I Did It

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

Chapter 30- "I Did It"

           Mina walked out from her bedroom and into the livingroom while drying her wet hair with a towel. She had just taken a warm shower and was now going to relax by watching some television before going to sleep, but first, she was first going to grab something to snack on from the refrigerator. As she was walking to the refrigerator, she decided to look at her phone to see if anybody texted or called her while she was taking a shower. Suddenly, a smile came upon her face.

"Are you eating well? Make sure you're eating all your meals before I come over with my chicken porridge!" the text from Chanyeol said. 

Mina chuckled because of Chanyeol's playfulness and joke. 

"I don't need you. Eat your own chicken porridge," Mina playfully texted back before she set her phone on the counter. 

She then went to open her fridge to see what there was for her to eat when suddenly, the doorbell rang.

Chanyeol?

Mina opened the door and was expecting to see Chanyeol since he was the only person who would come to visit her. However... 

"Mina!" Bora yelled with joy as she hugged her tightly. 

"Bora? What are you doing here?" Mina asked in astonishment. 

"To visit you dummy! I missed you a lot," Bora continued to say as she swayed back and forth while hugging Mina. 



"How's the cafe been doing?" Mina asked as she brought Bora a cup of iced tea.

"It's back to the usual, but it just doesn't feel the same without you," Bora said as she frowned. 

"Hey. Don't say that," Mina said as she sat next to Bora and nudged her playfully. 

"No, I mean it! Our new workers are so slow so it makes it a thousand times harder for me!"

"Aigoo. Stop complaining," Mina said as she lightly pushed her head, causing Bora to smile. "At least you still have a job,"

Instead of replying back, the smile and excitement on Bora's face slowly went away. 

"What? Do you really hate your job that much now?" Mina asked with a laugh when she noticed how Bora changed. 

Bora continued to stay quiet for a moment with a dejected look on her face. 

"I heard you were in the hospital not too long ago," Bora suddenly mentioned. 

"What? Oh, yeah," Mina said with a small laugh to show that it was nothing serious. "But it's okay. I'm fine now,"

"Was it because of Baekhyun and everything that's been going on?" 

"What? Of course not," Mina said although it was obvious that she was lying.

Bora stared at Mina's face and knew that she was lying. She always let out a small laugh whenever she was trying to hide something. 

"I'm sorry Mina,"

"What for?" Mina asked. 

"This is all my fault,"

"Yo Bora... What are you saying?" Mina asked as she gave Bora another nudge on the arm. "How is it your-"

"I was the one who released that photo," Bora quickly said.

Mina was silent and thought about what Bora suddenly said. She released the photo?

"I released that photo of you and Baekhyun,"

"Oh come on Bora," Mina laughed again. "You think that just because we haven't seen each other for a while that I'll fall for your jokes?"

"I'm not lying Mina," Bora said with a serious expression as she stared at Mina in the eye. She wasn't joking like Mina thought she was, and she wanted her to take her serious. "I shouldn't have done it, and it's all my fault that you're going through this,"

"Bora..."

"I was jealous when I first learned that you and Baekhyun used to date. I was a stupid and crazy fan who didn't like the idea of my oppa dating anyone, especially a friend of mines... That's why I released that photo,"

"Just stop it already Bora. There's no way that you would have that photo in the first place," Mina said in denial. 

Instead of speaking this time, Bora turned to her side to take something out from her purse. She then slowly handed this item to Mina to prove that she was telling the truth. 

"How... How do you have this?" Mina asked as she took this item from Bora. She still couldn't believe what was going on. 

It was the photo of her and Baekhyun. 

"Do you remember that day when I spilled tea on myself before the staff party?" Bora asked. 

Mina thought about what Bora said, and it finally clicked in her head. She knew what day Bora was exactly talking about. 

"I'm sorry Mina. It's all my fault that this happened to you," Bora said as she began to cry. 

"Bora... Please leave," Mina said with a weak and monotone voice. She was still trying to process everything in her head. 

"Please Mina! Forgive me!" Bora continued to cry as she grabbed Mina's hand this time and held on to it. 

However, Mina's expression and voice was not changing one bit despite Bora who was asking for forgiveness. Mina felt betrayed by her own friend who she trusted this whole time. She never thought that it would be her friend who caused all of this to her. Eversince that day when the photo was released to the public, her life has gone downhill tremendously. 

"I don't want to talk with you. Leave," Mina said again. 

"Mina! Please-"

"Leave!" Mina yelled with this time with no patience left in her. 

Bora was only able to stare at Mina without saying anything back. She saw how serious and angry Mina was, but who could blame her.



Bora left Mina's place since she was told to and had no other choice. However, it was understandable that Mina acted that way. Seeing that there was no point of staying anymore, Bora began to walk back to her car and go home for now. She'll come back another day to ask for forgiveness from Mina. 

But just as she was heading to her car, someone was talking towards her. Since it was dark, Bora took a look at this person's face just for precautious reasons. However... 

"Baekhyun...?" Bora asked as she turned to look at this person who already past her.

Baekhyun turned around to look at Bora, and wondered who she was. 

"Oh.. He-hello," Baekhyun stuttered when he thought he was caught by a fan. 

"Are you going to meet with Mina?" Bora suddenly asked. 

"Wha-what?" Baekhyun asked as he was taken aback. How did she know Mina?

"Don't worry. I'm a friend of Mina's," Bora stated to reassure Baekhyun that she wasn't just some random fan. 

"Oh..." 

Bora saw how uncomfortable Baekhyun was starting to become. He didn't want to be seen by anyone, especially near Mina's place. 

"Mina... Didn't do anything wrong," Bora suddenly stated. 

"What?"

"She didn't release the photo," Bora confessed. "I did..."

Baekhyun was silent as he thought about what this random stranger who said she was a friend of Mina just said. She... Released the photo?

"So please don't do anything to hurt Mina anymore. She did nothing wrong," Bora said before she bowed to Baekhyun before walking away. 

"Wait," Baekhyun suddenly called. 

"Don't worry. I won't tell anyone about seeing you here. It's none of my business afterall," Bora said before she bowed one last time and walked away. 

Baekhyun did not speak or move as he watched Bora walk away after making her sudden confession. Although he did not know her, it looked like she was really telling the truth. 



Baekhyun approached a door, and took a moment to think to himself if he really wanted to do this. After another second or so, he came to the conclusion that he was already here so he must. He knocked on the door and waited for it to be opened. Just then, someone opened the door and Baekhyun's mind went blank as if he didn't expect anyone to open the door. 

"Mina. May I have a word with you-"

"Why do you keep showing up?" Mina suddenly asked. It could be seen that she was not in the mood to talk. 

"I- I have something-"

"Forget it Baekhyun. Please, just leave me alone for now on," 

"But Mina-"

"Just stop already!" Mina yelled this time after having enough. "There's nothing to talk about anymore Baekhyun. What is already done is done. I'm so tired of everything that's been happening so far. So please, just stop coming and let us carry on with our lives," 

Mina then closed the door before Baekhyun could say anything further. Meanwhile, Baekhyun continued to stay where he was. Why was Mina avoiding him everytime? He really wanted to speak with her. He had so much to say to her and discuss about. There are so many misunderstandings that he wants to talk to her about, however, she didn't want to deal with anything anymore. She didn't want to be involved with him anymore. She was done.

 

~End of Chapter 30~