Happy Holidays, KpopOwl

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2016 [News update from the 2017.07.01]

Gift for KpopOwl

Gift from ???

Title of the Gift: My Crush Was Two-Sided After All

Pairing(s): Main pairing 2Jae, side pairings YugBam and MarkJin

How many words: 9,154

Rating: pg13

Warnings: none

Note to my giftee: Sorry I couldn't write that well about


 

My Crush Was Two-Sided After All

 

 

Youngjae POV Present (Sophomore Year)

 

I wouldn’t want to say that I was a creep but at this point I think I am and my friends also agree that I have been creeping for too long on my crush.

But it’s not creepy to have a crush on someone who barely knows you exist or who probably does because he sees you around campus. And that is because you know some parts of his schedule and try to find him at those times. Also because he turned out to be an RA for the dorm you’re living in.

Right now I am sitting in the library that he works at the front desk on from 1pm-4pm waiting for him to show up. My last class ended at 12:15 but ever since I found out he worked there (from my great friend Jackson who studies there), I go from class to the café in front of the front desk so that I can stare and do homework. Well who am I kidding. I am just staring at him being concentrated on checking books in and his pretty smile he flashes at customers.

I have a class in 20 minutes and it takes 15 minutes to get there but I am still sitting staring at him. Once he almost caught me staring and I almost fell of my chair trying to duck from him. It just was not going well to avoid him this much and stalk him at the same time.

I zoned out again staring at him focusing on his computer, probably on Facebook because it says he’s online, until my friend texted me asking my location.

I sighed and packed up my laptop and books and homework that had laid untouched back in my bag and headed out to meet my friend to go to class together.

I put in headphones to pass the time it will take to walk across campus to my next class and the song Hopeless Love by Park Jimin came on.

I sighed realizing I related too much to the song and tried to think back to when this entire crush started.

 

(Freshman Year for Youngjae and Sophomore year for Jaebum)

 

Freshman year of college Youngjae entered and wanted to join a club and since he liked singing and dancing but knew he wasn’t super great and didn’t want to audition for any dance clubs but auditioned for singing clubs so he joined the simple ones. Such as the School Choir and their sub acapella group and the K-pop dance cover group. But being in the one dance group led him to meet more and more people in the dance community on campus and over campus since his team performed at a lot of events. However, it was in spring semester, at one of the socials for all the dance clubs he saw him. His long dark hair was pushed back to reveal his beautiful expansive forehead and he looked so chic and y not fully smiling at his friends but had a small smirk plastered on his face as they conversed. That was day Youngjae was fixated.

He asked other people in his group if they knew who he was. And there it was.

Im Jaebum. Sophomore. Philosophy major. President of Breakfree the dance group that does their own choreography and is pretty exclusive. His specialty was b-boying.

The rest of the party was spent with him sending quick glances his way or just openly staring. He was sad when the night was over and he couldn’t stalk the guy to find out where he lived because he had promised to learn a new dance with his hyung Jinyoung in the practice room after. He sighed at his responsibilities and wrote off Im Jaebum as a person he won’t ever encounter again.

Two months after that party Youngjae didn’t see Im Jaebum ever again. He inwardly knew it was good to be true so instead he focused on his own school work and dances to learn.

However, it was when the last month of school was coming in and he was preparing for the three showcases of his dance group and choir and acapella group, he realized that Breakfree was also having a dance showcase and God knows that was the fastest he had ever bought tickets for anything. He was so grateful that theirs was before his so that he could see that and then do his comfortably.

He thought it was too much to make a fansign for a guy he didn’t even know and just went to his school so instead he just went 1 hour early to the event space so that he could have front row seats.

Well he was wrong if he thought that would work.

He didn’t realize how popular Breakfree was and other people were already in line in front of the venue an hour ahead of time with fansigns for individual members but mostly for Jaebum. Youngjae felt stupid for thinking that would work but he joined the line nonetheless and ended up in the 5th row in the middle. Still relatively good seats he would believe.

After that night, Youngjae was bordering on obsessed with his crush on Jaebum.

 

 

Jaebum POV same time in the past

 

It all started from that dumb social that my group required me to be at because I was president but God was I ever so grateful I decided to go.

It was that night I saw one of the most angelic looking human beings. He looked so polite and had such a cute sunshine smile that caused crescent eyes. I was sure I have never seen him in any dance groups around campus before. In between looking cute like a little otter, the way he on his straw for his juice and then his lips after made Jaebum want other things for those lips to do.

He nudged one of his friends, Mark who was fixated on watching another guy there to get his attention, and nodded his head in the direction of the boy.

“Choi Youngjae. He’s a freshman, Theatre and Film major. He joined Choir, After Eight and the K-pop dance group Emotion. He’s a cutie that a lot of people have joined both clubs to be around. Why? Are you interested?” Mark said.

“Do you personally know him?”

“I met him at Mid-Autumn Festival and Korean Language Program Noraebang contest last semester. So kind of but not really? New crush already?” Mark teased.

“More of an attraction. Something makes me want to be the person to ruin that innocence.”

“JB, at some point one of your “attractions” will lead to you actually falling for someone.”

“Like you have for that guy you’ve never talked to for 2 years. I’m not that pathetic. I’ve never been in love and I don’t plan on it either.”

“Whatever dude. And don’t bring Jinyoung into this.”

Jaebum rolled his eyes at the elder and threw glances at Youngjae often his lips. This one might just be one of his favorites.

 

To find out more about Youngjae he secretly attended all three of his showcases and grabbed his new freshman lackey who just joined Breakfree, Yugyeum, who wanted to up to him to come with him. He watched how gracefully yet sometimes fierce the way Youngjae danced. Jaebum thought that his dancing skill was worthy enough to be in Breakfree but he didn’t think he could deal with being in the same group and seeing Youngjae at every practice. Just watching the way he smiled when he messed up, or the way when he had so much fun he started sticking his tongue out, Jaebum was caught in Youngjae’s passionate dancing and it just made him want him more and more. Then his voice. It was like a taste of heaven on earth and his body was pulled towards him as strong as the force of gravity. Youngjae was definitely a new fixation. Jaebum knew he was a bit screwed because he had never felt this attracted to anyone else.

Youngjae POV. Present

 

“Great you’re here! I thought you were going to skip to go spy on that crush of yours” his friend Jackson teased as he nudged him.

“I wouldn’t skip class. I already ran out of my maximum of skips from staring at him anyways.” Youngjae retorted pouting.

Jackson pinched his cheeks. “Awe my little Youngjae’s is all pouty and cute. Cheer up. I’m sure he’ll notice you at some point.”

Youngjae scowled and took his friends hands off his cheeks and pushed him gently.

“Let’s just go to class already. We’re late.” Effectively shutting Jackson up and dragging him to the classroom.

 

During lecture, Youngjae was bored and was scrolling through Jaebum’s timeline on Facebook.

Jackson after a while saw that Youngjae had stopped typing and instead had a silly smile on his face.

“Ya!” he whispered screamed to Youngjae who jumped regardless of how low Jackson’s voice. “When did you work up the balls to friend JB on Facebook?”

“It just happened...” Youngjae muttered not wanting to remember that night in the least because that was the worst way to ever first talk to your crush.

 

Earlier in the Fall semester.

Youngjae had found out Jaebum was a part of a fraternity called Pi Delta Psi and decided that for once in his life he was going to go to a frat party and of course he easily convinced Jackson to tag along who also brought along his dongsaeng in freshman year Bambam.

The three of them dressed up to be a little bit more appetizing which for Youngjae just meant skinny jeans with rips and a tight fitting shirt while Jackson wore a sleeveless shirt and leather pants and Bambam just dressed like Bambam because as long as Youngjae has known the boy he looked like he walked out of a fashion show or was ready to party at any time.

Jackson had forced both of them to take 3 shots of vodka so that by the time they got to the party they would be more loose and open to dancing and flirting.

Youngjae didn’t know that it was Jackson’s plan all along to get both Bambam and Youngjae with their crushes in Breakfree who were both going to be at that party, Yugyeum and JB.

Long story short, Youngjae got drunk for the first time in his life and could barely function and of course who he turned to in his drunk state just happened to be Jaebum.

“Jaebummiiiiiieeeee” he whined when he caught sight of his crush and hugged his arm.

Jaebum looked really confused and shocked “Youngjae? Youngjae are you ok? How much did you have to drink tonight?”

“Whatttt? You know my nameeeee?” Youngjae hiccupped.

Jaebum realized he ed up and changed the topic. “Did you come with friends? Where are they?”

“Dunno. Haven’t seen them in…..” Youngjae glances at his watch “A long time.” He finished and giggled.

Jaebum looked at him and his eyes flickered as if he was making a hard decision.

“Come on Youngjae, I’ll take you home.”

“You don’t know where I live...” Youngjae protested.

“I’m an RA for your dorm this year. I know where you live. Come on!” Jaebum said ushering Youngjae to the room where all the guests put their jackets.

“What! How did I not know this? I could have just...walked to the next building and seen you instead of...hic...watching you at the library.” Youngjae muttered upset.

“Wait…you do what?” Jaebum asked surprised as to why Youngjae would ever watch him at the library when he doesn’t know him.

Youngjae stayed quiet and just clung to his arm to walk properly.

“Youngjae? Youngjae?” Jaebum slightly nudged the boy leaning on his arm to make him open his eyes.

“Mmn?”

Jaebum tried to ignore how much that sound sounded like a delicious moan from the younger. “Did you bring a jacket with you?”

“No…I don’t think so…. It’s so hot here….” Youngjae murmured.

Jaebum just sighed and took his jacket from a couch and draped it over Youngjae’s shoulders.

“Wow, you’re being nice. Here I thought you would be cold because you’re so neomu chic and y.”

Jaebum for the first time felt himself blush from the words from Youngjae’s mouth coupled with the glazed over eyes from his smiling face. He needed to get himself together.

“Come on, let’s get you home.” Jaebum said and coughed and looked away not wanting to look into Youngjae’s eyes that had the same gloss as someone lost in lust. “Where’s your phone? Call one of your friends.”

“Don’t wanna!”

“Give me your phone.”

“Whyyyyy?”

“So I can give you my number.”

Youngjae quickly reached in his pocket and fished out his phone to give to Jaebum.

Jaebum immediately typed in his number in his contacts and quickly called himself. Then added himself on Facebook.

“It doesn’t take that long to do that….” Youngjae complained. Even drunk he was still smart.

“Give me a minute.” Jaebum said and then he looked through his contacts and called his most recently messaged person.

That person was unavailable.

He called the second person and they were also unavailable.

“Yah! Who are you calling with my phoneee?” Youngjae whined and to shut him up Jaebum pulled him into a hug and rubbed his back soothingly which easily shut the younger boy up as he settled on his chest.

Jaebum willed his heart to calm down while he called the fourth and fifth person and got the same response. He then gave up and slipped the phone back in Youngjae’s pocket.

Jaebum tried to tug Youngjae off his chest but the boy wouldn’t budge. “Let’s go, I’ll take you home.”

“I don’t wanna walk home.”

“Do you want to be carried home then?” he asked sarcastically.

But Youngjae’s face lit up and he reached out his arms and pouted. “Pwease Jaebummie.”

Jaebum’s widened in shock as he stared at the y Youngjae that was there a second ago disappear into a cute baby-like pouting Youngjae. The look combined with the innocence of his statement made him blush again for the second time because it threw him off. Choi Youngjae what are you doing to me….

“Jaebummie….” He whined again.

“Just reminding you Choi Youngjae. You don’t know me and I don’t know you but you’re asking for a piggy back ride?”

He nodded cutely and Jaebum realized he was too drunk to think rationally so he just got down on his knee and turned around and waited till Youngjae was settled around him to stand up.

The sudden change in height made Youngjae gasp which made Jaebum freeze because the breath from his mouth ran against his neck and ear causing goosebumps to spread all of his body.

He took a deep breath to try and calm his body as Youngjae fixed his position so that his arms were wrapped around his neck and his face lied on his shoulder.

He held Youngjae’s legs closer to him and readied himself for a perilous journey back to their dorm.

It didn’t help him at all that he wasn’t sober either and all his blood kept wanting to stay away from his brain go to other places.

“Ya Im Jaebum.” Youngjae slur whispered into his ear making Jaebum almost trip on an invisible object.

“Hmm?” he hummed in response forcing his body to just calm the hell down.

“I don’t know…..I don’t know if I’ll remember this….but if I don’t, I just want to say thank you now.” Youngjae stated slowly.

Jaebum again found his heart racing and was thinking of an answer when he heard the deep breathing of Youngjae next to his ear.

“Youngjae?” he asked. No answer

“Hey are you awake?” No answer.

Jaebum sighed with how troublesome a drunk Youngjae could be but he found himself smiling because it was also really cute.

Jaebum carried Youngjae all the way to his single room and then tried opening the door realized it was locked.

“Damn it.”

Jaebum then shifted Youngjae from off his back into bridal position and then used one hand to pat Youngjae’s pockets to find his keys.

They weren’t in his shirt pockets, or the front pockets of his pants. Jaebum sighed before realizing where they must be.

He reached under and patted both perky cheeks of Youngjae’s peach which made so many inappropriate thoughts run through his mind. The second cheek had his keys and Jaebum couldn’t lie that he didn’t enjoy reaching into those pockets for the keys.

He picked back up Youngjae in one hand and then used the other to open his door.

He dropped Youngjae on his bed who immediately curled up as if he was there all along. He stood up straight and stretched his back which cracked. Jaebum looked at the boy cutely asleep on the bed and realized that he gratefully wasn’t as heavy as he ever thought he was.

With one last look at Youngjae, before his temptation could take over to stay he left the room.

 

Present

 

“What do you mean it just happened?”

“I don’t really remember much from the night either Jackson. I just remember I was with him and when I woke up there were anti-hangover pills and water and when I checked my phone I had his number and as friends with him on Facebook.

“Don’t forget you called me too.”

“Whatever. You weren’t the only one I called that night.”

“What do you mean? I’m your best friend. I should be the only person you call when drunk.” Jackson pouted and Youngjae rolled his eyes.

“In order I called Jaebum, you, Jinyoung hyung, Nickhyun hyung, Bambam, and Mark.”

“Mark?” Jackson questioned with his brows furrowed. “Why would you call him? When did you guys get close?”

“Well he approached me at the beginning of this year and I thought it was a good idea to hang out with people in Breakfree if I wanted to at some point get close to JB.”

“Smart.”

“That’s why we’re at the top university.” Youngjae responded smirking and with a wink.

 

“Jackson and Youngjae, if you are just going to talk throughout my lecture please take your leave now.” Their professor suddenly called out to them causing both of them to apologize and flush with embarrassment and go back to taking notes.

 

After their class ended they both left to go to the dining hall where they had planned to meet Bambam and Jinyoung. They spotted the two sitting together chatting away happily and they greeted them with big smiles on their faces.

“Did something happen while we were in class?” Youngjae asked puzzled from seeing them so smiley and settled into the seat next to Jinyoung.

“Bambam worked up the guts to ask Yugyeum to eat with us at dinner today. He should be here any minute now.” Jinyoung said proudly ruffling Bambam’s hair.

“Hyung~” Bambam whined. “I spent time styling it this morning.”

“You spend time styling it every morning.” Jinyoung teased back sticking his tongue out at the younger.

Jackson proudly swung his arm around Bambam and playfully headlocked him. “Becoming a man already? Mn?” Jackson playfully teased and we all laughed along except I had some bitterness in mine. Bambam is making steps with his crush in Breakfree why couldn’t I?

“Youngjae?” a voice questioned and he looked up to see Mark shyly standing there.

“Mark hyung? Hey, how’s it going?”

“Good, I was just wondering if I could sit with you. Jaebum said he would be late cuz of a class but I don’t want to eat alone.” Mark muttered while glancing from him to in front of him where Jinyoung was sitting also staring at Mark.

Youngjae looked around at his friends who gave him a shrug as to say they don’t mind, well, all except Jinyoung whose ears had started to turn a bit pink at the sight of Mark.

“Yea sure, of course you can hyung.” Youngjae said smiling to Mark after giving Jinyoung a weird stare.

Mark sat in front of Jinyoung and they shared a long stare before looking away from each other and Youngjae made a mental note to ask his hyungs about this later. Bambam and Jackson also had awkward faces on not knowing what to say and it just registered that they didn’t know each other.

“By the way guys, this is Mark, he is in Breakfree.” Youngjae said to introduce him causing Mark to blush and wave it off muttering in English that he didn’t have to add the last part.

“Yes I did.” Youngjae told him back in English and then went back to Korean. “And Mark, these are my friends Bambam, Jackson and Jinyoung, they are all in Emotion with me and Jinyoung is in After Eight and Choir with me as well.” He made sure to say Jinyoung’s name last and as he expected there was another stare shared between the two.

“It’s nice to meet you guys.” He said shyly while just staring at Jinyoung. “So you sing and dance then huh?” he asked not really directed to anyone but Jinyoung knew it was him and just nodded in response and Mark muttered “that’s cool” and they both flushed again. Jackson, Bambam and I shared confused glances but we didn’t know how to change it till Jackson being the social person he was broke the awkward silence.

“So Mark. That’s a foreign name. Where are you from?” Jackson asked so straightforwardly.

“I moved here from LA four years ago to come to university here.” Mark responded finally shifting his attention away from Jinyoung to the other two.

“Wow dude that’s cool. So you’re a senior?” Bambam asked.

Mark nodded.

“Bambam and I are both international. I’m a sophomore from Hong Kong and” “I’m from Thailand and a freshman” Bambam cut in to respond for himself.

Mark flashed them one of his killer smiles and they all fell in awe of how pretty he was. “Nice to know I’m not alone.”

Luckily just then another voice called out. “Mark hyung? What are you doing here?”

They all turned their attention to Yugyeum who just walked up to the table with his food.

“Yugyeum ah?” Mark questioned.

“Yugyeum you came!” Bambam shouted and got up from his seat to greet Yugyeum with a hug who hugged him back with one hand since his other hand food. Yugyeum then sat next to Jinyoung and across from Bambam who was beaming with happiness and a pink dusting his cheeks.

How Youngjae envied him.

“Guys, this is Yugyeum. These are my friends Jackson, Youngjae, Jinyoung, Bambam and you already know Mark I see.”

“Yea, we’re in Breakfree together.” Mark responded.

“I’m glad we chose one of the longer tables. Nice to meet you kiddo.” Jinyoung said with a small smile. The first words he spoke since Mark joined the table and Youngjae found it weird since he was one of the talkative hyungs.

“Nice to meet you all too.” Yugyeum said bowing.

(Seating Chart is like this)

Mark

Jackson

Bambam

Jinyoung

Youngjae

Yugyeum

 

After the introductions were done, the awkwardness atmosphere passed and they all began to converse normally as if they had all been friends all along. Just joking around and talking while eating. It was all going well until Jaebum ran up to Mark after seeing the distant bright blonde hair hugging him.

“Mianhae Chingu-ah” he said breathlessly with his eyes closed hence he didn’t see the others at the table who stared at him wide eyes. “I’m so sorry I’m late. Sorry for making you eat alone. DUDE. I’m so tired, I ran all the way here.” He panted out with his eyes still squeezed shut.

Mark smiled apologetically at the others then patted Jaebum’s hands and said “Its ok, I’m not eating alone….”

It was at that line JB pulled away from the hug and stepped back finally opening his eyes and seeing the crowded table. He cleared his throat and tried to seem cool again but he was already pink from the exertion and now from embarrassment. “I didn’t see that…Sorry.”

“President? Why are you here?” Yugyeum asked and that is when JB decided to take a good look at who was at the table and it turned out that Youngjae just had to be there too but he was hidden between a good looking guy he didn’t know and Yugyeum.

“Ah I was supposed to have dinner with Mark, but I came late. I should have known you were popular enough to have friends to eat with besides me.” Jaebum said to Mark a bit chastising and Youngjae couldn’t help but smile because Jaebum was a lot dorkier than he let on.

Mark just smiled and shrugged. “I actually just met half of them today.”

At this Jaebum’s small eyes widened causing the good looking boy to snicker.

“What’s so funny?” he challenged looking at Jinyoung.

“Your expression is priceless.” Jinyoung said giggling to himself and covering his mouth as he usually does with his eyes crinkling. “Look look look, it’s getting even funnier looking.” He teased as blunt as ever.

Mark looked amused at Jinyoung and Jaebum just looked plain out offended and almost got upset.

“Yah, Jinyoung hyung….” Youngjae said to Jinyoung to stop him.

Jinyoung put up his hands in surrender playfully to Youngjae then turned back to Jaebum. “You can pull up a chair and join us instead of standing there like a deer in headlights. We’re not dangerous, just strangers.”

“Jinyoung hyung!” Youngjae said again giving him the look of stopping it because that was his crush and his mouth formed a small “O” and Mark cooed over how cute that expression was.

“You…” JB glared at Jinyoung. “You’re lucky Mark hyung has a cru-” JB’s words were cut off by Mark quickly standing and putting his hand over his mouth.

“He-Hey, no need to say unnecessary things. Lemme grab a chair for you.” Mark said sending a stern glare at him before going off to fetch an unused chair from another table to pull up to the booth that they were all sitting at. Leaving the rest of the table confused.

Once they were all seated. Jaebum regretfully next to both Jinyoung and Mark since Youngjae was on the inside.

“Ah…well this just got back awkward after it just got unawkward.” Jackson stated. “Reintroductions?” he questioned but didn’t even give any time before going “I’m Jackson Wang, from Hong Kong, Sophomore. In Emotion and an English major. Captain of the fencing club”

That started the chain line and as he gestured to Bambam to go next. “Ah…I guess we’re doing this again. I’m Bambam from Thailand and a freshman. I’m also in Emotion and a Fashion Design major.”

“Hyung you already know me so can I skip my introductions?” Yugyeum looked pleadingly at JB but just got expectant stares from everyone at the table so he sighed. “Kim Yugyeum. Sophomore. Dance major in Breakfree with those two.” He said gesturing to the other side of the table where his sunbaes sat.

It was Youngjae’s turn and he had been staying silent for a long time. Just wondering how lucky he was that he got to eat dinner with his crush. Just what kind of perfect world was it that he could be this close to JB. That it was such a small world where he could meet him in such a casual setting that turned from a dinner with his friends to everyone being with their crush in Breakfree. Today was such a good day…

Jinyoung nudged him and took him out of his staring at JB stupor and he blushed severely.

“Ah sorry. Yea. I’m Choi Youngjae. Theatre and Film major, sophomore as well. And I’m in Emotion with these three and in Choir and After Eight with Jinyoung hyung.” He said smiling with the blush still evident on his cheeks. Once he worked up the courage to look up at JB he saw him smirking at him and he looked away wondering why he wanted the ground to swallow him up.

Jinyoung opened his mouth to start a sassy introduction to JB but he was met with a gaze from Mark which stopped him before he even started.

He looked away. “Park Jinyoung. Junior. Education major. Youngjae already stated what clubs I’m in except that I am the president of Emotion and After Eight.”

Jaebum looked surprised at the news and Jinyoung saw the obvious shock and rolled his eyes. “What? Am I exceeding your expectations?”

Youngjae was almost about to hit his hyung to stop him but it was the first time he saw these many expressions coming from JB and it made him pleased that Jinyoung could bring this out of someone who usually had such a cool composure.

JB was going to say something back but Mark kicked him gently under the table knowing how savage JB could be as well. “No you just don’t seem like that type of person to be in charge.” JB still said savagely and Youngjae was so entertained that there was someone as savage as Jinyoung in this world.

Jackson, Bambam and Yugyeum all oohed and commented savage and diss at the comment and there was a small stare battle between the two till Youngjae interrupted. “Jaebum it’s your turn.” He said.

Jaebum finally looked away from Jinyoung who looked ready to kick him to Youngjae who gave him a shy smile which made whatever annoyance he had disappear. “Im Jaebum. Junior…as well.” He said glancing at Jinyoung. “Philosophy major and president of Breakfree.”

“And to finish this up, I’m Mark Tuan, from LA. Senior doing an independent major. Ex-president of Breakfree and current president of the Martial Arts club.”

At this Jinyoung’s anger went away into staring admiringly at Mark who gave him back a shy look.

Jackson then cleared his throat. “Well now that we all know each other. Back to what we were talking about before Jaebum here showed up. So this haunted house that the Pi house is holding. You guys have to come with me!!”

“Wait you guys know about the haunted house were doing at our frat? Info hasn’t been released yet...” JB trailed off.

“Yo dude you’re a brother there? That makes so much sense as to why after the party we went to there that you carried drunk Youngjae home.”

“Yah, why are you bringing that up?” Youngjae yelled out embarrassed.

“Ehh? Hyung you did that. I don’t believe you…” Yugyeum said to Jaebum.

Now both JB and Youngjae looked embarrassed.

“I knew I should have been suspicious when Jackson told me not to worry about where you guys were going that night…” Jinyoung muttered facepalming himself.

“JB, isn’t that the same night you came to my room asking what to do when you’re in a tempting situation?” Mark teased with his eyebrows raised.

JB looked up at Mark angrily then sent him a challenging stare that seemed to say “Are you sure you want to start releasing secrets?”

“Yea the same night you were showing me secret pictures you took of Jinyoung at the dance studio.”

“Yah!” Mark yelled.

“Woah woah woah...what is going on here?” Bambam questioned the flushing four at the other end of the table.

“You took pictures of me Mark hyung?” Jinyoung asked and Mark avoided his gaze.

“What do you mean tempting situation?” Youngjae asked innocently to Jaebum who also avoided his gaze.

“Welp that just got awkward.” Jackson stated with his eyes open. “but anyways back to what I was saying was we should go! Like together as a group! Well now that we all know each other and we have someone who is a brother there.”

JB and Mark mentally thanked Jackson for being able to change the topic back. But they were still met with their respective questioning gaze from Jinyoung and Youngjae.

“Ye-Yea. You guys are all welcome to come if you want.” Jaebum stuttered out and Youngjae was surprised at how much his cool demeanor fell apart at one dinner. But smiled because it was super cute and dorky and guessed it was only his friends that got to see him like this. Jaebum just happened to glance at Youngjae who was flashing his sunshine smile to him and he felt like he couldn’t breathe and his heart was racing for the second time that day and it wasn’t from the running. What was happening to him.

“Alright its settled. We’re going!!” Jackson yelled happily causing the awkward atmosphere to go away. They were finally able to settle into a normal conversation that made all the weird statements and confessions from earlier seem to never happen. Soon though the dining hall was closing so they exchanged phone numbers and added each other on Facebook.

When they all got outside to bid each other goodbye they found out that Mark also lived with Jackson and Bambam in the International Living Dorm and walked home together. Jinyoung and Yugyeum both lived off campus in apartments but they were invited to visit the dorm with the rest of them so they both walked with the other 3. And that left Jaebum and Youngjae to walk back to the high rise dorm they both lived in together.

 

Youngjae’s heart was racing as to this was the first time he was stuck in a situation like this and there was a weird atmosphere hanging over them as they started the 15 min walk to their dorm.

The silence was almost heavy as they were walking really close to each other and every time their shoulder’s brushed against each other he couldn’t help but gasp. This was too much for him.

“Are you cold?” Jaebum’s voice finally cut through the silence to ask him almost shocking him.

