The Past

Me Before You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SHK’s POV

 

I have been busy nowadays. My father and Insung oppa needs my help to run the company. I do really enjoy the work. Sometime I get too tired and get no enough time for sleep. I also barely have chance to meet Joongki oppa. After the ‘date’, we only contact to each other by phone.

 

Today, I have a big meeting. I sent my father a proposal to open a textile company in Busan. My brother and I have the biggest share in the company, but we also need some approval from the other shares holders. I wish they would approve it.

 

I pull out my phone, looking for new notification but none.

 

“Are you that busy?” I scowl to the phone, open the profile picture of the owner of the chat.

 

I get inside the elevator, and continue to stare at my phone. I open my social media, a lot of my friend did update their vacation and here I am … assign for a big meeting. The elevator door went open and 2 persons get inside it.

 

“Good afternoon, Miss Song.” I look up at meet a gaze of oldman. Chairman Kim’s eyes.

 

“Oh, good afternoon, Sir. I guess you also attend today’s meeting.” I don’t really like him. Somehow, I feel uneasy whenever I met him. Since the beginning, he always intimidates me. He only gives me an arrogant look then look away. Well, I think he needs to fix his manner. He’s lucky, my father still want to work with him. I do really want to exclude him from the list of shares holder. I try to control my breath, and look away to a person beside Chairman Kim.

 

He looks nowhere but to his shoes. I see this man so rigid and tense. I see him almost jump out the elevator but the door already closed. I stare at him. His back seems so familiar to me, but I can’t see his face, he gives me his back. And here is the time when I remember about my document. I left it on my desk. Yeah, so smart Song Hyekyo. I need to go down again, but I need to press the elevator button which is being block by the weird man in front of me.

 

“Uhm, excuse me, Sir. I need to go down, I left something behind.” I talk to Chairman Kim. He gives me a war smile, and stares at me like I’m only a little girl who try to look smart. I decide to let it go and turn my body to the man “Could you press 20 for me.” I ask him for help. He only nods and press it. “Thankyou” I say, I have to show him some manner.

 

Chairman Kim and the man, get off from the elevator. I see the side of his face, and my eyes go wider.

 

“Hyunbin-ssi?” I unconsciously say. He turns his head to me, but the door already closed.

 

 

***

 

 

SJK’s POV

 

“Ahrasso, when?” I giggle, while talking to someone on the phone. I need to put away my phone from my ear a few seconds ago because of the shout she made.

 

“You’ll break the promise like before! I trust you, but you lied. Liar!” She sulks around. Song Hyekyo.

 

“You know, I’ve been really busy back then. I need to attend a lot of meetings and many things about job. You also feel the same. Well, I’m sorry for not keeping the promise.” I try to explain to her, but I know she’s still sulking and can’t be convince until she gets what she want.

 

“Promise meant to be kept.” She says. Uh-oh. It’s bad. I break the promise to accompany her to go to amusement park. We already ready to go but an emergency calls disturbed us and forced me to cancel the event. She can be so childish in case like this, but I find it’s the cute side of her.

 

“I’m sorry.” I try to sound serious. “I’ll do anything you want.” I try to bargain my luck, stopping her from sulking around. After a long silence, I call her name about 3 times. She still ignores me.

 

“Hyekyo?” No answer.

 

“Ya, answer me!” No answer.

 

“Are you still on the phone?” Still no answer.

 

“Alright then. I’ll cancel my offer to do anything you want” I hear a breath from the other side, I know she’s panic now.

 

“No! Well, I forgive you. But promise me, we’ll really go to the amusement park!” She tries to hide her laugh in her angry tone of voice. I immediately agree with her before she change her mind. We set the date. I ask Bora to give me a day off.

 

 

***

 

 

I arrive at Song’s resident. Jong Ok ahjumma opens me the door and let me in. I meet Seunghoon ahjussi before he went for work. He asked me to take care his childish daughter. I hear Hyekyo shouts from her room, telling me to wait for her inside her room.

 

I get inside her room. I think she still need more time to get everything’s ready. I travel her room, looking at her huge photo beside her bad, then I walk to her office room. I sit down on her chair. On the table, many photos scatter over the table. She in her school time.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter