Happy Holidays, heyugyeom

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2016 [News update from the 2017.07.01]

Gift for heyugyeom

Gift from ???

Title of the gift: Shall we date?

Pairing(s): Jingyeom

How many words: 2500

Rating: PG

Warnings: one random dirty joke; may be too cheesy for one’s liking;

Note to my giftee: MERRY CHRISTMAS! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT AND LOVELY HOLIDAY! I also hope that my gift is good enough for you! Things may seem a little rushed, so I apologize beforehand!




Shall We Date?


 

Shall we prank our friends?” Jinyoung questions, resting his chin on his arms while staring at Yugyeom whom is reading a comic book.

 

“What?” Yugyeom looks up and whispers his response completely evident with curiosity and confusion.

 

“The prank? Um, how does dating me sound?” Jinyoung smiles mischievously, sending Yugyeom an effortless wink. Not knowing what to do, Yugyeom cracks an awkward smile.

 

***

 

Throughout the week, Jinyoung continues to ask Yugyeom about whether he wants to do the prank or not. But it seems that Jinyoung did not want to take a ‘no’ as an answer, so Yugyeom ends up agreeing.

 

“Let’s tell them during the school trip to the amusement park!” Jinyoung announces excitedly. Yugyeom exhales and nods, not sure about why Jinyoung decided to do such a ridiculous prank.

 

***

 

Only a few days left until the school trip and unknowingly, Yugyeom became more and more anxious around Jinyoung. Though Yugyeom does not seem to notice the change at all, Jinyoung does and uses it to his advantage to tease Yugyeom and throw ‘hints’ at their friends.

 

“Yugyeom!” Jinyoung calls out upon seeing the younger exit his house to head to school. Yugyeom smiles and greets Jinyoung happily, making Jinyoung want nothing more than to tease the younger. “Can we hold hands?”

 

Yugyeom hesitates before questioning Jinyoung shyly, “why?”

 

Jinyoung uses the excuse of making the prank more convincing while holding out his hand demandingly. Yugyeom once again, hesitates, allowing Jinyoung to grab the younger’s hand himself. Surprisingly, Yugyeom’s hand felt extremely hot and sweaty as Jinyoung held it.

 

***

 

The ride to the amusement park was only meant to be 30 minutes, but to Yugyeom, it feels much longer. Especially when Jinyoung is leaning against him whilst acting like everything is normal. He glances towards his best friend whom seems to find job in his discomfort, thus, decides to crack jokes.

 

“It’s like you two are dating!” Bambam laughs, gently slapping Jackson’s arm who laughs along.

 

“Oh? How did you know?” Jinyoung acts surprised with open and eyes wide. Bambam and Jackson stops laughing and begins to consult the ‘couple’.

 

As soon as they arrived at the amusement park, Jackson and Bambam bolts their way to reunion with the rest of their friends from other classes to provide them with the information. Not questioning much, they all end up congratulating the couple and thought that it be a perfect opportunity for them to plan out the couple’s ‘date’.

 

“Hey,” Yugyeom whispers to Jinyoung whilst their friends are busy, “should we tell them before they get, like, too excited?”

 

Jinyoung nods, but Yugyeom could see that he did not want to stop the prank, at least not yet.

 

While Jinyoung went with Youngjae to buy ride tickets for the rest of them, Bambam thought that their youngest friend may need some dating advice.

 

“Yugyeom, let me teach you the art of dating,” he starts, extending his arm as if he was a tour guide, “let’s start by using the haunted house technique in order to get you two closer.”

 

“But you’re single, you can’t teach me,” Yugyeom said, acting all smug just to annoy his friend.

 

“No, but listen. How about you go on rides? Like actual rides, not ride each other--” Bambam’s dirty jokes were brought to a stop with Mark’s interruption of hold his laughter and his arms waving around to stop the Thai member. Yugyeom, instead of laughing off the joke, he blushes at the idea of Bambam’s suggestion. Fortunately, his friends were too busy with Bambam to notice his bright burning red face.

 

That is, until Jinyoung returned with Youngjae and the tickets and sends him a wink and a audible, “miss me?”

 

Youngjae cringes while Jaebum tries to get a hold of the tickets before a tragedy falls upon it. Bambam still suggests going into the haunted house but as teams to see who screams the least; losers pays for food. Though, the whole group knew that Bambam just did not dare to go by himself, they all want along with it for the free food.

 

Jinyoung chooses Yugyeom obviously, not because he was ‘dating’ Yugyeom, but because he wanted to see Yugyeom’s frightened reactions.

 

The haunted house included 5 rooms, where it apparently gets scarier and scarier. Jinyoung volunteers to go first for he simply could not wait. Yugyeom, on the other hand, did not mind so they both took off with Jinyoung holding Yugyeom’s hand.

 

The first room is plain boring as the entrance lights still shined through and Yugyeom did not show a single reaction. Slowly, as the travel through the rooms, Jinyoung feels irritated, Yugyeom did not show a single reaction other than amazement towards the worker’s efforts and displays. While Jinyoung continues to stare at Yugyeom’s face, wanting to see a reaction, he is able to locate the mini setup hole and ends up stepping into it, thus, falling over.

 

Jinyoung looks up immediately due to Yugyeom’s laugher. Though he is embarrassed, he got Yugyeom to stop laughing by reminding the younger of the rules. Jinyoung continues to act as if he is not embarrassed of falling into such a dumb set up by asking Yugyeom to help him up.

 

The younger lets out one last giggle before pulling Jinyoung up with a strong tug, causing the older to regain his balance after hitting his face onto Yugyeom’s chest. Jinyoung looks up to complain, only to see Yugyeom’s gentle smiling face which left him speechless and feeling uncomfortable as if his stomach was twisting and turning. He wonders why.

 

At the end of the game, poor Jaebum’s group lost for he had to be with both Youngjae and Bambam.

 

“You both pay 40% each, i’m paying 20%.” Jaebum states, referring back to the amount of times the younger screamed.

 

“You screamed too! Almost as loud as us both combined!” Youngjae and Bambam replies with disgust evident on their faces,

 

“But not in terms of quantity!” Jaebum retorts.

 

While the three try their best to even out the percentages, Mark and Jackson happily watches them as their money were safe. And Jinyoung is still glancing at Yugyeom with confusion as he finds the younger somewhat more attractive. Maybe it was because of how coolly he handled the haunted house? Jinyoung just did not understand this feeling he is getting.

 

***

 

A month passes by fairly quickly with Jinyoung and his emotions and Yugyeom and his anxiousness, they started to talk less and easily forgot that they were still pranking their friends.

 

“Is Jinyoung not at school today?” Jaebum questions at break time. Jackson nods in agreement while scrolling through his text messages.

 

“He said he has a cold or something.” Jackson adds before turning to Yugyeom. “Are you going to see him after school?”

 

“Why?” Yugyeom looks up at his friends, confused. Though Yugyeom and Jinyoung may have forgotten about their relationship, their friends sure did not.

 

“Oh. Aren’t you guys dating?” Youngjae blurts out, getting straight to the point before the others could say anything else. Yugyeom eyes widen in realisation, but the others took it as if the younger is experiencing a problem with his relationship with Jinyoung.

 

“Uh, I’ll be back,” Yugyeom announces and leaves.

 

“Is this a rot?” Mark whispers once Yugyeom is far enough. He is concerned after seeing Yugyeom’s face and reaction. Bambam nods.

 

“Of course!” He starts in English. “Why else would someone react like that? We have to help him fix this!”

 

As soon as school ended, Yugyeom was dragged along with the rest of them as they went to buy Jinyoung ‘get better soon’ gifts.

 

“Flowers?” Jackson suggests.

 

“Yes!” Youngjae replies. “Obviously get him medication first.”

 

Whilst his friends are enjoying their time picking out gifts, Yugyeom decided to do the same. He then comes across a chap stick with a faint floral scent. He thought that Jinyoung may really like the chap stick as Jinyoung lips tend to be dry on certain days. Yugyeom could feel his face heat up slightly; he did not understand why he thought of Jinyoung’s lips or even paid enough attention to notice how dry it is. He tells himself that it is completely normal for a friend to be worried about their friend’s dry lips.

 

He ends up buying it anyways and along with the rest of the gifts, he heads to Jinyoung’s house by himself to keep that ‘boyfriend image’. After a few minutes, he reaches Jinyoung’s house and rings the bell which is answered by Jinyoung’s sister.

 

She smiles and allows Yugyeom to come in, who then heads directly towards Jinyoung’s room after removing his shoes to avoid awkwardly talking to Jinyoung’s sisters. This is because Yugyeom found Jinyoung’s sisters quite pretty, just like Jinyoung himself, but that is something that he would never openly admit.

 

“Jinyoung,” Yugyeom calls out as he slowly opens Jinyoung’s bedroom door, worrying that he would disturb the older. Once he enters the room, he is greeted with Jinyoung whom is in bed, resting peacefully. Yugyeom smiles at the sight and as quietly as possible, takes out the gifts and places them nicely on Jinyoung’s study desk.

 

“Are those for me?” Jinyoung said softly, causing Yugyeom to jump a little.

 

“Yeah,” Yugyeom replies, turning around to see Jinyoung looking at him tiredly. Yugyeom smiles again before telling the stubborn elder to go rest again but is then cut off with Jinyoung’s voice.

 

“Thank you, Yugyeom.”

 

Yugyeom did not know what it was, but he felt that uncomfortable and restricting feeling yet happy, and none the less, replies to Jinyoung.

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

***

 

A week after that day, Jinyoung and Yugyeom seems to be getting closer than ever, leaving their friends in relief.

 

“We did it,” Youngjae smiles happily. The rest agrees, completely happy for the two.

 

“Did what?” Jinyoung repeats teasingly, appearing behind Youngjae suddenly, causing the boy to jump in his seat.

 

“Nothing at all,” Jaebum replies, laughing at Youngjae’s reaction. Jinyoung looks at Yugyeom who just smiles back, causing Jinyoung to smile as well.

 

“Sure. Let’s go get lunch, Yugyeom,” Jinyoung says, grabbing Yugyeom’s warm hand.

 

“Let’s tell them about the prank now, it’s been fun seeing their reactions,” Jinyoung states as they lined up to buy food. Yugyeom knows that he is happy to hear that the older wanted to drop the prank, he knows, but he did not feel it in anyway.

 

“Yeah,” Yugyeom replies before feeling as if heavy weight have been placed upon him.

 

***

“What’s up with the sudden movie night, Jinyoung?” Jackson questions as everyone gathers inside Yugyeom’s house.

 

“It’s a surprise,” Jinyoung responds. “What movie you want to watch first?”

 

After a few movies, Yugyeom’s parents left for dinner with his older brother. This is when Jinyoung gives Yugyeom the message via eye contact. Jinyoung and Yugyeom stands up, causing the others to stare curiously.

 

“Are you two going to put on a show?” Youngjae questions jokingly.

 

“Yugyeom and I are not going out,” Jinyoung said after a few seconds of hesitation. Not only that, he could feel a tight pull on his stomach, he certainly did not like the feeling. “It was all a prank!”

 

“Then why is Yugyeom crying?” Mark asks seriously. He did not like the fact that one of his friend is hurt in some way. Jinyoung looks at Yugyeom immediately, Yugyeom returns the look, his expression evident with shock and fear.

 

“I need to go,” Yugyeom said and heads for the door as fast as possible and left.

 

“Is this a prank that you are trying to pull on Yugyeom? It’s not funny, Jinyoung!” Bambam said, raising his voice slightly due to seeing Yugyeom being rarely emotional.

 

“What? No, we were pranking you!” Jinyoung replies, not believing what he heard. “I will go after him.”

 

***

 

“Please pick up,” Jinyoung whispers, holding his phone to his ear while he hurriedly walks down the streets. After a few more calls, Jinyoung gives up and decides to text the younger. After a few minutes, Yugyeom calls Jinyoung back.

 

“Where are you?” Jinyoung starts, trying his best to not scream and sound calm. No response from the other line other than a sniff. “Yugyeom, please tell me.”

 

“...near your house,” Yugyeom finally replies. Jinyoung thanks him and demands the younger to not move before ending the call and shoving his phone into his coat’s pocket to run. Jinyoung felt as if he had never ran before with the current speed he is going at.

 

Jinyoung pulls out his phone once his house is about a street away to call the younger, whose phone rang and gave away his location to Jinyoung.

 

“Wow, you’re fast. Did you wait long?” Jinyoung manages to say in between breaths. Yugyeom, whom is sitting in the bus stop, nods, causing an long silence to be created between the two. Jinyoung coughs before asking the younger a question.

 

“Why did you cry?”

 

Yugyeom looks up at Jinyoung before looking down with a bright red face. “I think, but I am not sure. I think it was because I like dating you.”

 

“What do you mean?” Jinyoung questioned.

 

“I think I like you,” Yugyeom whispers through his hand which are covering his face. Despite this, Jinyoung heard the younger and he finally understands why he feels this certain emotion around Yugyeom.

 

“How do you know?” jinyoung asks, wanting to tease the younger. Yugyeom blushes nearly to his ears as he sat there, hands still covering his face. “Do you want to hold hands?”

 

Yugyeom hesitates before giving one strong nod.

 

“Oh? What else? You tell me, Yugyeom.” Jinyoung said, face heating up at the thought of Yugyeom actually wanting to hold his hand.

 

“I want to hug you, Jinyoung.” Yugyeom whispers, but more audible this time. Upon hearing his name, Jinyoung smiles uncontrollably.

 

“And?”

 

Yugyeom drops his hands from his face and looks up directly into Jinyoung’s eyes. “I want to love you.”

 

Jinyoung holds one hand up to cover his large smile.

 

“Wow, I may have fallen for you too.” Jinyoung states, feeling his face heat up as Yugyeom continues to stare at him. “This may sound completely stupid too. But do you want to try going out as a real couple?”

 

Yugyeom looks at Jinyoung, unsure. “What?”

 

“I might like you too, .” Jinyoung whispers. “So let’s date seriously.”

 

Yugyeom brightens up upon seeing how frustrated Jinyoung seems to be. Yugyeom knew that this is a green light, so he reaches out for Jinyoung’s hands.

 

“What?” Jinyoung shutters, looking away from Yugyeom’s loving eyes.

 

“I love you.”

 

Jinyoung did not know how he could feel so many emotions at once, but he knew that he did not want to lose to Yugyeom. He leads down and gives Yugyeom a kiss on the forehead, making the younger stare back with wide eyes and an opened mouth.

 

“Me too.”