Happy Holidays, squishy_oppas

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2016 [News update from the 2017.07.01]

Gift for squishy_oppas

Gift from ???

Title of the Gift: Next Time


Pairing: Youngjae x OC

Word Count: 1,783 words

Rating: None

​W
arnings: None

Note to my Giftee: Hi Giftee!! I feel that my writing might not have been up to your expectations but I hope that you'll like it nonetheless! And happy holidays!! <3


Next Time



He was determined this time. He wasn’t going to miss his chance again.

The past few times he saw you, it was all from a distance away. He didn’t know your name. And he didn’t even know that you were in the same cohort until the other day.

It was one of those rare days where he could make it for school. But he wasn’t paying attention to the lecturer at all. People around him were either sleeping or fiddling with their phones, seeing that he was seated at the back half of the lecture theatre where nobody paid attention to what they were doing.

After missing countless number of lessons, he couldn’t catch up anyways. And he soon found himself looking for something else to do when he has already scrolled through his own social media feeds. Which brought him to the mobile device of his friend next to him who was actually paying attention.

His eyes widened ten folds when the person that he was searching so hard for, appeared on his friend’s phone.

In the background, the lecturer continued talking, while you had your head resting on your hand, head bobbing away even though you were sitting in the centre of the first row.

The 10 second video was going to end.

Until a finger reached out to poke you, presumably the owner of the snap, and you blinked, looking in that direction. And that smile and whine you made as your eyes disappeared. The same smile that made him freeze in place the very first time he saw you by the corridor.

And Youngjae found himself re-watching that video all over again just to see the last second when your face was fully revealed.

Only on the sixth watch, did he take a ‘double’ take, and shifted his attention to the location the video was taken in. Wait, isn’t that the room that I am in?

He finally looked up from the phone, and tried scanning through the first row. But his view was blocked by the rows of people before him. Only when Youngjae started shifting his head side to side did he finally caught a glimpse of you, to be interrupted by his friend.

‘You’re starting to disturb me.’

'I didn't know that she was my age.'

‘Who? Jieun?’ Youngjae was amazed as to how he got it right without even looking up. ‘Probably because you don’t even come to school.’

‘Do you have her number?’

‘No, I don’t.’

‘But you come to school.’ It wasn’t surprising that Youngjae got the phone removed from his hands, and not another word from his friend.

 

 

You were starting to get annoyed when your eye started to itch again. And it hasn’t been helping with your revision. As usual, you started rubbing it slightly, but of course. You couldn’t stop rubbing once you started. Stop rubbing you idiot, you mentally said to yourself. But your hands weren’t listening.

Just then, you felt something warm wrap around your wrist lightly and gently pulled it away from your eyes. You merely managed to open your eyes for a millisecond before it started stinging again, and you ended up snapping your eyes shut before getting a glimpse at the unknown person next to you.

‘Don’t rub it, it’ll get worst.’ The male voice sounded uncannily familiar to you. But you couldn’t figure out who he was by his voice. And you didn’t know of anyone guy that you were particularly close to..

‘O-Okay.’ Youngjae found himself grinning as he watched you with your eyebrows furrowed, while your hands were held captive by him. But he had to remind himself that you were actually not in a comfortable state right now and he shouldn’t be finding it cute.

‘Wait a moment, don’t move your hands okay?’ You nodded as you felt his hands moving away from yours and heard him searching for something. ‘Okay, look up.’

‘H-Huh?’ You finally managed to open your eyes for another brief second before you started blinking repeatedly, half due to the irritation, half due to shock. W-What is he doing here?!

‘Up.’ He raised his head up, gesturing for you to follow as you felt him tug your chair closer to him after he uncapped the eye-drop.

'B-But-'

'No buts. Quick.' And before you knew it, you had the cold liquid dripped into your eyes, and your eyes were sealed tight again. With a thousand and one questions skimming through your mind.

Why is he doing this? I don’t even know him- Okay, who doesn’t know him- But it’s not like he knows me?

There was silence for a few seconds before you asked a question out loud. ‘How long do I have to do this for?’

‘A few minutes will do.’ He was smiling so widely, especially when you pouted slightly, and unconsciously, his reached for his phone to take a picture of you without your knowledge.

When you were finally allowed to open your eyes, there he was. Still sitting next to you, and he didn’t even try to hide his grin.