“A bit. Mostly just my hands.” He answered honestly.

Jaebum automatically reached for Youngjae’s hand and held it then put it inside his jacket pocket making Youngjae blush. The softness of Youngjae’s hand made him question what it would feel like if he could touch him in other places him making him blush as well but for inappropriate reasons.

“You should wear a jacket or at least gloves. It’s becoming late autumn.” Jaebum chastises.

“Yes hyung.” Youngjae said while staring at the ground because he didn’t trust his heart to look at him.

They walked the rest of the way to the dorm in silence holding hands and not really looking at each other but enjoying each other’s presence as their hearts raced.

Jaebum took their hands out of his pocket but kept them intertwined as he took out his ID to let them into the building. Youngjae was going to question it but before he did. Jaebum went to the elevator and pressed the button which Youngjae found weird since he lives on the first floor in the adjoining building.

When the elevator finally came they got in and Jaebum pressed the 10th floor button.

The doors closed slowly.

“Um Jaebum…” Youngjae started.

Jaebum looked at Youngjae, and seeing his pink cheeks went from letting go of his hands and holding his cheeks in his warm hands.

“You’re freezing…” Jaebum commented also not sure of what his body was doing but couldn’t stop it regardless.

Youngjae didn’t want to say he was red from blushing rather than the cold so he just stayed quiet with a shy smile on.

Jaebum then rested his forehead on Youngjae’s which almost made the younger boys heart explode with happiness.

“Take better care of yourself. You’re making me want to take care of you.” Jaebum confessed and his breath ghosted over Youngjae’s face making him blush even more and almost forgetting how to breathe.

“Jaebum?”

“Yea?” he answered with his forehead pressed against his.

“What was the tempting situation that Mark mentioned earlier?” he asked the question that had been stuck with him since dinner.

Jaebum sighed knowing he couldn’t get away from it even if he tried.

“Just something…” he muttered pulling away and looking into Youngjae’s eyes which made his heart constrict.

“Mmn?” Youngjae asked questioningly. Not knowing how much that small sound turned JB on since it sounded so close to a moan.

Jaebum finally just gave in to what his body wanted and leaned in to close the small space between them but before touching those delicate delectable lips muttered. “Just this.” And closed the small gap between them and kissed Youngjae.

God, he didn’t know kissing could feel like this. Jaebum had kissed many many people before but none of them felt like this and he was barely kissing Youngjae. Youngjae on the other hand had only dreamed of this moment for so long and it was his first kiss. He felt like he wanted to combust right then and there.

When Jaebum started to move lovingly across his lips he responded a bit too eagerly and held his shirt in small fists. Jaebum then let out a small grunt into the kiss and was about to deepen it when the elevator dinged signaling they made it to the 10th floor and they both sprung apart from each other covering their lips.

“Um.” Jaebum started but Youngjae just stared doe eyed at him before running out of the elevator to his room leaving Jaebum in the elevator.

“What the hell did I just do...” he questioned himself as he pressed the button to go back to the first floor and leaned his head against the wall of the elevator.

 

Youngjae on the other hand ran to his room and tossed himself in his pillow trying to figure out what the hell just happened to him.

He just held hands with Jaebum.

He just kissed Jaebum

HE JUST KISSED IM JAEBUM

WHAT THE HELL IS MY LIFE?!

Youngjae fanboyed rolling around on his bed smiling like an idiot hugging his pillow.

But stopped when he finally realized. Wait what does this mean? What does this change?

He put his fingers on his lips still feeling Jaebum’s warm ones on his.

Does this mean that Jaebum also likes him back?

 

Youngjae started feeling insecure and called the one person he knew could get him to understand.

“Hello? Youngjae-ah? Did something happen?” the voice asked concerned and just hearing it made his heart feel a bit more at ease.

“Uh, Jinyoung hyung…can we talk please?” he asked gently and he heard the other get up from wherever he was sitting.

“Yah Park Jinyoung where are you going?” he heard Jackson scream and with no answer from Jinyoung meant he just ignored him and walked away till the voices in the background disappeared into nothing. Youngjae was happy he had such a hyung that prized him over anything to just leave a social setting for him.

“I’m here. Do you want me to come over so we can talk?” Jinyoung asked concerned now that he was alone.

Youngjae smiled at his hyung’s willingness to come to him like he always did when he needed someone. But tonight he thinks he couldn’t face anyone.

“Yah, Youngjae? Are you still there? What’s wrong my baby?” Jinyoung asked motherly.

“I’m here hyung.”

“What happened?”

“Well…..um…..something…”

“And what is that something Youngjae?”

“Well….Jaebum and I….”

“Yes?” he asked patiently.

“We held hands….”

“Wow! That’s great Youngjae-ah. That means he could like you too!” Jinyoung said excitingly.

Those words threw back the hope in Youngjae’s heart. If Jinyoung thinks that from just hearing that then what will he say when I say the rest.

“That…That’s not all hyung…” he said tentatively biting his lip.

“Something else happened?” Jinyoung asked a bit too excited but he knew his hyung was just happy for him.

“Well….we also kissed…..”

“WOAHHHHH!!!”

Youngjae had to pull the phone away from his ear. “Youngjae-ah I’m coming over right now. You better let me in when I come.” Jinyoung said and Youngjae could hear his footsteps as he jogged back to wherever he was before.

“What hyung? Why?”

“I know you too well. This is big and I KNOW you are panicking and not knowing what to do next. Don’t worry, hyung will be there soon.”

“Hyung…” he said grateful he had someone in his life that understood him so well.

“Gosh, we need to talk so much.” He said as the other voices came back in the background.

