Explode

Me Before You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

SHK’s POV

 

It’s been a long time since the last time I saw his face this close. Well, he’s extremely handsome tonight. I cursed my stupid beautiful dress for being stuck and made me fall to his arm. His manly scent … makes me lost focus. I hurriedly pull away myself from his embraces.

 

“I’m sorry” I say. I feel regret to pull away that fast from his embrace. I try to keep calm and confident, he looks at me and smile a bit. Suddenly, he offers his hand like before.

 

“No problem, let’s go.” Without hesitation I take his hand and feel the warm from his body being transferred to me. Our hand fits to each other. He opens the car’s door for me, such a gentleman.

 

“Thank you.” My beautiful gown couldn’t read the situation, it stuck onto my feet makes me hard to move freely. Joongki kneels by my side and help me to take care the end of my dress, smoothing it so I can sit in comfort in the car. I was really touched by his small action.

 

I study him, he walks slowly to his seat and start the engine. He feels my gaze, without turn his head he smiles and ask “What? Is there something on my face?”. I dumbfounded. How stupid.

 

“Ani, you look so good tonight.” I answer. There’s no use to lie by the way, so I told him the truth. This time I forget about being angry to him. The silence spread in the air. I don’t know how to start the conversation he also didn’t say anything. I continue to stare to the high building around me, such a beautiful scenery from Seoul.

 

“How are you?” Suddenly he asks. Yeah, this question, I’ve been thinking about same question.

 

“I’m doing fine.” I answered him while I scratching my not-itchy head. He nods and continue to focus to the road.

 

No one said anything for 10 minutes or more, until suddenly he stretched his hand to turn on the music. A familiar song played as background of our silence. I know this song. I’ve heard it before. So, this song’s his favorite, I enjoy the song, even sing the lyric. I take a look at Joongki and our gaze meet, he stares at me weirdly, I felt like a question mark shown on his head.

 

“What?” I stop singing the song, at the part. “You remember the lyric?” He asks.

 

“Uh, yeah. I think so, why?” I ask him back, still not understand the situation.

 

“I only let you hear this song once. This song is my private collection. How can you remember it?” He showers me with question.  

 

Well, that’s right. How can I remember the song perfectly?

 

***

 

SJK’s POV

 

She remembers every lyric of the song. I only let her hear it once. I carefully take a look to her, I’m driving so I have to focus to the road. She looks at me with a confused expression.

 

“Well, I’m not stupid, smart enough to remember such a good song. What’s wrong with that?” She answers to me like a mother gives advice to her child.

 

“Ani, just forget it.” No use. What kind of answer you expect for, pabo.

 

The car come back to nobody-is-here, only the song plays as background. But suddenly I hear a growl. I’m sure someone's hungry here. I take a glance at Moyeon, she avoids my gaze. I laugh softly.

 

“DON’T LAUGH!” She screams. It makes me laugh louder.

 

“What? You have no enough food at home? Aigoo.” I shake my head, she pouts her lips and cross her hand in front of her chest.

 

“I’m on a special diet” I look at her with teasing look.

 

“Ishhh this is so embarrassing.” I feel a smack on my shoulder. Keke. She makes an excuse, what a woman. She puts her hand to cover her face, her ear turns red.  

 

“Diet? What for? You are already skinny. Ah, and I know you have a big appetite how can you hold yourself from eating.” I continue to and she just ignone me by looking out through the window. But the situation is back to normal, no awkward in the air. And that’s good.

 

I park the car slowly. It’s still empty. I turn the engine off and quickly open my door to open Moyeon’s door. I still confuse what name I should address her, is it Moyeon or Hyekyo. Before, she told me, she preferred being called Hyekyo, to make sure there’s no mistake in her undercover as Hyekyo. I open her door, and she get out from the car. She straights her dress, and put a touch on her hair.

 

“Do I look okay?” She makes sure about her appearance one more time.

 

“You look perfect!” I say, in honest. She smiles and walk in front of me with confidence. She wears a stiletto and long dress. I see her struggle to have a proper walk. So, I offer my hand to help her walk.

 

“It’s really really not funny if you stumble and fall over in front of many people. Let me help you.” After hesitant for a few second, she nods her head and takes my hand. Her hand feels so soft and warm, her perfume hit my nose and it smells so good. We walk hand by hand, until we arrive at the ballroom. So many cameras take a picture of us. I serve a big smile, and also Hyekyo.

 

“Please stand here Sir, Ma’am, take a picture together.” A cameraman asks me and Hyekyo to do some pose for the photo. Unconsciously, I put my hand around h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter