How Baekhyun's Dream Came To Be

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

Chapter 15- How Baekhyun's Dream Came To be

            Baekhyun and his group of friends were at a small convenient store and looking around to see what they should buy. Chanyeol and the others were debating about what chips and candies they should buy to snack on. Meanwhile, Baekhyun was in the refrigerated area where the cold drinks are stored. He was taking a minute or so to carefully look around and decide what he should pick out. When he finally made his decision, he grabbed a stawberry milk carton along with a chocolate milk one. 

"When did you start drinking strawberry milk?" Chanyeol asked as he stood next to Baekhyun. 

"It's not for me," Baekhyun replied. 

"Ah, that's right! I still can't get used to the fact that you have a girlfriend," 

"Why not? I'm a pretty good and caring boyfriend," 

"Yeah, but you weren't like that before," Chanyeol joked. "Hey, you should buy my things for me because if it wasn't for me, then you two wouldn't be together-"

"Forget it," Baekhyun said as he walked away before Chanyeol could finish his sentence. 

"This guy. Not even thankful for his bestfriend," Chanyeol said with a frown. 

When they were done paying for their items and finally arrived at school, they walked into class while talking loudly. Instead of walking to his seat, Baekhyun instead grabbed a chair and placed it next to another desk and sat on it. 

"What are you doing?" Baekhyun asked cutely as he placed the strawberry milk on this person's desk.

"Just finishing up my book. Thank you!" Mina said with a bright smile as she placed her book down and grabbed the strawberry milk. 

"You're still reading that book? Aigoo," Baekhyun playfully said. 

"Don't say that. I've already finished it and just reading it again," Mina complained like a child.

"Alright alright. Sorry," Baekhyun said as he brushed Mina's hair as if she was a child.

Mina then drank her strawberry milk and Baekhyun just sat still as he watched her. Even she looked beautiful to Baekhyun when she was drinking her favorite milk. He couldn't help but stare at her and think of how lucky he was to have her. 

"What are you doing later?" Mina asked as she set her milk down.

"Nothing. Why? Wanna go on a date?" Baekhyun said playfully. 

"Hmmm alright. There's this new movie I want to watch! It has my favorite actor in it," Mina stated. 

"What movie?"

"The Man From Nowhere! Won Bin is in there! People said that he looks really handsome in there so I have to see it myself," Mina said as she squirmed in excitement.

Baekhyun gave his girlfriend a weird look because of the way she was overreacting over her favorite actor. 

"So can we go? Can we? Can we?" Mina repeatedly asked.

"Alright alright. Sheeze, what's so good about Won Bin anyways?"

"Hey! Don't say that about him! I'll take him any day over you," Mina said as she slapped Baekhyun on the arm, causing him to react in pain although it was not serious.



Baekhyun and Mina took a seat next to each other in the movie theaters while holding on to their popcorn and drinks. 

"I'm so excited and nervous," Mina said as she anxiously munched on popcorn.

Baekhyun sighed because he still couldn't understand his girlfriend's excitement over this movie, or particularly over Won Bin.

After waiting a couple more minutes, the movie was finally starting and Mina was filled with excitement and anxiety. Meanwhile, Baekhyun was still not excited and really didn't seem interested in the movie. The only reason why he was here in the first place was because of Mina. However, what Baekhyun didn't know at that exact moment was that this is where his dream begins. 

With an hour or so into the movie, Baekhyun was surprisingly sitting at the edge of his seat while watching the movie with his eyes wide open. He was totally different from before and even seemed more hyped by the action in the movie than Mina who originally wanted to watch it. Mina looked over at Baekhyun and saw this, and smiled because of how funny it was to her. 

When the movie was done, Mina and Baekhyun was walking out of the movie theaters. Mina was talking nonstop about the movie and Won Bin while Baekhyun was rather calm, or at least tried to seem like it. 

"He looked so cool!" Mina said with excitement as she thought about Won Bin and his role in the movie. "What did you think of it?"

"Hmm, it was okay I guess," Baekhyun said with little interest.

"What? Okay? Don't lie to me. I saw you sitting at the edge of your seat throughout the movie," Mina said.

"Wha-what? No I wasn't," Baekhyun lied as he cleared his throat and looked away.

"You thought Won Bin looked cool too huh?" Mina asked as she moved her face closer to her boyfriend.

"Yeah, really cool," Baekhyun finally gave in. 

He couldn't stay still anymore and listen to his girlfriend do all the talking. He couldn't deny it anymore. The movie was way better than he expected, and Won Bin was so charismatic throughout the movie.

When Mina and Baekhyun was on the bus to go home, they continued to talk about their thoughts on the movie and Won Bin. 

"The part when he was looking in the mirror and cutting his hair with no shirt on! Goodness, this is killing me," Mina said as she thought about the scene. 

Baekhyun chuckled at how crazy his girlfriend was fangirling over Won Bin. 

"Besides from that, he looked so charismatic throughout the movie. He played his character very well and I can't imagine anyone else playing his role," Mina continued. 

While she was talking, Baekhyun was silent and thinking about what his girlfriend said. Did she really like Won Bin that much? Was she really taken away by his acting in the movie that much? He's never seen her praise anyone that much before. For some odd reason, Baekhyun was starting to even become envious. He looked at his girlfriend and saw how sparkled her eyes were when she thought about Won Bin and his role in the movie. As silly as it sound, Baekhyun even wished for a moment that he was Won Bin. He wanted his girlfriend to praise him the same way she praised Won Bin. He wanted her to admire him the same way she admired Won Bin greatly in the movie. He wanted her eyes to sparkle whenever she looked at him. And before he knew it, he was starting to realize his dream. 



For the next few days, Baekhyun was starting to act slightly different after watching the movie with Mina. He did not realize it, but he was now truly envious of Won Bin and even started to admire him. He began to watch little clips of Won Bin and the roles that he's played in. He was becoming taken away by how charismatic Won Bin was, and now he could see why Mina liked him. 

Just as he was doing this, his phone began to ring. He looked at his phone that was still ringing, and saw that it was Mina.

"Hey babe. What's up?" Baekhyun asked when he answered the phone. 

"What are you doing? You didn't answer my text," Mina said on the other line.

"Oh, sorry about that. I was busy doing something," 

"Like what?'

"Something,"

"Byun Baekhyun. Are you hiding something from me? You've been acting differently recently," Mina said upsetly.

"No! Of course not! I've just been doing something else. Sorry," Baekhyun quickly stated. 

"Hmmm, alright," Mina said although she didn't believe him.

"Honey, I mean it, okay?" Baekhyun said sincerely to show his girlfriend that he wasn't hiding anything. 

"Alright then,"

Baekhyun was relieved to see that Mina wasn't upset anymore and trusted him. He would never do anything unusual behind her back. Although he admit himself that he hasn't been calling Mina lately or spending as much time with her, he was busy admiring Won Bin and his acting. 

"Well I got to go. I'll call you later, alright?" Baekhyun said with a gentle voice.

"Alright. Don't forget to," Mina said before they both hung up. 



Baekhyun was sitting down at the dinner table with his mom as they were eating their meal. 

"Where's dad?" Baekhyun asked as he looked at his dad's empty seat. 

"He's still at work. He won't be coming home until late," his mom replied. 

And then it went silent between the two for a moment. 

"So how's school been lately?" his mother asked in order to fill in the silence. 

"It's been good like usual. Nothing different," Baekhyun responded.

"That's good," 

And again, it went silent between the mother and son who did not have much to talk about. 

"It's a relief that you're dating Mina," Baekhyun's mom said with a smile. 

"Really? Why?"

"Because, she's beautiful and kind, and smart. Look at where you are now eversince you met her and dated her," his mom said.

Baekhyun took a moment to think about what his mom said. Now that he thought about it, his mom was right. Eversince the tutoring session where he talked to Mina for the first time, his life changed after that. He began to take his education seriously by studying hard and actually trying in school for the first time. And this was all thanks to Mina who he could now call as his, and he considered himself extremely lucky. 

"So do you... By chance have an idea of what you want to be?" his mom slowly asked, interrupting Baekhyun's thoughts.

But instead of replying right away to his mother, he was silent as he thought about something. He seemed reluctant to tell his mother what was on his mind, and he was even nervous. But now was the chance. It was either now or never to tell his mother his dreams of what he wants to be. 

"... I want to be... An actor," Baekhyun carefully said. 

  The flashback ends for now, and we will finally be returning to the present. 

~ End of Chapter 15~

Author's Note: Have you guys seen The Man From Nowhere? Last time I watched it was a while ago, but from what I remember, it was a good movie! Although, I must warn that it is pretty gruesome... Haha. Won Bin looks so good in there too! ADHIAOUAIOUE. Okay, I'm starting to become like Mina now... Thanks for reading! - 7/3/2016