Will He Show Up?

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

Chapter 11- Will He Show Up?

[The flashback from the previous chapter continues]

"Yo Baek! The guys and I are going to the arcade right after school. You going?" Chanyeol asked as he threw his arms around his bestfriend.

"Can't. I have tutoring session," Baekhyun dreadfully said. 

"Ah, that's right! How did it go?" 

"It was stupid and boring, but how else would it be?" 

Just then, someone unexpected walked past Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

"See you at 5," Mina said with a smile as she walked past them.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were caught off guard and stopped walking. Did Mina hear what Baekhyun say? And to be exact, where did she come out from? However, Chanyeol decided to return his focus to Baekhyun. 

"So are you going or what? You said you don't care about the tutor session, then don't go and come hangout with us," Chanyeol said. 

Baekhyun took a moment to think about what Chanyeol told him. Chanyeol was right. He didn't care about the tutor session. It's a waste of his time to sit there and do nothing when he could be using the time to do something else. He decided to listen to his bestfriend. 



Baekhyun approached Mina who was sitting in her seat in the classroom and writing something in a notebook. 

"I won't be able to make it today. I... Have something to do," Baekhyun said as he thought of an excuse. 

"Like what? Hanging out with your friends?" Mina unexpectedly replied, causing Baekhyun to be taken aback. "We'll meet at the same spot,"

Baekhyun let out a deep sigh because he couldn't hold it in anymore. 

"Do you not understand!" Baekhyun said loudly. "I don't care about any of this tutoring or school. If you still want to meet up at the cafe, then go ahead. But I won't be showing up anymore," he finished saying before he walked away. 

Later that day, Baekhyun was hanging out with his friends at the arcade and getting carried away by the games. They were screaming with excitement or even frustration for every game they lost or won. When they were done after playing games nonstop for a couple hours, they decided to eat somewhere to fulfill their empty stomachs. 

"Yo Baek! I know you cheated on the last game," Sehun accused of Baekhyun. 

"You're just mad man! I legit won that," Baekhyun replied with confidence.

"He won that! I saw it," Chanyeol said to backup his best friend. 

Just as the group of friends were talking loudly among themselves while looking around to find a place to eat, they were coincidentally passing by the cafe that Mina and Baekhyun met up for the tutor session. 

"Yo. Isn't that Mina? I thought there was no tutoring session today," Sehun said when he spotted Mina in the cafe.

Baekhyun stopped walking and was surprised to see Mina sitting in the same exact spot that they sat at for the tutor session. She knew that he wasn't going to show up, so why was she still there? It was obvious that she was waiting for him because she was sitting and doing nothing. There were also school materials out on the table in front of her, but seemed as if it wasn't touched for the last hour or so. 

"Or are you supposed to meet up with her now?" Sehun further asked. 

"Of course not. I already told her that I was no longer going to do these tutor sessions with her. She must be crazy for believing that I will go back on my words and show up," Baekhyun stated before he walked away, not caring about Mina waiting for him. 

For the next few days, Baekhyun continued to skip the tutoring sessions to hangout with his friends, and he was doing this secretly behind his mother's back. However, Mina was also the same. She still showed up at the same cafe, and was clearly waiting for Baekhyun in hopes that he would show up at least once again. But Baekhyun never did.



Baekhyun was walking home after hanging out with his friends for a couple hours after school, like usual. Along the way, he passed by the cafe and again saw Mina sitting down in the same exact spot and waiting for him. Why was she still waiting for him when she knew that he wasn't going to show up? Especially after all these times? This was his 6th time skipping the tutoring session where Mina was still waiting everyday eversince. 

Just then, he saw Mina pack up her things with frustration, and he knew it was because of him. He hid behind a wall and peeked around the corner to look at Mina and saw her walking away with anger. This was the end for him. He knew what was coming after purposely skipping multiple times. She was going to tell his mother and then be grounded for days. 



Baekhyun walked into the kitchen and grabbed a cold water bottle to drink. At the same time, his mother also entered the kitchen to finish cutting up the ingredients for dinner. He nervously looked at his mother while drinking water, and was waiting for her to yell at him. However...

"How's the tutoring session going so far?" she unexpectedly asked.

"Wha-what?" Baekhyun asked as he choked on his water. 

"Your tutoring session, with Mina. How is it going so far?"

"... It's... Going good?" Baekhyun asked with confusion, wondering if his mother was just setting this up. 

"I called Mina earlier, and she said you're improving a lot," his mother said. "See, it's not that hard if you just try for once,"

Baekhyun stayed silent as he thought about what his mother just said. Mina... told his mother that he was improving? And not that he was purposely skipping it?

"I knew she was the right tutor for you! She's so smart and kind. You should consider yourself lucky that I'm good friends with her parents," Baekhyun's mother playfully said as she stirred the pot filled with food.

Baekhyun remained silent as he thought about what his mother told him. Was Mina covering for him? She knew that he was skipping out on these tutoring sessions, yet, she still tells his mother that he was improving, acting as if he was showing up the whole time?



The next day, Baekhyun was sitting in his seat and staring at Mina the whole time who sat two seats in front of him. Despite the lecture going on, he had his mind on something else. He still couldn't understand why Mina lied. He knew that she was frustrated and even angry that he was not showing up. As much as he tried to forget this because he usually isn't bothered by these kind of things, he couldn't.

When first period was over, Mina stood up from her seat and was walking towards the back of the room in order to exit the class through the back door. At the same time, Baekhyun didn't realize that he was still staring at Mina who was walking towards him. Mina stopped when she saw Baekhyun staring at her, in which Baekhyun quickly shifted his eyes elsewhere and cleared his throat as if nothing happened. 

Instead of greeting him with a brightful smile, she instead walked past him to exit the classroom while keeping a serious look on her face. Baekhyun knew that she was mad and disappointed in him with the way she acted cold towards him. But that's the thing that was bothering him. If she felt that way, then why did she lie to his mother?



It was 5 p.m, and Mina was sitting in the same exact seat in the cafe while waiting for Baekhyun. But despite waiting, she already knew the result. Why was she even wasting her time anymore on someone who simply didn't care? She decided that this wasn't worth it anymore. She stood up and began to roughly stuff the school materials on the table into her bag when suddenly... Someone pulled the chair out and took a seat across from her. She stopped what she was doing, and stared at this person in shock. 

"What are you doing? We have a test coming up," Baekhyun said as he took out school materials from his backpack while avoiding eye contact with Mina. 

Mina continued to stare at Baekhyun and couldn't believe what was happening. Why was he here when he told her that he wasn't going to show up anymore? Why was he here when he skipped out several times already? But, that didn't matter right now. He actually showed up. He finally showed up.

Mina took a seat, and smiled in disbelief. She then began to take out the school materials from her backpack and place them back on the table. While doing this, she couldn't help but smile. She never expected Baekhyun to go back on his words. 

At the same time, Baekhyun took a look at Mina and saw her bright smile. And for the first time, he smiled at her... or because of her. 

 

~End of Chapter 11~

 

Sorry for not updating this story as much. I've been working on another story lately and left this one hanging for a while. I promise to update it soon!

- 6/28/16