one person (at least to me xD)

So, heads up, the next chapter will be the last BUT there will be a bonus chapter for Kookie and an epilogue (both of which were suggested, so don't be shy to le me know if you have an idea. By now you should know I don't bite!). Hopefully, both will be posted soon and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. See you all soon!!