Snowflakes

Me Before You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SJK’s POV

 

“Should I apologize .. or confess my love?”  I ask her.

 

I look straightly into her eyes, and I see her took a deep breath. I put my hand inside my pocket, waiting for her respond. I never be nervous like now. Every second feels like years.

 

“You are very charming, Oppa.” She answers me in calm tone, and warm expression.

 

“You are charming, but dangerous.” She adds. I don’t know this conversation will lead me to a grateful heart or a broken heart.

 

“Every time I catch your eye, I am charmed.” I don’t want to have a high expectation from her answer.

 

“I hope there was more time, so I could simplify my complicated mind, get rid of fear and take time to think ..” Oh. So, she needs time. Okay.

 

“…. If I could become a girlfriend of you. But, Oppa, I have doubt about your feeling. I am not the girl you’re looking for. You might be confused by my physical appearance which resemble to your real love.”

 

“I can’t get angry at you for doing this to me. I feel like a fool for having been complicated all by myself.” Her eyes never leave mine. Now, I know where this conversation will lead my heart.

 

“At the moment, I just simply don’t like you.” She ends her explanation, with her beautiful yet painful words. I only stare at her. Accept my defeat.

 

“So …. Apologize. I’ll take your apology.”

 

 

I take out my hand, free myself from her eyes. I gather my soul and take a deep breath. I understand her. Being confused by my feeling. Is it for her or for Hyekyo. I completely understand. So, for the last moment, I set my eyes back to her.

 

“I’m sorry.” I say.

 

“I hope all is well with you.” I can’t talk more for now. I might look strong, but her rejection hits me hard. I don’t want to make her confuse for any longer. She just remains silence, looking at me with her sad eyes. I slowly nod my head and I reach out my hand to pat her head.

 

“Once again, I’m sorry ….. Kang Moyeon-ssi.”

 

Now, I realize I have 2 different women in my life, and I hurt both of them. I bow to her, and get out from Insung Hyung’s office.

 

 

***

 

 

How do you get over a broken heart?

 

So, it’s not easy for letting something precious go. It’s the second week after the rejection. I continue my daily life with no emotion at all. Everything went to be wrong, or may be me .. the one who’s in trouble. I’m trying to concentrate to read all the documents. But, my mind goes blank, and I know I have to rest for a bit.

 

My phone suddenly rang. Without mood, I take the phone, look in to the caller ID. Eomma.

 

“Song Joongki! You’re not forget about today right?” She screams over the phone. I have to make a distance between the phone and my ear.

 

“Ne, Eomma.” I answer.

 

“I’m serious! Don’t embarrass me please. Arasso? Have you contact her?” She continues to nag. I have no mood at all. Really.

 

“Yes, I already did. I’ll meet her at five.”

 

“Good. Be good to Chaewon! I’ll contact you soon.” Eomma cut off the conversation. I lean back to my chair. The clock shows it’s 3 PM already. I have another hell two hours before the “date” time.

 

Ah. About Chaewon, I wonder why Eomma had to introduce her to me. Well, her mother might be Eomma’s best friend. I met her at Seunghoon ahjussi’s birthday party. The time before I dance with Hyekyo.

 

“Anyeonghaseyo, I’m Moon Chaewon. It’s really good to meet you, Sunbae.” The girl offers me her hand, asking for a handshake. I accept her hand with confuse.

 

“I’m your sunbae?” I ask her. She nods happily, and tell me that she and I were going into the same college.

 

“I’m your fan, sunbae. And honestly I’m interested in you.” She says with honest, abruptly.

 

“It’s such a great condition that my mother knew your mother. I’m so happy.” She continues giggling and put her hand on my arm. I really want to reject that hand, but Eomma give me a death look. I need to keep her pride in front of her friend. But this lady, Moon Chaewon .. duh.

 

“You need to go out together, Joongki. Chaewon is a good girl. You are single right? She’s a great cook, she can be the best wife.” Both of the mothers laugh happily, also Chaewon. I only stare down to the floor, waiting for the right time to get out from this situation. No longer can wait, so I excuse myself to go to the toilet and escape from the cruel condition.

 

The story continues to the dance party and the kiss. Great.

 

I quickly shake my head, get rid all of the fantasy in my stupid head. You’ve been rejected stupid. It’s my second time, meet with the girl, Chaewon. At first, I don’t want to do it, but Eomma pushed me too. And I’m in a broken heart, I think something new can fix my heart.

 

Chaewon is not a bad girl. She’s so cheerful and also nice. She never stops talking, and always have a topic to talk. I never bored when I’m with her. That’s why when she asked me for the second meeting I accept her. Well, she said she want me to teach her about her study in college. I couldn’t refuse her.

 

 

***

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter