The taste of hurt

Attack - Sharp

A/N: Hello! Don't think too fast okay! This story still has many more surprises to come!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I reach out, trying to find your hand, only to remember you had already disappeared into the darkness. –Venne

‘Venne’s POV’

I cried. Cried for the change, the lies, the pain, the betrayal. I cried…

For him.

From what I have locked in my memories, all I see are now lies.

All of them one by one unfolding into the truth I would never accept.

Until now…

He cheated.

The game rules had included playing fair, but in this game of love, I don’t think anyone plays fair…

Except me.

I’m a fool. How can I be such a fool, to wait and wait until I can’t even wait any longer?

I cried to myself, unable to stop the endless tears, letting them follow down my face.

Why did I even let myself go?

I promised myself never to let emotions, especially love, get into this heart. But I broke it.

And now i have to pay the price.

I walked down the somehow empty streets of Seoul, looking around. Someone grabbed my lifeless body into a dark alley and I could hear the snickering.

It was Dalmatian. I never liked them. They shuffled around, grinning in a sinister way. I knew what was going to happen. They were going to beat me up for the sake of it. Just like that.

My mask was in my pocket, but I somehow refused to save myself.

As they trashed me around. pulling kicks and punches all over my sudden fragile body, I didn’t have the usual urge to punch them back. I felt helpless for once. I spat the blood out from my throat, tasting the icky iron. 

“Done? Now leave.” I heard the guy scoff, trying to pull another blade on me. All of a sudden, I pulled out my pocket knife, holding it to his throat.

“Leave.” I gave the leader a hard stare, and dropped him on the ground. They left.

Everyone will leave. Soon, G.O and Thunder will leave, just like him, just like Infinite, just like Lee Joon, Seungho, Mir…

Just like Mum and Dad.

I lied there, feeling the sore bruises all over my body. In a flash, it all went black.

‘L.Joe’s POV’

I was on the phone with Hyung until I spotted someone lying in the alley. It was unusual, and I took a guess that a gang had fought. Then it hit me.

That girl was Venne! Oh heavens! I ran into the alley, picking up her body.

“Venne? Are you ok? What…” I gasped. She was covered with injuries! I steadied my breathing, catching a breath.

“Ok…. Hospital…”

I ran to the nearest hospital, not forgetting to call hyungs.

“This is a hard job… Woohyun hyung has made life hard for me…”

I stared at Venne, who was lying on the white sheets, clad in a plain white hospital gown. Somehow, I felt bad. This wasn’t a good plan at all! I should never had agreed to help that hyung…

“RING RING!!!” I looked at the caller ID and sighed. Damn…

“Yes, hyung?”

“L.Joe? Where’s her room?”

“Second floor, I’ll meet you outside.”

I hung up the phone and left, wandering outside and waiting for the Infinite hyungs.

‘Venne’s POV’

My eyes fluttered open and I adjusted my eyes to the light.

Where am I? I stared at the white walls, white sheets, white vase, white curtains…

“Leeteuk’s room?” I momentarily thought of that, and even though I knew it was impossible, I still did.

“Hospital…” I mumbled, softly sighing.

“Ye, hyung. She’s still sleeping… It’s all your fault!” I heard L.Joe talk, and the door started to creak open.

I snapped my eyes shut, pretending to still be asleep. I steadied my breathing as the footsteps piled in.

“Oh my god…” Was I that injured?

“See hyung! I told you playing her wasn’t nice! Now what?”

“Sunggyu hyung. Sungjong, why are you so stiff! Chillax~!” Woohyun said.

They knew I was Sharp from the start, and messing with me was just plain wrong.

So why did they let him…

Let him break me into pieces?

“Yahh, I can’t do this hyung!” I heard L.Joe beg. “It’s a crime!”

“Yah, are you disobeying me!”

“But hyung… She’s already hurt, yet you want me to hurt her more?”

“You are to pretend to love her so that she doesn’t get too worked up about me leaving, OK! Shut it!”

My eyes snapped open and I choked on my saliva.

“VENNE!” Sungjong shouted, pulling all the attention on me. I coughed, grabbing the glass of water beside me.

“Venne, are you ok??” L.Joe got into his act immediately.

“I’m fine.” I said in a sarcastically nice way. I grabbed the vase with flowers in it.

“Did you put this in?” I asked ‘sweetly’.

“Neh~! Hope you like it!” I cringed at his perfect acting skills.

“THEN TAKE IT BACK!” I slammed the vase onto his head, earning shocked gasps from around the room.

“YAH, what are you doing!” Woohyun ran over, pulling L.Joe who was clutching his head.

“Leave, now! All off you ty s are to leave now!!!”

I took my phone from the bedside table, calling G.O.

“Yahh, come now!!! RIGHT NOW! TO THIS HOSPITAL!!” I burst into a fit of tears, hiccupping slowly.

“V-Venne, are you ok?” Sungyeol tried to ask.

“NO, I am NOT ok! So just leave you twit!” I gave them a cold glare.

“NOW. “

They all shuffled out of the room, mumbling curses.

“Oh,  and L.Joe?” He turned around with hopeful eyes.

“Don’t come near me ever again.”

The door slammed shut, and the tears continued to fall.

“OMO, Princess are you ok?”

“OPPA!!!” I couldn’t stop the tears, the pain in my heart was unbearable. First Woohyun, now L.joe?

“Such drama…” Thunder sighed, and started dialing a number.

“She needs you…” I heard him whisper into the phone.

“Oppa… My chest, my heart, it hurts… The pain is unbearable…” I sobbed uncontrollably, hugging G.O.

I pulled myself into his chest, and I could hear his steady heartbeat.

“Cry, princess. Let it all out…” He whispered, patting my head.