2- Hell is Unleashed

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

Mina was judging herself in front of a mirror to see how she looked like in a silky white dress that she recently bought from the mall. She thought it was kind of funny because the only reason why she bought this dress was because of the 'Buy 1 get 30% off" deal at the mall, which is something that no girl would just let pass them. She hung it at the back of her closet because she didn't think she would ever find use for it. But look at her now. She was getting ready for a staff dinner party and wanted to make sure she looked good without necessarily overdoing it, and the dress fit just right for that.

Just then, someone rang the doorbell and Mina walked over to see who it was. 

"It's me!" Bora yelled through the security monitor that Mina was checking. 

Mina opened the door for Bora who took off her shoes at the front steps before fully walking in. She furthered herself in and began to gaze around the apartment that she has never been in before. 

"Wow, it's so nice and clean," Bora stated with her jaws still dropped, although Mina thought her apartment was really nothing special. 

"You think so? Well, grab a seat really quick. I'm still getting ready," Mina's voice echoed as she headed to her room. 

"Wow Kwon Mina. It's my first time seeing you get dress up. There must be someone that you like," Bora joked as she walked around the livingroom to look around at the portraits on the shelf. 

"Of course not. I just wanted to look nice for once," Mina replied from her bedroom. "And if you are thirsty, I have iced tea in the refrigerator."

"Alright," Bora replied as she continued to slowly walk around while observing Mina's belongings such as pictures or valuable items that she had in a glass shelf. 

After keeping herself company for a couple minutes while Mina was still getting ready, she decided to grab a cup of iced tea to cool herself down since she was getting hot, and also because she just wanted to keep herself busy since it looked like Mina was going to take a little longer than she expected. She brought the cup of iced tea back with her as she sat on the couch and continued her wait for Mina. 

"Sorry for keeping you waiting, but can you zip up the back of my dress?" Mina asked as she stood in front of Bora with her back facing her and hair whipped to the side. 

"No it's fine! Look at you in this pink dress," Bora squirmed as she set her tea on a small table and stood to zip up Mina's pink dress. She then grabbed her tea and sat back down, carelessly forgetting that her iced tea was filled towards the brim of the cup. 

Bora quickly set aside the tea before standing up to find the end of her light pink dress stained."Oh no! My dress!"

Mina rapidly handed her a handful of tissue to wipe the stained tea on her dress, although it was obvious that it was no use. "What to do? Do you want to wear one of my dresses?"

"Can I? My house is pretty far from here and we won't have any time to go back."

"Of course. Just come look in my closet," Mina said as she led Bora to the closet in her bedroom. 

And just like earlier, Bora's rounded eyes were wide open as she looked around Mina's room, although once again, there was certainly nothing special to it except the fact that it was tidy and clean. 

"Wow. You have a lot more dresses than I expected of the non-girly Mina," Bora joked as she looked around at the closet filled with dresses. 

"I'm pretty girly too you know. Just grab any one that you like." Mina then walked back out of the room to allow Bora to choose whatever dress and change into it.

When Bora was done changing, she walked out of the restroom in a sky blue lace dressed while carrying her stained dress in her arm. She then began to look around the room since it would not hurt to spare a couple minutes to learn more about Mina's lifestyle since she was really never opened about it. A smile came across her face when she saw pictures of Mina and her parents when she was still younger, or when Mina had 2 missing teeth in the front but still smiled so proudly for the camera. Moving forward and inching towards the corner of the room, she grabbed a book from the bookshelf and began to flip through it. 

"Did you really read all these books?" Bora asked as she flipped through pages of a book that she randomly picked. 

"Yeah. I read on my free time or whenever I'm bored," Mina replied who was in the livingroom doing other things for now. 

Bora continued to grab books one by one and look through them just to keep herself a little busy for the time being. She was never a big reader but have always told herself that she would start reading more someday. Maybe that could start happening since her library could practically be Mina's bookshelf in her bedroom.

