Happy Holidays, shimishimeshime

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2016 [News update from the 2017.07.01]

Gift for shimishimeshime

Gift from ???

Title of the gift: Now Or Never: A Magnetic Story.


Pairing(s): Youngjae x O/C.

How many words: 4263

Rating: No Rating - Romance, fluff, fantasy.

Warnings: No Warnings.

Note to my giftee: Hello my lovely! I hope you enjoy your gift! I hope the story isn't too confusing for you so I'll give you a bit of background before you begin - the story is set in an alternative universe - the world is similar to ours but there is one difference, two towns lie side by side but a 10 foot wall separates them. Rainne (O/C) is from the South town and Youngjae is from the North town. Enjoy my lovely! It was fun to write! :)



Now Or Never: A Magnetic Story



(Rainne's POV)
“You’re still going in the middle of the winter?!” My step mother complained as I stepped one foot out of the front door. I sighed and looked around at her. I nodded silently and she rolled her eyes. “Fine. Go on then. Don’t complain to me when you get a cold.” She grumbled. I nodded to her again before stepping fully out of the front door, and closing it behind me. I was prepared in my thick winter coat, mismatch knitted scarf and mittens. I rushed quickly but carefully, minding the snow and ice, towards the woods in our town which surrounded the far-right hand corner next to the wall which separated the town beside ours. I reached the wall and crouched down to where the gap was. I heard the shuffling of feet, Youngjae had also arrived.

 

“Rainne! I told you not to come out when it’s icy” Youngjae whined to me.
“Then why are you here?” I asked him sarcastically with a smirk.
I heard him chuckle, “Because I knew you would be here.” He said happily. “You’ve been here every day for 10 years now, I doubt you would miss a day.” He joked.
I laughed and nodded to him as we looked at each other through the gap in the wall, “10 years! It’s been that long?” I cried out surprised. He grinned and nodded to me.

 

Youngjae disappeared from the gap as his hands appeared instead. I smiled as I placed my hands towards his. I sighed as I tried hard to hold his hands. 
“Keep trying.” Youngjae encouraged as we tried our hardest to place our hands together. I finally managed to place my hands in his and he held my hands tightly. “Didn’t you know it had been 10 years since we first met?” Youngjae asked me as we continued to hold hands tightly.

 

“I didn’t know it was exactly this day, but I knew it was 10 years.” I told him happily. I sighed loudly and Youngjae let go of my hands quickly.
“It hurts, right?” He asked me with a worried tone in his voice.
“No no!” I denied quickly, but I was lying. It hurt to hold hands, the force of holding hands both hurt us, since we repelled each other. Our magnetic fields were different.
“I can tell when you’re lying. I told you to always let go when it starts to hurt.” Youngjae sighed.
“I’m fine! I’m fine! Can you remember when we first met?” I asked him happily as we both crouched down so we could see each other through the gap again.
“Of course I do.” He told me with a smile.

 

(Flashback – 10 years ago)
I wandered along the side of the wall, running my hand along the bricks, which separated our town from the town the other side of the wall. I wondered what type of people lived there; how they lived, if they were good or bad and if they were like us. As I wandered down, I noticed something different in the wall. I stopped abruptly and looked around to see if anyone was watching me, luckily there was not a soul in sight. I was in the far-right hand top corner of our town amongst the woods. I crouched down and that’s when I noticed it. A gap in the wall, where some bricks had fallen out to reveal a small hole. My eyes widened as I looked between the gap to see grass and trees, it was the other side. The other town. I scrambled around my bag for some paper and a pen. If someone else knew about this, they would find my note. I scribbled down a note before folding the paper into the shape of a boat and leaving in on the bricks in between the gap. I quickly ran away from the gap in the wall, I would return tomorrow. I hoped someone would find the letter. Someone on the other side.

