Happy Holidays, LightsnSirens

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2016 [News update from the 2017.07.01]

Gift for LightsnSirens

Gift from ???

Title of the gift: The touch of stars

Pairing(s): Jackson x OC

How many words: 3,805

Rating: Not Mature

Warnings: It might be a bit sad :c


Note to my giftee: Hello~! I hope you like my story. I wanted to write something more cheerful, but the characters were not listening to me...> o < I hope you don't mind. Merry Christmas!! I hope you will have happy holidays!



The touch of stars

 

It was a cold and starry night. I kept walking as I couldn’t keep my eyes away from the sky. Twinkling beauties kept winking at me and I couldn’t help but to smile.

 

I’ve missed this place so much…, but I’m finally home.

 

I reached the quiet hillside and plopped down on the bench, which was covered in snow.

I didn’t care about the cold, I was just glad to be back.

 

It’s been a long time coming, but I’m finally home.

 

* * *

 

It was a quiet Monday morning. I was on my way to the school like normally. As always, I was thinking of the last things that I did before leaving the house. I turned off the TV, locked the door, put a key in my pocket. Phone is in my bag. The weather had gotten quite chilly and the cold was biting my nose slightly. I was rubbing my hands together and picked up the pace, as I wanted to be in a warm school building faster. When I finally reached there, it somehow didn’t feel any different to me. I’m still cold. . . It’s like something else was frozen, not only my hands.

 

The school day went by slowly, I tried to focus on lessons, but failed to see the point of it as the days went on. Something is missing. There was this crippling feeling inside of me, as if I had forgotten something very important. I rummaged through my bag and made sure the keys and phone were actually where they’re supposed to be. Everything is here. . like every day. What is missing then?

 

When I reached home, it was like a ritual to me to just burst into tears for no apparent reason. It’s like someone pushed a button and all the water decided to erupt out of me. After that I always fell into a sound sleep for a few hours. Feeling sluggish after waking up, I set my foot to the hallway. I put on my boots, warm scarf, silly hat and a brown coat.

 

Night...it was that part of the day that I actually loved the most. I loved to look at the night sky, the moon and the stars brought salvation to me. I was confused about my existence and what was the purpose of living overall. I knew that I was not like others, I was somehow different. I guess it was all because of that. I wonder how I used to had been. Keys. Phone. Earphones. They’re here. What is missing?

 

My legs took me to the familiar hillside where I always ended up after my long midnight walks. There was something about it that fascinated me. Perhaps it was due to its peacefulness. I was not scared of the loneliness and darkness. I was actually more afraid of being in the middle of crowds and other people. That’s why the hillside had become my secret hiding place where I could just be myself. Whoever that actually was.

 

I made my way to my secret spot. The cold was biting my nose and cheeks even more than it had in the morning, but I didn’t let it bother me. The stars were inviting me so welcomely again. I couldn’t wait to get to my bench and enjoy the solitude it had always provided me. With every step I took, something would chirp inside my heart. A few steps more...3...2...1... I finally made it and smiled widely. I spun around and plopped down on the bench, failing to notice that this time, there was something different. I loved to see my breath fly around in the cold air and stars twinkling right at me.

 

Hello! I’m here again! Did you miss me?” I asked cheerfully and let out a loud sigh.

I was sitting there quietly until a smell piqued my interest.

 

It smells exactly like...hot chocolate?

 

I looked around and noticed a cup under right side of the bench. I grabbed it unconsciously and felt the warmness enter right into my cold hands. The cup seemed very peculiar to me, because I had not seen a single soul there at that time of night.

 

Umm...that’s mine,” I turned around and saw a pair of dark almond eyes stare right at me.

 

A boy stood a few steps away from the bench. I evaluated him from head to toe. Black boots, black jeans, black coat, a black scarf warmly wrapped around his neck. He didn’t have anything on his head, so his ears were a bit red.

 

I blinked a few times in disbelief. Why would anyone be here at this time of night?

 

Maybe I’ve been alone too long and I’ve started to imagine things.

 

But he seemed very much alive, breath coming out of his mouth and the way he looked at me. . couldn’t had been an imagination.

 

Ah! I’m sorry! I wasn’t going to drink it...” I said the last sentence a bit quieter.

 

His serious expression didn’t change. His eyes were focused on me as if I was the most interesting thing he’d seen in a while. I noticed that I was still holding the cup in my hands. I immediately put it on the other side of the bench. He took a seat there, as if it had been his all along. I was halfly expecting questions as to why I was there and not sleeping at home.

 

Nothing like that happened though, he was just sitting there taking small sips from his hot chocolate. I started to feel slightly uncomfortable. My brain went down the weird roads, and came to conclusion that he was invading my personal space. Even though, this time I had been the one arriving later than he had. It didn’t matter that it had always been my secret spot. I guess it’s not so secret anymore. I decided to call it a night, and return back home. Maybe I’ll fall asleep earlier today. I can always hope. I got up from my seat and nodded slightly towards the midnight visitor.

 

Are you running away again?” The boy opened his mouth again and stared at me intensely. His voice sounded a bit coarse, but calm. It sent chills down my spine.

 

Again? What is he getting at?

 

I decided to ignore it and continue walking away, but as I turned to leave, he was in front of me with one huge leap. Making my hair fly around, as if a big wind had just blown. I could see myself reflecting in his eyes.

 

Who are you?” I asked my voice trembling a bit.

 

He leaned in and whispered something in my ear and then he was gone.

 

You will find out soon.

 

 

I stood there dumbfounded for a while before actually making my way home.

 

Who are you?

 

The next morning I woke up with an unusual headache. Last night’s events had shocked me a bit, and I tried my best not to let it bother me. I walked to the bathroom and took a pill to calm down the raging pounding that was going on in my head.

 

Who is he? How does he know me?

 

The questions about the mysterious person popped in my mind every now and then. I tried to shake them off, it didn’t work out as well as I had hoped. When the evening reached I was hesitant if to go the hilltop or not. I was too much of a coward to go, he didn’t seem like someone I would like to get involved with. He seems like a nutcase. Who knows what he’ll do to me. Better to stay at home for a while.

 

Like this a week passed after I finally had courage to go back to the hilltop. I had made peace with myself, and decided whoever I met there, had to be gone by this time.

 

After pacing back and forth in my room for about fifteen minutes, I grabbed my coat and exited the house.

 

For some reason my heart was jittering and I walked to the hilltop faster than usual. To my astonishment, he was sitting there. I couldn’t help to be bothered by him.

 

Has he been here for the past week everyday?

 

I was hesitant if to go and take a seat on the bench or not, but in the end I forced myself to be as calm as possible.

 

Hello,” I said in slightly cracking voice and took a seat right next to him.

 

I’m trying to be stupidly brave, aren’t I ? Well… let’s see what happens.

 

He gave me a small glance and just nodded without saying a word. I was waiting for him to say something...anything really. On contrary, he was just sitting there with a blank look on his face. It irritated me a bit.

 

I turned my gaze up to the stars. They were even more beautiful than last week, because the temperature had dropped quite a bit.

 

They’re the only things connecting you to this world, right?”

 

I turned my gaze back to the boy and let out a loud scoff.

 

What do you even know about me?”

 

He looked at me and sighed loudly. After that he removed his scarf and wrapped it around my neck.

 

You wanted to see me this much that you forgot to dress up warmly? I’m not going to go anywhere anytime soon.”

 

Can he get anymore cockier?

 

If I was so desperate to see you, I would’ve been here the next day I met you.”

 

He let out a small laugh and looked at me with a warm smile.

 

Touche”

 

,,But seriously, who are you? What are you even doing here?”

 

The curiosity got the best of me and I just had to ask. I bit my lip a bit and kept looking at his reactions. His expression changed from a cheerful one to a bit sorrowful one.

 

What does this mean?

 

I know the answers, but I’m not supposed to tell you.” He said with a quiet voice.

 

Alright, very mysterious. ‘Not supposed to tell me’, but you will anyways, right?”

 

Maybe...maybe not. It depends.” He had a mischievous look on his face and his eyes were twinkling like the stars in the sky.

 

He somehow looks…happy? I wonder why.

 

,,Come back tomorrow and think of a way to persuade me to tell you something.”

 

Is this a game for him? Persuade him? Well, he doesn’t seem flat out dangerous person. I should still be careful though.

 

I came to a conclusion that I should buy him hot chocolate. I didn’t know much about him, so that was my only lead as to persuade him to tell me anything. Besides, it sounded interesting. The next evening I went to my favorite little coffee shop and decided for a peppermint hot chocolate.


When I arrived to the hilltop, he was already there. I walked towards him and handed him the hot beverage. He looked at it with a puzzled look and then took it slowly out of my hands.

 

What’s this?,” he smelled it a bit and I could see his face light up a bit.

 

This is persuasion. I will bring you a different taste of beverage every night and in return you will tell me something I want to know. How does that sound?”

 

He giggled out loud and looked at me with a playful smile.

 

Deal. I don’t mind.”

 

Good. So, my first question is...do you know me from somewhere?”

 

He took a sip from his hot chocolate and gave me a nod.

 

Yes, I do.”

 

I looked at him intensely as trying to remember anything remotely related to him. Something that would perk my memory as to where I’ve seen this person, but there was emptiness. Nothing looked familiar about him.

And when I ask from where you won’t answer me, right?”

 

He looked at the stars for a bit and then at me.

 

It’s not according to the rules, is it?” and then he gave me a wink.

 

For some reason, my heart skipped a beat.

 

Why am I feeling so strange all of a sudden?

It’s like I do know him from somewhere, but can’t put my finger on it.

 

Keys. Phone. Wallet. Nothing.

 

I looked at the sky as if waiting answers to fall down on me. I needed them so badly.

 

 

My name is Aleah, what’s your name?” I reached out my hand so he could shake it.

He looked at it for a bit hesitantly, but shook it slowly while looking straight into my eyes.

 

My name is Jackson”

 

For some reason a headache hit me and I grabbed my forehead.

 

My name is Jackson” Jackson, Jackson…

 

Some weird images popped to my mind that I was sure I had never seen before.

 

Aleah? Aleah?! Are you alright?”

 

The boy called Jackson looked at me worriedly and shook me a bit.

 

I think I just remembered something. . but I’m not sure.”

 

A smile appeared on his lips and he grabbed my hands.

 

You did? You remembered something?” He looked like a small puppy excited for a treat. Then it hit me...Why is he happy over me remembering something?

 

The truth was that I got into a car accident years ago. My mom and dad died that day, but for some reason, I was the only one who survived. The doctors called it a miracle. When I woke up, I had no idea who I was or what had happened. I had lost all my prior memories, I was a miserable human being, who couldn’t see anything in bright tones. I tried to start my life all over again, but it seemed impossible. It’s as if there was always something missing, something that I was searching for. I had no idea what it was.

 

Jackson popping out of nowhere, claiming to know me, me regaining some snippets of lost memory. It all seemed weird...and unnatural.

 

I nodded as an answer and got up from the bench. Whoever he is, he’s the key to regaining my previous memories.

 

I think I’m going home for today. I’ll see you here tomorrow?”

He nodded as an answer and I rushed back home. That night I had trouble falling asleep, I kept repeating the images in my head that had come back to me.

 

 

We were in some sort of blue room, I was looking straight at smiling Jackson, who seemed somehow different. .

 

It was all I could remember at the time. I kept repeating it until I fell asleep.

 

In the morning I had troubles getting out of the bed. All my limbs were aching and I just wanted to stay home. Reluctantly I walked to the bathroom and took a shower, got dressed and ate breakfast.

 

The school day went by so slowly. It seemed as if everything on that day was mocking me. When the lessons finally ended I couldn’t had been more glad. It really lightened up my mood, because I could finally get to go home. Since the accident, I had lost all my previous friends, that I had. They couldn’t adapt to the situation of me not being able to remember anything and claiming that I was a completely different person. What could’ve I done? I didn’t remember who I was before. Having no friends actually didn’t bother me as much, it was peaceful being alone.

 

When the evening reached, I popped into the coffee shop again and got him a hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows.

 

I hope he’ll like this. He should tell me his preferences...so I’d know what he’d rather have.

 

Once again, I was making my way up and for some reason I felt dizzy and my heart couldn’t calm down.

 

Will I be able to remember something else?

 

When I reached the hilltop, he was waiting for me again. I breathed in and out loudly before I had courage to take a seat.

 

Hey, I brought you something a bit different today. I’m not sure if you’ll like it.”

 

He looked at the cup in my hand excitedly and I had no choice but to hand it over.

 

I’m sure I’ll like it. Thank you. So what’s your today’s question?”

 

When he noticed tiny little marshmallows in his cup he broke out laughing.

 

This is so cute. Really.”

 

Well, I’m glad you like it. Do you know what kind of person I was before?”

 

Yes, I do. In fact very well.”

 

I started to dislike the agreement we made. It felt like I would go into bankruptcy before getting actual answers out of him.

 

Okay, please tell me… how I was like before?” He looked at me with playful twinkle in his eyes.

 

Persuade me”

Something inside of me snapped.

 

When he wants me to persuade him, I shall do that.

 

I looked straight into his eyes, put my hands on his cheeks and leaned in for a kiss. I touched his lips softly with mine and nibbled on his upper lip before backing away again.

 

 

His cheeks flushed slightly red and he put his hot chocolate on the ground.

 

What is he..?

 

Before I could finish my thought, I felt the same familiar warm lips on mine. He ran his fingers through my hair and pulled me closer to him. He bit my upper lip and whispered softly.

 

I’m persuaded and can’t wait anymore. I’m sorry Lena,” he let his tongue slip inside of my mouth and play with mine. I was confused as to what was going on, but before I could even think anything. A series of pictures started going through my head as if I was watching a movie. At some point my head started aching again, but this time without no control. I could feel my consciousness fading.

 

 

Ah, I see now. I understand.

 

When I opened my eyes I was in an unfamiliar room. All my limbs felt stiff and achy. I looked around slowly and noticed Jackson nodding off in a chair next to the bed. A faint smile appeared on my face as I reached out and touched his cheek softly. He woke up at the touch, grabbed my hand and focused his eyes on me.

 

His voice was trembling as he said quietly:

 

Lena…? Are you back?”

 

I nodded slowly and he kissed the tips of my fingers in relief. A few tears escaped from his eyes as he grabbed me into a bearhug.

 

I thought I had lost you forever. Do you have any idea how much I’ve missed you? Why did you leave me?”

 

I let out a loud sigh and the warmth of his body felt so welcoming...so perfect.

 

Jackson, you know why I had to do it. I thought you wouldn’t even give me a chance to try.”

 

It didn’t work out as you hoped, huh?” I could hear his voice getting more sad and his grip on me tighten as if he was worried I would disappear from his arms.

 

No… I had no idea, that it wouldn’t give her another chance. I thought I could bring her back. Jackson...I failed.” Tears burst from my eyes as I clung onto him tightly.

 

He patted my head slowly and tried to comfort me as much as he could.

 

 

My name is Lena.

 

Me and Jackson are actually not from this world. We are from another planet far away from Earth. We both have been researching and investigating humans for centuries. I was always fascinated by them and more fond of them than any other from my species. Others couldn’t understand what I saw in them. Since they are weaklings. They born into this world and then they die the next second. For us, it feels like they are on Earth only for a few minutes.

 

I got very fond of a girl named Aleah. She...was different. She was like a sun who shined brightly on every day. She was kind to everyone around her, even to those who weren’t kind to her. She would never give up at setbacks, she fought her way through difficulties. I had no idea where that strength came from. Then something very bad happened. She got into an accident, and her parents died.

 

After that, she changed completely. I thought I could help her, I was sure I could save her. Make the pain to go away. I thought I could help her LIVE again. I planted myself in her body, but for some reason Aleah gave up completely… She decided not to exist. I tried my best to persuade her stay and not give up. My species were against as to what I was doing, so in order not to be interrupted by them, I decided to seal some of my memories and knowledge away. But unexpectedly an error happened in the process, it didn’t only seal away part of my memories, but all of them and also the knowledge I had so far. Aleah ceased to exist completely and I had taken her place without even knowing it. I had been living as a human for over 5 years.

 

In our Planet, when a person falls in love, it’s for as long as we live. Our lives are a lot longer than human lives are, the suffering is also bigger. We are species of knowledge… and things like feelings are second rate. This is the main reason I have been attracted to humans. They FEEL everything. It’s what makes it so significant.

 

I’ve actually dishonored my species. The moment I decided to help Aleah, I abandoned Jackson. He was actually my one true love. I felt so sorry towards him, I had left him. If it wasn’t for him, I would’ve probably died in Aleah’s body in due time. I was literally withering away, without having a knowledge of it myself.

 

I was sobbing in Jackson’s hands quietly. “She’s gone...Jackson. She’s gone,” since I was still in human form. . I could feel everything just as humans do.

 

,,I know darling...I know. I’m here for you, forever and always.”

 

 

He planted kisses all over my face and wiped away my tears. I was so glad he was there for me…

I decided to collect all the data that I had of Aleah and also all her memories. I had not given up completely...maybe I could revive her in a way.

 

We did everything that was in our power. We stood on the hillside holding hands and looking down at the quiet city. It was time to return, our time was up. We looked at each other with warm smiles and disappeared into the night sky.