Baekhyun's Request

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

Chapter 31- Baekhyun's Favor

          Baekhyun was walking and staring at a small paper while also looking around. He was walking in an area that didn't seem all that familiar to him while trying to find a particular place. After looking around for a few minutes, he was relieved to see the address that he has been searching for. 

Baekhyun slowly took a few steps inside this property and wondered if he found the right place. Was this person he looking for in a place like this? Just then, an older man in his mid 50's approached Baekhyun. 

"Here to pick up a car?" the man asked.

Baekhyun quickly turned to look at this man because he didn't expect anyone to suddenly talk to him. 

"Baekhyun?" the old man suddenly asked as he got a clear look of Baekhyun's face. "Is that you?"

"Mr. Park..." Baekhyun slowly said when he recognized this man. 

"So it is you Baek!" the old man said with excitement as he shook Baekhyun's hand. "It has been so long since I've seen you!"

Baekhyun was silent as he was only able to stare at Mr. Park who was still shaking his hand with excitement and joy. 

"I didn't think I would get to see a star here! You've grown so much,"

A smile came upon Baekhyun's face as he continued to remain speechless while staring at this man. It has been a while since he's seen him, and he was happy to finally see him again after all these years. 

"Hello Mr. Park," Baekyun said with a warm smile. 

"How have you been? I thought you forgot all about us," Mr. Park asked. 

"I've been living well. How about you and Mrs. Park?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Oh we've been good! We've missed you so much and wondered what happened to you! We were shocked when we saw you in movies. We didn't think you were ever going to become an actor," Mr. Park continued with joy. 

Baekhyun smiled shyly at his compliment and scratched the back of his head. 

"Aigoo. What has our Chanyeol been doing with his life?" Mr. Park asked. 

Suddenly, the smile on Baekhyun's face slowly went away at the mention of Chanyeol. 

"Oh that's right. Would you like to meet Chanyeol? I'll go tell him that you're here-"

"No! It's okay sir. I can go talk to him myself," Baekhyun said with a reassuring smile. 

"Really? Okay. Well, it was nice to see you again," Mr. Park said with a smile. 



After a short yet happy reunion with Chanyeol's dad, Baekhyun decided to find and meet with Chanyeol this time. He approached a garage that was open, and metal tools could be heard clinging and banging onto each other with music playing in the background. 

As Baekhyun approached closer, he saw a person under a car that looked like he was fixing it. 

"Dad. Can you hand me the ratchet?" Chanyeol asked as he stuck his hand out for the tool. 

However, Chanyeol didn't realize that it wasn't his dad but instead someone he least expected. After waiting a couple seconds with no tool being handed to him, Chanyeol pushed himself out from under the car to see what was taking so long. However, he was shocked to someone else standing there. 

"What are you doing here?" Chanyeol asked in confusion. He didn't expect to see Baekhyun here. 

"I need to ask you a favor," Baekhyun said as he was standing a few feet away from Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol wondered why Baekhyun was here to ask for a favor when he should know the answer already. He ignored Baekhyun and grabbed the tool before sliding under the car to work on fixing the car again. 

"Please Chanyeol. I beg you," Baekhyun said. 

However, Chanyeol continued to ignore him and act as if he wasn't there. He wasn't in the mood to talk to Baekhyun and it should be obvious. 

"I know what I did wrong," Baekhyun stated. "I was stupid and ignorant back then. I shouldn't have acted the way that I did. You were right. I was too selfish back then and should have focused on the people who made me who I am,"

"What difference does it make now?" Chanyeol asked as he slid himself back out from under the car and looked at Baekhyun. "We can't go back to change the way you were and everything after that,"

"I know, but I just want you to know that I'm sorry," Baekhyun stated with a pleading look in his eyes. "I know what I did wrong,"

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun for a moment, and saw that he sincerely meant what he said. He truly does look sorry, and this is what Chanyeol has been waiting for. For Baekhyun to see what he did wrong instead of still believing that he was innocent and did nothing wrong. 

"What favor did you want to ask?" Chanyeol suddenly asked. 

Baekhyun was slightly taken aback that Chanyeol asked that. He thought that Chanyeol didn't want to listen to his favor. 

"Mina... Is there a way that you can help me talk to her?" Baekhyun asked. 

"What?"

"I've been trying to talk to her, but she ignored me each time. Please, there's something that I want to tell her," Baekhyun begged.

Chanyeol took a moment to think about Baekhyun's request. 

"If she doesn't want to talk to you, then there's nothing that I can do about it," Chanyeol said. 

"But Chanyeol, you've always done this in the past. You helped us whenever we had issues or misunderstandings... Can't you... Do that again?" 

Chanyeol was silent as he thought back to the past. Baekhyun was right. Chanyeol did always help out their relationship whenever it started to get rocky, and now Baekhyun was asking for the same favor. 

"Please... Chanyeol," Baekhyun said as he stared at Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol continued to think about Baekhyun's favor, but it couldn't be seen what he was thinking or feeling. After a few seconds of thinking, Chanyeol made his decision. 

"I'm afraid I can't do that," Chanyeol finally stated. 

"What...? But Chanyeol-"

"Because I like her Baekhyun," Chanyeol said. "I like her a lot,"

Baekhyun was unable to say anything as he stared at Chanyeol in shock. 

"And it's good that you understand what you did wrong, but it's time we move on from all of this already," Chanyeol said as he looked at Baekhyun. "There's no point of trying anymore. You're a top actor, so focus on getting that reputation back and let Mina be. Enough damage has already been done and we can't let anymore happen,"

Chanyeol then stood up and walked away in order to show that he had nothing more to say to Baekhyun. Meanwhile, Baekhyun stood where he was without moving because of Chanyeol's words.

It was only a few years ago where they used to be the best of friends. They did everything together and told each other everything. One would always cover for the other one's foolishness, and the other one would find a way to repay him back. However, so much have changed and that sense of friendship was no longer there...

Or so we thought.

 

~End of Chapter 31~