Warmth

Me Before You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

SHK’s POV

 

We’re arrived at the theater. I’m glad there’s a good movie airing in the cinema. We choose to sit in the middle, to get the best view for the movie. We buy some popcorn and soft drinks inside.

 

 

Here I am now, together with Joongki Oppa. I get my heart beat increase its speed, but I still can control it. I get my soft drink and drink it slowly, to shoo away my nervousness. Joongki take a look at me, and smile, do the same thing like me.

 

“This is the most exciting part of being at the cinema.” I say to him. “Right before the lights are turned off.” I whisper, and smile at him. He raises his brow, and stir his iced coffee. He leans his body to me, looking for access to speak next to my ear.

 

“This is the most exciting moment in my life.” He set his expression cutely and give me a smirk “I’m with a beautiful lady and the lights are about to go off.” My toes curls hearing his cheesy line. I smack his shoulder, and he laughs. His laughter makes my heart flutter.

 

“Wah, it’s start now!” The light went off smoothly, start to show the movie.

 

The movie is about high school boy and girl. The boy already had feelings since so long for the girl. The girl also had the same way as him. But there some reason the boy can’t tell his feeling and keep his distance from his loved one. The girl keeps on and on to get near to him, even she always ended getting dump. I hear Joongki cough a little. I’m getting so immerse with the movie.

 

My feeling turns upside down, especially when the boy and the girl getting separated. They both lost contact for years. And when they get in a contact again, the boy knows the girl already with somebody else. Actually the boy does really love the girl. In the end, the girl is about to marry someone else. Regret always comes late. I whine to Joongki oppa, asking is it true that boy are so fool like the main character in the movie.

 

“So stupid! If I were that boy I’ll be crazy and will destroy her wedding.” I huff and Joongki Oppa smile beside me. “You girls are so cruel. Just because of separation then you choose somebody else.” He whispers to me. I smack him with my elbow, lightly, he continues to laugh in silence.

 

“You know? It’s not her fault! She already tried to win his heart but failed! I’ll do the same if I were her.” I say. Ah, but suddenly it reminds me to my own love life. I think I know the girl feeling. I drift to my own thought, if I decided to leave Joongki’s side, am I going to find another man just like the girl character?

 

“Earth to Hyekyo. What are you thinking?” Joongki pokes my cheeks with his index finger.

 

I only look at him, and he stares back at me, raises his brow asking for answer. “Nothing. I just …” Something growl inside me. MY STUPID STOMACH.

 

“Are you that hungry?” I feel my cheek burn and he smiles, pat my head. I think there’s no need to excuse myself, pretend like I’m not hungry or later will only eat a little pieces of food to maintain my body slim. I do have plan to eat like crazy, since I have a free time to enjoy everything without thinking about my job.

 

“What do you want to eat?” He waits for my answer. I get an idea, clap my hand and smirk.

 

“Let’s take a walk Oppa. I’m craving for street food!”

 

 

***

 

SJK’s POV

 

I drive around the city and there’s a sudden night market, also with bazaar. Actually, it’s Christmas eve! I park my car in parking lot, it’s a little bit hard to find it since there are so many people park their car for the bazaar. The wind blows hard, it’s cold. I take a look to Hyekyo, she already squirming in cold. Blowing her hand, and rub it together at the same time. She looks cute, coldness makes her nose turn red. I pinch her nose, while talking

 

“Where’s your Santa, Rudolph-yang?” She holds my hand, trying to take it off from her nose. Her hand’s so cold.

 

“Oppa! Neomu appha!” She screams in pain, still it looks cute for me. I finally let go my hands of her. She gives me a little punch on my stomach, I growl.

 

“That’s my revenge” She smirks slyly and run away. I, still rubbing my stomach, trying to catch her step. She travels the bazaar happily, move from one to another stand. I just follow her, wherever she goes. Sometimes, she turns her head to look behind, make sure that I’m still with her.

 

“Don’t leave me alone. Ahrasso?” Well, I have no plan to do it. Suddenly, she stops her step and turn her direction to me. I tilt my head, confused. Is there something wrong? She walks in a small step towards me. Her finger plays with her hair. She’s nervous, but why?

 

“Oppa, it’s really cold.” I raise one of my brows. “So?” I react, still don’t get what is her motive. She fiddling her hair more. I’m waiting for her to say something. But, suddenly her body being pushed by a group of young couple. It makes her lose her balance. I have to prevent her from being kissed by the street. With my quick response I catch her waist and pull her closer.

 

“Woah, that was close” I say, she clutches her finger to my coat. A little bit shocked because of the incident. “You’re almost turn into a carpet, being step by all of these people.” My hand still on her back, build a cage around her body. She laughs a little.

 

“What?” I ask.

 

“I just remember we have a date before right? At that time, I fell down on my . You helped me, and held my hand … Oppa, I think it’s better to hh…..Ahchoooooo.” She sneezes and then shiver. I see, she doesn’t wear her muffler neither gloves.

 

I take off my muffler and put it around her neck. “You are easy to feel cold, how can you forget to wear your muffler. Pabo” She grins happily like a little child, stomping her feet to shoo the cold.

 

“Let’s grab some coffee, to make you warm.” I turn my back, walk away first. I’m waiting her to catch me up but none. She stays in her place. I go back to her. “What? Is there something wrong?” I feel wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter