Chanyeol's Had Enough

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

Chapter 27- Chanyeol's Had Enough

[Flashback ends- Back to present time]

It was late at night, and Baekhyun was parked in front of an apartment complex and waiting inside the car. While he was waiting, he couldn't stop thinking about what his mother told him that day when he went back home to visit.

"You really... Don't know?" Baekhyun's mom asked in disbelief.

"What what what?! Know about what?!" Baekhyun raised his voice as he couldn't stand this anymore. 

"Son... Mina's dad passed away 4 years ago,"

Baekhyun rubbed his face in frustration as he thought back to this exact moment. He couldn't understand what was going on. If Mina's dad passed away 4 years ago, then why was this his first time hearing this when 4 years ago, Mina and Baekhyun were still dating? Suddenly, Baekhyun's nose began to become runny as his eyes turned red.

He couldn't stop thinking about times that he spent with Mina's dad when they were still together. He was so kind and welcoming towards Baekhyun. He was always smiling and looked so happy. He was the best at cooking, possibly even better than Baekhyun's mom. But the fact that Baekhyun was barely learning the unfortunate news of his passing right now made him feel a sense of regret and guilt. And for the first time, we are seeing a sensitive side to Baekhyun that was never shown before. 

Just then, a bright light was shining in Baekhyun's face and he saw that it was from a car that was parked a few feet away. Baekhyun quickly wiped his eyes and nose just incase the people in the car was the people that he was waiting for. The light from the car turned off, and two people stepped out. As expected, it was the people that Baekhyun was waiting for. 

"Make sure to rest well," Chanyeol said as he walked Mina towards the front of the apartment complex. 

They had just return from visiting Mina's dad at the cemetary since today marked as the 4th year since he passed away.

"Thank you for today," Mina said with a warm smile. "And thank you... For everything,"

A smile came upon Chanyeol's face when he received these words from Mina. He was relieved to see that Mina was starting to open herself up again when she used to be so rough before. 

"Don't worry about it. You can head inside now before you catch a cold," Chanyeol said. 

Mina smiled and took one last look at Chanyeol before departing with him for the night. But before they could officially say their goodbyes and end the night, someone came out from the darkness and approached them. They both turned to see who the owner to these footsteps was, and was shocked to see who it was. 

"What are you doing here?" Chanyeol asked as he turned to look at Baekhyun with an unhappy expression. 

"I want a moment with Mina," Baekhyun said as he sincerely stared at Mina. 

"Do we have to do this again Baekhyun?" Chanyeol asked. 

"I know you don't want to talk to me right now Mina," Baekhyun said as he took a few steps forward towards her. "But I have something to ask you," 

Meanwhile, Mina was standing where she was while staring at Baekhyun. She too didn't look happy or excited to see Baekhyun. 

"Please, Mina," Baekhyun said as he looked at her with pleading eyes. 

Mina was shocked to see how Baekhyun was acting all of a sudden. He was always so full of himself before, but now he was acting different. But before Mina could make her decision and speak for herself, Chanyeol stepped up to Mina and gently touched her arm. 

"Go inside now," Chanyeol said. 

Mina didn't expect Chanyeol to intervene and tell her to head inside. However, she thought that what Chanyeol insisted was the correct decision. Whenever she was around Baekhyun, trouble always arises. Mina took one last look at Baekhyun and Chanyeol before turning around to head inside her house. 

"Mina," Baekhyun said as he tried to go after her. 

However, his path was blocked by Chanyeol who did not want him to go any further. 

"Just stop," Chanyeol calmly said.

"I just want to speak up with her," Baekhyun insisted as he tried to walk past Chanyeol. 

However, he was stopped again by Chanyeol who stepped in front of him. 

"Just stop already!" Chanyeol yelled this time. 

He was starting to become furious with Baekhyun who wasn't listening to him. Nothing ever went right whenever Baekhyun was around Mina, and he couldn't let anything happen anymore. 

"Just leave Mina alone from now on," Chanyeol continued as he calmed himself down. "You can't keep doing this to her. There's nothing more to discuss between the two of you. So just leave,"

The eagerness on Baekhyun slowly went away, and Chanyeol walked away when he found that he made himself clear. However...

"Why didn't you tell me about her dad?" Baekhyun suddenly asked as he stood still and stared at the ground. 

"What?" Chanyeol asked as he turned around to look at him. 

"Why didn't you tell me that her dad passed away?" 

"Why are you bringing-"

"Why is it that her dad passed away 4 years ago, but I'm barely learning about this now?" Baekhyun asked as he looked at Chanyeol this time. "Why didn't you ever tell me about this?"

Chanyeol took a moment to think about what to say. Was Baekhyun really blaming this on him?

"I did tell you," Chanyeol answered. 

"Don't bull me Chanyeol. You never did. Because if you did then we wouldn't be here like this right now,"

"Do you really want to discuss about this right now?" Chanyeol asked as he looked around to indicate how late it was. 

"If something happened to her dad, then why didn't you tell me at that time?" Baekhyun asked, ignoring the fact of how late it was.  

"Are you kidding me?" Chanyeol asked in disbelief. "You're seriously trying to blame this on me?" 

"Then whose fault is it?! You did this on purpose because you liked Mina huh? I thought you were better than that," Baekhyun assumed. 

Chanyeol began to take deep breaths in order to calm himself down. He really didn't want to deal with this right now. 

"You should have told me even if you did! Do you know what I'm going through-" Baekhyun continued. 

"Are you seriously trying to play as the victim again?" Chanyeol interrupted. 

"What?" Baekhyun asked. Why was Chanyeol bringing this up again?

"4 years later you barely found out about the death of Mina's dad, yet 4 years later, you still want to believe that you did nothing wrong?" Chanyeol said, who was starting to lose his patience with Baekhyun. 

"Where did I go wrong?" Baekhyun ignorantly asked. "My bestfriend never told me about the death of my own girlfriend's dad-"

"Just stop," Chanyeol said as he was starting to lose his patience.

"And to add to that, he kissed my girlfriend after that because he couldn't control his own feelings and I was betrayed by my own girlfriend. So where am I wrong here?" Baekhyun continued.

"Because there's so much that you don't know Baekhyun!" Chanyeol yelled this time.

"What?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Yes, you're right. Your ex-girlfriend cheated on you with me," Chanyeol started with his eyes wide open as his breathing got heavier. 

"But there is so much that you don't know. You don't know damn crap about what happened that day. You don't know damn crap of what was going through Mina's mind when her dad was hanging on for dear life. You don't know damn crap of how she was feeling when the doctor told her to prepare her last words. You don't know damn crap of how hard she was crying when her only family member left took his last breath. You don't know damn crap of how disappointed she was when you didn't answer her phone call. You don't know damn crap of how lost she was without you by her side. You don't know damn crap of how confused she was when it was her boyfriend's bestfriend who was there for her... And you don't know damn crap of what witnessed and went through when I had to take your place. I watched all of this happen in order to take care of my bestfriend's girlfriend because what kind of friend wouldn't?

I never expected to fall for her Baekhyun, I really didn't. But I couldn't help it. Through her hardest moments, I finally realized how strong she was and understood why you fell in love with her. I understand that I was wrong, but don't put the blame on her. It was me who should have known better and have better control of myself. But don't act like you didn't do anything wrong. If you had just taken a moment to drop everything and focus on the people that made you who you are, then this wouldn't have happened. You cared too much about your dreams of becoming an actor that you were forgetting the person who gave you that dream in the first place. You were selfishly pursuing your own dreams,  and that's why you never answered our calls. That's why you are barely learning about the passing of Mina's dad," Chanyeol explained without a break. 

These were the words that Chanyeol was keeping inside of him for so long. He couldn't help it anymore because of how much Baekhyun was acting. He couldn't sit still anymore and allow Baekhyun to continue thinking that he did nothing wrong and was the good person here. 

Chanyeol then slowed down his breathing as he gave Baekhyun one last look. 

"And if you're still wondering why we didn't tell you that Mina's dad passed away after that, then you should ask your manager. We asked him to relay the message to you about his funeral when we couldn't get in contact with you. We did our part. It's either you or your manager who didn't," Chanyeol said before turning around to walk away. 

Baekhyun stayed still where he was as Chanyeol walked away. He was still having a hard time processing everything that Chanyeol said. There was so much. Was Chanyeol really telling the truth? Did this really happen?

He was now starting to lose that sense of innocence and doing nothing wrong when he thought about what Chanyeol said. There was so much that he didn't know. However, something else also came across his mind. Chanyeol and Mina informed his manager about the funeral when they couldn't get in contact with him? He doesn't remember his manager ever telling him about the passing of Mina's death and his funeral. What was happening? 

 

~End of Chapter 27~