1- Introducing Ms. Cheater and Mr. Who Got Cheated On

I Cheated on Byun Baekhyun

       Mina took a seat and began to nervously play with her finger tips while keeping her head down. Sitting across from her was a reporter who was preparing to interview her by asking her a couple questions. Standing next to him was a camera man who was pointing the camera at Mina and already recording the interview. 

"So let's get started shall we, Ms. Kwon Mina? There is no need to be nervous. I will just be asking you a couple questions and all you have to do is answer them," the reporter explained. 

"This interview footage, isn't going to be released to the public right?" Mina slowly asked as she stared at the camera.

"Correct. We are recording just incase we miss anything important and need to look back," 

Mina slightly nodded her head without saying anything more and went back to playing with her fingertips.

"I understand that you are busy, so I will get straight to the point if you don't mind," the reporter started off. "Currently. Byun Baekhyun has been caught in a controversy due to something that involves you. He stated that you-"

"Excuse me. I thought you said you would get straight to the point," Mina interrupted who was starting to become impatient, causing the reporter to be slightly taken aback.

"That's correct," the reporter said as he cleared his throat. "Ms. Kwon Mina, is it true that you cheated on Byun Baekhyun, who is now the top actor in Korea?" 

Mina stared at the reporter as she remained silent for a couple seconds. 

"Yes," she finally replied. 



[A few weeks earlier]

The bells on the door that indicates someone entered the cafe, rang. A group of girls took a seat at a table near the window and was greeted by Mina who gave them menus before walking away to give time for them to order. 

"Enjoy!" Mina said with a smile to a customer who was leaving the cafe. She then began to clean up the table of the customer that just left by piling plates on top of each other and doing her best to not cause a mess. 

"Excuse me. Can you turn up the volume?" one of the girls from before who entered not too long ago asked. 

"Sure. Give me a quick second," Mina replied as she walked towards the counter to grab the remote and turn the volume on the television louder. 

"He is so charming! Look at his smile," another girl part of the same group shrieked as she stared at a celebrity on t.v. 

"Have you watched his new movie yet? He was so good in there!"

"Of course! Who hasn't?!"

While those group of girls were fangirling over this celebrity on t.v, Mina was minding her own business by cleaning up the remainder of the dirty plates on the previous table despite hearing their conversation. It was just another casual day of work by the looks of it. 

 

"Lately, your movie has been gaining mass attention from the public and receiving a lot of love for your acting. Can you explain what the movie is about and what your role is for those who probably has not seen it?" the talkshow host asked. 

"Aha, thank you," Baekhyun chuckled with a shyful smile. "In the movie, I play as a troublemaking high school student who just so happens to cross path with an innocent and quiet girl. One day, she disappears without a trace but the public seems so calm about it. So I take it into my own hands to find her by finding hints that were left behind without knowing where she is or if she is still alive,"

"Wow, I feel like I can watch it again with the way you explained it," the host joked. "If I'm correct, the girl in the movie also plays as your first love right?" 

"Yes, that is correct,"

"Now, speaking about first love, I hope this isn't something too much to ask. But, when was it? I'm sure everybody is curious about this," the host asked as he swayed his hands towards the audience in front of them,, causing them to sit at the edge of their seats in agreement. 

"First love? What is that?" Baekhyun laughed with slight embarrassment as he looked at the ground and rubbed the back of his neck. 

"What? He's never had a first love before?" one of the girls in the cafe asked in disbelief who was still watching the talkshow on t.v. Along with her other friends, their eyes were bursting with admiration and love for their favorite actor. 

Meanwhile, unlike them, Mina was still silent like before. Except this time, she stopped cleaning up the table and was listening to the talkshow on t.v despite not directly watching it. This was unusual of her since she never really cared about what was on t.v. 

"Woah! You mean, the most popular actor in Korea has never had a first love before?!" the host asked in astonishment. 

Baekhyun laughed and scratched the back of his head cutely, causing the audience to be swayed away by his cuteness. The girls in the cafe began to shriek and scream loudly because they too could not handle Baekhyun's cuteness and slight embarrassment of never having a first love. Just as they were busy talking about Baekhyun upon themselves, their conversation was interrupted by a loud noise of something cracking. They quickly turned to see what it was and saw Mina picking up pieces of a cracked plate off the ground. 

"She must have been shocked to hear that Baekhyun's never had a first love too," one of the girls joked, causing the rest of her friends to giggle and laugh. 

Instead of calmly picking up the cracked pieces of the plates off the ground, Mina's hand was shaking while doing so. What happened to the calm and collected Mina from just minutes ago who was now trembling? 



It was getting late and nearing closing time. The cafe was now empty and Mina was taking her time wiping the tables to make sure it was clean.

"You can rest already Mina," one of her co worker said as she stepped out from the backroom. 

"Just a minute Bora. Let me wipe this last table," Mina replied as she wiped the table back and forth, not realizing that she was cleaning that table for quite some time now. 

Bora brought over two cups of tea and set them on the table. "Let's keep our bodies warm before we close and end the night." 

Mina set the cleaning towel on the table and took a seat across the table from Bora with the realization that she should really rest. After all, it's been a long day, or at least it just felt like it. 

"Why are you working extremely hard today?" Bora sarcastically asked. 

"What do you mean? I'm always working hard," Mina bluffed as she stared down at the steam coming from the tea. 

"I know, but you just seem to be overdoing it today,"

Mina stayed silent and took a sip of her tea, staying quiet than usual. 

"Anyways, did you hear about Prince Baekhyun? Gosh that boy is so handsome! I just fall more in love with him everytime I watch his movies," Bora said with joy until she remembered something. "Oh wait, that's right. You're the only person I know that doesn't care for him. Something must be wrong with you. How could you not like someone as good looking as that?" she said as she shined a photo of Baekhyun on her phone in front of Mina's face. 

Mina pulled her head back from the bright light on Bora's phone. "I just don't see anything good about him honestly. Kim Jongdae is who we should be talking about here."

"Don't bull me!" Bora exclaimed, causing Mina to giggle at her obsession with Baekhyun. 

 

The next day, Baekhyun walked out of his company's building while wearing sunglasses, and immediately reporters and photographers started to gather around him. Security guards began to block this crowd from getting anywhere near Baekhyun since it was a must due to his on-growing popularity. 

"Mr. Byun Baekhyun! Is it true that you have never had a first love?!" one of the reporters yelled. 

"There must have been a girl that you've liked at some point along your way to fame!"

"How do you think your fans feel after learning this? Do they have a chance?!"

Reporters continued to flood with countless questions while flashing cameras in his face. Security guards continued their best to hold this crowd back while Baekhyun was walking to his van with his head down. When he finally got into the van with little trouble, he closed the door and took off his sunglasses and let out a breath of relief. Just then, his manager who was sitting in the passenger's seat, slighty turned his head to look at him. 

"You know you have to be careful now right?" his manager asked. 

Baekhyun smirked at his manager's words while staring out the window. He did not seem too concern about his manager's words. "It's not me you have to worry about, but her."

 

~End of Chapter 1~