Baekhyun Wasn't Lying

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

         Chapter 6- Baekhyun Wasn't Lying

      Just like what Baekhyun told her a couple nights before, Mina's life was going downhill. When people found out that she was really the girl in the picture with Baekhyun, who he also claimed cheated on him, the cafe began to quickly decline in customers and business. Workers at the cafe would wait inside the empty cafe for a whole day, only to have a total of 10 customers or less come in. They along with the manager were becoming frustrated because of the slow business and the huge decline, and they were aware that it was because of Mina.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun's career was starting to go back to how it was before the scandal. He was getting nonstop invitations to events and shows, and receiving tons of love from his fans and the public. And just like he told Mina before, he wasn't going to be nice to her. 



"So Baekhyun. I know you are probably tired of talking about this, but from I understand, you suffered tremendously because of that photo that was released without your permission, correct?' Yoo Jae Suk asked, who was the host of Happy Together which Baekhyun was starred on. 

"That is correct," Baekhyun replied with a nervous smile.

"Can you explain again why you lied in the first place? Because there are still people who are unwilling to accept your explanation,"

"Of course. First of all, I am sorry to all the fans that I lied to and hurt. I should have been honest in the very beginning, but... I didn't expect everything to turn out the way that it was,"

"You lied about not having a first love because you didn't expect the photo to be released, right?"

"That is right,"

"Now about your first love. Can you talk a little more about her, so we can possibly understand why you were so hurt from it that you even lied about it,"

Baekhyun stayed silent for a moment as he began to recall about the past, causing everybody to see how hurt he was. 

"She... was someone that I thought I would spend the rest of my life with. Even though we were still young at that time, she was so perfect that I couldn't help thinking like that. We met in our second year of high school, and continued to stay together until our first year in college where everything began to fall apart. During our first year in college, I realized that becoming an actor was really a dream I wanted to pursue. I went to every audition that I could find, and I admit that I spent more time focusing on my acting career than with her. But she told me that it was okay, and she will still stick by my side through this hard journey. So I believed her. And despite being so busy but going no where at that time, I would try my best to meet with her and show her that I still cared about her. It wasn't until I landed my first role where she cheated on me behind my back. I felt betrayed and hurt by someone who I truly loved. I was depressed and not acting like myself that I was even fired from my first role in the movie because I wasn't acting like the way they expected. However, thankfully, my manager who I am with today, was able to pick me up on my feet," Baekhyun thoroughly explained. 

The host for Happy Together along with the other guests were shocked by Baekhyun's explanation, and they knew that he was serious about his story about his heartbreak. Hurt and pain could be seen in his eyes as he tried his best to remain happy and calm. 

"Thank you for telling us Baekhyun. I know that it's hard for you especially since you didn't want to be reminded of it. Nobody wants to be reminded of their first heartbreak," Yoo Jae Suk said.

"But look at where you are now! You're the top actor in Korea!" Myungsoo said, causing everybody else to agree heavily. 

"Thanks for sharing with us once again Baekhyun. Hopefully your fans will understand," Yoo Jae Suk said. 



A few days later, everybody tuned in to watch this particular episode of Happy Together that starred Baekhyun and other guests. It was their highest rating yet mainly because many were curious about Baekhyun's first love that cheated on him and broke his heart. 

And just like before, social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter were flooded with posts and tweets about encouring Baekhyun. And just like Baekhyun said, he wasn't going to be nice. Since most people were aware that Mina was the ex-girlfriend of Baekhyun, fans of Baekhyun took it into their own hands to have Mina fire from the cafe or else they would stop coming and possibly have the cafe shut down. Although the manager liked Mina, she was forced to make a decision. Either fire Mina from the cafe and have business again, or have Mina continue to work at the cafe with business declining even more. After giving it a few more thoughts, the manager finally made her decision. 



The cafe was empty, and Mina and her manager were sitting across the table from each other. Although the manager hasn't stated anything yet, Mina already knew what was coming and why her manager wanted to talk to her. 

"Mina. I'm sorry to do this, but I have no choice. The cafe has suffered a lot for the past few weeks, and I'm sure you know why. I really like you, and you were a very hard worker of mines... But I'm afraid I'm going to have to let you go," the manager said with a heavy heart. 

Mina stayed silent as she heard these words from her manager. As much as she was hurt, she already saw it coming. Meanwhile, Bora was watching everything from the backroom and listening to what the manager told Mina. For some odd reason, she was slightly shaking as she looked around nervously with guilt in her eyes. 



There was a man who was fixing a car in a shop with the television playing in the background. He was tall and wearing a tank top to give his muscles some fresh air since he was working in the heat for a while now. Coincidentally, the show that was playing on the t.v was the recent episode of Happy Together where Baekhyun was on.

"Now about your first love. Can you talk a little more about her, so we can possibly understand why you were so hurt from it that you even lied about it,"

"She... was someone that I thought I would spend the rest of my life with. Even though we were still young at that time, she was so perfect that I couldn't help thinking like that..... And despite being so busy but going no where at that time, I would try my best to meet with her and show her that I still cared about her. It wasn't until I landed my first role where she cheated on me behind my back. I felt so betrayed and hurt by someone who I trusted my life with....t"

This man fixing his car stopped what he was doing as soon as he heard Baekhyun explain how his first love cheated on him. He then turned to look at the television and stared at Baekhyun with his eyes wide open. He was thinking about what Baekhyun said, and couldn't believe it.

... It was as if this man personally knew Baekhyun and his love life... 


~End of Chapter 6~