“Jinyoung hyung you’re leaving already? Yea. (Youngjae smiled at Jinyoung’s short urgent responses) Who are you running to see? None of your business. Jinyoung-ah…” Youngjae listened and it seemed like Jinyoung was still with his friends from earlier since he heard Bambam’s Jackson’s and then finally Mark’s voice.

“I’ll call you when I get there ok? I’m hanging up.” Jinyoung said to him and Youngjae barely hummed a “Mmn hyung.” Before Jinyoung hung up.

 

He knew he had 10 minutes tops to himself before Jinyoung ran here from the others dorm. He lied there on his bed a bit calmer after hearing his hyung’s voice but now that it was back to being silent his mind shifted back to the kiss, and the hand holding, and the dinner and he wondered how it escalated so far so fast.

Does Jaebum really like him?

When could this possibly happen since the first time they talked was at the party and then truly got to know each other better just tonight at dinner.

Was he just attracted to him and didn’t like him back the way he liked him as well?

Youngjae’s heart deflated a bit at this.

What made him tempted to kiss him? Does that also mean that on the night that he was drunk he was tempted to kiss him then too?

His heart raced again and he couldn’t help the dumb grin that was on his face.

It was just then his phone rang scaring him off his bed. When he looked it was Jinyoung and he smiled smally to himself. He would have to commend Jinyoung on this new record of 6 minutes of what is meant to be a 15 minute trip.

He went downstairs to pick up his hyung which greeted him with a dumb smile and large hug.

He spent the night just talking to Jinyoung which helped because it erased all the insecurities he had about Jaebum and left him with just hope. Because it turned out that Jinyoung had asked Mark before running here about it and he had confided in him that Jaebum had liked him too and with that much evidence none of this could lead badly.

It was way after 2am before Jinyoung left Youngjae’s dorm. Leaving him happy and with no worries. Just nervousness and confidence of when Jaebum will confess to him or if he should do it first as well. Either way he was sure that there was going to be a good ending to this as he waved his hyung goodbye that night.

 

Days, leading to weeks had passed where Youngjae hadn’t heard from Jaebum and had made no effort to contact him either since he was so scared about doing so. He also had avoided the normal spots where he would be since he had known his schedule but that made it so much more difficult because seeing him and become such a large part of his life that he felt empty without seeing him.

Jinyoung being the only one that knew about this except Mark who had told Jinyoung that Jaebum told him, comforted him through this. He was so preoccupied with his own feelings that he barely remembered or registered that there was a strange relationship budding between those two.

Another “fun” thing that had happened during this was that Yugyeum and Bambam had started dating since they hung out more after that dinner and got closer and just connected as Bambam described it. Bambam just confessed first and they had been dating for a week now.

Youngjae felt so envious and Jinyoung couldn’t help but try to comfort his dongsaeng that needed him the most in this time. He was also upset at Jaebum for not reaching out to Youngjae either and this non-communication need to stop.

 

Luckily Jackson being the social butterfly he was made a group chat called the “Awkward dinner” chat on Facebook.

Jackson- Guyssssss!!!! The Haunted House is this week!! Are you guys as pumped as I am??”

Bambam- YASSSS!

Yugyeum- ^ <3

Jinyoung- ^gross. But yea totally pumped ^^

Jackson- of course you’re excited to see us scared Jinyoung.

Jinyoung- [sends rolling eyes emoji]

Mark- lol cute,

Jaebum we’re all coming over ok?

Jaebum- ok

Jackson- wow neomu chic and y response!

See you guys all this weekend!!!

Bambam- Yugyeum and I are coming together cuz we’re doing ‘stuff’ before, so we’ll meet you guys there. ;)

Mark- Ew

Jinyoung- Ew

Jackson- Twin Markjin responses. Haha for you maknaes. Ew indeed! We don’t need to know that.

Yugyeum- :P

Bambam- you’re just jealous cuz all of you are lonely.

Mark- I’m with Jinyoung rn, I’m not lonely.

Jinyoung- Yah!

Jackson- ^Gross. Also didn’t need to know that.

Yah Youngjae! You’re coming right? You’ve been MIA lately.

Youngjae- Mmn, I am.

Jackson- Yas! See you all then ;)

{Seen by everyone}

 

Youngjae lied back on his bed. He would finally have to face JB in person. He knew the time would come and after 2 weeks, he feels like he is finally ready to face him. He finished his homework with a smile that night. He knew that after this weekend that he could either end up being Jaebum’s boyfriend or with a confused relationship but either way he had made the resolve not to back out. His phone then vibrated and he looked at it. Message from Jinyoung hyung.

Jinyoung- Are you ready to face him?

Me- Yea, as ready as I’ll ever be :)

Jinyoung- According to Mark, Jaebum is scared for this Friday because he doesn’t know what to say to you.

Me- Are you just using Mark for information for me? If so thanks ^^

Jinyoung- You’re welcome.

Don’t worry, I’ll be with you in spirit. Hwaiting!

Me- Yes Hyung!

Jinyoung- Now do your homework and don’t let your feelings distract you. Your grades are important too apart from your love life.

Me- yes mom….

Jinyoung- >:(

Me- :P

{Read}

 

Friday came a lot faster than he would have ever liked it to. Jinyoung came to pick him up from his dorm so that they could walk over together but he was very paranoid since he knew his hyung was fond of scaring him. Especially since it was Halloween. When they reached they were a bit early so they stood together in the cold till Mark and Jackson showed up together since they walked over from the dorm with someone he didn’t know.

“Hey guys, this is my friend Jae.” Jackson said introducing him to us but just hearing his name made my heart skip a beat because I thought he was going to say Jaebum. Man am I whipped. A few minutes later Bambam and Yugyeum showed up holding hands making everyone there a bit envious with how cute they were together.

Once they were all gathered together they decided to approach the house where one of the brothers explained the rules to them.

“So the haunted house can only be explored by two or one at a time and throughout the house the brothers will be there to provide an extra scare. Just remember to stay on the path and you will be able to leave safely” The brother said with a wink and a sinister smile which made most of them scared except Mark and Jinyoung who just grinned at the situation and were more than ready to go in. “So which pair of you are going first?” the brother asked.

The Yugbam pair raised their united hands and then went in first. From the outside we heard their screams and it scared us even more. Jinyoung had even creeped up on me to scare me which made me almost hit him but he just laughed it off with Mark who high-fived him.

The brother then signaled the next pair which was Jackson and Jae who were shaking but took brave steps in. But that was lost as non-stop screams were heard. Scardey-cats.

It was only then that Youngjae realized that there were only 3 of them left and he knew Jinyoung would go in with Mark from those mischievous smiles they were giving each other.

“Sorry Youngjae-ah, we’ll be going in first.” Jinyoung said with a smile and small wave to him before leaving him outside by himself. He never thought Jinyoung would ever do that to him.

After a couple silent minutes passed until the brother by the door of the haunted house got a call.

“What do you mean they didn’t come out? Why can’t you find them? They went off path? You can’t find him either? What the hell is going on? It’s ok we only have one person left out here so I’ll send him in.” he heard the guy say before hanging up.

‘Of course his hyung would go off course in a haunted house’ he thought to himself rolling his eyes. But he didn’t pay attention to the fact that another person had gone missing.

He took a deep breath and entered to house by himself. It was super dim lit and he barely got around a couple hands reaching for his foot, and the weird ghost sounds before he felt a pair of hands cover his mouth and try to drag him away.

He screamed as loud as he could and thrashed but nothing could stop his kidnappers and he almost wanted to cry. This was too much even for a haunted house.

He was then shoved into a dimly lit room and he heard the door lock.

“NOOOO! OPEN THE DOOR! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? KIDNAPPING IS ILLEGAL!!!” he yelled to the people outside the door whose laughter sounded way too familiar to him as his tears actually fell.

“Youngjae-ah?” he heard a voice behind him and when he turned he saw JB dressed as a vampire. A really y one at that, behind him.

“Jaebum hyung…” he questioned.

“Dammit Mark and Jinyoung! I should have known they were up to no good when they came in here together like that!” Jaebum angrily told himself.

“Mark and Jinyoung hyung were the ones that kidnapped me?” he asked feeling somewhat betrayed.

“Are you crying?” Jaebum asked and gracefully and quickly walked across the room and wiped my tears away with his thumb.

“Don’t be scared.”

“Too late” I responded and Jaebum then pulled me into his arms for a comforting hug.

“Shh….its ok I’m here…” he murmured into my hair.

“No you weren’t.” I said pushing him away and now crying for a completely different reason. “how could you just kiss me and not say anything after? Like what the hell? I waited for so long and you didn’t say a thing. You didn’t even message me? What am I supposed to think then huh? What did you want to happen after you kissed me? Do you even like me?” Youngjae cried as all the questions poured out of him.

“What of course I like you Youngjae-ah.” He said calmly which threw Youngjae off even more.

“What? How are you so calm about this? When I spent days and weeks worrying about what will happen?” Youngjae yelled at him.

Jaebum just pulled him in for another hug which Youngjae tried to pull away from but was held firmly there by Jaebum until he just gave up and lied limply on his chest.

“Let me explain ok?”

Youngjae just remained silent and listened to the beating of Jaebum’s heart which was beating really fast almost as fast as his.

“I wasn’t sure at first you know. I was scared. I had never felt the feelings I had for you for other people. I’ve had crushes on a lot of people and knew it was just a general attraction. But I have never just experienced that with you and it scared me. I wanted to know more about you. I was curious about someone for once. And then when I finally had to chance to be with you like that I think I got a little too excited. I’m sorry if I scared or went too fast with you. I also felt lost and not sure what to do. But after kissing you it’s like my world came crashing down on me. I couldn’t think about anything but you and that feeling scared me. I have never felt like that before and I didn’t think it was normal. So I had to talk to Mark about it and he spent days convincing me it was ok and that I should just talk to you but I was just so scared you know? I didn’t know what to say. Afraid I’ll say the wrong thing. And I wanted to do it in person and not over text but I never saw you around campus at all and I lost my courage day by day. And as much as I regret confiding in Mark I’m glad I did so that I could have this moment to tell you this. Choi Youngjae…”

Youngjae who had been quietly listening till them looked up from lying on his chest to look into his eyes.

“Choi Youngjae. I think…..no…I know I am in love with you and am falling for you more with each passing second. Do you think you could deal with this idiot and be my boyfriend?”

Again the reason behind Youngjae’s tears changed. Now he was happy beyond any rainbow pooping skipping unicorn in a plain of grass and flowers.

Jaebum gently kissed his tears away and smiled at him and he felt his heart melt right then and there. He knew he was incapable of speech so he just nodded and kissed Jaebum who didn’t hesitate to respond to the kiss.

The happy ending he had always wanted came to him as he hoped it will. Jinyoung hyung as evil as he can be, was right that this would turn out well. He mentally noted to both kill and thank his hyungs after this but for now he was lost in the kiss he dreamed of and remembered for weeks. Except this one was much better and deeper as they used it to affirm their feelings for each other. Fate is a strange but wonderful thing indeed.