Chapter Thirty-seven

Nae Idol

To be honest, Yoongi was unnerved, too when Seung Hee told him. He had gotten home by 11:00 PM to find Seung Hee sleeping over her history textbook and woke her up by pushing her suddenly and scaring her.

He had noticed, though, that something was wrong. He didn't miss the worry that filled her soft eyes and the way she kept clinging to his arm.

“What's the matter with you?” he had asked, and she shook her head stubbornly.

“Fine,” he had huffed. “But you'll regret it!"

She had screamed with laughter as he dug his fingers into her ribs, giggling helplessly as he tickled her.

“Tell me! Or else I won't stop!”

That had made her laugh harder, but she finally gasped out, “Ok! It was a reporter!”

All tickling stopped and Yoongi's stomach dropped. He was unnerved, and now, and he demanded, “What?”

“He was asking questions-”

“What kind of questions?”

“Yoongi, I'm sorry, it's all my fault.”

Her eyes pooled with tears – oh, gods, how he hated to see this girl cry – and he quickly cupped her face in his hands.

“You dumb kid,” he said softly. “How can that be your fault?”

“He - he had a picture of me going into the dorm. But all you can see is my back,” she added hurriedly. “I shouldn't have gone. I'm so sorry… are you mad?”

Yoongi couldn't help melting as he gazed at her face. Her bottom lip was sticking out and her eyes were full of tears...

“Are you mad?” she asked again in a tiny voice.

“No,” he said honestly.

“But if something happens, it's all my fault-”

“Nothing will happen and it's not you fault, ok? And don't worry, it's just a small thing. It'll blow over.”

Yoongi wished that he could believe in his own words as she did – there was nothing but complete trust on her face right now. It killed him the way she believed in him so completely all the time, because he knew that there were some things he wouldn't be able to protect her from no matter how hard he tried.

He stiffened when she buried her face in his chest, and all of a sudden he couldn't breathe. She had done this before, so why was his heartbeat going crazy? He could feel her warm breath through his shirt and when she looked up at him, all he wanted to do was kiss those irresistible lips – and her cheeks and cute nose and forehead.

Suddenly, she tugged him down so that he was not much taller than she was, and she put her head against the crook of his neck.

“I went to see my mom,” she said, her voice slightly muffled.

“Really?” he asked softly – so she had matured a bit and decided to spend time with her mother after all. He suddenly felt lighter, as though a heavy load had been lifted from his shoulders.

“Yeah. It was nice. We made cookies.”

“Do I get any?”

“I ate them all.”

“You greedy thing.”

“Love you,” she said, and wrapped her arms around him. Then she gave him a quick peck on the lips before her head returned to the crook of his neck. He practically fell down with shock, and the next thing she said made him blush.

“I like kissing you,” she mumbled. “And I like it when you hug me...”

“Me too,” he whispered. “Me too.”

And he suddenly felt ashamed for the thoughts that had run through his mind – she liked sweet little kisses and sweet hugs. And right now, she was too close to him. If he didn't do something quickly, he'd do something stupid he'd regret – his self-control was snapping – so he said desperately, “Presents! Yah, you dumb kid, where's my present?”

Thank god, she let go, and ran over to that tiny tree. He still couldn't believe that he had let her put it up in his living room – and he had actually put her gift underneath it!

She ran back to him, almost jumping up and down with excitement, and a flat package and a small rectangular one into his hands. “Open them!”

“Why do you want me to open them?” he teased. “Is it a snake or something?”

He unwrapped the paper to reveal a blue notebook and the other package was a small box containing a pen. Wait, how had she found out that he had finished his notebook?

“I hope you like it,” she said timidly. “You can write songs with them.”

She looked down at the floor, shy, and he couldn't help but ruffle her hair affectionately.

“How did you know this is what I wanted?”

“So… you like it?”

“I love it!”

He could see the relief that broke over her face. How adorable… was she really that happy that he had liked her gift?

And Yoongi made a decision: if they got revealed, he would try his best to protect her even if it meant he could never stand on stage again.

 

* * * *

 

Two days after Christmas, BTS was appearing on a music show – not for their album promotions which were over, but because of the increasing amount of requests from A.R.M.Ys.

No matter how hard Seung Hee begged Yoongi to let her go, the answer was always the same: no – because “Someone could see you!”

Somehow, Jungkook heard about it, because that day he took Seung Hee in his car for a “surprise” and drove to the music show. They went to BTS's waiting room, where everyone was hysterical because Jungkook had suddenly disappeared and there was only half an hour before they was on.

Manager Woo's face darkened when he saw Seung Hee, but he couldn't do anything because of all the people around.

“What are you doing here?” Yoongi hissed. “Jungkook, you can't just-”

“You can't just leave her all alone at home every day,” shot Jungkook.

“Come on, just this once,” begged Seung Hee. “Puh-leaze?”

“Why are you even asking me?” he grumbled. “Fine.”

Jungkook gave Seung Hee a high-five and a very angry Stylist Jang ordered him to “put your on this chair and don't move!”

