The Confession Continues

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

Chapter 29- The Confession Continues

[Flashback Continues]

       Manager Kim and Baekhyun arrived at the set for another day of work. They were greeted by staff members with a bright smile while Baekhyun greeted back, and Manager Kim was relieved to see this. He was able to successfully persuade the Director to give Baekhyun another chance at acting for the role, and it certainly looked like Baekhyun was improving and meeting expectations. They then entered a room where Baekhyun would get his makeup and hair done. 

"Can you hold my phone for me?" Baekhyun asked as he handed his phone to Manager Kim before taking a seat in front of the mirror. 

Manager Kim smirked because of Baekhyun who was already acting like a celebrity and getting used to it. It hasn't been all that long in fact since Baekhyun has been acting for his first role, yet he adjusted so quickly. 

Since Baekhyun was getting ready and Manager Kim had nothing to do for the time being, he decided to grab something to eat from the room that provided snacks for the staff members. He was leisurely chewing on a cracker while looking around at the set. That was right. He himself had to adjust to this and get used to the life of being a manager. 

Just then, something started to ring and it was coming from his pocket. He quickly took it out to see what it was, and saw that it was Baekhyun's phone that was ringing. Who would be calling Baekhyun? Manager Kim shifted his eyes upward to see the name of the person calling. 

"Chanyeol?" Manager said the unfamiliar name to himself. 

Instead of answering the phone, he ignored it since he was in no position to be answering someone else's phone. He was asked to simply hold it for Baekhyun while he had to get ready to film. 

He then decided to go back and enjoy his free time, but before he could enjoy his break and all the snacks in front of him, the phone vibrated once again, and this time it was a text message from Chanyeol. For a moment, Manager Kim was filled with curiosity on what the text said. What did this kid have to say to Baekhyun that was so important?

Without wasting anymore time, Manager Kim decided to open the message to read it. It won't hurt anyone. In fact, it might actually even help someone like Baekhyun because the message could be important. 

"Why have you been ignoring us?! Pick up your phone! We need to talk!" the text from Chanyeol said. 

"Why is this kid so angry?" Manager Kim asked himself. 

He didn't know who Chanyeol was and what his relationship with Baekhyun was, which confused him when he saw this text from Chanyeol. To add on, he also called about a second ago. However, Manager Kim decided to not think too much about this text since it wasn't his business. He put Baekhyun's phone back in his pocket and went back to eating his snacks.

But just like before, Baekhyun's phone vibrated again. 

"Aish!" Manager Kim said. Why was this kid texting Baekhyun so much?! 

Manager Kim pulled the phone out from his pocket and looked at the text message with frustration. But unlike before, the frustration in his eyes slowly went away this time. 

"Mina's dad passed away. You need to get in contact with us as soon as possible," the text from Chanyeol said. 

Manager Kim felt his heart drop as soon as he read the first line. He didn't know who Chanyeol or Mina was, but that shouldn't matter because someone's dad passed away. So that's why this Chanyeol guy kept on calling and texting Baekhyun. Realizing that this was serious, Manager Kim put down his snacks and was about to head back to the room where Baekhyun was. But before he could, he was stopped by someone. 

"Manager Kim! You were correct about Baekhyun," the Director said as he stepped in front of Manager Kim. 

"Wha-what?" Manager Kim stuttered. Why did the Director have to show up now? He had to tell Baekhyun about the text. 

"He truly does have potential to be a good actor," the Director said with a laugh of joy. "He's so young, but he has a bright future. It's a good thing that I listened to you,"

"Oh- Really?" Manager Kim stuttered with a laugh. "Well I have to get-"

"How about we go grab a drink after? My treat!"

"N-no it's okay. Sorry sir, but I have to go-"

"Oh come on Manager Kim! Afterall I should treat the manager of a future rising star to a drink," 

And suddenly, Manager Kim paused as he thought about what the Director said. Manager of a future rising star? The director referred to him as that? 



Manager Kim was within the crowd of staffs who was watching Baekhyun film a scene. Unlike everybody who was actually watching Baekhyun film, Manager Kim was staring into space while keeping his mind on something else. The fact that Baekhyun was acting just fine meant that Manager Kim never told him about the text and unsettling news from Chanyeol... Why is that? 

He was thinking about what the Director told him earlier of how Baekhyun truly does have the potential to be a good actor and possibly even one of Korea's best. This meant that he was going to be the manager of a future rising star like the Director stated, and this was causing Manager Kim to think differently. He took out Baekhyun's phone that was still in his pocket, and read the last message that he received from Chanyeol regarding about Mina's dad. Was he going to inform Baekhyun about this or ignore it? 

Just then, something in his pocket began to vibrate, but this time it wasn't Baekhyun's phone and rather his own. He didn't recognize the number, and therefore decided to answer it outside in order to not cause a disturbance to the filming. 

"Hello," Manager Kim answered. 

"Is this Mr. Kim that I'm speaking to?" a familiar voice on the other line asked. 

"Yes, that's correct. And you are...?"

"Hello sir. I'm sorry to call so suddenly. My name is Chanyeol, and I am a close friend of Baekhyun," 

Close friend... Of Baekhyun? Chanyeol? You mean, the kid who kept on calling and texting Baekhyun earlier?

"Oh yes... What can I do for you?" Manager Kim hesitated. 

"I have been trying to get in contact with Baekhyun for the last few days, but cannot seem to. Is he by any chance available right now?" Chanyeol asked with a rushed and unstable voice. 

"N-no," the Manager stuttered. "He is not, but you are more than welcome to leave a message with me and I can pass it on to him after,"

"Okay," Chanyeol said with a shaky voice. "Please let him know that Mina's dad passed away, and he needs to get in contact with us as soon as possible. We will be holding the funeral service this weekend and we need him,"

"Al-alright. I am sorry to hear about that. I will pass on the message to Baekhyun,"

"Thank you sir! Please let Baekhyun know about this as soon as possible and have him call us back! Please sir, I'm begging you," Chanyeol pleaded. 

"Don't worry. I will pass it on to him right now," Manager Kim said. 

They then both hung up, and now Manager Kim was alone thinking to himself. Why was he thinking to himself? Shouldn't he be on his way to tell Baekhyun this?

Manager Kim lifted his head, and was watching Baekhyun from a distance. He saw Baekhyun reviewing a scene with the Director that he just acted out, and a bright smile could be seen on his face while doing so. Baekhyun looked so happy. He was happy. 

Slowly, Manager Kim took out Baekhyun's phone from his pocket and began to look at it. He was staring at the text message from Chanyeol that stated about the passing of Mina's dad.

"Mina's dad passed away. You need to get in contact with us as soon as possible," 

Manager Kim continued to stare at this text message as he also thought about the phone call from Chanyeol a minute ago. Why wasn't he informing Baekhyun about it?! Mina's dad passed away, and he promised Chanyeol that he would tell Baekhyun right away!

Manager Kim closed his eyes shut and bit his lips as his right thumb laid over a word on Baekhyun's phone..... With one click, all the text messages from Chanyeol was now gone. And with one click, all the phone call records were also deleted. 



[Flashback ends. Back to present day]

"I'm really sorry Baekhyun," Manager Kim sighed as he dropped his head in shame. 

Baekhyun stared at Manager Kim with a blank expression as he thought about his manager's confession. It couldn't be told how Baekhyun was exactly feeling. For all these years, his own manager did such a thing behind his back? 

"I should have told you, but I was so selfish. I feared that if I told you, then you were going to lose focus just like how you did before," Manager Kim said. "But we couldn't allow that to happen!" he continued as he stared at Baekhyun with his eyes wide open in hopes that he would agree. "You rose to fame because of that role Baekhyun. You wouldn't be where you are now if I didn't do what I did, and you understand that right?"

Baekhyun continued to stare at his manager with a blank expression as he stayed silent. Manager Kim was waiting and hoping that Baekhyun would possibly agree and forgive him. 

"Are you kidding me?" Baekhyun finally asked with a serious expression.

The little hope on Manager Kim's face slowly went away. 

"If your daughter passed away and I was the only one who knew about this, what would you want me to do?" Baekhyun asked. "Keep it to myself so you can continue on with doing your job right? Or inform you that the person you love dearly has passed away?"

Manager Kim felt his heart drop as he thought about Baekhyun's question. His daughter... Passing away? He couldn't even imagine it. He didn't want to imagine it!

"Do you know how much I trusted you? But do you know how messed up my life has become now because of you? I don't care if my dreams as an actor was at risk! This was my girlfriend's father that we are talking about!" Baekhyun said with anger growing in him.

Manager Kim stayed silent as he looked down at the ground in shame. 

"She was someone important to me. Her dad was someone important to me! I understand that I was at fault too. I shouldn't have been ignorant and ignore their calls. But what happened that day was in your hands and only yours!" Baekhyun said as tears began to develop in his eyes. "I continued to ignore their phone calls after that because I felt betrayed and wanted them out of my life without knowing what they really wanted to tell me.... I didn't know that they wanted to tell me that Mina's dad passed way... And I missed out on everything because of that. I wasn't there to comfort her through all of this, and I wasn't there to be by her side when she had to say goodbye to the person she loved the most... If only you told me, then all of this wouldn't have happened," Baekhyun stated as tears rolled down his cheeks this time. 

Seeing that there was nothing more to say, Baekhyun stood up and stormed out of the room with anger. Manager Kim continued to sit where he was as he thought about Baekhyun's words. Everything was his fault. 

So that's why Baekhyun's manager was always so kind to Mina. That's why he tried to persuade Baekhyun to drop the law suit against Mina. That's why he tried to persuade Baekhyun to think everything through. It was because he felt he had to pay her back... It was the only thing he could do. 

 

~End of Chapter 29~

 

Author's Note: Sorry if this chapter was longer than usual! I didn't want to make another chapter for this, so decided to put it all in one chapter.