 

I returned the following day to the gap in the wall without anyone seeing me. I crouched down to find a piece of paper in the shape of a fox. My eyes lit up and I quickly snatched the paper away from the gap excitedly. “It’s nice to meet you Rainne.” I heard a voice say as I was beginning to unfold the paper. I jumped and looked around nervously. I cautiously crouched down to the gap to see a young boy the opposite side. He smiled to me sweetly and waved his hand. I gulped and smiled back to him awkwardly. “My name is Youngjae. Choi Youngjae.” He told me. “You must be nervous, I’m nervous too. I never thought I would meet anyone on the South side.” He said to me with a reassuring tone in his voice. I smiled to him and nodded.

 

“Me too. Sometimes I thought there was no one living the other side. I wondered what you looked like, how you lived. But you look just like us.” I rambled as I had become too excited. I stopped myself and laughed nervously. Youngjae chuckled and nodded to me.
“Can we meet again? Let’s become friends! Our little secret. We can meet here?” Youngjae asked me.
I nodded to him, “I would like that.” I said happily.

 

(Now)
“Kai Bai Bo!” Youngjae and I both shouted out together as we looked at each other’s hands through the gap. He was showing rock and I was showing paper. I let out a proud laugh and he whined. He grumbled as he passed me the stone through the gap. I took it from him carefully and scratched another line into the bricks under my name.
“So you’re winning. Oh~ I don’t want all these forehead flicks when we meet.” Youngjae whined.
I laughed, “We’ll play plenty more games before we meet.” I said to him. We both sighed and looked at each other.
“Will we meet…” He said as he pouted. I nodded to him and tried to show a reassuring smile.

 

“We will! We just have to wait!” I cheered positively. A smile grew on his face as he nodded to me. After 10 years, we somehow still managed to have hope of meeting each other one day without the wall between us.
“What will we do when we meet?” Youngjae asked me. I thought for a while before shrugging.
“Eat something delicious?” I suggested. He began laughing and I frowned. “Why are you laughing!” I whined. “Hm. Hug?” I thought afterwards. He nodded to me and smiled.
“The first thing I will do is hug you.” He said with a sweet smile. I smiled to him and nodded.
“Then we eat something delicious...?” I joked as we both started laughing together.

 

~♥~

 

(Youngjae's POV)
I pulled my coat on and remembered to pick up the gift box on my desk. I quickly ran down the stairs, towards the front door where I pulled on my shoes. "Where you going in a hurry? Oh! What's that?" My older brother asked me as he pointed towards the gift box in my hand and his eyes lit up. I looked down and quickly pushed it into my coat pocket.
"It's nothing. Nothing. I'll be back later." I quickly stuttered before leaving the house. I made my way towards the wall. It was Christmas and luckily the gap in the wall was big enough to fit a small gift box through. I reached the wall and settled down a small picnic blanket which I had hidden under my coat. I pushed the snow away from around me before sitting down on the picnic blanket to wait for Rainne.

 

I pulled the gift box from my pocket and placed it inside the wall in the gap. I pulled my knees up to my chin and began to wait for Rainne. Time passed and I had watched the sun in the snowy sky for a long time. I glanced down at my watch. Rainne had not turned up. She had never missed a day before. Even when there was a storm, we always met. Even when it was freezing cold, we always met. The same time, every day. I sighed as I stood up, and took the gift box from the gap. I rolled my picnic blanket up and slowly wandered away from the gap. Was she sick? Had she forgotten? No no. Even when she was sick, she still came and I knew she would never forget.

 

I reached my house and took my shoes off. "Oh! Someone's back!" I heard my older brother shout from the other room. I stayed quiet as I sighed and walked towards my room. "Uh oh. The gift box is still here. What happened? Didn't she like it?" He joked as he followed me. I didn't speak to him as I opened my bedroom door and closed it straight after me. Was Rainne sick? Was there something wrong? I couldn't stop thinking about it. I wish I could just go over there and see how she is and check on her. But I can't. The wall was blocking us, our magnetisation was blocking us. I just wanted to be with her, but I couldn't. I collapsed backwards on to my bed as I grumbled and dropped the gift box down gently beside me.

 

That was what it was the next day, and the next week, and the next month. But I never lost hope. I visited to the wall every day to make sure she hadn't turned up and I wasn't there. But she never did turn up. It was early in the morning and I pulled myself up. I looked across at my wall calendar above my desk.
"6 months today... 6 months." I stuttered to myself. It had been 6 months since I last saw Rainne. 
"What's 6 months?" My older brother asked me as he stood in the doorway. I jumped and looked at him.
"Oh nothing." I told him with a quiet sigh.
"Is it a girl?" He asked me.
"Hyung... have you ever seen the other side?" I asked him.
He frowned at my sudden question, "No. No one has. Why would you ask that? Youngjae don't tell me. You can't get there. So, don't think about it." He told me sternly.

 

~♥~

 

(Rainne's POV)
I wandered towards the gap in the wall, rubbing my hands together. I was nervous. I was nervous that he wouldn't be there anymore. That he had given up and left. That I would never see him again. I reached the gap and crouched down to look through, there was no sign of him. It was now the middle of summer and the last time I had seen him it was the middle of winter and snow completely covered the ground. But it had been six months, flowers had bloomed and trees were filled with leaves. The sun shined brightly down and coats were no longer needed. I sat down on the floor with my head against the hall. 
"Please come Youngjae. Please come." I said aloud to myself before sighing deeply.

 

"Rainne?" I heard a soft voice say after a while of sitting on the floor and waiting. I jumped up and looked through the gap. I could recognise that voice anywhere - it was Youngjae. 
"Youngjae! I'm so sorry!" I cried out as my eyes began filling with water. He crouched down and looked through the gap.
"It's you. You're here. Where have you been for 6 months?! Are you ok? Did you get hurt? Were you sick? Are you better now? Did something happen?" He rambled as he panicked. He stopped himself and gulped. I nodded to him and he pouted with a sad expression.
"I got hurt. I had an accident and I had a minor head injury but it took a while for me to recover. I couldn't go out anywhere so I couldn't come and see you. But I'm better now. I've healed completely. The first place I came was here." I explained to him.

 

His face dropped and he bowed his head. "I can't believe I wasn't there to help you. Aish! I just want to break down this wall right now. I'm so sorry Rainne. I couldn't help you." He whined. I smiled to him and shook my head. He smiled as he reached his hand through the gap. I looked down and smiled happily as I placed my hand in his. But then I frowned.
"Did you feel that..." Youngjae stuttered confused.
"Feel what?" I said, also completely confused.
"Exactly. Wait wait." He told me as he let go of my hand, before placing his hand back in mine with ease. There was no force. There was nothing to make us struggle. We didn't repel. We easily held hands.

 

"Hold on." He told me again as he let go of my hand and pulled his hand out from the gap. I did the same as we looked at each other through the gap. "Let me try something." He said to me. I nodded to him as he reached through the gap and d my cheek. Our eyes lit up and I smiled as I placed my hand on top of his.
"We don't repel. We... we can. We can be together now." He said with a smile. I nodded to him as he d my cheek softly. We stayed like that for a while. Appreciating each other. Something had happened. Maybe it was my accident? But now we could hold hands with ease. It didn't hurt anymore, it was difficult, it was normal.

 

After we sat playing games for a while, Youngjae was busy getting something out of his pocket. Suddenly a small gift box appeared. I frowned as he pushed it closer to my side of the gap in the wall. I took it from the gap and looked down. 
"Christmas present." He told me with a smirk. I smiled to him as I opened the box. It was a silver charm bracelet. I looked at the charms individually; a silver rock, paper, and scissors (our favourite game), a silver brick (for the wall), a silver piano (we both play the piano), a number 10 (for the years we had known each other) and a love heart.
"Youngjae..." I stuttered as I was fixated on the bracelet. "I love it." I told happily. I looked up at him and he smiled to me happily.
"I'm glad you like it. I just wish this wall would just go away now." He told me with a smile. I nodded to him as I smiled back to him.

 

~♥~

 

The following day, I returned to the wall to see Youngjae. I clambered along the long grass as it never gets cut. I looked around but something was wrong. I panicked and began running my hands along the wall. The gap was gone. There was no gap. I looked around anxiously. Was someone watching me? Had someone been watching us? Did someone come and fill in the gap? I looked at the roses which I had planted at the side of the gap. The gap had been filled in. I traced my hands along where the gap was before sinking to the ground. Tears began filling my eyes as they escaped and dropped down on to my t-shirt. 
"This isn't fair!" I screamed as I slammed my hands against the wall angrily.

 

Suddenly, arms wrapped around the top of my body and I felt someone rest their head on my shoulder. "Ssh. It's ok. I'm here." Youngjae said softly as he took my hands away from the wall to stop me from slamming my hands against it. I froze as my eyes widened. I stopped and looked to my side to see Youngjae smiling at me. I jumped and scrambled forward across the grass. I turned around and looked at him frozen. He crouched on the grass, smiling happily.
"Y... Youngjae..." I stuttered. "How... how are you here...?"
"I came through." He told me as he pointed to the place in the wall where the gap was. "Last night I spent all night making the hole bigger, then I'll climbed through and built it back up the other side." He explained to me.

 

He crawled slightly towards me and pulled me into his arms. "The first thing I will do is hug you." Youngjae said softly. I chuckled slightly as I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly.
"Now it's been 11 years since we met, and we are finally meeting for real." Youngjae said happily. I nodded to him as he pulled away slightly. He looked at me with a sweet smile as he d my cheek.
"I love you." I said proudly after finding the courage from somewhere. Youngjae's eyes lit up and he gave me his happiest and biggest smile.
"I love you too." He told me as he leant forward slightly. I opened my eyes wider before closing them shut tightly. Youngjae hesitated and watched before gently pressing his lips against mine. He stopped before checking on me then continuing.

 

"So how did you actual manage it?" I asked Youngjae as we sat against the wall cuddling. 
"My older brother helped me. He said that he heard from the end of this year, there are going to be regular inspections of the wall. He realised that I must had been talking with someone on this side so he told me it is now or never. I either do it now or I never do it. So, that's what I did. To be with you" Youngjae explained to me. I looked across at him and smiled. 
"Now or never... so what do we do now? It will be difficult to live here. Everyone is different to you. You will repel from them." I asked him as I sighed deeply.

 

"My older brother said he knows someone on this side. Someone who can help us get out of here. But only if you want to. We can get out of these towns and see what life is like on the outside." Youngjae suggested.
We paused and looked at each other in silence for a couple of seconds. "I want to. Let's do it." I decided as we smiled to each other and I looked down at my charm bracelet. Youngjae nodded as he held my hand and intertwined his fingers in mine. 
"Then shall we do this?" He said excitedly. I nodded but then paused.
"Wait. We need to do something first. First we hug and then we eat something delicious." I told him as I pulled containers of food out of my backpack and he began laughing.

 

~♥~

 

I gripped the straps of my backpack awkwardly and cautiously made my way to the other side of the town where the tunnels were. I made sure no one had seen me and no one was following me. I reached the wall the other side and looked around. "Youngjae?!" I called out as I tried to find him. I heard footsteps as arms wrapped around my waist and I smiled happily.
"I'm here. Don't worry." Youngjae said softly as he leaned round and kissed my cheek. I smiled again as he let go of me and I turned around. He took my hand in his and held it tightly.
"Now or never." He said as he smiled to me.
"Now or never." I repeated to him as I nodded. He nodded as he led me towards the entrance of one of the tunnels.

 

We quickly dashed across to the tunnel opening when we bumped into a guy with black hair in a grey jumper. I hid behind Youngjae nervously and Youngjae chuckled slightly as he brought me back out beside him. "Jaebum this is Rainne, Rainne this is Jaebum, he lives on the outside. He's going to help us out." Youngjae said. I bowed my head to greet him and he smiled to me.
"Right, I'll lead you out. We have to go fast but quietly." Jaebum told us. We both nodded as we climbed down the ladder into the tunnel one after each other. 
Suddenly we heard a large siren, Jaebum's eyes widened and we all looked around. "We need to go. Now!" He panicked as we began running down the tunnel.
"What was that?" Youngjae asked him worriedly.
"An intruder siren. They know." Jaebum told him as we all began panicking.

 

"Oho!~ So which one of you is from the North side then?" We heard a deep voice call behind us. We all ran out of breath and stopped to catch our breath back. It was no use, we had been caught. We turned around to find two large men in black outfits with large helmets on their heads and carrying long bats. Youngjae pulled me behind him as they stopped, creating a large gap between us. Youngjae and me were in the light but Jaebum was still hidden in the darkness. 
"I'm sorry. I have to go. I have a wife and children. I can't." Jaebum said to us. We looked around at him but he had already disappeared into the darkness. 
"Don't worry. We can get out of this." Youngjae whispered to me.
"Come on kids! Which one of you is it?" One of the men called out to us.

 

"Stop! Don't come any closer!" Youngjae called out loudly as he held his hands out and waved them. The two men sniggered to themselves as Youngjae sighed.
"Kids you don't want to go out there!" The men shouted.
"Don't want to or you don't want us to?!" Youngjae shouted back. I frowned and looked up at him. He looked at me and sighed again. "I didn't want you to know about this and I'm sorry for not telling you." Youngjae whispered to me. I frowned as I was confused.
"The world out there is fine! It is perfectly normal! This isn't normal. You took us and this is a test. You implanted us with magnetic fields so we couldn't be near each other to see how we would live in isolation in a small community!" Youngjae shouted at them angrily. My eyes widened and I froze. We were a test, this was an experiment...

 

"Ok kid! You got us! Now come here! Are you from the North? What about her? Is she from there too since you are together?" The man shouted to us. I placed my hands inside Youngjae's. He looked at me and I looked at him as I gave him a small nod. 
"No! I'm from the South so work that out!" I shouted at them. They looked confused and frowned. They could see we were holding hands so we should have been repelling each other but since I had no magnetic field anymore, we didn’t repel. I squeezed Youngjae's hand and we quickly ran off down the tunnel. 
"Yah! Get back here!" The men shouted as they began running after us since they were stunned for a couple of seconds.

 

As the tunnel became darker, we struggled to see where we were running. suddenly we both tripped which pulled us both down. We were trapped.

 

~♥~

 

3 Years Later:
I bolted into the hospital room, with the door crashing back closed behind me. I froze and stood by the door when I noticed Youngjae looking straight at me. "Youngjae..." I stuttered.
A smile grew on his face, "Look at you. You look like you haven't slept for days, your messy petal hair and wearing one of my hoodies" He chuckled. I rushed across to him so I was stood at the side of his bed. 
"You scared me." I told him with a smile. He smiled and patted the space on his bed beside him. I sat down and faced him.
"What happened? I can't remember. How long has it been?" He asked me with a frown.
"2 weeks. When we were running away, we both fell but you hit your head. Luckily Jaebum ran back to find us and he carried you out. You were asleep for 2 weeks." I explained to him.

 

"You must have been scared. So where are we now?" Youngjae asked me afterwards as he took my hand in his and held it tightly.
"We are outside the towns, we live in reality. Life is normal. Everyone communicates with each other, no one repels each other and people are happy. It isn't a test anymore. We live with Jaebum and his family on the outskirts of the city until we can find somewhere to live on our own." I told him happily. He nodded and held out his arms. I grinned before falling into them and hugging him tightly.
"Now I've got you, I'm never going to let you go." Youngjae said as he pulled me away slightly. I nodded as he leant forward and pecked my cheek. 
"And I will never let you go either." You told him. He chuckled and kissed your forehead as you smiled happily.

 

~♥~

 

Just like Youngjae had said - it was now or never. Now or never to our happiness. Now or never to our future. Now or never to our love. Even though we met in a lie, a false situation, a test. Our happiness and our love had always been true and real. Choi Youngjae, I love you.