Chapter 26

I'M WITH YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyomin’s POV

"Uhmmmm..." I hummed my head was violently throbbing it was like my heart replaced my brain and it's malfunctioning and my hearing was ringing, I can taste dehydration on the back of my throat like poison, my senses slowly surges back when I was able to open my eyes.

"U-uncle?" I called out my voice hoarse it hurts when I talk

"Uncle?"

"Hyomin? Oh thank god! You're awake! How are you feeling? Just a sec I'll call Jiyeon wait for her..."

"Jiyeon?" I repeated with confusion who’s Jiyeon?

Uncle reappeared from the door with sadness in his eyes. And even with my migraine I can see the pity and concern that's written on his sad smile as he smiled at me.

"I thought she'd stay..."

"Who would stay?"

"Jiyeon, your - - wait you don't - -"

"Who's Jiyeon? What are you talking about uncle?"

 "You remember me?"

 "Of course why not? You're my uncle right?" I asked getting more and more confused and frustrated with his shortcomings.

"I'll call your doctor first okay?" he then exited again and I just followed him with my gaze.

I roamed my eyes and I saw a phone by the bedside table but before I could stretch out to pick it up the cables still connected to my body stopped me, a few minutes later uncle came back with my doctor.

 "Good Afternoon Hyomin-shi, how are you feeling?"

"Can you make the pain in my head stop please?" I muttered like a child

 "Yes of course we'll do that, but for now can I ask you a few questions?"

 "Sure..."

"Do you have any idea why you're here?" I momentarily paused and thought hard about a reason but I can't think of anything so I just looked again at him and nodded my head sideways.

"What do you remember Hyomin-shi? Do you know this guy here?" the doctor asked pointing to my uncle

"Yes, he's my uncle." I plainly said

 "I'm going to mention some names and places and events from the past months and you'll tell me if you remember any of them okay?" he asked I just nodded in response

"Jung Jun Hyung?"

"He's my dad."

 "Jung Eun Hye?"

"My mom?"

"Kim Myungsoo?"

"I don't know him." I answered not meeting his gaze my head begins to throb again

 "Park Soyeon?"

"I don't know her."

"Lee Qri? Ham Eunjung?"

"No I don't - -"

 "Park Jiyeon?"

Something stopped me with the last name he mentioned, I don't know why but that name sends me shivers and goose bumps. But as much as I tried processing that name in my head it can't project a face connected to that name.

"I don't remember any of them."

“Why are you asking me these things? Why can't I remember some of them? Who are those people you mention?" I successively asked I massaged my temple in the process feeling my migraine doubled.

"Hyomin-shi, you are brought here two weeks ago, because you've been involve in a shoot-out. You received two gunshot wounds, one on your side and the other one on your head. You were in coma for two weeks because we waited for the right moment to remove the bullet from your head. The disorientation and selective amnesia you are experiencing now were the side effects of the operation."

 "Selective Amnesia?" uncle asked

"Yes Mr. Jung. She remembers everything from her childhood to the point she graduated but none after that so the people, place and events that happened to her after college were all gone and we're not sure if she will be able to regain them. That we have to wait for." I was speechless.

 "We'll run a few more tests on her tomorrow, for now I'll let the nurse treat your migraine and have your rest." After that, the bald bespectacled nice doctor left us alone again.

 Uncle was standing near the window, the nurses came and they took away the machines and the cables and my head ache.

 "Uncle? Aren't you happy I survived?" I asked he's been silent and avoiding since the doctor left.

"No Hyomina, I am delighted that you're alive. It's just that I feel sorry for you losing parts of your memory..."

"Maybe they're not important, those people those places those events maybe they're not important that's why I can't remember and of them and - -"

"Hyomin, you don't know what you're talking about so please stop." He said his voice slightly rose.

"I am as frustrated as you are uncle. I am the one who can't remember anything in what happened in my life for the past months, I am the one who has forgotten who her friends was, and I should be pulling my hair off in frustration right now, but more than frustrations I feel resigned. I feel tired. I don't know why, I feel sore maybe because I've lain in this bed for two whole weeks but I feel a deeper sense of exhaustion within me. That if I don't remember anything at all it would be fine. Just let me rest then."

"Do you remember anything from hundred years ago?"

"What? What hundred years ago? How can I remem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter