Happy Holidays, cant_stop_kpop

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2016 [News update from the 2017.07.01]

Gift for cant_stop_kpop 

Gift from ???


Title of the gift: "Timid"

Pairing(s): Youngjae x Roo (OC)

How many words: 2149

Note to my giftee: Hope you like it ^^


Timid

 

 

"If you like him just tell him so! This has become ridiculous!" Roo's friend was having a hard time watching her stare at the boy two seats away.


 

"I can't!" Roo squealed and hid her face between the pages of her physics book."What if he doesn't feel the same?! We are friends..."


 

"Whatever!" Hyeri threw her hands in the air and let her be. She had been like this for more than two years now, some more months wouldn't hurt.


 

Roo was a normal eighteen years old girl who had a normal crush on her normal classmate and friend, Youngjae.

Since the first day of school she liked him because of his adorable laugh. He was a bit timid (like her she had thought) and a really smart person.


 

In the beginning they had worked together on some school related projects and she used to blush madly when she was near him. She had thought she was going to look like a crazy person, but little had she known that the mentioned boy had had almost the same problem as her.


 

Youngjae was not the outgoing type and it was kind of hard for him to make a lot of friends, but there had been this girl who had caught his attention since the first day of school. She was not the popular type nor the most beautiful girl in his class, but he just liked her and she and her friends had been kind enough to let him join their group of friends.


 

Everyone of their friends knew about them liking each other except for the protagonists themselves, or maybe they just liked denying their feelings, which was exactly what they had been doing for more than two years now.


 

"Roo! Did you solve this problem?" Youngjae appoached her and sat to the seat next to her. "I don't know if my answer is correct."


 

"Let me check it." Roo said taking his notebook and checking it." I don't know to be honest. My answer is a bit different, but I think the conclusion is the same."


 

"Hey you two lovebirds! What are you doing there all alone?!" Jaemin, a friend of them shouted from the front of the class making everyone in the class turn their attention to the people mentioned.


 

"Shut up Jae!" Roo shouted back at him throwing a pencil at him. "You know, some people actually work on these exercises."


 

It was one of the first times Youngjae had seen her raise her voice and was actually surprised because she was always calm. "That was my pencil actually..." He said laughing.


 

"Oh I'm so sorry! Here, take mine!" She apologised and offered him her pencil and she could feel her face getting red.


 

And like always it went like that, her getting red and him feeling the awkwardness getting red as well.


 

 


 


 

That end of semester in literature they had to play something and it was decided to be "Romeo and Juliet".

After auditions the teacher decided to give the main roles to Youngjae and Hyeri.


 

"You are jealous and don't even try to deny it!"


 

"No, I'm not! Why would you think that?!" Roo said to Hyeri before rehearsals.


 

"Come on! If I were you I wouldn't even try denying it, I'd kiss the daylights out of him the first chance I got." Hyeri winked at her.


 

"Oh my god! Who are you? Are you even my friend?!"


 

"Yes I am and you love me. Oh and fresh news if you don't know it. I'll kiss your man in the next act."


 

"He is not my man!" Roo whispered and hit her arm.


 

"Teacher!"


 

"Yes, Hyeri!" Their literature teacher turned her attention to 'Juliet'.


 

"I don't feel well for the moment miss. Can Roo replace me for this act?" Hyeri asked without paying attention to Roo's pleas." I mean even if she doesn't know the part she can just stay still and let 'Romeo' do the job." She finished emphasizing the last part.


 

Her friend was such a traitor, Roo decided.


 

"Of course! Roo! Come here!" The teacher didn't think twice, afterall Hyeri was her favorite student and she needed her in her best shape.


 

It went well if you wouldn't consider a couple of times Youngjae forgot his lines (because he was so close and in a such intimidating situation with Roo his mind just went blank), or Roo tripping over a piece of wood and almost crushing half of the set.


 


 

"Romeo just kiss her!" Hyeri shouted. She had had enough and that boy was getting on her nerves.

It was the fourth time they kept repeating the kissing part and each time Hyeri thought all her hard work paid off, but no! They just had to drive her crazy and make her smash everything around her.


 

"Calm down babe! I know, they are driving me crazy as well." Jaemin patted his girlfriend's shoulder and sat next to her.


 

"Should we just lock them inside a room and leave them for some days alone?! Maybe they'll figure things out somehow, I only hope so..." Hyeri leaned her head on his shoulder and just watched at the Romeo and temporary Juliet in front of her.


 

 


 

The kiss never happened. The rehearsals finished and Hyeri just wanted to kill her friends.


 

"Damn! I gave you a golden chance and you just decided to throw it away. Why did you do that?!"


 

"What?!" Both Youngjae and Roo said at the same time making eye contact for a moment then looking away.


 

"Nevermind! I'm not playing Cupid anymore. I'm out!" Hyeri hit them both on their backs before leaving with Jaemin.


 

And so, that moment's most mentioned people were alone.


 


 

"I'm sorry if I made it hard for you to practice correctly today, but Hyeri just..."


 

"Hey! Not a big deal. I enjoyed it though." He cut her off."Hyeri is good at that and I just am not in her level."


 

"No, you are a perfect Romeo!" She said that more excitedly that she hoped for it to sound." I mean you are a really handsome Romeo and everything."


 

Just stop it girl! Roo mentally facepalmed herself.


 

"You think so?!" He smiled at her and she melt, like literally. "I'm so happy to hear this from you."


 

"Yes, you are. More than you should..." She mumbled the last part and Youngjae was too happy to notice it.


 

"Do you have any free time by the way? I'd really need some help with those last acts. Think you could help me?!" He asked her feeling more confident than usual. What she had said to him earlier made him touch the sky.


 

She helped him and he kissed her. Well they could have just skipped that part because they were just practicing, but no one of them really wanted to skip it. It was not a real one (as it was in the script), but real enough to make them blush madly and don't speak to each other for a couple of minutes after that and decide to stop practice for the rest of the day.


 

"I guess I'll go now..." Roo grabbed her bag and headed to the front door.


 

"I...like you!" Youngjae said all of a sudden right before the turned the door knob.


 

Roo stopped. Had she heard it right?! He just said to her that he liked her?!

She turned back and saw him right in his eyes."I like you too." Then went outside leaving him all alone and giving him the time to absorb what she just had said.


 


 

"Oh my God! She/he likes me too!" They said at the same time right after she closed the door.


 

 


 

"Hye! I kissed him! No, I mean he kissed me! No, I mean Romeo kissed me!" She called Hyeri right away.


 

"Whoa girl, calm down!"


 

"And he said he liked me! And I said I liked him too!"


 

"Who did it? Youngjae or Romeo?"


 

"Come on! You know who~"


 

"It's you who is messing with me telling me he kissed you, then saying Romeo kissed you, then saying some other things. It's my right to be confused." She was enjoying it. Afterall, this was her kind of revenge for torturing her.


 

"Stop messing with me Hye!" Said Roo and continued walking to her house her heart beating fast.


 

"Well good for you babe! So, what happened next?"


 

"Nothing. I left and..."


 

"You what?! Are you out of your mind Roo?! That was perfect! Oh my god you are so dumb sometimes!" Hyeri literally facepalmed herself. She just couldn't believe that. Her friend had to be dumb." I'll hang up now. Someone is calling me and Roo, figure out something!"


 

 


 


 

Both Youngjae and Roo were awkward the next day around each other.

As hours went by everything became more normal and they even spoke to each other some times, but the tension was still there.


 

After some days passed Youngjae and Roo became again close to each other, closer than before to be more exact, but didn't take any step further in their relationship as their future was still unknown. They were seniors and in less than two months they would decide their future. They both had their plans and it seemed like their preferences were different. So they decided to remain just friends. It was just a like afterall, they thought.


 


 

The play was a success and they did a great job. Everyone congratulated Youngjae for his great acting as it was his first time in that field, because Hyeri was, well she was a veteran in that. She was a part of the drama club in their school and everyone knew she was talented. She even wanted to major in acting.


 


 

And so those last weeks of school went by quickly and things ended. Some students got accepted in their favorite colleges, some on their second or third choices and some others on none.


 

As for our main protagonists they got accepted on different schools.

Even if they chose to be just friends, they still felt bad because of getting separated, afterall that had been friends for three years and that was not a short time.


 


 

***


 


 

Roo was getting late. She had an interview for a job position and she had to be there in less than thirty minutes. She might make it in time, if there was no traffic, but she was not sure.


 

She arrived two minutes late, but it had not started yet.

While waiting she heard a familiar laugh and turned her head to see him, her high school crush, the one

and only Choi Youngjae.

He was talking to some other candidates from her section and seemed to know them well.


 

"Youngjae!" She called him and upon hearing his name the man looked in the direction of the voice calling him.


 

"Roo! Oh my God!" Youngjae approached her and gave her a light hug." How many years have passed..."


 

"Six...seven?!" She tried to remember and just gave him a sweet smile.


 

"That's quite a lot of time," he smiled back at her." You look good."


 

"Yeah, you too. Like always..." She blushed a bit. No, that problem of her didn't dissappear.


 

"Are you here for the job interview?" He asked her excitedly.


 

"Yes. You too?!"


 

"No, I work here. I hope you'll make it. This way we can work at the same place." And he just winked at her, just like that, like it was the most normal thing in the world. Where was shy Youngjae?! It seemed he was long gone and had he always been this handsome?! Because Roo was just mesmerized by his looks and after that wink and that dazzling smile of his she completely lost it.

Did she want to work with him?! Yes and no.


 

She did get the job and also got herself a date.


 

Two weeks after her first meeting with Youngjae he asked her out. Yes, she decided shy and timid Youngjae was gone, instead she got a Prince Charming to be her date. More like he got her, but you get what I mean.


 

In his side Youngjae had been surprised to meet Roo at his workplace. She was beautiful like she had always been, but she seemed matured and a real woman. He had always liked her and that like of his hadn't faded away even after those years, so he was determined to resume what they slightly had started back in high school. Only is she'd want of course, so when she got the job he decided it was then or never.


 

Roo and Youngjae hadn't imagine they'd meet again and date, but here they were, after three years of silent crushing on each other and seven years of not seeing each other dating and giving each other all the love accumulated all those years.