Rules

Me Before You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SJK’s POV

 

Hyekyo and I entering the avenue. We walk straight to Hyojin noona and Insung hyung. I congratulate her and she give me a pat on my forearm .. or you can consider it as a slap. I keep a smile on my face, hiding the pain. She drags Hyekyo away to the backstage, she needs to gather with the other model. Well, I stand with Insung hyung and he gives me a glass of wine.

 

“Yah, how’s your survival?” I know he asking about the “civil war” between me and Hyekyo.

 

“She forgave me instantly. I haven’t told her the reason why we’re … with the models.” I cough, looking around. I’m afraid someone will misunderstood about what I’m saying.

 

“Lucky you!” Insung hyung pointed his index finger to me.

 

“I have a war with flood of tears. We’re serious having a meeting but women never understand. They quick to judge and never want to hear any explanation.” He mumbling and pouting his lips.

 

“Uh.. hyung if I were you, I’ll stop complaining and accept the defeat. Woman always right. You know that’s the rule.” I say. Hyung raises one of his brows.

 

“What rules?” He asks.

 

I point my index finger out. “First, woman is always right.” I see him nodding and waiting for the next rules.

 

“…second, if the woman does something wrong .. please notice the first rule.” I shut my mouth and cross my hand in front of my chest. Insung hyung claps his hand and asking me a high five.

 

“The most dangerous rules in the world, agreed.” We tossed our drink and walking to the chair. The event will be start in time.

 

***

 

The MC delivering the opening speech. I focus on my drink, sipping it little by little. I feel a little bit uneasy. I saw group of handsome man before. The models. They got pretty well built body and handsome face.

 

“Oppa watch my debut as a model! I’ll show you interesting view.” Hyekyo reminded me last time before she got in to the backstage to change her clothes.

 

I look at everyone .. the models set their eyes to Hyekyo, even some of them asked her name and shook their hand with her. I really want to slap their handsome face and warn them that she’s mine. Well, I have to act professional, it’ for Hyojin noona.

 

“Hey, take it easy, Joongki.” Insung hyung nudge me with his elbow.

 

“I’m trying to enjoy the show but it’s hard to do” One by one the models take a walk on the stage. They moved their hips and legs seductively to try to catch everyone’s attention. All of them wearing a casual outfit. Yeah, y and casual is the concept for today’s fashion show.

 

I’m waiting for Hyekyo’s turn. I don’t like the fact she’ll wearing beautiful dress but everyone in here get to see her. Valentine is the last model before Hyekyo. She posed in front of me. Well, Insung hyung and I get the chair in front of the catwalk stage for the pose. She winks at me and I reply her with smile. You’re pretty but not as much as my Hyekyo.

 

And there she is .. I look at my goddess, wearing a bright yellow dress. It’s fit to her skin color, makes her more beautiful. Her hair tied to one side, revealing the side of her y neck. Oh my God. The sound of camera getting wilder and a lot of man and woman “wow”-ing her.

 

 

No doubt, I can’t take my eyes off of her. She’s so stunning. I feel my jaw drops.

 

“Close your mouth before flies get in to it.” Insung Hyung warn me with laugh. I immediately close my mouth and claps my hand. Hyekyo take a glance at me and smile beautifully. I feel my heart beats faster than before. Maybe, I saved my nation in my previous life. I get the chance to be in love and to be loved by this gorgeous woman. Next, couple stage. Jinjja, ishh.  I hate this idea. Poor me, and my little heart.

 

I stretch my neck, waiting for the show and hear a small conversation between two young men and a girl beside me.

 

“Yah! Introduce me to the last model. I never see her before. She’s such a goddess. You know the way to the backstage right?” I hear one of them beg to their girl friend. Another fans.

 

“I don’t want to. My sister won’t let me do it.” She brushes her hair to one side, seem to be annoyed by the boy. Ohooo, she must loves the man. He keeps nudges her but she ignores him. “Ah, you’re no fun! I just want to know her. Maybe ask for her number or taking her on a date” Tchh, keep dreaming. I form a fist, holding my anger.

 

Suddenly, the other boy join their quarrel. “From what I heard, her name is Song Hyekyo. She’s the daughter of a big company. Such a big fish!” I no longer can hold my anger and try to stand up but a hand hold me.

 

“I’ll handle it.” Insung hyung make a move towards them.

 

“The last model absolutely beautiful right, dude?” He talks in ease, while holding his glass of sampanye. Insung hyung smile didn’t touch his eyes. Hyung is angry. Those guys are such a dead meat.

 

“Yeah, man! You saw her too? Do you know her?” He gladly answer hyung’s question.

 

“Yes, I know her. A lot.” Insung hyung keep his smile. This is going to be fun.

 

“Woah! That’s perfect! Introduce me to her, please! Does she have a boyfriend?” Hyung settle down his suit, and drink a gulp of sampanye. “I don’t want to.” His sneaky voice, with a sly smile in it comes out of the blue. The eyes of the man goes wider.

 

“Pardon?”

 

“He told you. He didn’t want to.” I can’t hold my curiosity and join them. I know the boy hold his anger, the other boy try to hold him. I heard word “easy” and the boy tries to calm himself down.

 

“May I ask you why?” The boy still not yet giving up. Nice try. But next, Insung hyung’s answer blow him up

 

“You are no good for my sister.” The boy jaws drop when heard his answer. Hyung pointed his mother finger to me “..and he is her boyfriend. If I compared you with him … uhh” He pretend to think, scans the boy from top to the edge of his shoes.

 

The young boy set his eyes on me, and I wave to him “… just back off.” I blow him away. Yes, back off and never come back. I do high five with Insung hyung and leans back to the chair.

 

---

 

“Hyung, I’m going to backstage.” I can’t hold my uneasiness for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter