Happy Holidays, syran-night

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2016 [News update from the 2017.07.01]

Gift for syran-night

Gift from ???

Title of the gift: Positive Shock

Pairing(s): JJProject, markson

How many words: 3198

Rating: T

Warnings: None~


Note to my giftee: Hello Lance, and merry christmas! I'm sorry I couldn't write exactly what you wanted, but I tried making it slightly action-ish, and it does have some cheesy bits. It's a little bit messy, but I hope you like it! ^^


Positive Shock

 

It was completely dark. There were no streetlights, and not a single lamp was lit outside the buildings. Under any other circumstance, Jinyoung would be feeling at least a little worried, but not tonight. Tonight, this was favorable.

“What do you mean you lost him?! Find him!” a dark voice that sent shivers down his spine yelled out. He had to hide, somewhere that wouldn’t be obvious, somewhere they wouldn’t see him even if they looked around the area…

His eyes fell on something metal on the wall. Could it be…? He walked closer. It was a vent, and it was loose. He quickly opened it, nose scrunching up at the smell that hit his nose. Something might have died in there somewhere… But he wasn’t in a position to be picky. He clutched his bag to his chest, mentally preparing himself.

He barely fit in the narrow opening, but he got in there, and was able to close the vent, silently and accurately, just like he had been taught. Then he carefully crawled backwards, further in, until his feet hit a wall. It went sideways, so he turned his body to follow the path further in.

As soon as his head was hidden beyond the turn, he heard footsteps and saw the light from a flashlight on the wall. He also realized that they were thick with some sort of brown-green goo… Just great.

“You think he went into the vent?” someone asked. “I doubt it; this is sealed shut. And he’s small alright, but I don’t think he’s this small…” The other said. The light intensified for a moment, suggesting that the person was using the flashlight to see if anyone really was there. “No one here. Let’s go.” He said, and the footsteps disappeared.

He could hear the leader’s voice earlier, and he knew that the leader never moves around on these missions, meaning he would be able to hear him again if they gave up. He was a loud man with a short temped, Jinyoung would know when they decided they couldn’t find him… All he could do was wait…

“Are you ing kidding me?! Those documents the rat stole will be the ends of us! I can’t believe this, this is all your fault, you goddamn blockheads!” the man said. “Never mind, he won’t be able to live long anyway… As if anyone would trust him knowing what is in those papers. His boss is going to kill him for sure, whoever he is.” The boss said. A bit later, he heard the engines of the aircrafts flying off.

Jinyoung raised an eyebrow. ‘My boss would kill me, alright… But my boss would be you.’ He thought, deciding to wait it out a little bit longer. The boss was probably too ignorant to realize that there was a possibility of someone betraying him on their own accord.

He never really supported the views and goals of his boss, and definitely not his method of getting there. He was unprofessional as well, not even checking people before employing them. His crew could be infested with aliens undercover, and their boss would never know. As a matter of fact, Jinyoung could name at least 6 suspicious characters, one of which didn’t know the function of a spoon.

The reason he joined was because of protection. He was raised in a nice family, on a nice planet, barely knowing the cruelty of the world, before coming to this planet accident. He needed a way to stay safe, and this had seemed to be the best idea. It was alright, until he realized that this group was trying to take over a bunch of planets, including his own, at which point he started working on how to stop them.

It wasn’t his fault he got on the wrong spacecraft on accident and ended up in the VERY wrong part of the galaxy, nor that he happened to be discovered by the VERY wrong crowd once he got there and had to make up a story about what he was doing there. They should have better signs at the spaceport to avoid things like this.

After about twenty minutes of silence, he carefully made his way out of the vent, making sure not to be too loud, just in case. He made it to the opening of the went and peeked outside before opening it and stepping out. Now, to make his way over to the spaceport and find a way to get home… it had been 3 years, he wondered how worried people would be… They probably thought he was dead.

He had no way of contacting anyone, no way of getting help. He had to learn the rules and find a way to survive, no matter what. He also had to get the evidence, as well as the blueprints. Something he could hand over to the authorities. He also had to get money to go home, which wouldn’t be cheap. But he did it. He got through it, and it was time for him to go home… After a shower and a change of clothes.

 

~*~

 

2 years ago, on Jinyoung’s home planet

Jaebum was wearing all black, walking towards the memorial hall with his head down, a sticker flower in his hand that he would put on the small glass window as a sign of him having been there. He smiled sadly at the ground. A long time had passed since the last time he came to see him, but he hoped he would forgive him once he gave him the news.

When he got inside the building, he walked straight to where his friend was, following the path he had walked a million times. He didn’t even need to look up to know where to go. He got to the right section and looked at the small window, immediately smiling.

“Jinyoung-ah, long time no see. Though I’m not sure if you can tell if time is passing or not, I like to believe you do.” Jaebum said with a chuckle. He could almost hear Jinyoung calling him an idiot for believing in stupid stuff. Jaebum’s smile faded and slowly turned into a frown, before quickly turning it into a smile again.

“I brought you a flower… You would probably call this stupid as well, but did, so I hope you’ll take good care of it.” He said, sticking the flower to the glass, even though he knew that it would wither soon, and that someone will throw it away without mercy.

“The reason I came to visit you today wasn’t to bring you flowers, though… I have news to share. You know, I’ve been working hard ever since you disappeared. I always wanted to know what happened, but they say they can’t find anything, that the records have been erased. I finally got my badge, I finally have the authority to look deeper into it.” Jaebum said, his expression now serious.

“Although I don’t really have any hope in finding you still alive, I still need to know what happened to you.” He said, staring at the picture. He glanced at the flowers. “Maybe if I had more courage, I could have brought you flowers while you were still alive… I have so many regrets. I hope you can hear me, and that you know my heart now, even if I never got the chance to tell you.” Jaebum said, still staring at the photo.

He could come here as many times as he wanted, and it still wouldn’t make it less painful. He could wake up in the morning every single day, and he still couldn’t believe it. He just couldn’t wrap his head around it. Jinyoung is gone. He’s never coming back… At least it’s very unlikely, after so long. The uncertainty, the regrets, the slightest hope that he will just show up one day… It was hard to carry around.

“I have to go now… But I promise I’ll come see you again soon. I won’t let time pass like this again.” He said, smiling before standing up and walking out of the building. It was a sunny day, but he felt like it should be raining. He looked at his clock, sighing. He had used too much time, he had to get back to the office quickly, or Youngjae would probably curse him out again.

 

~*~

 

Youngjae was in charge of Jinyoung’s case when he disappeared, and because of the weirdness of it all, he never closed it. He knew everything there was to know, but things weren’t adding up. There was a missing link somewhere, and he couldn’t find it. The only thing he was sure of was that a larger criminal group had to be behind it, or they couldn’t have covered it up so well. But why Jinyoung? There was no motive, and according to everyone Jinyoung knows, he definitely didn’t go voluntarily.

Jackson walked in, looking around before settling on walking over to Youngjae, who didn’t even look up at him, nose buried in papers. “Shouldn’t you be working?” he asked, and Jackson shrugged. “I’m on a break, so I thought I would come by to see how Mark is doing.” Jackson said with a grin. “He’s not here right now, he’s at school. Him an Yugyeom have class right now. They are still working hard to get their badge.” Youngjae said, and he could tell Jackson was disappointed, even if he wasn’t looking at him.

All of a sudden, BamBam walked in and sighed dramatically. “I knew you’d be here. What are you doing, slacking off from work?! People are dying out there!” he said. “I thought you were on a break?” Youngjae asked Jackson, finally looking up. “I’m always on a break, just relax, you know.” Jackson said with a grin that made Youngjae frown at him. He kept wondering if Jackson was aware that he was supposed to be BamBam’s senior, and not the other way around. At least he did a good job as an ambulance driver.

That was when Jaebum came back, looking like he had just witnessed the saddest thing on earth. Then again, for Jaebum, visiting Jinyoung’s grave might qualify for that title. Remembering the case made him frown. He couldn’t understand it, it was like he was walking around Jinyoung in circles, but there was no way to get to him. How could a person just disappear into thin air like that?

 

~*~

 

Current time

Jinyoung was sitting on the spaceship headed back home, scratching the skin beneath his fake mustache and actively resisting the urge to pull the entire thing off his face and throw it away. He kept reminding himself that he had to keep the disguise on, it wouldn’t be good if someone recognized him, especially if it was someone actually looking for him.

Of course, he wasn’t stupid, he realized that everyone at home would have stopped looking for him by the time he made it back. Most likely, he would be able to visit his very own memorial box, probably filled with sappy things that made it seem very clear that he passed away. He could almost see all of his family and friends visiting the box, crying and telling him stories about their lives.

Jaebum would probably be the worst. He was always the type to not show a lot of emotions while others were looking, but Jinyoung knew that he was a sappy person at heart… One of the first things he would do was to make proper fun of him. Then again, if he had thought Jaebum died, he would probably have been sappy as well. But Jaebum doesn’t need to know that… At least not yet.

He fell asleep at one point, and was woken up by the pilot telling everyone to get ready for entering the atmosphere. He felt his heart skip a beat as a surge of joy and relief washed through him. He was home, he was finally home, after 3 long years in hell, he was home. He almost couldn’t believe it.

When the spaceship landed, he took down his small suitcase and took a deep breath. It was weird to think that this little suitcase was everything he had owned for a long time, and now he would be getting everything back. Of course, there were some things he had to do first. If he had learned one thing through this ordeal, it was that you should never do anything without knowing the full details. He would have to look around first.

As he exited the spaceport, he knew exactly where he was going as he headed for one of the bus stops. First things first, he had to confirm his suspicion about everyone considering him deceased. Easiest way to do that would be to going to the memorial hall and see if he is there.

It didn’t seem bad when he thought about it. He was standing there alive, after all, so why would it make a difference whether he had been put up in the memorial hall or not? If anything, not being there would probably make him feel a lot sadder… He took off his disguise, feeling as if it was wrong not to show his face in front of himself.

