It's Happening Again

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

Chapter 21- It's Happening Again

[Back to the Present]

A nurse was in Mina's hospital room and informing her about her health and what she should do. 

"Your health is back to normal, but just make sure to get enough sleep and eat proper meals. Also remember to take your medication once a day in order to prevent your fever from coming back," the nurse informed. 

"Yes. Thank you," Mina said. 

The nurse then walked out of the room, and Mina was now alone. She was preparing her belongings since she was finally being released from the hospital. At the same time, there was someone standing outside the room and peeking through window. It was none other than Chanyeol who was worried for Mina despite her kicking him out a couple days before. He wanted to make sure she was okay and able to get home safely on her own. Instead of wasting time, Chanyeol decided to enter the room and greet Mina. 

"Are you feeling better?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Oh... Yeah," Mina said. 

Chanyeol was relieved to see that she was okay, but more than that, he was relieved to see that she was willing to talk to him. 

"Do you want anything to eat? How about your favorite, jajangmyeon?"

"No, I'm fine. I just want to get home and rest," Mina said with a monotone voice.

"Hmm alright. I'll take you home," Chanyeol suggested. 

"No it's okay. I can get home by myself-"

"Kwon Mina. Just let me help you okay?" Chanyeol asked sincerely. 

Mina stopped talking and saw that Chanyeol was really worried for her. He really wanted to help her to make sure she gets home safely. 



Mina and Chanyeol were on their way to leaving the hospital after Mina was done packing her belongings. While they were walking, there was a man from afar who had a camera and notepad and was staring at them. He then approached them.

"Hello," the man greeted politely.

"Who... are you?" Chanyeol asked as he and Mina wondered who this man was. 

"My name is Kim Suho, and I am a reporter. I was wondering if I could ask Ms. Kwon Mina a couple questions," Suho said. 

"About what?" Chanyeol asked who did not like where this was going. 

"Byun Baekhyun. She is his ex-girlfriend right?" 

"Are you kidding me?" Chanyeol asked with anger. 

"Chanyeol," Mina said as she grabbed Chanyeol to hold him back.

She then turned to look at the reporter. 

"What is the interview about?" Mina asked.

"Mina!" Chanyeol said out loud. He couldn't believe that Mina was actually willing to do it.

"I just want to ask you a couple questions about the controversy that's been going on between you and Baekhyun, and possibly even clear up misunderstandings if there are any," Reporter Suho explained. 

"This won't take long right?" Mina asked, showing that she was really willing to do it. 

She wanted to use this interview process as a chance to clear up any misunderstandings in hopes people could stop seeing her in a negative way. 



Mina took a seat and began to nervously play with her finger nails while keeping her head down. Sitting across from her was Reporter Suho who was preparing to interview her by asking a couple questions. Standing next to him was a camera man who was pointing the camera at Mina, and already recording the interview.

"So let's get started shall we, Ms. Kwon Mina? There is no need to be nervous. I will just be asking a couple questions and all you have to do is answer them," Reporter Suho explained. 

"This interview footage, isn't going to be released to the public right?" Mina slowly asked as she stared at the camera. 

"Correct. We are recording just incase we miss anything important and need to look back,"

Mina slightly nodded her head without saying anything and went back to playing with her finger nails. Meanwhile, Chanyeol was nervously watching the interview process from the side of the room. He still couldn't understand why Mina agreed to do this. 

"I understand that you are busy, so I will get straight to the point if you don't mind," Suho started off. "Currently, Byun Baekhyun was caught in a controversy due to something that involves you. He stated that you-"

"Excuse me. I thought you said you would get straight to the point," Mina said who was starting to become impatient, causing Suho to be slightly taken aback. 

"That's correct," Suho said as he cleared his throat. "Ms. Kwon Mina. Is it true that you cheated on Byun Baekhyun, who is now the top actor in Korea?"

Mina stared at the reporter as she remained silent for a couple seconds. 

"Yes," she finally replied.

Reporter Suho was now starting to become a little anxious with excitement. He was the first ever one to get an interview with Mina, and this was his big chance! 

"How long were you both together until you cheated on him?" Suho asked. 

"For almost three years," Mina answered. 

"Was he a sweet and kind boyfriend?" 

"Yes," 

"If I'm correct, you both were still together when he was pursuing his career as an actor. Do you have any sense of regret now that you see how successful he is?" 

"... No," Mina calmly replied.

Suho swallowed nervously because that was not the answer he expected. With an interview like this, it wasn't going to gain the pubic's attention or receive any positive results. He was bringing nothing new to the table here. He then decided that he had to ask questions that would definitely gain everyone's attention. 

"Why did you cheat on him?" 

Instead of replying back, Mina stayed silent and nervously swallowed as she thought about the answer to this question. 

"Don't you think your questions are getting a little too personal?" Chanyeol intervened. 

Suho looked at Chanyeol, and then at Mina. He saw how uncomfortable Mina was starting to become. 

"Okay. Just let me ask a couple more questions," Suho said to change the question. "Are you still by any chance with the man you cheated with?"

Chanyeol stood up straight because he didn't expect such an odd question. Mina slightly turned to look at Chanyeol and was thinking about what to say. 

"We're done here," Chanyeol said as he grabbed Mina's hand and dragged her out of the room. 

"Wait-" Suho tried to say to stop them. "People said that they spotted Baekhyun here. Is it true that he was here to visit you?" 

Chanyeol and Mina were shocked to here that from the reporter. Words got out that Baekhyun was at the hospital to possibly visit Mina?

Instead of answering Suho, Chanyeol continued to drag Mina out of the room and it was clear that he was upset. They should have never done this stupid interview in the first place. He should have stopped Mina from the very start. Chanyeol was starting to become angry because he didn't know how the reporter was going to release this to public, or if he was going to twist words around to gain attention. What was going to happen if words got out even more that Baekhyun came to visit Mina at the hospital? How was his fans going to react? 

And before they knew it, Chanyeol's fear came true. The interview with Mina was released to the public, and the news of Baekhyun visiting Mina at the hospital was going viral. There were even photos taken by fans as proof, and they too were going viral. 

"Why would he go visit his ex-girlfriend? Is he crazy?" one fan commented on the photo. 

"Who goes to visit an old lover at the hospital that cheated on you? I'd be the one who'd put them there,"

"Clearly something is still up if he went to visit his ex-girlfriend," 

"What if they were back together? That can't be!"

"I'm going to be so disappointed in Baekhyun if this was true,"



And just like a few weeks earlier, the company was going crazy. They were receiving nonstop calls from people who had questions regarding this news about Baekhyun visiting Mina at the hospital. Baekhyun's manager also received the news and was once again frustrated and filled with anxiety. Just when he thought things have calm down, this happens. 

Meanwhile, Baekhyun was well aware of the news after seeing it on television and articles. He was sitting down on his couch in his apartment and thinking about everything that was happening. It was happening all over again. 

 

~End of Chapter 21~