Happy Holidays, bluelover15

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2016 [News update from the 2017.07.01]

Gift for bluelover15

Gift from ???

Title of the gift: Getting Close

Pairing(s): Markson, side! 2jae

How many words: 1,943

Rating: 13+

Warnings: Has two or three curse words in it.


Note to my giftee: Hey magneticgirl. This is not much but I hope you like it. Merry Christmas and enjoy.


Getting Close

 

*Just Wanna Get Close*

 

Jackson has always had a thing for his hyung, Mark. At first it was a simple crush. He found Mark to be attractive and that was all. But with the three years they have known each other, been together in the same school and same class, those feelings have really gotten strong. You would really find it surprising how Mark and Jackson have known each other since junior year to senior in high school, how they share the same group of friends but they are not that close. It’s not like they hate each other or anything. The two are just shy with each other and their friends know that. To Jackson, he just feels that Mark is not interested in him but his friends do tell him otherwise. And he just wants to know if they are right or not.

 

During lunch break, the guys meet up at their usual table, trying to enjoy their food and little free time from the boring and tiring lessons.

“Babe, do you really have to eat only an apple for lunch? Can’t you have some real food? You are going to get sick if you continue eating like this.” Youngjae pouts as he clings to his boyfriend’s, Jaebum’s, hand. The other guys roll their eyes at the cute couple.

“I can’t. We have a dance competition coming up in two days and I have to watch my weight. Plus I have juice.” Jaebum says as he inter-twins his fingers with his boyfriend.

“But isn’t practicing enough? At least you should eat.” The younger puts his head on Jaebum’s shoulder as he pouts again.

“Will you two get a room? We are trying to eat our lunch here and we would like to keep our food in our stomachs.” Jinyoung interrupts them. Youngjae sticks his tongue out at him.

“Jealous much?”

Jinyoung scoffs. “Jealous my .”

“Yah, Youngjae hyung, I’m also on a diet and going to the same competition as Jaebum hyung so why aren’t you worried about me too?” Yugyeom asks, folding his hands against his chest seeming offended and wanting some pampering too.

“You’re having salads. That’s much better than an apple. And you’re eating some of Bambam’s food.” Youngjae frowns at him before going back to getting Jaebum to at least have some of his food.

Jinyoung frowns at his friends before looking to his left side, focusing on his other friend who has been playing with his food and looking at the school cafeteria entrance every minute.

“If you want to see him that much, then just go and look for him. I’m worried about that plate and spoon.” Jackson immediately looks at Jinyoung and his friends, who are now concentrating on him.

“What are you talking about?” He innocently asks before stuffing his mouth with rice.

“Oh Mark hyung is here.” As soon as Bambam says that, Jackson’s head moves in the direction of the cafeteria entrance and he is immediately filled with disappointment and embarrassment. His friends try their best to stifle their laughs. And if a glare could kill a person, then Bambam would have been dead.

“Yeah, ‘what am I talking’?” Jinyoung mocks Jackson. “Lasers can’t come out of your eyes so stop looking at Bambam like that.” He adds and this time, no one tries to hold in their laughs. Jackson palms his face and sighs.

“Where is Mark hyung anyway?” After their laughter dies down, Yugyeom asks and everyone once again looks at Jackson.

“Now you want to know.” The guys just give him ‘innocent’ looks as if they were not just laughing at him. “The chemistry teacher asked him to stay behind. But he’s taking so long.”

“Why’s that?”

“Don’t know…..” Jackson shrugs.

“Come on Wang, we know you love him so much….”

“No I don’t-.”

“And don’t want to tell us things only the two of you know but just tell us what you know. He’s our friend too.” Jaebum ignores him and finishes his statement, earning hard nods from the other guys.

“Well I don’t think it’s in my place to tell you.”

“Just tell us!”

“Okay…” Jackson raises his hands. “He’s failing Chemistry and the teacher said if he fails again this time, he would have to retake the subject. That’s all I heard.”

The guys all sigh. “Well that’s some .” Jaebum says and he receives mumbled agreements.

“I have an idea.” Jinyoung suddenly says. And he continues when no one says anything. At least he has their attention. “Why don’t we form a study group and help our hyung. Jackson does very well in Chemistry amongst us so he will help him and we’ll come in and help with the things he doesn’t know.” He suggests.

“Yeah, umm, there is no way that is happening.” Jackson nervously says.

“Jackson, do you want to get close to Mark?” Jinyoung seriously asks.

And without hesitation, Jackson answers with a firm nod.

“Then do this. We’ll be with you. Bambam, Yugyeom and I will--…”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, why is it that only you three are making a study group. What about JB and me?” Youngjae asks, frowning at his friends.

“Because we don’t want to be disturbed by your disgusting lovey-dovey moments.” Jinyoung sarcastically says and sweetly smiles at the couple who seem offended.

“This won’t do. We’ll be there too.” Youngjae, ignoring Jinyoung, says. “I don’t get to see you a lot because of the competition so we’ll be able to spend time together.” He whispers this to his boyfriend.

“What was that?”

“Nothing….” Youngjae says and pulls Jaebum out of the cafeteria, waving his friends goodbye.

“We should be getting to class too.” Bambam says and they all stand up.

“Hey don’t worry about it that much. Think of it like this, you get to help Mark and become close to him, killing two birds with one stone. And we’ll be with you.” Jinyoung pats Jackson’s back, winks at him and leaves. Jackson shakes his head and sighs, heading to class too.

 

***

 

The first thing that Mark does when he’s friends come up to him and tell him that they will be remaining after school so that they can help him with his Chemistry ‘Problem’ is to look at Jackson accusingly.

“They forced me to tell.”

“Were you eavesdropping?”

“Not a lot…”

“Jack---.”

“Anyway,” Jinyoung interrupts them, “what has happened, has happened. I thought you trusted us hyung.”

“Of course I do.”

“Then to make up for not telling us that you’re not doing well in Chemistry, we are staying after classes are over.” And the discussion ends.

 

***

 

And this is how they find themselves in an empty dance room.

“You don’t have to stay….” Jackson silently tells Mark, worried that he might be upset for Jackson having told on him and being forced to stay.

“It’s fine as long as this will help me pass Chemistry. But then again I think I’m starting to regret this.” The two guys look at their friends.

Bambam is checking himself out on the big mirror, Yugyeom is dancing around, then there is the 2jae couple at the corner of the room so absorbed in their little world and Jinyoung is going through his bag. He’s the only who seems serious.

“What is this? I thought we were supposed to be studying?” Jackson speaks up.

“Oh right.” They all gather around and sit on the floor in a circle.

“Wait, Yug and I are not in the same class or grade as you guys so if you excuse us we’ll be over there.” Bambam says while pulling Yugyeom with him.

“And Jaebum said he has to show me…ummm…. something.” Youngjae also pulls Jaebum away.

“Okay so I guess it’s just the three of u--.”

“Actually, umm, I promised to help Bambam with his Math homework. You guys start studying without me. I’ll join you later.” Jackson gives Jinyoung a look of betrayal and Jinyoung pays him no attention. He smiles at the two and leaves them alone.

“What is this? They are all acting weird.” Mark mumbles. “I guess it’s just me and you.” He slightly smiles.

“S-sure….j-just me and you.” Jackson breaths heavily before looking at his crossed legs.

“You don’t have to do this if you’re uncomfortable you know.”

“No…we are the ones who brought you here so I have to do this. What shall we start with?”

“Hmm….”

 

***

 

By the end of the day, they don’t even get to study. Jackson kept on getting nervous. It was like he would freeze or stop breathing when Mark moves closer to him or if their hands touch or just brush against each other. And to top it all, their five friends were making so much noise that the two had just stopped studying and joined in on the fun. They would have stayed some more if it wasn’t for a teacher who asked them to leave because they were making so much noise and disturbing the whole school.

They all part ways and go to their homes, leaving Mark and Jackson, who live in the same area, alone.

They sit on the seats next to each other in the bus but don’t say anything apart from Jackson asking Mark if he didn’t bring his bicycle and the latter shaking his head.

 

It surprises Jackson when Mark drops off at the same bus station as him and he doesn’t hide it.

“I’ll go with you.” Mark says when he sees Jackson’s expression and smiles.

“But wouldn’t that make your place even more far?”

“It’s okay. I’ll be doing some exercise anyway.” He shrugs and they start to walk silently.

“I’m sorry you couldn’t get to study.” Jackson apologizes. ‘And that we couldn’t get close.’ He sadly thinks.

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll just find another way to get my grades up.” Jackson nods as he kicks a stone and watches it roll away.

“I’m turning here.” Jackson points at his right side while Mark looks at the opposite direction, the way to his house. His face drops a little before he looks up and smiles at Jackson.

“Okay, see you tomorrow.” They both turn their backs to each other and start to slowly walk away.

Mark remembers he text his received from Jinyoung on the bus.

Jinyoungie: I won’t say much but you two really need to stop being oblivious with the way you feel about each other. I’m tired (and the guys too) of helping you guys out. Tell him how you feel. He feels the same way. So just pull your together and go make out or something. Love you hyung^^.

Well it’s now or never.

“Hey Jackson,” Jackson immediately turns around upon hearing Mark’s voice. “If it’s okay with you, I’d like you to help me with Chemistry but just the two of us.”

“Yes.” The words just come out of Jackson’s mouth without even being processed in his brain.

“How’s Saturday?”

“Good….it’s great actually.”

“Okay. See you then. I’ll text you.”

“Okay. Bye.”

 

And they both turn around, walking away from each other but this time, with silly smiles on their faces. Jackson has the biggest grin on his face and it takes everything in him to stop himself from jumping and doing a victory dance on the street.

What a nice day!

 

THE END<3<3<3