Seung Hee noticed the way Yoongi glared at her – oh, no, he was mad at her now.

He was wearing a white shirt and black ripped jeans. It looked classy yet swag at the same time. Even better was his face – his red hair was casually messy and his dark eyes, surrounded by eyeliner, burned deep into her as he stared at her unblinkingly.

Darn – her entire face was on fire now. Why couldn't he look somewhere else? He smirked, knowing perfectly well what effect he had on her – that evil guy - and mouthed, “ert.”

Still smirking, he came and stood next to her.

“Go away,” she muttered.

“Wish me luck, kiddo,” he said, his entire behavior changing.

“L-luck?”

He rolled his eyes. “For the performance, you dumb kid. That is why you're here in the first place, right?”

“Good luck!” she cried.

“Pah, you don't mean it.”

“I do! Good luck!”

“Whatever.”

Seung Hee was about to say more when Manager Woo called BTS together. She followed them backstage and joined the group of staff.

She could hear the screaming, the chanting of the member's names before they even appeared on the stage. Then, the lights went on and BTS was there – and the place exploded with screams.

Seung Hee ignored the staff, all her attention was focused on one person: Yoongi. She watched from the backstage – the way he danced so confidently and the way he exploded with swag and he began his rap slowly and almost lazily, then building up with such strength and passion and speed that Seung Hee wondered how his tongue didn't get all twisted up. His rap left her breathless, with goosebumps riddling her skin.

“Amazing, isn't he?” someone asked. She jumped, and found that she was being spoken to by Stylist Jang.

Seung Hee nodded. “Yeah, he really is...”

Stylist Jang smiled and let her focus on Yoongi.

After the song ended, fans were still screaming and Seung Hee finally saw the raw passion that gripped Yoongi when they all returned backstage. He had fire in his eyes, and he had that aura about him – that nothing could stand in his path. His red hair was sweaty and beads of sweat ran down his face.

But Yoongi didn't seem tired one bit. He seemed to be on top of the world, and Seung Hee realized that this was the first time she had actually seen him dance and rap live. She had never seen so much energy on his face, either.

He went straight to her and pushed her into the shadows where no one could see them. Seung Hee was all hyped up – that rap, the song, the dance, the fans' screams, they all went into her system. She kept jumping up and down and exclaimed, “You were so cool! You're the best!”

Yoongi grabbed his hands and started jumping with her – what the heck? He would normally never do that! Then he leapt away and tackled an unsuspecting Jungkook (“Yah!”) and gave bear hugs to Taehyung and Hoseok. He slapped Jimin and Seokjin on the back and fist-bumped Namjoon before a stylist caught him and began wiping the sweat off his face.

The other members were jumping around, yelling nonsense, and Yoongi escaped from the stylist's grip to join them. Even Manager Woo was smiling, which was proof that their stage was a success.

Taehyung saw Seung Hee standing by herself in a corner and ran over to give her a hug and exclaim, “We totally rocked! Did you see me dance? Did you hear me sing?”

That made the other members – even Jimin – crowd around and push each other, each trying to get her attention. They were all yelling at the same time so she had no idea who said what.

“Did you see that move?”

“Did you hear my high-pitch?”

“I'm usually that cool, you know, and-”

“Cool? You? You can never be cool!”

“I am cool! You're just jealous!”

“Jealous? Of you? That's ridiculous!”

Seung Hee just grinned and the sound of their arguments turned into a slight buzzing – she had eyes only for the red-head that stood apart, watching with his hands in his pockets.

When his gaze met hers, she instinctively broke through the crowd of arguing BTS members to go up to him him and give him two thumbs-up. Yoongi half-smiled and ruffled her hair.

“AWWWW…..” cooed six voices. Seung Hee turned around; she and Yoongi had an audience. They were grinning and nudging each other.

“How cute...”

“I want a girl, too.”

“Why didn't she give me a thumbs-up?”

“Who the hell would give you a thumbs-up?”

“Everyone, 'cause I'm so cool.”

“You couldn't be cool even if you were in Antarctica!”

“I don't mean freezing, you idiot, I mean insanely awesome!”

Seung Hee grinned and turned to Yoongi, but quickly turned around again as everyone started yelling, “Yah, Jungkook!”

“Come back, Jungkook!”

“Yah, what's with him?”

“Where'd he go?”

Jungkook had just dashed out and somehow that burst Seung Hee's bubble of happiness. Did Jungkook leave because he was upset? It was all her fault… she kept on forgetting that she may be still hurting him when she was with Yoongi.

“Hey,” said Yoongi. “Don't worry about him – and it's not your fault.”

Urgh, he had just read her mind again! How creepy…

“It's not your fault,” he repeated, and a tiny part of Seung Hee believed him, but the rest of her wondered…

"Let's go home,” he whispered.

“Will you be there?” she asked.

He nodded and half-smiled. “Yup.”
She smiled, too. “Then let's watch a movie.”
He nodded and took her hand.

 

* * * *

 

Yoongi woke up the next morning sweating. No wonder, because he had on a sweater, a blanket, and Seung Hee wrapped around him. And the heat was turned up. He pushed the blanket off, but didn't have the heart to push her off.