There was something about the small box that didn’t sit right with him. He took off his disguise, staring at the small picture. He almost felt like a ghost who was finally realizing he was dead. He knew he wasn’t, but he was still there, looking at something he was never supposed to see. He felt the tears on his cheeks before he had a chance to stop them.

“Mr. Im, you came again today.” The voice of the receptionist said. “Mr. Park has another visitor as well, I’m sure you will know who it is.” The woman said. “Really? I guess I’ll find out.” A familiar voice replied. A voice that made him choke up slightly. He should be running away or hiding, this wasn’t the way they were supposed to meet again…

He couldn’t bring himself to move. He wanted to see him so badly, he wanted to talk to him and tell him everything. Im Jaebum… He had missed him, and now that he was so close, his legs were no longer listening. He couldn’t bring himself to run away, not after being gone for so long.

 

~*~

 

Jaebum was surprised to hear that someone else was visiting Jinyoung. Other than him, their common friends and Jinyoung’s parents, there had never been anyone else there before. It was 13 pm on a Tuesday in the middle of December, not really a time when the others would come here, seeing as they all had either school or work. When he rounded the corner and looked into the room, he was curious and unsure what to expect. He was only thinking about how he would just leave the flowers there and come back later.

When he saw him, the flowers fell on the floor. The teary eyes staring into his own were making him feel as if his soul was catching on fire. He suddenly felt lost, all color disappearing from his face, his knees feeling weak. He rubbed his eyes, not sure what he was seeing. Was it a ghost? Had he finally gone crazy from working too much?

He felt like his body was reacting before his mind as he felt the sting behind his eyes, walking closer, so he was standing in front of him. “Jinyoung.” He said. It wasn’t really a question, he didn’t want an answer, just something that would let him know. He was walking closer.

“Jaebum.” Jinyoung said, and Jaebum felt his everything falling apart as he reached up to the other, carefully touching his shoulder. “Oh my god.” Jaebum said, suddenly throwing his arms around Jinyoung, squeezing him maybe a bit too hard. “I thought you were dead. We all did.” He said, and Jinyoung nodded. “I can see that.” He said with a small laugh.

Jaebum smiled. “I love you.” He said, not letting Jinyoung go, and Jinyoung was… shocked. “Woah, okay, hold on for a second…” Jinyoung said, his heart suddenly beating dangerously quick. “I would, but you don’t understand. You were dead, Jinyoung. I lost my chance, and I regretted that every single day. I’m sorry, I just… I had to say it.” Jaebum said, finally pulling back to look at the other.

Jinyoung was shocked. “Well… Merry Christmas to me. Your timing is awful, though.” He said with a smile, and Jaebum just laughed. “I’m sorry. But… Merry Christmas to you?” Jaebum asked. Jinyoung was still smiling. “Yeah. Merry Christmas to me, because that is one awesome gift. I guess I should give something back, so…” Jinyoung said. Jaebum was hopeful. “I love you too. And I’ve missed you these past years.” He said, and Jaebum smiled. “Merry Christmas to everyone.” Jaebum said.

They both laughed, the whole situation was unbelievable. “I guess we have a lot to catch up on… And a lot of people to see. You have to meet the detective in charge of your case, he’s been killing himself trying to understand what happened to you.” Jaebum said. “That’s… Interesting.” Jinyoung said. “Yeah. To brief you down, when you went missing, I started in the forces, a while later, Mark and Yugyeom did as well, I’m an officer now, they are still in training, MarkandJacksonaredatingnow, Jackson became a doctor-”

“Hold on.” Jinyoung interrupted him, freezing in his steps. “Who are dating?” Jinyoung asked. “Um… Jackson and Mark…?” Jaebum said, already ready for the explosion. “WHAT?! NO! NOT MY BABY!” Jinyoung said, suddenly beginning to power walk out of the building. “You know, Mark is older than-” “I DON’T GIVE A WHO IS OLDER, JAEBUM, HE’S MY BABY AND JACKSON IS A HOE, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.” Jinyoung said and disappeared out the door, Jaebum trying to keep up.

Seeing his fuming friend, Jaebum couldn’t stop smiling. Jinyoung hadn’t changed, at least not much. How did he manage to make it seem like the past 3 years never even happened? Jaebum didn’t know, and he didn’t really care. He had more important things to care about, like how he should ask Jinyoung out, what he should do as an officer now that he had no real reason to be one, and most important of all… How he was going to keep Jinyoung from murdering Jackson.

Oh, and he also had to get Jinyoung to explain to Youngjae how he disappeared, and how he got back. And Jinyoung’s parents should probably know… This would be the best Christmas present they could hope for. “Jinyoung, why don’t we go see your parents first?” he asked the fuming boy in front of him. “Oh… Yeah. Yes.” Jinyoung said, turning to Jaebum again. Not a lot of things would make Jinyoung go from angry to so calm. Jaebum laughed. “Let’s go.” He said, and they left.

It was going to be a very merry Christmas, indeed.