Baekhyun's Mistake

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

Chapter 12- Baekhyun's Mistake

           The teacher was calling up students one by one to get their score sheet that tells the result of the test they took a couple days before. 

"Kwon Mina," the teacher called. "Like usual, you never disappoint me,"

Mina smiled shyly as she grabbed the paper from her teacher and walked back to her desk. Meanwhile, her classmates rolled their eyes at her.

"What a show off," one girl said. 

While the teacher was calling more students to grab their score sheet, there was one person who was nervously and anxiously shaking while waiting for his name to be called. It was none other Baekhyun. He's been showing up for the tutor session with Mina for the past few days, and was studying harder than usual for the test. This was the first test that he was actually serious for, and hoping to get a good score, or at least a decent one. 

"Byun Baekhyun," his teacher finally called.

Baekhyun quickly looked up, and nervously walked to his teacher to grab the score sheet. He was trying to hide his anxiousness, but was having a hard time to. His heart was beating fast as if it could jump out any minute now. 

"Wow Baekhyun, I'm surprised. Good job," his teacher said with a smile as she handed him the score sheet.

"Woahhhhhh," the class said out loud because this was their first time seeing Baekhyun actually trying and getting a good test score. 

Baekhyun grabbed the paper and walked back to his desk, acting as if he didn't care when really he did more than anybody else at the moment. He sat down in his seat, and calmly looked around the room to make sure nobody was looking at him. When he saw that nobody was, he quickly looked at the score sheet and scanned it with his eyes wide open.

Meanwhile, Mina had a smile on her face. She didn't know what he exactly got on his test, but judging by what her teacher said, he surprisingly did well than what was expected of him. She was proud of him because she knew how hard he studied for this test and wanted to pass it. They have been meeting for the last few days to study for this test, and did their tutoring session longer than usual. She was starting to see a different to Baekhyun who was always so rough, stubborn, and full of himself.

But as she spent more time with him and started to know him more, she realized several things about him. He can be very determine when it came down to it. He was also a easy going person, which surprised Mina the most because of the way he usually presented himself. He can also be kind hearted, and even caring. The thought of this just brought a smile on to Mina's face. She never knew the day would come where she would see this side to him.

But what was all her mind the most was the kiss they shared a few days ago when they were studying at her house. All she really remembers is her teaching the materials to Baekhyun, and then realizing that their lips were locked. Did Baekhyun like her?



It was lunch time, and Baekhyun was eating lunch with his group of friends in the cafeteria. They were talking loudly like they usually do when they are together and laughing about the randomest things. Just then, Mina walked towards their table and stopped next to it while holding her tray of food. 

"Good job Baekhyun. I knew you could do it," Mina said with a smile. 

Baekhyun was surprised to see Mina suddenly talk to him, especially in front of his friends. 

"Oh, yeah... Thanks," Baekhyun awkwardly said.

She then walked away with a smile still on her face. Meanwhile, Baekhyun's friends was staring at him and wondering what just happened.

"Woahhhhh Byun Baekhyun! Don't tell me you have something for her," Sehun teased.

"Of course not! I'm just grateful. I did well on the test because of her," Baekhyun said as he began to pick his food.

"No need to hide it! We won't make fun of you for liking her, no matter how weird she can be," Jongin further teased.

"I already said that I don't like her! Why would I like someone like her?!" Baekhyun yelled out loud with frustration, before realizing how loud he said that.

Everybody in the cafeteria stopped what they were doing, and turned around to look at Baekhyun. They all knew that he was talking about Mina. Meanwhile, Mina was sitting down on a table by herself, and was embarrassed by what Baekhyun yelled out loud. She knew that he was talking about her. 

"Hey. Let's stop it already," Chanyeol said in order to calm the situation down. 

Baekhyun was breathing hard, and his face was red because of frustration. He began to slow down his breathing in order to calm down when he saw that everybody was staring at him. As he was looking around in embarrassment, he saw Mina quickly walking away with her head down while carrying her tray of food. His eyes widened because he knew that Mina heard what he said, but he didn't mean it... 



Baekhyun was waiting in front of the building where classes were held. He was leaning against the wall while kicking his foot around to keep himself busy, and looking up every once in a while for the person he's waiting for. He then saw the person he was looking for exiting the doors of the building.

"Mina," Baekhyun called as he stood straight up. 

Mina took a look at Baekhyun, but continued to walk without saying a word to him. Judging by the way she was ignoring him, it was clear that she was upset with him. 

"Mina, I can explain what I said," Baekhyun stated as he walked after her.

Mina continued to ignore Baekhyun who was still following her. 

"Please, Mina. Just listen to what I have to say-"

"What is there to talk about?" Mina suddenly asked as she turned around to look at him, although she obviously knew what he wanted to talk about. 

"About what I said earlier... I didn't mean it-"

"Why are you trying to apologize for how you really feel?" Mina asked, implying about what he said earlier in the cafeteria. 

Baekhyun stayed silent as he stared at Mina, and was trying to find the correct words to say. 

"Since you did good on your test, I'm sure you no longer need me. We could go back to how it was like before," Mina said before she walked away. 

Baekhyun continued to stay silent as he was unable to do or say anything but watch Mina walk away. He wanted to clear up the misunderstanding to Mina, and possibly even clear up his feelings for her. But now that wasn't possible. 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol was standing a few feet behind Baekhyun and staring at him. He witnessed the whole situation, and it was his first time seeing Baekhyun like this. He's never seen his best friend feel distraught over a misunderstanding, especially with a girl. 

 

~End of Chapter 13~

 

Author's Note: Hello, I just want to remind that the last few chapters are flashbacks of the past, and not the present. When I do get back to the present, which probably won't be until another few chapters, I will state it in the story. Just incase anybody gets confuse or forgot :P Aside from that, thank you for reading! - 7/1/2016