She was sleeping soundly, nestled against his chest, wearing that purple hoodie he had given her. He would have to get her a new one if she kept on wearing it all the time – it was already starting to get a little worn-out.

He sighed, wondering how long he'd have to stay still. She was sleeping so soundly; she must have been tired out yesterday from the excitement of the show.

He gently brushed away the hair from her forehead, and his eyes fell on her lips. It had been such a long time since he'd kissed her…. and without even thinking, he leaned forward a bit, until his lips were just a centimeter away from hers.

Suddenly, her eyes opened. Soft eyes blinked adorably, and he froze.

“Yoongi...” she mumbled. “What...”

Her innocent eyes filled with confusion to find him so close, and flickered.

Yoongi pulled back. What had he been thinking? He couldn't behave this way, he needed to be careful with her. There was no way he would force anything on her, or scare her. She was more important than his desires, and he would only do anything once he was sure that she was ok.

What he had just done was sneaky – he would have been freaked out, too, if someone put their mouth close to his while he was sleeping. Urgh, why had he done that?

“Yoongi?” she said. “What were you doing?”

Just by looking at her, he could tell that she really had no idea what was going on.

“Going to take a shower,” he muttered, and nearly tripped in his haste to get away. He turned the water's setting on very cold – that would clear his mind.

Seung Hee lay with the covers pulled up to her chin, wondering what had just happened. Yoongi had never leaned so close while she was sleeping before, and he had a strange look in his eyes. Then, when she had asked him what he was doing, they were filled with conflict – and some kind of guilt.

But why would he feel guilty? Ok, she had been pretty shocked when she had just woken up. And her first thought had been that he wanted to kiss her – but if he did, why sneak up like that? Except… what if he was disappointed with her inexperience? And did this to test her reaction?

Oh no – what if he expected more from her? She had no idea what to do if he did. And more importantly, she wasn't beautiful nor had she a good body.

The worst was that Yoongi worked with beautiful, perfect women almost every day. She would seem even plainer in comparison. Someone as gorgeous, as perfect, as Min Yoongi needed someone else just as gorgeous – someone on the same level as him.

And she knew that she was not on the same level.

Just as she thought about that, the bathroom door opened and Yoongi emerged. She turned bright red and pulled the covers over her head to hide.

Yoongi frowned. Why the hell had she gone under the covers as soon as he turned up? Aish, he had probably scared her. Once again, he mentally kicked himself.

“Yah, Seung Hee,” he called out calmly, when all he wanted to do was scoop her up in his arms and say he was sorry. “Get up – breakfast time. You have to go make it.”

No reaction.

“Yah, you baby! You big baby! What's wrong with you?”

He pulled the cover off her face and she immediately pulled it back up, but not before he saw her flaming face.

“Are you embarrassed?” he asked, slightly grinning – this was really adorable. “Aw, you're embarrassed!”

“Shut up!” she said. “You surprised me, that's all.”

“The why won't you look at me?”

Silence.

“Listen, I'm sorry,” he said softly. “I didn't know what I was thinking. I just want you to know that I won't force you into doing anything you don't want to do, and that I can wait for you – even forever. So don't hide from me, please...”

She withdrew the blanket a bit, just enough for one shy peek and pulled it back up quickly before saying in a small voice, “I'm no good.”

“What do you mean?”

“You hang out with beautiful women every day… and I'm not pretty or anything, and I don't have a good body and-”

“Stop,” he cut in. This was a whole new side of her – he never knew that she wasn't confident about herself, physically. But she was cute and pretty, and was perfect to him. Why couldn't she see that?

Yoongi firmly pulled the blanket off her flaming face. She looked as though she would rather be anywhere than here, facing him. She didn't meet his eyes and turned her head to the side, and he put his hands on her face and turned it, forcing her to look at him – but her eyes still didn't meet his.

“Look at me,” he ordered. “The way a person looks isn't everything.”

“But those other women... they're all so pretty and-”

“I love you, Seung Hee. I love your attitude, everything. And I love the way you look.”

“I'm not pretty...”

“No, you're beautiful,” he said, and her eyes finally met his. “You don't even have to think about those other women, I just work with them. They are nothing. You know why? Because they're not you.”

She bit her lip, and looked a little hopeful – it was seriously adorable…

“You're perfect,” he said, and bent down to plant a kiss on the top of her head.

 

 

 

 

a/n: I hope you enjoyed this chapter and once again, thank you so much for reading!

So, how many of you have watched Boys Over Flowers? That drama is really something that just stays with you isn't it? OK, it might just be me, but I have a lot of attachment as it is my first drama. But don't you think Junpyo and Jaekyung would have been interesting? I love Junpyo and Jandi to death, don't misunderstand!

Co-author nuz123 and I are writing a new arranged marriag fic, 'Broken Promises,' which takes place six years after the drama finishes. We are not attepting to write the sequel, we are just thinking of a story from different perspectives. If you are interested, please do check it out and remember, we love Junpyo and Jandi!