Awareness

Me Before You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

SJK’s POV

 

I couldn’t stop smiling since I departed from her apartment. I did make a promise, for a date. Well, if a man and a woman decided to go somewhere together it’s considered as a date, right? I asked one to Kang Mo Yeon. I knew she want to go to the firework event. Her eyes glued to the big firework poster last time. And tomorrow is weekend, I do have a meeting in the morning, but the rest is free.

 

I drove safely to my office. I still have a pile of document to finish. I tried to concentrate to my work, but today’s moment with Mo Yeon keep running in my head. She’s kind of woman that click with me, she always responded to my chatty mouth. She laughed a lot today, and I knew a little about her life….well tiny actually. She didn’t tell me much because she didn’t remember any of it, her injury makes her forget whole of her life.

 

I give a sign to the last document, after read it carefully. I lay my body to the chair, and have a rest. It’s 10PM now, I’m tired to death. Suddenly I hear a knock in front of my door. 

 

Knock Knock Knock.

 

“Come in” I said, lazily. I saw Bo Ra’s figure, my secretary, with tower of documents. No way!

 

“I’m sorry, Sir. Something urgent come up, and these document needs to be done tomorrow.” She gave me an apologetic look and set the documents on my desk. Okay, I think I will not have time to sleep, poor me.

 

“Gomawoyo, Bora-ssi. You may go home now, this is the last, isn’t it?” I started to open the first document. “Yes, Sir. Thank you so much. Good night” She bowed politely, and I nodded my head.

 

It will be a long night, without sleep. I looked at my watch, it’s 11.00 PM. I needed a break, my eyes are burning now. I took my phone, sent a message to Mo Yeon.

 

Sleep already? I pressed the send button. I went out to take an instant coffee, why don’t I ask Bora before. Ah, a notification light blink! I got a reply.

 

Beauty: Not yet. I’m having my late snack.

 

I laughed a little while reading her answer. Late snack? Really? A lot of woman avoid late snack to keep their weight as light as feather.

 

Joongki: What do you eat?

 

Beauty: Jjangmyeon, tangsuyuk, and tteokbokki

 

Joongki: What if you gain weight?

 

Beauty: No problem, I’ll be y then

 

I burst into laugh. Aish, this woman, what an answer.

 

Joongki: No, it's fat HAHA

 

Beauty: YAH!!!!!!

 

I continued the conversation, find no problem about the topic. I brought everything to talk with her.

 

Beauty: I’m sleepy. You don’t sleep?

 

Joongki: I’m still at my office.

 

Beauty: Seriously? At this hour? Have some rest, and sleep okay. I’m going bed first, good night!:)

 

Joongki: Okay. Nite

 

I took a peek at the clock already 1 AM. Great. Now, I need to rush to finish the document!

 

 

***

 

 

KMY’s POV

 

 

I couldn’t believe with my decision to accept the date offer from Joong Ki. I must be out of mind back then. But, I really want to see the firework, I didn’t even care if I have to go there alone. I laid on the couch, turn on the television. Entertainment news? Skip. Sport? Skip. Daily News? Skip. Gaahhhh, I don’t know what to watch! 

 

Then I stopped at a channel. Drama. Well let’s see. A scene about a soldier with a woman with a wine in her hands. Oho, both of them are beautiful and handsome. Unconsciously, I bite my nails, eyes on TV, then they ended with a sudden kiss. WHAT THE …….. I throw my pillow to the TV, stand up and stomp on my feet. Such a cliffhanger. I need to watch this drama for sure. The main lead is resembled to Joong Ki. Daebak.

 

I opened my eyes, the sky is dark. The night has come, so I fell asleep. I’m still sleepy, but hungry. So I decided to order my late snack.

 

One Jjangmyeon and tangsuyuk. Yeah, that’s enough. Uh wait! And one portion of tteokbokki. Kamsahamnida.

 

I called off the phone call. I want to eat them all! 30 minutes later my foods came. Oh yea, I gobbled all jjajangmyeon and tangsuyuk in flash. I hear a notification from my phone. A message from Joong Ki. I continue to chat with him until I feel the urge for sleep hit me. He’s still at his office until this hour. Ckck such a workaholic

 

Sometimes I do not understand how's the life of a workaholic. What about their private life? What about dating? Having partner? Well, my own job practically made me a workaholic, but because of the memory loss I decided not to accept any job. I have enough money, by chance I found in a safe i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter