Happy Holidays, markjincupid

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2016 [News update from the 2017.07.01]

Gift for markjincupid

Gift from ???

Title of the gift: I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU

Pairing(s):Markjin

How many words: 2,954

Ratings: PG13

Warnings: None


Note to my giftee: dea kittykutz, hope you like this gift

 


I’LL BE THERE FOR YOU

 

Warm hands crept around Mark’s body, settling against his flat stomach. He felt warm comforting breath that tickles against the back of his neck and slowly opened his eyes. Mark shifted in his bed and carefully turned around, making sure not to disturb the slumber of the person he was now face-to-face with.

He couldn’t help but stare and think just how lucky he was. To have this beautiful human being lying next to him. To have Jinyoung by his side. To love him like there was no tomorrow. It wasn’t always like this, but Mark was glad that the both of them could get through everything and ended up being together.

 

*********

 

Mark was beyond homesick.

Korea was a foreign country and new horrors lurked behind every corner. Everything seemed so different than they were back home. Mark had spent ungodly hours to learn practically every single thing from scratch. The language, the etiquettes, the social surroundings. Not to mention the tons of hours he had to put training.

Sometimes he felt lost.

He looked around and he felt like he didn’t belong. What was he doing in Seoul anyway? Who was he fooling? A complete stranger walking up to him randomly offering him to become a kpop-idol and he took it without even thinking twice. Who does that anyway? It seemed like a good idea at the time, to skip school, but now looking at the harsh trainee life before him Mark felt like a complete idiot.

Mark was scared. He didn’t have any special talent. Like at all. People got in with the simple basics like singing, or dancing, or acting. But Mark got in simply because he got the looks. And because of that Mark was simply terrified.

No one else seemed scared though. Not Jackson who had a lot more to loose, having giving up his spot on the national team. Not Yugyeom, who had been dancing since he could practically walked and wanted nothing more to debut. Not even Bambam, who was only thirteen and a long way from home.

Especially not Jaebum or Jinyoung. Because they were, by any definition, the model trainees of JYP. They were the ones who could do it all. The thriple-threats who dance, sing, and act well. Park Jinyoung PD-nim’s favorite boys. There were even rumours that the two were going to debut soon. How Mark whishes he was half as talented as those two.

So imagine Mark’s surprise when he walked back to his dorm one night from practice, way pass midnight and drenched in sweat, and found Jinyoung sitting on the floor. He had his knees hugged tight in his arms, his face (which Mark envied for being so beautiful) stained with tears. Mark heard the younger boy stiffle a sob and his mouth fell open.

Jinyoungie? Are you okay?” he asked, rushing to the boy’s side.

Jinyoung quickly wiped his tears away, embarrassed, “Yeah, hyung. I,I was just... uhm...”

Want to come in my room for a bit?” Mark asked shyly. “The others are all eating out. It will be a while until they all get back.”

Sure.” Jinyoung followed Mark into the dorm room that he shared with five other guys from the dance team. Mark tidied up his bed a bit, cleaning the pile of clothes that were on top of it, before sitting on his bed while Jinyoung sat on Jackson’s. The boy’s eyes were swollen from all the crying, his nose was red. “PD-nim yelled at me,” he finally said.

He yelled at YOU? Why?”

Well, he yelled at us... Jaebum-hyung and I... he said that we weren’t taking this seriously. We’re debuting in few months yet we show no improvement... I kept messing up the rap part,” Jinyoung sniffled, trying so hard not to cry again, “And Jaebum kept forgetting his steps. Then PD-nim yelled and told us that maybe we weren’t ready to debut.” A tear crept down Jinyoung’s cheek, “What if he’s right, Mark-hyung...? What if he kick me out instead? What if...”

That’s not going to happen and you know it,” Mark tried to comfort the younger, absentmindedly rubbing the younger’s knee to soothe him. “You’re just having an off day, but you and Jaebum will pull through. You guys will debut, and when you do, me and Jackson are going to cheer for you the loudest.” Jinyoung managed to chuckle and Mark was glad that he could at least cheer his friend up a bit.

Jinyoung wiped the tears with the sleeves of his arm, “Same goes to you, hyung,” he said, “You’ll debut too, and I’ll root for you then.”

Mark smirked, shrugging his shoulder casually. “Maybe,” That dream, of him debuting God knows as what, was still too far away. He never even wanted to vision it in his head, too affraid that he’d want it and would be too heartbroken when it didn’t come true. “Honestly, I just want to go home...”

You miss home?”

The older boy nodded, “I miss my parents... and I want to be home. Maybe play basketball and hang out with friends...” Mark trailed.

I miss home too,” Jinyoung admitted, he moved over to Mark’s bed. “Everything is all moving so fast that sometimes I forgot I’m only seventeen... that I could be home right now, going to school or something. I could fish with my father at the dock. I could stargaze in my backyard,” he told the older.

That sounds nice,” Mark said wistfully. He lay down on the bed, Jinyoung lay down with him. He reached over and bravely squeezed the younger boy’s hand. “But seriously Jinyoung. You have nothing to worry about. I wish I could sing and dance like you do.”

Jinyoung his side to face Mark. “But you’re so good at martial arts, hyung. I could never do a tumble or flip like you do.”

Mark studied Jinyoung’s face, memorizing every single dimple and crinkle on his eyes that he has when he smile. “I can help you with that... martial arts, if you want.”

Really?”

Mark nodded, “Anytime you want.”

Then I’ll help you with your Korean lessons,” Jinyoung promised.

Thank you,” the older chuckled.

No, hyung. Thank you.”

If you ever need anyone... you know... just come and get me. Even if it’s three in the morning and all you wanted to do was go and get ice cream,” Mark said, trying to hide the fact that he was blushing. “I’ll always be there for you.”

Jinyoung smiled, “Thank you, Mark-hyung,” he whispered, eyes were already half closed.

Mark glanced at him, “Sleepy?” Jinyoung just hummed in reply. “You want to sleep here instead?”

Can I?” the younger squeaked.

Of course. I don’t think the guys will mind anyway. Besides, I can bunk in with Jackson.-“

No,” Jinyoung stopped Mark, holding his hand so suddenly that Mark’s heart nearly fell out of his chest, “Stay? Please...”

Mark could feel his heart literally skipped a beat that very moment. He could never say no to that face, how could he when Jinyoung’s face was so puffy and pouty like that? “O,okay,” he stuttered, lying back on his bed. Jinyoung pressed dangerously close against his body. He continued to look at Jinyoung, watching the younger falling asleep, before he finally drifted and closed his eyes.

 

*********

 

Mark reached up and touched the strand of hair that hung above the younger’s eyebrows.  Jinyoung murmured in his sleep, scrunching down under the covers until he was barely visible.  His arms were still wrapped around Mark, and the older smiled.  Jinyoung could be very clingy when he sleeps, sticking to Mark’s body everytime and trying to get as close as humanly possible.  Mark ran his hand through those dark locks, trying to erase the worry from Jinyoung’s face.  The sun was sneaking through the blinds, and one thin ray seemed to illuminate Jinyoung’s head like a halo. Mark sighed. This was his angel. This was the way it was supposed to be.

But unfortunately it wasn’t always like this.  Instead of getting easier, it had only gotten harder as they got more and more famous.  There was less free time, and any time they could get was precious. Since those dreadful days during their trainee years, Jinyoung and Mark had only gotten closer, and Mark had done everything in his power keep his promise to stand by Jinyoung.

 

*********

 

Mark did debut.

With a lot of hardwork, through hell and high water, Mark made it. Surprisingly enough, he debuted with Jinyoung. He could never forget the look on Jinyoung’s face the day they announced that the both of them were debuting in the same group together. A new boy group consisting of seven boys. GOT7.

