Promise

Me Before You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(please read the previous chapter dear readers. I made a mistake before:( please enjoy today's update!)

 

 

 

 

 

 

KMY’s POV

 

I cling on to Chairman Song’s arm, show to everyone that “Song Hyekyo” is back. Everyone, gave us a big bow. Before this, I felt really awkward all of them do that to me. But now with my “father” beside me, I feel a familiar feeling, like I was used to it. I gave everyone my warm smile and confident step toward the lobby.

 

I see a tall old man figure getting near to us, Chairman Kim.

 

“Eo, Junho. What is it?” Chairman Song greet him with a smile, but Chairman Kim put a sour expression on his face, especially when he looked to my hand on Chairman Song’s.

 

“So, Hyekyo is back, huh?” He changes his direction to me, I stand still trying not to look nervous. He’s one of Chairman Song’s enemy, I know it for sure.

 

Joongki suddenly interrupt Chairman Kim act by call me by name. “Hyekyo! Hurry! We still have another meeting. You’ll be angry if I don’t company you to buy the stupid phone” He tangles his hand with mine, pulls me away from my father. “Sorry, ahjussi I need to go first! Excuse me Chairman Kim.” We leave the scene, I turn my body and wave a goodbye to Chairman Song.

 

 

***

 

 

“It’s such a big deal, omo. What if somebody know about it?” I talk to myself, don’t realize that I shout it out loud, not only in my mind.

 

“Don’t be afraid, I’ll always be there to protect everything. You know I’m capable right?” He grins at me, I only stare at him. Yeah, I do believe him, somehow I feel so relieve with all of this … scheme. Scheme? No, it’s not a bad plan. It’s for a better condition.

 

“So, I have to pack my cloth and everything that I need right?” I ask him, for fill the silence. Joongki seems drown in a deep thought. But, he doesn’t answer me.

 

“Joongki-ssi?” I call him, still no respond.

 

Okay. He’s driving while spacing out, it’s dangerous to the maximum.

 

“Joongki-ssi!” I nudge his shoulder to bring him back to reality. He jumps from his seat, stare blankly at me.

 

“I’m sorry” He says. “There’s a lot of …. thoughts inside my head. You ask me something?” He back to himself, no longer spacing out. He slaps his cheeks and run his finger to his hair. I find it’s cute and he looks really handsome. Ah again!

 

“Uh, uh …. Now we’re heading to my apartment right?” I don’t know how to bring the topic about “living as Song Hyekyo” in Chairman Song’s residence. He looks at me with lifting his left eyebrow,

 

“Meoya, I already told you I still have an important meeting and we need to hurry to buy you a new phone”

 

“Eo? But I think that’s only an act?” I stare at him confusedly, still not understand what is he talking about. Why should I buy a phone?

 

“Hehe, it’s one of Hyekyo’s hobby. Buying cellphone. You’ll act as her, you need to act a hundred percent like her.” Ah, so this mighty Song Hyekyo has a weird hobby. Buying cellphone? Well, she’s rich so what?

 

“And about the meeting, it’s your first assignment as Hyekyo. You’ll accompany me at this meeting. Don’t worry you don’t have to say a word, just show your face it’s enough.” He pats my head, give me courage.

 

 

***

 

 

We arrived at shopping mall. He drags me to one of cellphone store. I feel myself excited, the design of the cellphone is really amazing, I look at the brochure and read it all, I think I understand why Song Hyekyo-ssi love to buy cellphone, it’s fun.

 

“Whoa, this one is really good. I love it!” I beam to Joongki, who looks at me with a warm smile. He asks the staff to take the phone and ask about the feature of the phone.

 

“The camera is really good, Sir, Ma’am. It’s beyond a camera like SLR. You don’t have to carry such a big camera with you, you only need this phone.” A pretty staff explain about the feature of the phone patiently, well she’s a good talker. She convinced me to buy this phone.

 

“You are the one who want to use this phone right, Miss? Aigooo, here’s the color of baby pink with gold glitter. It suits you very much!” She shows me the phone with the baby pink color, and she’s right… I fall in love at the first sight.

 

“Omoooooo” I have no words to say. I just take the phone and open it to see the feature. I hear Joongki laughs at me, and reach for my head, pat it gently.

 

“Aigooo, such a baby. You like it that much? Geurae, Oppa will buy it for you.” I look at him with a death glare. What is he doing!? Acting like a boyfriend? Bah. The pretty staff show a disappointed face, I thought she has a big expectation about Joongki.

 

“Oh, so you guys are couple? So cute!” She gives her best smile, well … fake smile. “Both of you are so good looking, such a photogenic. Here let me take a picture of both of you in order to check the quality of the camera.” Joongki moves to my side, and put his arm around my shoulder. Ugh, so sly this man.

 

“Smile, Hyekyo. Kick away your ugly sulky face.” He put his mother finger to the side of my lips, pull it up engraved a smile.

 

 

Hana ..

 

 

 

Dul ..

 

 

 

 

Set ..

 

The picture’s taken.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He takes the phone and smile while looking at the picture. He really bought me the phone, what a man. We thank the staff and walk together to the car. Joongki’s phone suddenly ring, he picks it up. After a few minutes of talking, he calls off the phone and take my hand. Unconsciously, I think. “Hyekyo-ah, we need to hurry.”  

 

He calls the name so comfortably and I find myself nod, didn’t even feel bother by it. I think… I need to set my mind, I’m Song Hyekyo now, even as a replacement. He starts the car engine and we departure with silence. I take a glance at Joongki from the corner of my eye. He moves his lips, talk inaudibly. Weird. I laugh a little, suddenly he turns his face to me.

 

“Hmm, yeah you deserve it.” Suddenly, he talks a nonsense, is he collide his head onto something?

 

“What do you mean?” I crease my eyebrow, he back to focus on the road.

 

“Being called “Beauty”.” My heart thump so fast, I know my face turn into red as tomato.

 

 

I don’t know what to say, I’m done.

 

 

***

 

 

SJK’s POV

 

The meeting. Ah. I’m not in the mood, but as a professional I have to do it. I bring my mood booster, Kang Mo Yeon. Her eyes show her curiosity about the meeting. Everyone in the room, get shock by “Hyekyo” present. Fortunately, the real Hyekyo al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter