The Man Who Saves the Relationship

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

Chapter 17-  The Man Who Saves the Relationship

[The flashback continues]

   Chanyeol was waiting in front of a building while looking around to see if the person he was looking for has come out yet. He was kicking around to keep himself busy since he was waiting for a while already. Just then, the person he was waiting for exited the door of the building. 

"Yo Chan! What are you doing here?" Baekhyun asked in surprise.

"Why else would I be here for? To find a girlfriend?" Chanyeol joked. "But hey, is there any girls you know that are cute and single?" 

"What are you saying," Baekhyun laughed. He was just happy to see his bestfriend. 

"Let's go grab something to eat? I'll treat,"

"Sorry, but I can't. I have an acting class to go to,"

"What the. Are you serious?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Yeah, sorry man. Another time though?"

"Forget it. It's fine," Chanyeol stated with slight annoyance. "You need to focus on your girlfriend,"

"What do you mean?" Baekhyun asked who didn't understand what Chanyeol was saying. 

"It doesn't look like you have much time, so I'll get to the point. I know how busy you are with your auditions and stuff, but you can't forget about Mina,"

"What are you saying Chanyeol? I'm not forgetting about her," 

"How many times have you seen her this week?" Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun thought that Chanyeol was being ridiculous for asking such a question, unti he realized the answer to the question. 

"Just- Spend time with her whenever you can," Chanyeol said when he saw that Baekhyun was unable to answer his question. "Just make her feel like you are still the same person she fell in love with,"

Chanyeol then walked away because there was not much more to say. He found that he was even becoming slightly upset with Baekhyun when he was clueless about not spending enough time with Mina. 



 A few days later, Chanyeol was sitting alone in the cafe while doing his homework and munching on some snacks every now and then. Just then, someone sat on the chair across from him with excitement. Chanyeol looked up to see who it was, and saw that it was Mina who had a wide smile on her face. 

"Thank you thank you thank you Chanyeol!" Mina repeated with happiness. 

"About what?" Chanyeol asked. 

"I don't know how you did it, but Baekhyun finally realized my feelings. We spent some time together, and it was the funnest that I've ever had in a while," Mina said with a smile. 

"Happy that it worked out," Chanyeol said with a smile before he went to doing his homework. 

Just then, the excitement and joy on Mina's face slowly went away and turned into a more serious and sincere one. 

"But no really. Thank you Chanyeol," Mina suddenly said. 

Chanyeol lifted his head to look at Mina, and was confused about why she was so serious now. 

"You're always the one who fixes our relationship when it starts to become a little rocky," Mina said as she looked at her nails and began to nervously play with it.

Chanyeol did not expect Mina to become so serious and thank him for such a thing. 

"Don't worry about it. Should I have just watch everything fall apart?" Chanyeol joked. 

Mina continued to smile because she was truly thankful for Chanyeol.

"If you're really thankful, then you should buy me some more snacks to show that you really are," 

"What?!" 

Chanyeol went back to working on his homework with a smile on his face. He always found a way to mess around with Mina and have her treat him to food.



Mina placed a tray of more sweets on the table in front of Chanyeol who was still working on his homework. 

"Wow! Thank you! I'll enjoy it!" Chanyeol said with his eyes wide open with joy.

"You're always doing this to me," Mina complained like a child.

"Hey, you said it earlier. I'm always fixing your relationship when it gets rocky, so I deserve to be rewarded," Chanyeol joked as he stuffed a sweet bread in his mouth and munched with joy.

"Fine fine. Anyways, I got to head to class. See you later, and thanks again," Mina said before she grabbed her things and left.

Just as she was walking away, Chanyeol saw something fall out from her bag without her noticing. He quickly stood up to grab whatever it was from the ground, and saw that it was a photo of her and Baekhyun smiling. It is important to note that this picture is the same picture mentioned in the beginning that was released to the public and started the controversy between Baekhyun and Mina. 

Chanyeol had a smile on his face as he stared at this photo of his bestfriend and Mina smiling happily together. They must have taken this together on their date the day before. Suddenly, the smile on Chanyeol's face slowly faded away as he stared at this photo. He was happy for them. He truly was... But he was starting to have a feeling inside him that he's never had before, or maybe it was just secretly hiding the whole time until now where it was starting to slowly creep up. He's seen Baekhyun and Mina gone through hard and happy times since the beginning of their relationship, but he was starting to become envious because he's never had something like that before. 

[Flashback Ends]

Chanyeol was still sitting on the chair next to the hospital bed that Mina was resting on. For the last few hours, he was thinking back about the times with Mina where he helped her overcome her disappointment and doubts with Baekhyun when they were still together. He continued to stare at Mina and thought that she didn't deserve to be in the situation that she is in now. She was the victim back then, and she still is now. 

 

~End of Chapter 17~

 

 

Author's Note: I'm sorry if this story is dragging on for so long. Even for me it's going on longer than expected, but I want to make sure that I get everything down in the story without overflowing a chapter. I promise that there's a only a few chapters left until it will end! Thank you for reading and keeping up with my first official fanfiction! - 7/4/2016