A Manager's Confession

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

Chapter 28- A Manager's Confession

           Baekhyun's manager was resting at home since Baekhyun had no schedule meaning it was also his day off. He was helping his daughter with a princess puzzle that they have been working on for a few days now. Suddenly, his wife entered the room. 

"You have a visitor," she told him. 

Baekhyun's manager wondered who would be here to meet him on a day like this. He then walked to the livingroom, and saw Baekhyun sitting down on the couch. 

"Oh Baekhyun! What brings you here?" he asked. 

"I have something to talk to you about," Baekhyun said as he stood up with a serious expression.

Baekhyun's manager was slightly taken aback because he has never seen Baekhyun this serious besides acting in a movie. He then brought Baekhyun to his office in order to have a private conversation away from his family since it seemed like Baekhyun wanted to talk about something serious. 

"So what did you want to speak to me about?" Baekhyun's manager asked as he set a cup of coffee on the table and took a seat across from Baekhyun. "I didn't expect to see you here,"

However, Baekhyun was still not lightening up and it seemed like this was going to be more serious tham he thought. 

"Manager Kim," Baekhyun started as he looked at his manager. "Were you aware that Mina's dad passed away?" 

Manager Kim was drinking his coffee, but suddenly stopped when he heard these words from Baekhyun. Why was he acting like this?

"Did you also know about his funeral too?" Baekhyun continued to ask. 

"Wha-what?" Manager Kim stuttered as he put his coffee down. "What are you saying Baekhyun?"

"I was told that you were given the news about Mina's dad when he passed away. Unless this person who told me was lying, but I don't see why he would,"

Baekhyun's manager swallowed nervously as he stayed silent. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Baekhyun asked, seeing that everything he was thinking about is true.

"Baekhyun. I don't know what-" the manager tried to say. 

"Why didn't you tell me?!" Baekhyun yelled this time. 

He lost his patience and couldn't stand this anymore. He knew that his manager knew exactly what he was talking about by the way he was acting suspicious and hesitant. Meanwhile, Manager Kim continued to stay silent as he stared at the ground while thinking about something. Baekhyun was also silent and staring at his manager while waiting for him to speak and answer his questions. 

"I'm sorry Baekhyun," Manager Kim finally said as he let out a sigh. 

Baekhyun closed his eyes in distress when he heard these words from his manager. Although he was already expecting it, it still hurt to hear it coming from his own manager who he trusted. 

"I'm really sorry," Manager Kim continued. "I was stupid and foolish at that time. You were a rookie who was having a hard time with your career, and I was no different. I was a rookie manager who was trying to find someone good to manage. I've managed a few others before you, but none of them turned out well. That's why when you came along, I was happy and hopeful. I felt like I finally found someone who would not only lead himself to success, but also myself." 

"What are you trying to say?" Baekhyun asked who couldn't grasp where Manager Kim was going with this. 

Manager Kim let out another sigh as he closed his eyes. He should get straight to the point, but it wasn't going to be easy to say it. 

"That's why I didn't tell you that Mina's dad passed away,"



[Flashback to 4 years ago]

It was night time, and Manager Kim was sitting inside of his parked car while waiting for someone. While doing so, he was reading a magazine for fun just to keep himself busy. Just then, it began to sprinkle lightly. 

"Hope this kid doesn't take too long. Looks like it's going to rain hard tonight," he said to himself as he looked out the window. 

Just then, someone opened the back door and got in. Manager Kim turned back to see who it was, and was surprised to see Baekhyun who was wet from the light rain. 

"You're back faster than I thought," Manager Kim joked. 

"Take me home," Baekhyun said with a serious tone as he stared out the window.

"Oh. Al-alright," Manager Kim said as he turned around to start the car. "This kid has no manner," he muttered to himself. 

While Manager Kim was driving Baekhyun home, he couldn't help but notice how quiet it was in the car. Usually Baekhyun would be starting a conversation whenever they had somewhere to go, but today he wasn't. He looked through the driver's mirror to look at Baekhyun, and saw him solemly staring out the window. Why did Baekhyun seem upset? 

"You know that after you debut as an actor, you can't keep leisurely meet up with your girlfriend like this right?" Manager Kim asked in order to break the silence. 

However, Baekhyun did not respond back and continued to stare out the window. Manager Kim was slightly confused for a moment because of how Baekhyun was acting. Didn't he meet with his girlfriend and friend? So why is he acting like this right now?

"Did something happen-"

But before Manager Kim could say anything further, he was shocked by what he saw through the driver's mirror. Although it was dark, there was enough light to show that Baekhyun had tears in his eyes that were rolling down his cheeks. It could further be seen that he was upset and trying to hold back his tears, but couldn't no matter how hard he tried. He sniffed a couple times and quickly wiped his tears in order to act like he wasn't crying although the truth was obvious.

Manager Kim therefore went back to focusing on driving. Although Baekhyun did not say anything, he didn't need him to. He could already tell what caused Baekhyun to act like this all of a sudden because there was really only one reason. 



[Fast forward to a few days later]

[Baekhyun was fired from his first role for a movie because he was not acting the way the Director wanted him to. Reason being was because he was hurt and sadden when he saw his own bestfriend and girlfriend kissing in the cafe that they were supposed to meet at the night before. Baekhyun's manager tells him to rest up while he will try to persuade the Director to give Baekhyun another chance] 

"Please Director. Can you think this through?" Manager Kim begged as he followed him to his office. 

"Forget it Manager Kim. I already made my decision," the Director said as he took a seat in front of his desk. "We are already in the process of finding a replacement,"

"But please Director!" Manager Kim continued to beg. "I promise that he can do better,"

"Manager Kim, I already told you. That boy is not ready for a big role since he is still a rookie. Give him a couple more acting lessons and he can come act for another one of my movies in the future,"

"Please Director! I beg you," Manager Kim pleaded as he got onto his knees this time. "Give him another chance,"

"Manager Kim! What are you doing," the Director yelled when he saw Manager Kim pleading on his knees. 

"Please give Baekhyun one more chance. He wasn't acting like himself yesterday, but I promise you he can exceed your expectations if you give him another chance!"

The Director was silent as he thought about what Manager Kim said. Was he really doing all of this for that rookie actor?

"I promise that you won't regret it. That boy has the potential to become one of Korea's best actor! You can be the first one to work with him and see that!"

The Director then sighed as he looked away in frustration. It looked as if he was taking into consideration of what Manager Kim was saying. 

 

~End of Chapter 28~

 

Author's Note: Sorry if I'm just recapping some parts instead of thoroughly writing it in the story. They are scenes that have already happened in the story, so writing and including them in this chapter would be a waste of time. I want to get straight to the point instead of having these flashbacks be longer than they need to. Since we are approaching the end, I'm kind of rushing also. :P