Rush

Me Before You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SHK’s POV

 

We’re speeding up along the way to the hospital. I do worry about our safety. He’s driving like a mad.

 

“Oppa, let me drive. You are not oka… watch out!” Joongki turn the steering wheel so sudden, to avoid a crash with the car in front of us. My body toss to the left side, feel glad I used the safety belt. I tighten my grip to the seat belt. I look at his finger turn into white because he hold the steering wheel so tight. I know we needs to rush but if he’s still drive along way like this we won’t arrive in one piece.

 

“Oppa please … let me drive. You need to calm your mind, I’ll drive fast. I promise.” I touch his upper arm, so tensed. But, slowly, he decreases the speed and pull away to the right side of the road. He puts his forehead to the wheel, letting go a deep breath. I get out from the car, cross the car and open his door. I reach out my hand to embrace his shoulder.

 

“Let’s exchange the seat. Kaja, Oppa.” He nods his head, and follows me to sit on the passenger seat. I put on his seat belt and quickly put mine too. He stares at me with his sad and worry eyes, I nods my head and take his hand to mine.

 

“Don’t worry, trust me.” I start the car, and rush to the hospital.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

We need to cancel the plan to the amusement park. Joongki and I received a call that informed both of my father and his were get into an accident. Both of us extremely shocked, but Insung Oppa told me that Appa only got a little scratch on his head. It’s Joongki’s father that got serious injury. He’s still in the operation room. Joongki and I hurriedly ran to the car. I already forbade him to drive, but he insisted. He lets me drive now, his mind must be really blurry. If I were him, I absolutely crying a river now.

 

Ten minutes later, we arrive at the hospital. I stop the car in front of the lobby and give the car key to the valet officer. Joongki oppa already get down from the car, wait for me inside the lobby. He takes my hand and walk fast to the receptionist counter, asking where the operation room is. He grips my hand tightly, and I do same, to give him courage.

 

From a far, I see his mother is sitting together with Jingoo oppa. She cries loudly, Jingoo oppa let her and pats her back. Joongki stops his step.

 

“I’m afraid” His first words after the last call. I never see him like this before. He always seems strong in all way, but he seems so lost now. I put my free hand on our tangled hand.

 

“Everything’s gonna be alright.” He still looks down to his feet, I feel his grip get tighter to my hand. “Let’s go to meet your mother. Have courage, you need to be strong for your mother, Oppa.” He nods slowly and lead me to his mother.

 

“Yeobo!!!!!!” Ahjumma screams for longing to his husband, she punches Jingoo’s chest and get a grip to his T-shirt, makes it crumpled. He looks up and meet my gaze and Joongki’s. Ahjumma also feel another person presence, she looks up and burst into tears one more time. “Joongki-ah, your Appa…. Your Appa.” Joongki oppa lets go his hand from mine and quickly sit down beside his mother, embrace her.

 

Jingoo oppa stands up, and me to different place. Both of us walk in silence to the hospital park, and sit down on the bench.

 

“Oppa… what happened? How’s my father?” He pats my back, give me courage and smile warmly.

 

“Your father is fine. He’s sleep in his room now, your brother help me to take care the hospital admission.” Oh. He didn’t answer my first question. “You want to see him? I’ll take you there.” He offers me, but quickly I shake my head.

 

“We’ll go later. Tell me what happened Oppa?” I stubbornly demand him to tell me about the accident.

 

“Well, Insung and I already asked our private source to find out about this. My father and your father have a meeting together. After that, they went for lunch, but my father’s car seemed to be broken. The engine refused to start. So, your father asked him to join in his car.”

 

“Nothing’s weird happen to them on the way to the restaurant. Then, they have a plan to play golf with some colleagues. But, your driver hear a strange sound for the right side of the car, which was the side my father sit. Suddenly, the tire burst, made the driver lost control. He tried to step on the brake, but it didn’t work at all.”

 

My eyes widen, I try to put piece by piece of facts to one conclusion.

 

“Someone planned to do it.” I say, confidently. Jingoo oppa nods his head, and rest his back to the bench.

 

“But, who? And…. Why?” I continue to talk to myself, hoping Jingoo oppa can answer my curiousity.

 

“I think someone wants to hurt your father. We need to put extra caution towards your father, you, and your brother. Someone who give danger to your family. I’ll investigate more about this, please take care of yourself, Hyekyo.” I put my hand to cover my face. Someone wants to hurt my family! What is the problem?

 

“You better go and see your father. He asked for you many times. He worries about you. It’s better if you guys stick together.” He stands up, and offers me his hand. I take it. I’m glad, beside Insung Oppa, I have Jingoo Oppa by my side. He always treats me like his own sister, so do I. I feel safe to walk with him. He puts his hand on my back, guide me to my father’s room.

 

 

***

 

 

 

SJK’s POV

 

I put the blanket over my mother. I her hair, watching her sleep peacefully. She must be really tired, crying all day until she fell asleep in my embrace. My father already came out from the operation room and placed in the ICU. He’s getting better but still need an intensive treatment before being moved to the regular room.

 

I close the door slowly, trying not to wake mother up. I look at my watch, it’s 3 AM now. I yawn, and stretch my arms and legs. A vibration comes from my stomach. I need to eat, but at this hour … duh. I’m trying to find the way to the cafeteria, hoping they still open.

 

On my way, I turn on my phone. Lots of missed calls notification shown on the screen, mostly from my father’s partner and colleagues. I have no time to take the call before this. I also open my message, quite much messages come in, I read them all and reply it one by one. There’s one message catch my attention, I left it for the last.

 

I open the message, contains of many bubbles.

 

Beauty 12.04: I’m in my father’s room, he’s alright. What about your father?

Beauty 13.45: Have you eat? I want to come to you, but better not. I’m with my Oppa and Jingoo Oppa here. Jingoo oppa will bring ahjumma’s and your food. Please eat properly.

Beauty 15.40: Oppa where are you? I need to talk, but not in here.

Beauty 20.58: Don’t let yourself tired. Have a proper rest!

Beauty 22.36: I received so many strange calls from unknown number. I’m scared.

and the last bubble, contains of 2 words.

Beauty 01.23: I’m sorry.

 

Sorry? What for? She always like this, selfless about herself. She did no wrong.

 

Suddenly, I feel so full so I change my direction to Seunghoon ahjussi’s room. I haven’t see him today, at least I have to confirm his condition. I ride the elevator, touch the floor number and rest my body in the corner. The next floor, a nurse come in. She face the elevator’s door, but suddenly turn her body. She smiles at me. She has a dimple on her right cheek. Politely, I smile back to her but quickly looking away.

 

Still facing my direction, she takes one step closer to me and offer me her hand.

 

“Hello, my name is Kim Eun Ji. May I know your name?” Bravely, she introduced herself to me.

 

“Oh, I’m Song Joongki.” I say shortly, ignoring her hand.

 

“Song Joongki? Your name seems familiar to me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter