Mina's Side of the Story

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

Chapter 26- Mina's Side of the Story

[Flashback continues]

It was 7:30 with 30 minutes left before Mina would meet with Baekhyun. She put on her scarf and was ready to head out to the cafe. Meanwhile, Chanyeol was leaning back on the chair and sleeping which was next to the bed that Mina's dad was sleeping on. While Mina was getting ready to leave, she took one last look at her dad to think if she really wanted to meet Baekhyun. He should be okay, right? 

Just then, her eyes shifted to look at Chanyeol who was still sleeping. He volunteered to watch her dad while she went to meet with Baekhyun. However, it made her realize something. Never once has she said thank you to Chanyeol who was there for her eversince this all happened. Was it weird that her boyfriend's bestfriend was for there for her throughout all of this, but not her own boyfriend? She then thought about how Chanyeol kept speaking up for his bestfriend. 

"Why do you keep apologizing for that jerk? You did nothing wrong," Mina sighed as she continued to stare at Chanyeol. 

Just then, Chanyeol began to stretch as he woke up from his nap. Mina quickly looked away and tried to act as if she wasn't staring at him the whole time. 

"Are you getting ready to leave?" Chanyeol yawned when he saw her near the door. 

"Oh, yeah," Mina said as she looked down. 

"That's all you're going to wear? Come on Mina. You'll probably freeze to death before you even get to meet your boyfriend," Chanyeol joked.

He then stood up and took off his jacket as he walked towards her, and Mina wondered what he was doing. Chanyeol then wrapped his jacket around her in which caused Mina to be taken aback. 

"What am I? Your mom?" Chanyeol continued to joke as he did this. 

Meanwhile, Mina stood still as she thought about what Chanyeol did. She didn't expect him to take care of her like this. At the same time, Chanyeol realized how close he was to Mina.

"Anyways, have fun and don't worry about your dad. If anything goes wrong then I'll go call you," Chanyeol said before he turned Mina around to face the door. "Now go,"  

Mina decided to do as Chanyeol said. Instead of worrying about her dad, she decided to trust him to Chanyeol for a short moment as she took a break. 



Mina arrived at the cafe and took a seat while looking around. It didn't look like Baekhyun was there yet, so she proceeded to sit in the spot she chose. 

"What could I get for you today?" the waitress asked Mina. 

"Just a cup of warm coffee for now," Mina said with a gentle smile. 

The waitress then left to put in her order. Mina then began to awkwardly look around and saw people talking to their friends or lover while she was alone. She then looked at her watch, and saw that it was already 8. Baekhyun should be here any minute now. 

However, he wasn't. 15 minutes went by, and Baekhyun still wasn't there. Another 15 minutes went by, and he still wasn't there. Soon enough before Mina knew it, she was already waiting for an hour and a half already. She was starting to become impatient and even a little upset that Baekhyun wasn't showing up. She then decided to call Baekhyun and see where he was. Was he stuck in traffic? Was he just coming late? However, Baekhyun also didn't pick up. 

Another 30 minutes passed by, and the cafe was already starting to become empty since it was getting late. But despite this, Mina continued to wait patiently for her boyfriend who she hasn't seen for a while. 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol went to the restroom really quick and came back to the room that Mina's dad was staying in. He was expecting to see Mina there, but was shocked when he saw it was empty. It was already 10. He didn't think that she would be out this long with Baekhyun since she said she would be back really quick. Did she just lose track of time?

However, what Chanyeol didn't know was that Mina was still waiting for Baekhyun who hasn't shown up yet. She kept herself busy by going on her phone and even texting him to see where he was, but she never got a text back. Before she knew it, her phone died because she drained all the battery from using it so much. Why was Baekhyun doing this her? Did he even take their relationship serious anymore? 

Doubts began to fill Mina's mind as she began to feel emotional. She couldn't help but think about everything that was happening so far. Her dad was in the hospital, and now it even seemed like she was losing her boyfriend. Tears began to roll down Mina's face when she couldn't control her feelings anymore. Realizing that now was not the time to cry, she quickly wiped her tears and nose. She should stop waiting for Baekhyun and instead head back to the hospital because it wasn't worth her time anymore. 

Mina stood up as she continued to wipe her tears that for some reason couldn't stop falling from her eyes. She was upset about everything. It didn't feel like anything was going right. Nothing was going right. Just as she was going to walk away from the table and head towards the exit, someone sprinted towards her and stood in front of her while breathing heavily. 

"Chanyeol..." Mina slowly said as he stared at her in shock. 

"Why are you not picking up your phone?" Chanyeol asked while breathing hard. 

He then looked around the cafe and saw that somebody was missing. 

"Where's Baekhyun? Isn't he here?" 

Mina looked away, and Chanyeol saw how upset she was, meaning that Baekhyun never showed up the whole time. And that was the last straw for Chanyeol. He couldn't stick up for his bestfriend anymore who was too busy doing his own things and not knowing what situation Mina was in. Why did he tell Mina to meet here if he wasn't even going to show up? 

"Mina. I'm sorry about-"

"Stop it already Chanyeol," Mina suddenly said with anger. "Why do you keep apologizing for him?"

Chanyeol stared at Mina in shock because he didn't expect her to suddenly say that to him. 

"He should be the one apologizing. He should be the one meeting me right here at this moment," Mina said with anger. "He should have been the one comforting me at the hospital. He should have been the one sticking by my side through all of this... And yet, here you are taking his place,"

Chanyeol was unable to say anything back as he stared at Mina who was finally revealing her thoughts and feelings that she was hiding for so long. But for some odd reason, he felt like his true feelings were starting to reveal itself too. He couldn't stop looking at her tearful eyes. How could her eyes be so beautiful even when she was crying? Was this what Baekhyun saw whenever he stared at her? 

Without thinking about his actions, Chanyeol took a step forward and put his hands on Mina's face. Slowly, he began to lean in towards Mina while she was unable to say anything or move. All she could do was stare at Chanyeol's eyes and watch him lean closer to her. 

Meanwhile, there was one person who was watching the whole thing outside. It was none other than the person they were waiting for; Byun Baekhyun. 

And for the first time, we finally got to see Mina's side of the story and what happened that day. 

 

~End of Chapter 26~

 

Author's Note: The story is finally coming to an end! Woohoo! Didn't think I would get this far to be quite honest. I know I said this last time, but there are just a few chapters left... I think. :P Thank you for reading.