A Reminder of the Past

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

Chapter 5- A Reminder of the Past

       It was late at night, and Baekhyun and Mina were sitting across from each other on the table in the cafe. They were silent as they took a moment to think about what to talk about since it's been a while that they have seen each other. Baekhyun looked rather calm and even happy like he usually is while Mina was sitting with her arms crossed and avoiding eye contact.

"Is this how you usually treat a customer?" Baekhyun asked with a scoff to break the awkward silence. 

Mina shifted her eyes to look at Baekhyun with annoyance. "It's passed our closing time if you could not tell,"

Baekhyun scoffed once again and laughed at her attitude. "I guess it's true that some people really do not change," 

Mina glared at Baekhyun with anger slightly growing in her. Judging by their body language and exchange of words, it could be seen that there was tension in the air between the two. 

"Why are you here? I don't have time for a casual conversation," Mina said. 

"Why else would I be here? I wanted to know why you released that photo of us without my permission," Baekhyun replied. 

"What?"

"You're still as clueless as ever I see. I guess you've been living under a rock," he sarcastically said. 

Mina was taken aback by his sudden words and sarcastic tone. Why was he speaking to her like she was stupid? Suddenly, a smirk came upon her face which caused Baekhyun to be the one taken aback this time. 

"I guess you're still hurt," Mina replied back fiercely with a smirk.

"What?" Baekhyun asked as the smile on his face slowly faded away. 

"I didn't release the photo of us," Mina said to change the topic as she looked at him in the eye. 

"Then who did?"

"Maybe you did. Celebrities like you seek for attention and publicity don't you? Isn't this what you like?" 

Baekhyun scoffed in disbelief as he looked away for a short moment because of what Mina said. He was trying to find the right words to say, but couldn't at the moment. 

"You-You-You think I released the photo?" Baekhyun asked before he laughed. "What good will come out of that? 

"Like I said, I didn't release it. So please leave so I can close the cafe," Mina said as she tried to get up and walk away. 

"Just know that my movie and image suffered tremendously because of that photo, and I will be holding you liable for it," 

Mina stopped where she was as she thought about what Baekhyun said. 

"Why would I be held responsible for something that I didn't do?" she asked as she turned around to look at him. 

"I didn't do it, so the only person left is you," Baekhyun stated as he began to walk towards the exit. "I will be sending my side to deal with you, so stop denying it and just prepare for the consequences,"

"So you are still hurt," Mina said to imply something that she was referring to before. 

"What?"

"Despite being the top actor in Korea and receiving so much love, you still can't forget the past. The fact that you're also meeting me right now instead of just sending your side to meet me like you said you would, shows everything too," Mina replied with fierceness again. "What a gift. I still have a place in Korea's top actor's heart," 

Mina began to head towards the backroom to continue her work before Baekhyun could say anything else. However, she was not quick enough. 

"I wanted to be nice to you, but that won't be happening," Baekhyun started. "Remember that you're the one who betrayed me and caused us to be like this. You won't be able to hold your head so high anymore when people know you as the one who cheated on Byun Baekhyun,"

He then walked out without allowing Mina to say anything further. He was proud of himself for having the last say in their tense reunion.

 

~End of Episode 5~