They Meet Again

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

Chapter 8- They Meet Again

      It was getting late, and Baekhyun was laying on his bed with his arm behind his head to serve as a pillow. He was staring up at the ceiling without moving while maintaining a slow and calm breathing. It was 11:39 at night, but he couldn't sleep because his mind was being filled with thoughts and questions. He couldn't stop thinking about what Chanyeol said earlier that day when he came to "visit" after years of losing contact. 

"Sure, you keep on believing that you're the good guy here," Chanyeol started as he began to slowly back away. "I guess taking care of her during her hardest time in replace of a friend who couldn't, makes me the bad one here, and not the one who was too busy selfishly pursuing his own dreams," he finished before he walked out of the apartment. 

What did Chanyeol mean by what he said? What did he mean by he took care of her during her hardest time in replace of someone who couldn't? What did he mean when he said the one who was too busy selfishly pursuing his own dreams

Baekhyun knew that Chanyeol was referring to Mina and him, but was starting to become frustrated because there was so much that he didn't understand. 

"I'm the bad one here?" Baekhyun asked himself in disbelief. "I'm the bad one when I was betrayed by my own friend and girlfriend?" he further said to himself as anger began to pick up in his voice. 

Baekhyun concluded that he was overthinking too much on something that he knew he was not at fault at. He then decided to go to sleep since it was already getting late, and he had a whole lined up schedule waiting for him the next day. 



Mina came walking out from her bedroom and into the kitchen with her cute pink pajamas. She had her eyes closed while trying to pour herself a cup of iced cold water in order to refresh her body and wake her up. 

"You can do it Kwon Mina. Today's the day," Mina said to herself in order to encourage herself. 

It's been a week since she was fired from the cafe, and she has been trying to find a job eversince but failed to. However, she wasn't going to give up or else she admitted her "lost" to Baekhyun who caused this all to her. 

She decided to grab her mail before going out for the day, and was looking through it as she was walking back to her apartment. Out of the piles of mail, there was a rather big brown envelope that was sticking out at the back of the others. 

"What is this?" Mina asked herself with slight astonishment because it was rare for her to receive such big mail.

When she arrived back in her apartment and placed her mail on the counter, she began to open this big brown envelope without knowing what it was. Suddenly, when she took out the papers from inside the envelope and realized what it was, her eyes widened with disbelief with the wish that she never opened it. 



"Can't you just... Drop it?" Baekhyun's manager asked who was sitting in the passenger's seat like usual. 

"Why?" Baekhyun asked with a small laugh. "She knew what was coming,"

"It's just... I heard she was fired from her job and hasn't been able to find another job eversince. Isn't that enough for her to deal with?"

"What the? Why are you taking her side for?" Baekhyun asked with a childish voice.

"I'm not! It's just... She's already suffering enough, don't you think?"

"I suffered a lot too! We suffered a lot. How could you forget?" 

Baekhyun's manager decided to not respond anymore because he knew he couldn't change Baekhyun's mind. Once he had a mind set on something, he wasn't going to change his decision. That's how stubborn he can be. 

Meanwhile, there were numerous fan girls crowding in front of a big gate that stopped trespassers from getting to the main building inside the gate. Fans were anxiously waiting for Baekhyun to arrive even though it wasn't guaranteed that they would get to see his face. At the same moment, Mina slowly walked towards the crowd, confirming that she found the correct place. 

Suddenly...

"What the heck. What is she doing here?" a girl asked as she saw Mina who was not too far.

Everybody else turned their heads after hearing this, and was shocked to see Mina.

"Wow, she sure does have a lot of guts for being here,"

"What is she doing here? To apologize to Baekhyun oppa?" one fan sarcastically said.

Mina heard what she girls were saying about her as she continued to slowly walk towards them. However, she decided to ignore it for now because she had her reasons to be here or else she wouldn't be there in the first place. 

"Get lost already. Our Baekhyunnie doesn't want to see you," one girl said while snapping her gum.

Again, Mina tried her best to ignore them, and continued to walk through this crowd in order to get to the gate. 

"What do you think you're doing? We said to get lost!" the same girl yelled as she pulled Mina's arm this time.

Others began to join in and pull Mina in order to stop her from walking any further while Mina was doing whatever she could to lose their grip. Suddenly...

"What's going on here?!" a man yelled from behind them.

Everybody stopped what they were doing, and turned around to see who it was that yelled. When they saw who it was, their eyes immediately widened with shock.

Standing in front of a black van was Baekhyun's manager who looked upset and angry because of the crowd's unacceptable behavior and actions. Meanwhile, Baekhyun was still sitting in the van and patiently listening to his music while his manager took care of the mess outside. 

"What are you doing to her?! Isn't it an agreement that fighting is not allowed here?!" the manager continued to yell.

"But sir! Don't you recognize her?" the same girl who was antagonizing Mina asked. 

Baekhyun's manager took a closer look at Mina's face, and then realized who she was. 

"I'm not here because I want to be! I have something important to say to representatives of Baekhyun!" Mina yelled as she held up the brown envelope. 

Baekhyun was still keeping himself company with his music in the van, and wondered what was taking his manager so long. He quickly pulled out his earphones from his ear after losing his patience in order to see what his manager was doing. Just then, through the tinted windows of the van, he saw Mina who was still standing in the middle of the crowd with a brown envelope in her hand. He was shocked to see her there, and wondered why she was here!

 

~End of Chapter 8~