Things progressed. Slowly but steadily, the gained fame.GOT7 who had always been shadowed by their sunbae’s names under the same company had now made a name for themselves. They made albums after albums and toured to several countries.

They were exhausted. But they didn’t care since it was their dream.

The only downside with being famous, for Mark, was that there were always camera following them. Their lives documented unwilingly under the lenses. Every single move they made, every rash decision, it could end their carriers just like that. They had no more privacy for themselves.

Even efter years Mark could never get used to it.

Unfortunately it happened way too often to Mark’s liking. Cameras flashing on their faces, news being made up, and the gossips. The latest gossip that the caught the world attention was one about Jinyoung.

It was riddiculous and pissed the hell out of Mark.

So we’re just going to talk about your latest album, promote your album, and talk about the times you’ve spent touring okay?” the MC said as he passed around the cue card to each members. They were making an appearance on a daytime talkshow and they were about to go on live in a view minutes. It was usual for the PD and the MC to prep them first for what’s yet to come.

We’re also going to talk about that rumour about you and Nayeon, okay?” the MC pointed at Jinyoung.

Mark whipped his head so fast towards the MC his neck could’ve broken. Jinyoung frowned, showing discomfort as the whole group also fell into an awkward silence. “I,I’m sorry, what?”

It’s the hottest gossip right now, you and Nayeon,” the MC repeated himself, “we have to talk about that.”

I,I don’t... I’m not,-“

Isn’t there something more relevant you can talk about?” Mark asked all of the sudden, his tone harsh and the annoyance showed clearly on his face, “I mean, Jinyoung’s doing a new drama. Can’t you just mention that?”

Most of them were stunned. Mark was never the one who cared much to state his opinion. Jaebum grew a bit weary, fearing that Mark’s words would cause trouble, while Jinyoung shot his eldest hyung a grateful look.

Thankfully, the MC casually took no offense and casually waved it off, “Sure, we can talk about that instead. His newest drama had high ratings after all,” he smiled before sauntering off to the stage.

 

Why don’t you just come out about it?” Jackson asked as they all climbed intotheir van.

Come out about what, exactly?” Jinyoung asked back.

About you and Nayeon of course! I mean, we didn’t know you were dating, but we have our assumptions since the two of you have been so close together lately.”

Jinyoung sighed, “Because there is NO Nayeon and I, okay?” he finally said. “The company thought, since inner-company pairings got positive reaction from fans, and actually gained them profits, they decided to make up another couple. Fans have been dying for one of us to date someone from TWICE anyways... and since I’m so close to Nayeon, PD-nim thought spreading the rumours would do us some good...” he explained, gazing out the windong. “Besides... it’s easier than telling the truth....”

And what is the truth?” Bambam asked curiously.

None of your business,” Mark jumped into the conversation. “If Jinyoung wanted you guys to know, he’ll tell you already. Untill then,” he pulled Bambam back to his seat, “Shush.” Jinyoung smiled gratefully at his favorite hyung, but Mark just ignored him.

The rest of the drive back home was quiet. They were all too tired to make a fuss anyway. Once they reached the dorm, Jinyoung suddenly pulled Mark aside, “Can I talk to you for a moment?”

Mark shrugged, taking off his coat. “Shoot.”

Alone.”

Mark gave another shrug, ignoring the weird looks his other members gave the pair as they walked to Jinyoung’s private room. Once Mark closed the door behind him and made sure that everyone else was out of earshot, he finally faced the younger. “What do you want to talk about?”

About Nayeon,” Jinyoung said. “I didn’t think it was going to blow up like this, hyung. I really don’t want this. You know that, right?”

Mark wasn’t sure what to say really. At first, hearing the rumor, it gave him mixed feeling. He had known that Jinyoung had a close friendship ever since they were trainees. Mark knew, he was there to witness it all. But he never knew to what extent. Yet, he felt a little jealous... and maybe betrayed. Because if Jinyoung really was dating Nayeon, then what the hell have they been doing all this time?

