Cutting Them Off

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

Chapter 20- Cutting Them Off

    [The flashback continues]

 Baekhyun was standing in front of a girl with slight anger of tears in his eyes. 

"Just stop it," the girl said who also had tears in her eyes. "Let's just stop it,"

She then turned around to walk away before Baekhyun could say anything further, but Baekhyun grabbed her hand to stop her before she could walk away. 

"Don't go. Please, I need you," Baekhyun said as he stared at the girl in the eyes.

"Cut!" the Director yelled as he stood up. "Baekhyun, come on. I need more from you,"

"Sorry," Baekhyun said as he bowed to his director. 

"Give me more emotions and show that you mean what you say. The audience should be moved from this part because the typically bad boy is showing emotions for once," the Director said to Baekhyun.

"I understand," Baekhyun said respectfully as he kept his head down. 

"Alright. Let's start from the top again," the Director ordered everyone as he took his seat. 

Baekhyun and the actress was standing across from each other again to reenact the part. However, Baekhyun was still not delivering what the Director and the rest of the staff was expecting. 

"Stop stop stop," the Director said with frustration building in him. "Baekhyun, what's going on with you? I expected more from you,"

"I'm sorry. I'll promise to work harder," Baekhyun sincerely apologized. 

"We have been behind on filming because of you. Do you understand that? You have not been acting the way we want you to be," 

"I understand, and I apologize again," Baekhyun said as he kept his head down. 

"Do it again. One more time," the Director said as he took his seat again.

And so Baekhyun and the actress went back to their original positions to reenact the part. But like before, Baekhyun wasn't doing it right, and the Director had enough. Baekhyun was too stiff in his face expressions and voice. 

"Stop!" the Director yelled with frustration as he stood up. "Baekhyun! What's going on?!" 

Everybody sighed because of how many times they had to stop and repeat the same part for numerous times. It wasn't the first time that Baekhyun was not delivering the role he got. Meanwhile, Baekhyun's manager was worried and nervous because of how Baekhyun wasn't acting his role properly. 

"I'm sorry-" Baekhyun tried to apologize.

"Forget it! I understand you're a rookie, but you've been messing up way too many times!" the Director yelled. "Emotions emotions emotions! I want emotions!"

"Yes sir. I'll try-"

"Forget it. We don't have time for this. We've wasted too much time. Get him out and find me a replacement," the Director said as he walked away. 

"What?" one of the staff member asked. 

Baekhyun was in disbelief and shock as he thought about what the Director said. Was he... Getting fired from his role? 

"Please sir! I-I can do it!" Baekhyun yelled. 

However, the Director ignored him and continued to walk away. Too much time was wasted on a simple part and role. 



Baekhyun was sitting in the van with his manager, they were on their way home. He was looking out the window with no emotions because there was so much that was on his mind and happening. 

"I'll try to talk to the Director about it and persuade him. So just get some rest for now," his manager said. 

Baekhyun did not answer and continued to stare out the window. 

"Look Baekhyun. I really need you to focus. You've worked so hard to get this far. We can't let it go to waste now," his manager started. "I'm sorry about what happened between you and your girlfriend. But now's not the time to keep your mind on that. You have to move on or else your career is really going to end before it even begins. This is your only chance," 

Baekhyun closed his eyes as he thought about what his manager said. He came to the realization that his manager was right. No matter how hurt he was, he had to move on or atleast put it on hold right now because if he doesn't, then his dream is over. His heart was broken eversince that day when he saw Mina and Chanyeol moments away from kissing, but there was nothing that he could do now. They were no longer important in his life, and he had to cut them off from his mind and life.

He worked hard to get to where he is now, and his dreams was barely starting. He had so much waiting for him, in which there certainly was. All he has to do now is focus on his dream of becoming a rising actor. 

 

~End of Chapter 20~