You opened your mouth but nothing came out. It wasn’t every day that someone whom you admire, would appear out of nowhere and offer you an eye-drop- Oh no, I must have looked so dumb-

'You can keep this. You'll have to throw it away within a week though.' You stared blankly at the tiny bottle in his hands, before taking it from him, your fingers touching his hand slightly. And that was when you realised that he was the one holding onto your hands just minutes ago.

‘T-Thank you.’

‘I assume that there’s no one sitting here?’

You nodded again, and he made himself comfortable as he flipped open his books which he had no interest in, but that, you didn’t know. Youngjae was more than satisfied to be this closed to you, even if it meant that he had to study.

On the other hand, you found yourself sneaking looks at him the entire time, now that your eyes were perfectly fine. And you could not help but to notice him smiling to himself now and then.

You kept questioning yourself, there were plenty of other seats. Why would he, an idol, of all people, pick one next to you?

Maybe he was getting annoyed at how you were moving around and sighing, and had to sacrifice the eye-drop he had with him. Yeah maybe that's it.

 

 

The moment you saw him packing up, you found yourself following him out of the library. ‘Youngjae!’

And the said male was pretty sure his cheekbones were going to start hurting by the end of the day. ‘Yeah?’

‘Urm- Thank you, for the eye-drop.’ You wanted to punch yourself for saying something as dumb as that. You actually wanted to ask him what he was doing there. But the words just didn’t seem to come out.

‘You thanked me already though.’

‘Y-Yeah, b-but- ‘

‘Go on a date with me then.'

'H-Huh?' You snapped your head up to look at him, finally looking at him in the eyes and realising that he wasn’t joking.

'If you want to thank me, go on a date with me.'

He said it twice. But you still couldn’t believe your ears. Is an idol actually asking me out right now?

Youngjae couldn’t help but to find everything about you cute. When you stammered and stared blankly back at him. And when you simply didn’t know what was happening.

‘I saved my number in your phone already. I’ll text you.’

H-How did he-? Hearing that, you quickly took out your phone, and there it was in your contact list, Choi Youngjae ;)

Did he do this when I was closing my eyes?

But when you looked up, he was already gone.

 

 

You went through your wardrobe for the umpteenth time that morning, and had been complaining about your lack of clothing for the entire time.

After what seemed like a millennium, you finally settled on a simple blouse and skirt, but soon found issues with your hair. You were usually easily satisfied with your hair, but not today. Somehow, every single thing was sticking out annoyingly to you.

What if he doesn’t like how I dressed? What if he doesn’t like this colour? Should I have my hair curled?

But out of all those questions, there was the most important one.

What if somebody sees us together? Would that be okay?

 

 

It wasn’t hard to spot him in the café which you agreed to meet at. But you were panicking, seeing that he reached before you. Even though you were already 20 minutes early.

Fortunately for you, he had chosen a seat by the corner, far from onlookers, and that was one less problem for you to worry about.

‘You look pretty.’ Was the first thing he said, which managed to successfully turn you into a mute.

He himself looked good too, but you just weren’t used to this whole thing. Especially when he just said that you were pretty. With that bright smile of his.

‘I’m sorry that I don’t have much time today so we could only settle with this.’

‘It’s okay.’

‘You’re treating me right?’

‘Y-Yeap!’ You too couldn’t stop smiling when you were with him. His happiness was contagious.

 

It took awhile before you finally calmed yourself down, and you had a feeling that he was waiting for you too as the both of you dug into your desserts.

‘Youngjae.’

‘Hmm?’

'How do you that I don't have any drug allergy?'

He stayed silent for a moment, and for the first time, you saw his smile slowly fade away when he noticed what you were referring to.

‘Did something happen when you get back? Was it serious? I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to-‘

And he looked at you strangely when you started giggling. ‘I was just kidding. Nothing happened.’

But he was unamused. ‘Next time don’t do that. I’ll get upset.’

‘Next time?’

‘Of course there’s a next time. You just tricked me. So you owe me another date.’ And with that, he was soon grinning again.

‘Date?’

‘We’ll go out for more when I have more time. Movies, the park… We’re going to have many more dates to come.’

You couldn’t believe what you were hearing as you felt him reaching for your hand gently. For real?

‘Any objections?’

He was nervous the entire time, from the moment before you appeared, and he tried not to let it show. But he was finally able to heave a sigh of relief when he saw you smiling back as your squeezed his hand lightly. ‘No objections.’