All the warm hugs that lingered a bit too long, all the kisses on the cheeks he gave every single night before going to sleep, all the attention he had given to Jinyoung. Was that just nothing? Have Mark misread the whole situation?

I don’t know actually,” Mark replied. “And I seriously don’t care that much... it’s your life, Jinyoung.”

Do you really mean what you’re saying, Mark hyung? That you don’t care?” Jinyoung ask, his face turned sad.

The older man sighed, “I will always care when it comes to you, Jinyoung... you know that,” he said, putting a comforting hand on Jinyoung’s arm.

Jinyoung then suddenly took Mark’s hand and held it tight, surprising the older, “What if I don’t want to be with her?”

What?”

What if I don’t want to be with Nayeon?” he repeated. Jinyoung brought up Mark’s hand and kissed the back of his palm, “What if I want someone who has always been there for me all these years?”

Mark’s breath hitched. His lungs suddenly forgotten how to breathe and his heart beat a tad bit faster. Whas this really happening? “Jinyoung, I...”

Jinyoung’s face fell, “It’s just... I thought of you, us, so much lately... every time I’m sad or afraid... you were always there for me, hyung. And for years I’ve wondered why, before I found the answer. That maybe you love me that much to always be there for me. And I’ve realized now that I also love you...” the younger sighed, “B,but if I’m wrong... then I’m sorry and maybe we should just,-“

Mark put a finger on Jinyoung’s lips to stop him from speaking, “Jinyoungie,” he said, “I swear to you, as sure as I’m standing here infront of you, you are most definitely right,” he smiled.

Really? Y,you mean,-“

I love you. Now shut up and kiss me.” Mark pulled Jinyoung buy the collar and finally brought their lips together. After waiting and wondering for years, Jinyoung’s lips were the sweetest thing Mark has ever tasted.

 

*********

 

“You’re watching me sleep again,” Jinyoung murmured with eyes still closed, interrupting Mark from his train of nostalgia.

Smiling, Mark just carressed his hand on the sleeping man’s cheeks, “I cannot help it. You look beautiful even when you’re sleeping,” he said, “But you look worried...”

Jinyoung sighed, shifting himself so he was now lying on Mark’s chest. “I am,” the raven haired man admitted, “I’m afraid, Mark. What if they hate me?”

Staring at the ceiling, Mark rubbed small circles on Jinyoung’s back, “They probably will... and they’ll say hateful things about you, me, and what we believe in. But we can handle it.”

“I want the world to know,” Jinyoung said, “I want them to know about us.”

Mark smiled once more. Ever since they got together, both Mark and Jinyoung had told all the important people in their lifes. The members were surprised when they found out but they’ve seen it coming. Their parents, especially Jinyoung’s, took some time but they eventually came around. It was more than enough for Mark.

But Jinyoung wanted the whole world to know. Because he had enough of the rumors about him. Rumors that weren’t even close to being true. So when Jinyoung made the decision to announce their relationship, Mark was determined to always stay by his side. Just like he promised years ago.

“Then we’ll tell them. And you won’t be doing it alone. You’ll walk up to the stage, face the cameras, and you’ll say the words. I’ll be right there with you every step of the way,” Mark planted a soft kiss on Jinyoung’s forehead, “Just like I always have.”

“I love you, Mark Tuan,” Jinyoung sighed, burrowing himself in the safety of Mark’s embrace.

“I love you too, Park Jinyoung.”

 

When Jinyoung went to the press the next day, Mark was there as he promised. The older waited backstage as he proudly watched his boyfriend announcing their relationship to the whole world. No matter what the outcomes might be, they will always stay by each other. And no matter what the outcome, Mark was ready to surprise Jinyoung a tiny velvet box the minute he got off the stage.