But as she was flipping through one of the books, she was stopped on a page that had something that looked like a bookmark. But the weird thing was that it was placed in the middle of the book where it could not even be seen if it was meant to be a bookmark, unless it somehow slipped through. She slowly grabbed this "bookmark", but soon realized that it was something more than just a bookmark. It was an old picture of Mina and a man smiling. 

"Oh? Mina's had a boyfriend before? Then why is this here?" Bora asked as she looked at the photo closely with a smile. She was quite surprised since she was never used to the idea of Mina having a boyfriend, or to be a little more accurate, she wasn't even sure if Mina has talked to any boy before.

Suddenly, she realized something odd about this picture of Mina and her thought to be boyfriend. Why did this man look familiar? Really familiar. 

"Wow, how crazy! He looks like Baekhyun!" Bora said to herself in astonishment because of the strong resemblance. She looked towards the door way in attempt to tell Mina about this when she suddenly noticed something else on the back. She flipped the photo around to get a better look of it and saw that there was writing.

March 21

He took me out on a surprise date because he wanted to make up to me for being so busy with auditions for the past few days. 

To be honest, I was even getting a little upset and thought that he had forgotten all about me. But it wasn't like that and I was just

being too selfish. We went to buy couple phone cases, shop around at the mall, eat delicious food, and then talk about our

feelings or any misunderstandings. It made me realize that he was still the same man that I fell in love with in the first place. 

Byun Baekhyun, I love you~

"Byun.... Baekhyun?" Bora asked herself as she studied the man's face in the picture. 

No way that this man in the photo was the Byun Baekhyun, the top and rising actor in Korea at the moment as we know it. However, Bora's guts was telling her otherwise. Sure there are other people out there who may have the same name as Byun Baekhyun, but how do you convince yourself that it's another person when the man in the photo looked all too familiar to the actor? She traced her thoughts back to the talkshow with Baekhyun where he mentioned that he never had a first love. Was he telling the truth or lying to everybody? But no, Baekhyun would never lie to his fans about such a thing. However, another thought crossed Bora's mind that quickly replaced the reassurance. Why was Mina always so despiteful whenever Baekhyun was mentioned? Bora has always thought that maybe Mina didn't care for the popular actor who was everywhere on advertisements and television. But could there be more? 

"Kwon Mina... Dated Byun Baekhyun?" Bora asked herself who couldn't process the thought in her mind. In fact, it sounded more like a ridiculous joke to her. 

Why would someone as good looking as Byun Baekhyun ever date someone average like Mina? Sure that sounded pretty mean, but Bora really felt this way! She wanted to deny that this whole thing was just false and she was just overthinking it. However, she had a hard time to when the evidence was literally pounding in her face. Being a big and hardcore fan of Baekhyun for years now, there's no doubt that this man in the photo was Baekhyun. 

"Are you ready?" Mina suddenly asked as she entered the room.

Bora quickly looked up at Mina in shock while hiding the photo behind her back. "Wha-what? Oh yeah, I'm ready." She was so lost in her thought that she forgot she was even at Mina's house in the first place. 

 

Baekhyun was at a press conference for his new movie and all eyes were on the handsome actor who never failed to show his breathtaking smile. He was sitting alone on a table in front of the room while reporters were taking notes of what he was saying and asking questions in return. With an hour and a half into the press conference, it was time to wrap things up with one last question as stated by Baekhyun's manager. 

Reporters began to raise their hands in hope that they will be chosen to ask the last, and hopefully, impactful question. 

"I'll take the last question from that young gentleman there. I don't remember answering any of your questions yet," Baekhyun said as he pointed at a rather young reporter towards the middle of the room. 

"Yesterday on a talkshow, you mentioned that you never had a first love before. Is it true that someone like you have never fallen in love before?" the reporter asked, causing the rest of the reporters to wonder why he asked such a question with an obvious answer. He's been asked this for the millionth time. 

