The Man She Cheated With

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

Chapter 7- The Man She Cheated With

      Mina was walking around town and searching for a job eversince she was fired from the cafe. Her life has gone downhill since the photo of her and Baekhyun was somehow released to the public, but her life was tarnished even more when Baekhyun revealed that he was cheated on by his first love, who is none other than Mina. Day by day, she struggles to find a job since many were aware of who she was and feared that she would not benefit the business and instead only hurt it. She was becoming frustrated because she was having a hard time supporting herself with little money she had left.

Mina came stumbling out of a store, as if she was forced out in which she was. 

"We can't hire you here. Who knows that will happen to our business if people learn that you work here," the boss said before she walked back inside the store.

Mina was filled with frustration and disappointment. She was rejected over and over again because people knew who she was. She didn't take Baekhyun's word serious when he said that he wasn't going to be nice. She didn't think that her life would become this complicated all because of her ex-boyfriend. 

Suddenly, as she was about to continue walking in order to search for another job, someone from behind her called her name.

"Mina," the voice said.

Mina turned around to see who it was, and was filled with shock when she saw this person. 

"Chanyeol..." Mina slowly said with her eyes widened. 

"Who would have thought that I would see you here?" Chanyeol said as he walked towards her with a smile. 

While Chanyeol had a smile on his face, Mina was the opposite. She tried her best to bring a smile on her face, but was not able to for some reason. 

"What are you doing here...?" Mina asked slowly.

"I came here to buy some tools for the shop," 

"You came all the way here just for that?" Mina asked with suspicion. 

"And I also came here to see you of course," Chanyeol further said with a cheesy-like smile. 

Mina looked away, and didn't seem too happy to see Chanyeol here, especially at a time like this. 

"Why don't you look happy to see me? Should I have called you ahead of time?"

"I don't have time right now. I have to get going," Mina said as she turned around to walk away from Chanyeol. 

But before Mina could walk away any further, Chanyeol decided to say what he wanted to say. 

"I heard what that jerk said about you," Chanyeol suddenly said, causing Mina to stop abruptly. "Are you just going to let him keep talking about you like that?" 

"I don't want to talk about this-"

"After all these years, he still thinks he's the good guy?" 

Mina was unable to speak or move as she thought about what Chanyeol said. She didn't want to deal with this right now since she was already having a hard time, but she couldn't help it. She too was feeling the same way that Chanyeol was feeling. She too was asking herself the same questions.

"This isn't right, Kwon Mina. And I'm going to fix it," Chanyeol said before he walked away. 

"Chanyeol! Please, don't get involve anymore," Mina begged sincerely.

Chanyeol stopped walking, and thought about what Mina said. He then closed his eyes in frustration because he couldn't sit still and let Mina suffer because of Baekhyun still believing that he's the victim. 

"Did you really release that photo?" Chanyeol suddenly asked.

Mina thought about what Chanyeol asked, and wondered why he asked that so suddenly.

"No... I didn't. I really didn't," Mina replied with truthfulness in her eyes. 

"Then believe in me. And I'll make things better this time," he said before he walked away, not allowing Mina to say anything further. 



Baekhyun had just woken up from his sleep, and was in the process of making himself a warm cup of coffee for the morning coldness. While he was doing this, he was carrying a tablet around and looking at results of his movie sales and how it was improving. Suddenly, his doorbell rang. He wondered who would be here this early in the morning, especially when today was his day to rest. 

He walked over to his door and opened it, expecting it to be his manager or at least someone close he knew. However, it was somebody that he did not expect.

"Wow Byun Baekhyun. Shouldn't you at least be excited to see an old friend?" Chanyeol asked as he walked inside by himself without even being invited it. 

Chanyeol looked around Baekhyun's apartment, and was amazed of how high class it looked. Meanwhile, Baekhyun was slowly following him and looked rather unhappy.

"Who would have thought that you would get to live in a place like this," Chanyeol said with excitement as he continued to look around. 

"What are you doing here?" Baekhyun asked with seriousness in his face.

"Oh come on! How could you treat me like that!" Chanyeol said as he walked towards Baekhyun to give him a friendly hug.

However, Baekhyun stopped Chanyeol from doing so and pushed him away. He was now starting to become angry because he was not in the mood for such childish acts. 

"How did you find my place?" Baekhyun asked. 

"It wasn't exactly that hard to be honest. Just told your company that I was an old friend who was trying to get back in touch with you, then they connected me to your manager and here I am," Chanyeol explained, who was proud of himself. 

"You have no reason to be here, so leave," Baekhyun said as he walked away to carry on his business. 

Just then, the smile and playfulness in Chanyeol slowly disappeared. Since Baekhyun was unwilling to listen to him and even allow them the slightest moment to catch up, he wanted to get to the point before he was forced out. 

"I saw what you said about Mina," he started off. "Do you realize what you have done to her?"

"Who told her to release that photo of us? Do you know what I went through because of it?"

"Do you have evidence that it was her? How are you so sure that it was her who released it?"

"Because who else would? Nobody else has that photo except for her and I-" Baekhyun said before he quickly stopped himself, realizing that he was revealing something. 

"Byun Baekhyun... She didn't do it,"

"Don't bull me," Baekhyun said. "But now that I think about it, this reminds me a lot of the past. If you're sticking up for her as if she didn't have a mouth, then that means you two must still be together... Wow, I'm surprised," he further said, implying something to the audience.

Chanyeol was in disbelief as he stayed silent for a brief moment. 

"So you still think you're the innocent one here," Chanyeol scoffed in disbelief. 

"What do you mean?" Baekhyun asked, who didn't understand what Chanyeol was implying. 

"You really don't understand why she cheated on you?" 

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol and grinned. Why did he ask such a question? 

"Because she was in love with you, right?" Baekhyun fired back. 

Anger began to develop in Chanyeol's eyes after he heard these mockful words from Baekhyun. 

"Sure, you keep on believing that you're the good guy here," Chanyeol started as he began to slowly back away. "I guess taking care of her during her hardest time in replace of a friend who couldn't, makes me the bad one here, and not the one who was too busy selfishly pursuing his own dreams," he finished before he walked out of the apartment. 

Instead of saying anything back to Chanyeol, Baekhyun stood where he was and thought about what he said. What did Chanyeol mean by what he said?

And for the first time, we are seeing something new to the story; we are seeing the other side. 

 

~End of Chapter 7~

 

 

Author's Note: If you see this note, then that means you made it this far of reading my fanfiction (hopefully), and I want to thank you for that! 

As of 6/20/16, I will be updating this story slower than usual. I still don't have an exact idea of where I want it to go or how I want it to end. I am also quite busy, but I promise to update it whenever I can!