Baekhyun stayed silent for a brief moment as he thought about something, then smiled because of the question. "I guess this is the last question," he jokingly said. "But yes, I have never fallen in love before. Thank you all for coming," Baekhyun ended with a smile before he stood up and walked out of the room followed by his manager. 

While Baekhyun was walking with his manager by his side, his manager looked rather nervous and anxious for some odd reason. 

"Why do they have to always ask that question? I feel like it's been answered multiple times already," his manager sighed. 

"It's okay. It makes my job a lot easier by answering the same question over and over again," Baekhyun joked as he opened a water bottle and drank it with ease unlike his manager. 



The bells on the door rang and Mina walked into the cafe for another normal day of work. 

"Hello," Mina greeted her other co workers who were already serving customers. 

She quickly walked to the backroom to change her clothes while greeting other workers who also greeted back with a smile. When she was done changing, she went to work right away by cleaning up a table of a customer who had already left. Suddenly, the typically quiet morning in the cafe soon changed. 

"What the heck. What is this?" one of the girls from the day before asked her group of friends. 

"What happened?"

"A Photo of Top Actor Byun Baekhyun and his alleged ex girlfriend is released?"

"WHAT?" 

Mina's swift hand movements suddenly came to a halt as she stood still without moving a finger or muscle. Did she hear correctly? 

"I thought he said he's never had a first love before! Then why is there a picture of him and a girl?!" 

"Are you sure that's really him in the first place? What if they were just friends?"

"Look at it! Do friends really pose like this?" The girl then shined a photo of a picture on her phone to her group of friends who did not take long to gasp in shock, as expected.

Mina dropped the plates in her hands and immediately stormed to the back room in a hurry in order to calm herself down. Why was she acting like this? When she checked to make sure that nobody else was around and she was alone, she began to frantically touch her phone in search of something. And soon enough, her eyes widened with shock and disbelief as she set eyes on the same article that the girls were talking about. 

"A Photo of Top Actor Byun Baekhyun and His Alleged Ex Girlfriend Is Released." And below this title was a familiar looking picture... It was the picture of Mina and Baekhyun. 

 

Baekhyun was still sleeping peacefully in his bed without being aware of the crazy situation outside. Just then, the bell to his door rang once, then twice, and then three more times. 

He let out an exasperated sigh before sitting himself up. "Damn it. Who's here this early in the morning?" He groaned.

He forced himself to the door with his eyes still closed and his flat hair bouncing up and down with every rough footstep he took, making you wonder if he was acting this way because he hasn't slept in days. And with the way he swung the door open, you think he was ready to give whoever this person was that was bothering him at this early in the morning, a piece of his mind. However, it did not take long for him to be filled with confusion when he saw who it was. 

"What are you doing here?" Baekhyun asked cluelessly. 

"I told you to be careful didn't I?" the manager asked with frustration as he walked in himself without being invited in. 

"What?" Baekhyun asked as he trailed behind his manager who was acting unusual. 

"Everything's a mess right now, do you know that?" 

"What do you mean?" 

"This is a picture of you and your ex girlfriend isn't it?" His manager then shined his phone in front of Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun was unable to speak or move as he stared at the picture that he was suddenly shown. He blinked hard a couple times and furrowed his eyebrows since his vision and focus was not the best, giving him the fairness that he literally just woke up minutes ago and was suddenly getting a point of fingers. 

"How... How did you get that?" Baekhyun stuttered when he finally realized what he was being shown.

"So it is you..." the manager said with a sigh, hoping that Baekhyun would deny that the man in the picture was him. "The media is going crazy, and so are your fans because you lied to them. This isn't looking good," the manager continued while trying to remain calm. 

Baekhyun remained silent once again as he was still having difficulty processing everything in his mind. How could this picture of him and Mina be released to the public when he wasn't the one who did it? Suddenly... 

"Kwon Mina..." Baekhyun muttered to himself with anger slowly building in him. 

 

End of Chapter 2~